Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

Player Prompt

If there’s a game, M’Baku Olubori is going to be trying. It doesn’t matter if it’s a preseason game where he’s being careful not to get hurt, he’ll still bring some edge. At one point he intended to take a break in the offseason, but becoming a fixture on the Swedish National team has complicated that. Now, he’s in game shape year-round and ready to push the tempo. This preseason, Baku needs to be a leader on and off the ice. BAP still has many young players getting situated to SHL speed/expectations and more to come in the next few seasons. If Baltimore is going to break through and climb the standings, Baku needs to practice and play like one of the team’s stars. Bad habits start early, and the coaches and GM let Baku know they rely on him and the other veterans to hold to high standards. This year, while his roster spot is secure coaches yet again are changing his role. Rather than complaining, Baku is taking it in stride.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Player Prompt

There is no downtime. Barca hasn't won anything yet aside from a 4 star in his rookie year. There is a lot of room for improvement and many day in the offseason to work on perfecting that form. When he gets a ring, maybe he can take a week or two off, but until then it's all steam ahead.
At the end of the day these are athletes who are given enormous opportunities and resources. An off season few hours a day workout? Sounds good compared to a 9-5. Throw in that you get paid exceptionally well to do so and there isn't very much left over to complain about. Nathaniel heads to the rink every day and takes use of the state of the art gym and training center for a few hours every day. He tries to get on the ice for a skate with some of the team mates as well if they show up, just get the muscles remembering what to do. This career is a short one and if taking a few hours every day to keep in shape make a difference, it's an extremely small sacrifice.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Written Task: The night before opening day, your player is contacted by extraterrestrials. They have seen broadcasts of this hu-mon sport of "Ho'Kii" and want you to teach their crew the rules. How does your player teach the game? Are the aliens any good at it? (150+ words)

Remington Richardson III would teach the aliens in the old school hockey way of playing. Even though he's a british fella, his influences are the grinding, holding, clutching way of playing that are classically North American. He'd be a very hands on coach, pushing the team in annoying fashion, which is all part of the strategy of teaching the aliens the way of the old school hockey.

If we're training for some sort of alien showdown where - god forbid - the future of the human race depends on our aliens beating the other aliens, well, we're going to play old school playoff hockey. The refs will put their whistles away and our aliens will hook, charge, rough and trip the other team. it won't be pretty, but with RR3 in charge, the aliens will pick up the style quickly. Eventually, they'd become good enough to progress into other facets of the game. But these will be the coaching points.

(164 words)

[Image: image.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 11:46 PM by Ricer13. Edited 2 times in total.)

[Image: IMG_8139.png]

Alien on a jersey instead of an alien in a jersey?!?

Red Deer Invaders

Player Prompt:
Seeing as Cale is still fighting to make a top spot in his team he is still taking to the preseason and training camp really hard. He has taken a short break to heal some nagging bumps and bruises but then it was right back to work with training and getting into the best shape of his life before the preseason started. He showed up wanting to earn his spot in the lineup and try to help push his teammates to be better. This of course until he gets to the preseason games where he and @CementHands are more likely to be found checking out the stands and wondering where they should be headed after the game to try and catch some tail. Of the duality of being a young and talented player in the SHL. This of course is because in the end it is only preseason and they are looking to save that real game like energy for the regular season. And who doesn’t love to get the boys together and have some fun after the summer break!

Code:
WC: 181

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Hammer's routine is very important to him and must not be broken, it all begins in the locker room, from the moment he gets dressed everything that goes on the right-hand side of his body must be put on first, gloves, skates, socks, jersey must be put on with the right arm going through first, same with the pants the right leg must go on first, and then it's on to the ice for warm-ups. Jacques rushes on a regular basis so he can be the first on the ice, on the odd occasion he hasn't been the first on the ice he has literally tackled teammates so that he could be first, from there Hammer likes to take three shots from all of his favourite locations, and then he can practice with the team. And just as he was first on the ice, he has to be the last person on the ice, Jacques has had a standoff with a few teammates for several minutes to be the last one on the ice.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

p2: My hockey player's preseason routine is a well-balanced mix of dedication and strategy. They approach the offseason with utmost seriousness, focusing on intense training to improve their skills, strength, and conditioning. This groundwork ensures they enter training camp at their peak physical and mental state.

During training camp, my player gives it their all, understanding the importance of every practice and exhibition game. They know that securing a roster spot is a competitive process, and they are determined to stand out among their teammates. Each opportunity to perform is seized to demonstrate their worth to the coaching staff and management.

However, while they push themselves during the preseason, they also exercise caution. They avoid going overboard to prevent injuries and conserve energy for the grueling regular season. Striking this balance is crucial as they aim to be fully prepared for the high-stakes, real games that lie ahead.By taking this time seriously but also managing their effort, my player sets themselves up for a successful and impactful regular season in their pursuit of both personal and team goals.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

The preseason is the start of the grind, so Louise St. Martin takes it...well, just seriously enough that it's not blatant throwing, but doesn't overexert herself. Her offseasons tend to be short as she puts in a ton of work for the national team, and knows she'll be needed for club soon enough, so the preseason is an opportunity to ease back into things without burning her out by the time the playoffs start. She's often the first one in town just to get over jet lag and such, but is one of the last ones on the ice though she does quite a bit of off-ice stuff and runs a hockey camp. But by the regular season, she is rough and ready to eat 24 minutes a night and time on both special teams for the next six months in pursuit of the Challenge Cup.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Creative prompt – aliens, learning about shit on earth

It was the night before the opening games of the VHL. All was well throughout the world. Even Russia was at peace! What a world this was. When all of a sudden, in a small little neighbourhood in Germany, aliens flew their big ass ship on top of St. Louis Scarevrow and NOLA members house, Konig Wolf. The following description was caught on footage by drone.

“ out of nowhere, a streak of blue and purple light flashed across the sky and stopped on top of Mr. wolves house. All of a sudden a massive beam. A fire shot down onto the roof and six massive aliens with tentacles came out they brought Mr. Wolf up into the ship, and they shut off into the sky.”

When interviewed, Mr. Wolf had no fucking idea what anyone was talking about. However, NASA has released a report, noting that they do have surveillance on what Wolf was talking about with the aliens when he was on the spacecraft. It is to be told that wolf was showing them Don Cherry rock’,’em, sock’em videos and all the glorious hockey fighting vids like goon, slap shot etc… it is said they’re trying to put together an interspace, galactic league.

Being that it is only my second season in the show, I still take all the prep work quite seriously. I do take some time off after playoffs, but I am sure to show up at the start of training camp ready to go. I am not some veteran that knows they will have a spot during the season, I am young and eager to move up the lineup and show my coach and GM that I am the real deal. During games you can't really go half pace on the ice, as that just risks getting yourself hurt. If you go in 50% and your opponent isn't holding back you are screwed. My coach can be trusted to limit my minutes if he feels the need. I still have a lot to prove, and this season am hoping to lock down that first defensive pairing spot, and help push this team to victory.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

PLAYER PROMPT 

Sir Devoir mostly dedicates his life to self-improvement, both on the ice and in life. So when his preseason prep starts, he will always begin doing it with a few days of mediation periods to think about how the previous seasons have gone and hope he can improve on his performances going forward. When it comes to how hard he trains in training camp, he is somewhat in the middle, finding a balance of working hard and relaxing so as not to overextend himself before the actual games start. He knows that his roster spot as the teams starting goalie is rock solid at the moment, but he is not willing to just coast through it ether.

He also tries to get his teammates into meditation sessions as well, but very few of them go for it. Mostly he just works as hard as he can during the preseason but does not force his body to do more then it is ready to do at the moment. Keep on moving but don't tire yourself out is how he sees it.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Player Prompt:

Beck used to take preseason very seriously. When he was one of the younger guns, it was imperative that he show his worth and fight for his spot, even if there was little competition to his role. But for the past three seasons, he has accepted his spot on the team as the #3 defenseman on a stacked team. He is the old tenured guy that has the skill to lock it down if necessary, but not the cutting edge ability of the two youngsters, O'Neil and Kinsinger. While he could be a #1 elsewhere, he relishes his spot as a backup and extra punch from the back end for the team. Since all his Rora teammates are so good, he can just set up and let it fly. They will do the rest. On the backend, he's always enjoyed the physical side of the game, so staying at home sometimes is just his gravy. This preseason he knocked it out of the park, the best of his career. Maybe he should take it easy more often, eh?

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Creative prompt

I've seen spacejam too many times to trust these aliens, if I teach them anything they're going to just suck up LEG and Rashford's hockey powers and challenge us to a game to get them back. A wacky adventure with bugs bunny and the gang and a potentially killer theme song to come out of it does sound cool but it would really hurt our cup chances this season. That being said I would answer their call but only to teach them incorrectly so they'll lose when you inevitably turn on us and start demanding ransoms. I would tell them to never under any circumstances to chase the puck, it's better for the opponent to get it and then bring it to you. Next I would tell them that typical strategy is to have 4 defenders with only one forward. Lastly I would teach their goaltender the old standup method of goaltending so we'll be able to shoot goals through their legs, don't want to introduce the butterfly to these guys.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]