Create Account

S62 mPT 4: Automation

Automization will definitely benefit the claiming pts section. Sometimes we may forgot to put the claim link to update players so if there is a way of automizing that, it will be amazing.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

I suppose I've been a bit spoiled by the portal in the VHL, but having a portal for updates would be amazing. Much easier on both ends, submitting and approving updates, as well as ease of applying TPE and running regression.

The entire updating process needs to have some more automation involved. With some people not having a very good updating format to updaters being more accurate I think some more automation would greatly improve the quality of life involving updates

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

I think automating something that allows you to skip the step of having to copy/paste stuff into the update page.  It would be cool to just do the activity check post and buy the weekly training and have the instant tpe automatically be added to your "account" and then maybe we go to a page where we can build the attributes from like a dropdown menu with an automated calculator. idk

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

PBE recently instituted a new policy where they are doing a single claim link with all of the TPE awarded for the various tasks each week.  That streamlines the claiming process for both players and updaters.  Would be nice to see that here as well.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Automating updates might be ok but I don't mind, gives me something to do while I wait to get enough TPE to move up in this scale. Somehow automating PT grading might help get me more teeps sooner though, bit behind.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Automated PT claims would be really cool to see; however, I don't have a whole lot of confidence that some PTs wouldn't get missed. It can certainly be done, but would definitely need a good amount of testing to make sure it's working properly.

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

I would love to see the updater tool use some automation. Much like the PBE updater tool, if it pulled your player page from the link you provide it would cut down on a lot of the mistakes updaters see in the updates they process.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

Real answer would be PT claims. Having that automated would be awesome to get the TPE out ready to claim. REAL REAL answer would be to automatically post I hate this PT to slash every time he posts anything. (honestly just joking love the new PT formats.)

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

If the claim/update threads for a player were more automated, granted via some db wizardry, where it will check against claimed vs unclaimed (assuming you're eligible to claim a task) and spit out a generated update reply like the current update utility.  That would be pretty cool, and make it easy for users to look back through and claim things.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

For me I think some sort of automatic updater would be the biggest boast, as it could pull from what threads you've done and give links based on that information.

[Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png][Image: ReginaElkLogoAlternate.png]

Part of the charm of the site is that it's community-run and not much is automated, so if I did have to automate something it'd be something that takes a long time, is tedious, and nobody really wants to do, like grading PTs (having done the Lindsay voting a few times I know how tedious checking verification words is)

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I don't know. I think that humans do most of these jobs is what makes the SHL such a special project. If I wanted something automated I would just go play Chel.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Well I think the most obvious would be an automated update system. This would however require a huge overhaul of the system, for claiming and updating threads. So I highly doubt this is feasible

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Now that you mentioned it in the prompt, Activity Checks would be a relatively easy target for automation since it's a simple topic start and begins at an exact time

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget