gm pass

[Image: hallsy.png]

gm pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 10:57 AM by Bayley. Edited 1 time in total.)

Affiliate PT: (3TPE)
PBE PT - Bayley

----------------------------------------------------

Code:
Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. You can never take success for granted, but these are two of the league's heavy favorites coming into the cup finals. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
I am going to talk about the New England Wolfpack. I have to say that Ivan Lacksamus is the piece that impresses me the most. I mean, 55 goals and 76 assists for a total of 131 points. How can you not be impressed with that? they are also +33 which shows that they were making an impact out there. This is what impresses me most, no question.
Quote:Words: 68

Code:
2. Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
I think that the New England Wolfpack will be winning this season. I think Winnipeg is going to have a time trying to stop Ivan Lacksamus and I just don't think that they do it. If you cannot stop him, you just cannot win. For that reason, I am taking the Wolfpack to win the championship.
Quote:Words: 57

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cold Sweat and Frozen Tears (150 words min)
How many more kicks at the can will these teams have with their current cores? Winnipeg has been unbelievably dominant with four straight wins of the Western conference. The Wolfpack have been one of the best teams in the league for several seasons running as well. For how long are these two cores going to keep themselves in that top echelon? Which teams will be their biggest threats next season?
I really think that the San Francisco Pride are going to be a team to mess with next season. When you look at the core of Connor O'Byrne, KyIe Murray, Chuchichäschtli Zopf, Toasty, Viktor Hargreeves, Oskar Scholz with Walter Sobchak in goal, there is a lot to like there. This is a Pride team that made the playoffs this season as well and will be growing with some of the younger players as well as regression from other teams. So, this team is really set to make a run and when they make a run, they are going to be good for a long time. There was an article out there about top prospects and top systems. It was no surprise that the Pride were up there on the list just given the fact that they have such great players. I think they are the team to mess with for the forseeable future. I think it's important to always think about them.
Quote:Words: 165

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

GM pass momento

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

HO Pass.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

J GM CW pass

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2023, 09:52 AM by karlssens. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
karl

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. You can never take success for granted, but these are two of the league's heavy favorites coming into the cup finals. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. New England vs Winnipeg makes this a rematch of the S70 finals! What does Winnipeg have to do differently to take round two, two seasons later, in season seventy-two?
c. The Aurora defeated the Blizzard in their conference final, and the Wolfpack sank the Forge. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?
2a - What impresses me the most is the incredible longevity of success for Winnipeg, both in the regular season and in the playoffs, and the lack of a title. I'm not trying to be mean, I think it's a genuine stroke of bad luck that they could finish top 2 in each of the past 4 regular season AND make it to the finals in each of those seasons AND not win 1 title. If they can't get it done with this core it will go down as a disappointment, but it's going to be a weird disappointment where they literally did everything perfectly except win round 4. New England has their title already so if they lose so the pressure is off so to speak.
2b - I don't necessarily think they need to do anything differently. They made it to within 1 win of the challenge cup, losing in a winner takes all game 7. You could argue they were the favorite being the top seed in the west and New England being the 4th seed in the east, but time has shown us that New England was no underdog and went on to be the top seed the following playoffs (and again the season after that). I guess just invest in more lucky socks, jockstraps and stuff like that.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Peggy's Back, Tell a Friend (150 words min.)
Winnipeg is a cup finalist for an astonishing fourth year in a row! To make that happen in the current era of the SHL requires serious skill and deserves appreciation. What is it that makes this Aurora era so successful? What have been the most crucial factors in their Western dominance? What lessons should the rest of the league learn from their success?
I don't think there's just one thing that makes the Winnipeg Aurora as successful as they are, but one of the big reasons why is there management team at the top. A while back I used to manage the Edmonton Blizzard with the current GM of the Winnipeg Aurora and we went on to have many successful seasons together as well as a bunch more after he eventually moved on to another team. Ace has a very good understanding of the SHL and more importantly it's users. He's able to bring in the right people to help guide the team in the right direction and it appears to have paid off yet again in Winnipeg. Here's hoping he can add another Challenge Cup to his resume because it's kind of bizarre he hasn't one it since way back in season 23. I've created three players in that time and retired two of them after very long careers.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2023, 12:23 PM by sliceruser. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. New England vs Winnipeg makes this a rematch of the S70 finals! What does Winnipeg have to do differently to take round two, two seasons later, in season seventy-two?
c. The Aurora defeated the Blizzard in their conference final, and the Wolfpack sank the Forge. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?

a. The team I choose for what impresses me most is the Winnipeg Aurora. Winnipeg has been a great team throughout this season and has proven it more then ever taking down some of the toughest teams in the playoffs this season but what impresses me most about them is that they didn't just make it to the finals once or twice but a crazy 4 times in a row against this tough of a league. any team can make it to the finals but 4 seasons in a row is beyond crazy consistency.

b. The answer to this question is a rather simple one but not easy. You have to come out swinging, put on the pressure and score as much as possible and don’t give them even a second to breathe. Never let up on the offense and play the full 60 mins every night. Every break you give them is a chance to fight back.

c. The wolfpack vs Forge series was and incredible back and forth affair filled with high scoring and dominant game 7 finish for the wolves, but I would say the Winnipeg Aurora had the more impressive victory as they managed to win in just 5 games and proved how much of an offensive juggernaut, they could be scoring 15! Goals in the final 2 games to claim victory.

d. This is a tough question to answer, on paper going into the playoffs the New England Wolfpack had a dominant regular season and would appear the favorites but have struggled against some of their playoff opponents, on the flipside Winnipeg seem unstoppable beating the 3rd and 4th seed teams to get to the finals and have 3 seasons of finals heartbreak propelling them forward, I would take the Aurora for the win.

Code:

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Peggy's Back, Tell a Friend (150 words min.)
Winnipeg is a cup finalist for an astonishing fourth year in a row! To make that happen in the current era of the SHL requires serious skill and deserves appreciation. What is it that makes this Aurora era so successful? What have been the most crucial factors in their Western dominance? What lessons should the rest of the league learn from their success?

Winnipeg has been on an unprecedented 4 season straight run to the finals. To break down how they have managed this feat you need to look at how they have built their team. To start, a brief look at their roster will show you that they have 8 players with over 1800 TPE from S61-S65 that are at the height of their prime all simultaneously with another 3 who have just barely left it over the course of these 4 seasons. To me this speaks volumes of their drafting ability during the seasons of their eligibility and picking out the right tactics and approach to adding free agents that complete their puzzle. The draft for the SHL can be your greatest friend for building a contender or your worst enemy as if you miss on picks for 2-3 seasons you could struggle to be competitive for the next 10 seasons. The reason I would give for their dominance is their scouting team building a solid and consistent team with only 1 season of knowledge to gleam how they will play and I can see this team going to the finals next season as well for that is how strong of a foundation that has been built from S57-S65. If a team wants to replicate their success it has to be building a solid foundation through the draft.

Code:

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

verification word - Mograine
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2023, 02:54 AM by Carpy48. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Trivia verification: redcarpet

+3 TPE

Code:

I mostly pick Winnipeg because it's their "I don't even know anymore how many"-th appearance in the finals and they need to win. I theoretically don't even like the same teams in the finals all the time, so let Winnipeg win this one and then hopefully we'll see other West teams in the finals.
(54 words)

+ 1 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Cold Sweat and Frozen Tears (150 words min)
How many more kicks at the can will these teams have with their current cores? Winnipeg has been unbelievably dominant with four straight wins of the Western conference. The Wolfpack have been one of the best teams in the league for several seasons running as well. For how long are these two cores going to keep themselves in that top echelon? Which teams will be their biggest threats next season?

As I mentioned in my previous post above I hope that Winnipeg can finally win this time and then be done and make space for another team to win a cup that hasn't won one (ever or for a long time). Nothing is probably more frustrating than making it to the finals every year and always losing. Four times is enough. The Wolfpack on the other hand have shown how a rebuild can work, but they were already successful two seasons ago. No team should stay at the top forever. I'll only give them until Toronto has finished their rebuild which shouldn't take too much longer. The East doesn't look that threatening right now, so perhaps New England will be lucky again to not have a serious threat next season, but things should change soon, maybe in 3-4 seasons. As far as the West goes, we already saw Edmonton come quite far, so they should have a chance soon as well. In the regular season Chicago looked quite interesting as well. I really hope Minnesota can eventually make it out too.
(181 words)

+ 3 TPE

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Kurzgesagt
Draw how your team's season went! As long as I can tell which team you play for and it conveys some kind of sentiment about your team's season, you'll get credit.

[Image: snaTPzf.png]

+ 3 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 05:47 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

ISFL PT +3 TPE

Code:

Verification word: slothin
+3 TPE (hopefully)

Code:

a. I think both teams' consistency really impresses me the most when I think about either franchise so I'll have to go with that. Winnipeg has consistently been in the finals the last few seasons and have put together a crazy strong squad. New England has also built their roster really well and have seen a ton of success recently including a cup win. It is impressive both teams have found ways to build lasting squads without sacrificing the future to win now.

82 words +1 TPE

b. I think what Winnipeg has to do differently this finals in order to come out on top is that they need to score more goals than the New England Wolfpack in each of the games they play in the finals. If they score more goals than the pack in each game then there is no way that they cannot come out on top this time. If they score more they'll win!

71 words +1 TPE

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

CW Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

GM pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

gm pass

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

CW pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!