Create Account

S17 CW Here we go Again!

2. sent

3. sent

5. If I had just won the challenge cup and had the oppertunity to skate around with it for a little bit, the very first person I would look to hand this cup to is none other than Joe McKeil. Winning a cup in Hamilton is something I know will happen very soon, and who else would it be better to pass to then the man who basically built this team into the franchise it is today? Joe has dedicated so much of his time and effort into making Hamilton the place it is today, and I know he is arguably the most respected member on the team. Without Joe I would never have continued to be apart of this league. He helped me so much, and look where I am today! Without any hesitation in my mind I would instantly skate towards Joe McKeil and hand him the cup with the biggest smile on my face. "here you go big guy! You're the one who really deserves to carry this around!" So when Hamilton wins the challenge cup you better believe that Joe McKeil will be the first person I hand the trophy over to because quite frankly nobody else deserves it as much as he does

Task 2&3: PM is out

[ TASK #1 ]

[ TASK #2 ]

PM ' ed

[ TASK #3 ]

PM ' ed

[ TASK #4 ]

[Image: cc2h1bavwn828p25hthp.png] [Image: ohizm04le1vdvy8jfvg.png]

[ TASK #5 ]

1. Toronto North Stars
1.) They have great offense with Schenn, Pajari, Yousuf, and Wong. They are great players, who can make the result on the score board. If these players can get behind Los Angeles defense then i think they can win these series easily. Even if they will play bad in defensive aspect.
2.) The bad thing is that they havent got a cup for long time. This is the bad thing cuz they really need to step up mentaly and psychicaly. Last season they felt to Edmonton , but i think now they can to this.
3.) The goalkeeper. Jaska is a great goalie and probably the best goalie in this series. He has been great all season and now in the play-off finals he can really show what he is made of. As I said, then if offence will do their work, then Jaska won't have to be the key of the game, but any way, Toronto has a great goal tending behind them , who can get his team going. Hes a great leader on ice and in Locker room.

Los Angeles Panthers
1.) They have had a fantastic run in the play-offs. In the first round they survived Edmonton Blizzards pressure. Edmonton is one of the most dangerous teams in SHL, cause they are the champions and they where going for the 3. cup in a row. Bet LAP stopped them, so it speaks for it self. In the second round they once again won the series in the 7th game. This time it was the Texas Renegades.
2.) The bad thing is the same as Toronto's bad thing. They too havent won a cup for a long time , and that can be a key for this series. because they dont have a lot of experience in finals and they have very young team.
3.) The best part is that they are just winners. If i should choose the other team to face in the finals, then it wouldn't be the Los Angeles Panthers. Just a great team, that can win the game. The team mentaly is a winners. They have winners mentality , so if they can keep this mentality all series long , then they can do big things and get a cup!
2. PMed
3. PMed
4. [Image: BTpnOAt.png]
5. If I had won the cup, and I could have passed it to any player to ever play in the SHL, I would have to say that I would pass it to Krišs Labsvārds from Dragons. Krišs has been and will be the most influential person for me and i think other latvians on this site. He was the one who got me onto the SHL, saying to me that it would be a great time, and that it would be worth it. He taught me how stuff worked around here and I am truly grateful for that. At the first when i got drafted by Falcons , he told me everything about this league and when i got drafted by his team - Dragons, he helped me even more. I think he can be great future captain. He already had an "A" on his shirt this season. His player is also no push over, and if we were on the same team he would be a key part of the defence and Power play for 100% , and the team winning the cup in general. He is a true leader and I would do anything to lift up a cup with my buddy - Krišs Labsvārds!

[ TASK #1 ]

Toronto

+ Scoring Superstars: Is there a more dynmic offensive duo than Benjamin Wong and Yousuf Scherbluk at the moment? I doubt it, those two players from two thirds of what has been by far the most dangerous line in the league pretty much since mid-season, and also now in the playoffs. Combine that with players like Grigori Pajari and Phil Schenn and you won't find a better core of offensive superstars in these playoffs.
+ Team Defense: North Stars goalie Mika Aalto is the only goalie with a goals against average under 2 at the moment and while Aalto has really come into his own as a very good goalie in the SHL recently, he couldn't have done it with the help of his teammates. If you just go by TPE he is actually one of the weaker goalies in these playoffs, but the great Toronto team defense has given him a chance to shine, and so far he has made the best of that.
- Depth Line Scoring: I just talked about the offensive superstars on the North Stars, but after Wong, Scherbluk, Pajari and Schenn, there is a large drop in quality on their forward corps. Much of the Stars' depth scoring has come from the blueline while after the Big-4 on offense, scoring drops dramatically. Only one (!Wink of their other forwards has more than one point and everyone other than Wong, Scherbluk, Pajari and Schenn is a minues player. Toronto might have more starpower than LA but if they don't get more than one or two lines going, the will have a hard time prevailing in the finals.

Los Angeles

+ Balanced Line-Up: I just highlighted the lack of depth scoring for the North Stars and this is a problem the LA Panthers certainly don't have. They might not have one or two superstars getting all the points for them, but their scoring is way more balanced and spread out with eight forwards at least having four points. Loos like we might be heading towards a battle of starpower vs. depth and it will be interesting to see which system will prevail.
+ Penalty-Kill: Toronto boasts a deadly powerplay and their star-studded line-up will be sure to make the best of the man-advantage whenever they get the chance. But if there is one team that could be able to shut down a powerplay as deadly as that it might be the Los Angeles Panthers. Their PK has been awesome so far this post-season, killing penalties at almost a 90% rate, if they can keep this up against the North Stars then it could be the one factor o push them over the top.
- Unproven Goaltending: It has been one of the most bizarre, yet largely unnoticed stories of these playoffs: The LA Panthers playing their back-up goaltender in all playoff games so far! Fabian Fuhrberg has struggled to stay consistenly active these past few seasons and has been bumped to the back-up spot by Jamie Shetler this season, but with a good stretch of games towards the end of the regular season he played his way back into a starting position. So far he has done a very good job but can he keep up these stellar, overachieving performances now that he has more pressure than ever? I don't exactly know about the early years of the league, but Fuhrberg could end up being one of the, if not THE lowest TPE-goalies to ever lead his team to a cup - unless the North Stars are the team that can finally take advantage of his lack of postseason-experience.

[ TASK #4 ]
(GRAPHIC TASK) Your artist company has just been chosen to design this years S17 Challenge Cup Banner. You must create 2 banners, one for each team just in case the other team wins.

[ TASK #5 ]
I will split this on into two parts, who I would be handing it to on my current team and which past SHL-player I would let raise the cup first.
From my team: Joe McKeil. He IS the Steelhawks, will be the top-scorer in franchise history soon and is just an incredibly loyal and dedicated guy who I also recruited myself, so I can't think of anyone better to hand the puck to first. Plus he is old, that always helps when it comes to making these kinds of decisions Tongue.
From the past: This one would be special. We would have the chance to go for an amazing Ray Bourque moment here by handing the cup to Riley "Riot" Raycroft. Not raising the cup myself, just giving it to him Joe Sakic-style and let him take a victory lap with it by taking in the cheers of the crowd - I would love that. Sadly the SHLs all-time leading scorer had to end his career without ever winning the cup, which is a real shame, so if I could back in time and give one player the cup, it would be him. One of the most classy, loyal and committed individuals this site has ever seen, he would deserve it.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Toronto North Stars
1.) They have great offense with Schenn, Pajari, Yousuf, and Wong. They are great players, who can make the result on the score board. If they will succeed at getting the puck behind Los Angeles Panthers, then they will win the series no doubt. It won't any difference how bad they will play defense.
2.) The bad thing is that they haven't won a Challenge cup in a while and this is a big challenge for the team. Last season they fell to the Blizzard, but now thay are once again in the finals, but this time it's LAP in front of them. If they will play as a team, then the won't fell in the finals once more.
3.) The goalkeeper. Jaska is a great goalie and probably the best goalie in this series. He has been great all season and now in the play-off finals he can really show what he is made of. As I said, then if offence will do their work, then Jaska won't have to be the key of the game, but any way, Toronto has a great goal tending behind them.

Las Angeles Panthers
1.) They have had a fantastic run in the play-offs. In the first round they survived Edmonton Blizzards pressure. Edmonton is one of the most dangerous teams in SHL, cause they are the champions and they where going for the 3. cup in a row. Bet LAP stopped them, so it speaks for it self. In the second round they once again won the series in the 7th game. This time it was the Texas Renegades.
2.) The bad thing is the same as the Toronto. They haven't been the champions in while, so they aren't so experienced. It can be final turning point in the series. They should really watch out that this doesn't hurt them.
3.) The best part is that they are just winners. If i should choose the other team to face in the finals, then it wouldn't be the Los Angeles Panthers. Just a great team, that can win the game.

2. PM'd you.
3. PM'd you.
5. I have just won the Challenge cup in my debut season as a captain. The feelings are incredible and i'm really proud of the team and my self. It was a big challenge for me from the begging of the season, so i'm really happy, that i was able to get the job done. It was really hard work all season long. But it's too bad, that so many players still won't know the feeling of winning. If i would have the chance and choose someone to win the cup together, then it would be Krišs Labsvārds. The defender from Calgary Dragons. He is an awesome guy, with who i spend summers together. Usually he works even more than me, just thinking about the next season. I can see that he wants to write his name on this cup and I'm sure that someday he will. It's only a matter of time. Just hope that we will be on the same team when he does it. I would really enjoy winning the cup with him together this season, but what you gonna do. This is life and this is hockey, there always will be losers, sadly, but sometimes they are your friends..

TASK 1

TASK 2
PM'ed

TASK 3
PM'ed

TASK 4
[Image: VZGPiNm.png] [Image: XLWbJ7a.png]

TASK 5

Task 1
Toronto:
Strengths:

Playoff Experience: The Toronto North Stars have been a playoff force for the last few seasons. They have seasoned veterans like the Sherbluck borthers, Phil Schenn and a consistent history of winning that is certainly on their side in this year’s Challenge Cup.
Scoring Ability: Up front, Toronto is incredibly strong. Schenn, Pajari, Yousuf, and Wong are incredibly talented offensively. When a team is this strong up front, it can be hard to slow them down in the offensive zone. This will be one of the greatest challenges that Toronto will give to the Los Angeles Panthers.
Goaltending: Toronto has the arguably better goalie in the series. Jaska has been strong all year and if a need came, Aalto can answer the call. Jaska has been one of the strongest goaltenders all year and is the strongest of the 4 goaltenders involved in this final series of the season.

Los Angeles Panthers:
Strengths:
Youth: Los Angeles has been known as one of the most youthful teams in the SHL in the past few season. They have grown a lot since S12, but some of their biggest stars are just peaking in their professional careers. Potoczny, Kylrad, Velevra and Donini are leading the way as they finally grow into veterans.
Strength Up Front: As dangerous as Toronto can be in the offensive zone, Los Angeles might be the more feared offensive team. With the likes of Kylrad, Potoczny, Morley, Smith and Donini, there is very little that can slow down this Los Angeles team when it comes to scoring. They simply put up points and should score upwards of 30 goals if this series goes past 5 games.
Top 4 Defense: Are you kidding me? This defensive core is set up to shut down the top 2 or 3 lines of any SHL team. Velevra leads the charge with a solid two-way game and is followed by young rookie Stryker, with some depth help in Chezno.

Task 2
PM'd

Task 3
PM'd

Task 4

Task 5
If there were any player in the league’s history that I would want to have on my team the year after a Challenge Cup history, it would be McBride. There is no arguing that McBride is the most decorated SHL goaltender of all time and I know that his presence both on the ice and the locker room would absolutely help my team repeat as Challenge Cup champions the next season. The only issue with McBride is that he cannot wear the captaincy patch. Therefore, I must go in another direction. With that said, the one player that I would pass my captaincy to following a Challenge Cup would be a current teammate of my. Jordan Nugent-Hall is the most deserving player to receive that C. As a teammate, JNH is a fantastic role model and works harder on the ice than anyone I know. Not only that, but I know how much he really wants to be a leader. He is always mentoring rookies as they make the transition from minor league play into their professional careers in the SHL. I would not be where I am in my SHL career today without him. He would be the first man I would hand off the captaincy to following a challenge cup victory. If I can’t have McBride, I’m taking JNH.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Task 1:
The Toronto North Stars:

Negative 1: They are cursed. They have been in the SHL since S1, which means they have had 17 tries at winning a cup. It took them long enough to win a playoff series, and they have yet to win a cup. It makes me question if they can get it done this season.

Positive 1: They have changed their leader. As much as Jeff Krever has been one of the greatest GMs in the SHL, he was with the team for all 16 unsuccessful seasons, and so much of the curse could be associated to him. If their new GM, Maxy, can find a way to win the cup this time around, he will not only break the curse, but he will forever have that curse associated with Jeff Krever.

Positive 2: They are probably the hungriest team out there. They have much more playoff experience and playoff let down than the group they are facing. They know what it’s like to lose as they have done so last season in the finals. The North Stars will want to avoid that feeling at all costs.

The Los Angeles Panthers:

Positive 1: Youth. This team is fresh and full of excitement from all their young players. Even their veterans, aren’t strong cup winners, and so you have got to expect everyone to be in full energy mode to try and win the cup.

Positive 2: They have been hot! They defeated the defending champions, Edmonton Blizzard and so it seems that they have all agreed they are now the team to beat!

Negative 1: They are not an experienced team, they have been an up and coming team for a few seasons now, and this is just the start of things to come. Can they defeat a much more experienced team in the finals?

Task 2 & 3 PMed

Task 4:

[Image: TOCHAMPS_zps995b5149.png]

[Image: loschamp_zpsa9f4bb07.png]

Task 5

Armin Brovalchuk wins the cup as the captain of his team, and he passes it straight off, to Pajaari! Even though Armin Brovalchuk has never won a cup, and has been trying to achieve it his entire career, he has selfless lee passed it on to Pajaari, long time Toronto North Star.

Jeff Krever in my eyes deserves to win a cup more than any other member in the league, 17 seasons in the SHL without a single cup, that’s even worse than me, with 15 seasons! I really wish this reality would have came true last season in Toronto, his last as GM and my last on the team, it would have been perfect, but Edmonton had other ideas.

However now Jeff Krever has a chance at winning the cup yet again, and I am cheering for my former GM, and my former to team to take it all, even though I’ll be watching from my living room in New England! May the best team win, and I honestly believe that team is Toronto. Best of luck to the Panthers as well, they have fought hard, and have many more years of excellence to come. Next year, will be the Wolfpack’s turn!

[ TASK #1 ]

North Stars:

Positive: Toronto's offence has been stellar contributor to the teams success. With the team's top line being one of, if not the hottest line in the league. The Stars pepper the opposing goaltender with a barrage of shots, and they managed to get past Star goaltender Edwin Ask, they should not have any problems getting by the lacklustre goaltending performance by Fuhrberg who is arguably the worst goaltender to be playing in a Cup Final

Positive: Experience is one thing that the Stars have over the Panthers. Toronto has constantly made it to the Conference Finals, or even The Finals, and always have come short, but the experience carries over as the team makes slight adjustments, but usually keeps the core team in place. The Panthers have not gotten this far in the play-offs in a long time and the pressure can get to the Panthers, the Stars just need to exploit it.

Negative: Let's be honest, the team can this close last season and lost to the Blizzard, and let's just say there are a few that think that it is likely going to happen again. There is no denying that the team has a tendency to have a lacklustre performance when it comes to play-off performance in the sense of winning a cup. The team must get over this obstacle if they are to succeed.

Panthers:

Positive: With Brandon Donnini at the helm leading the team with his physical mentality, there is no wonder that the team has a tendency to lay the body. With physicality a huge part of the game, and LA being a prime example of how Hitting helps, it's no wonder the team has physicality as a plus. Not to mention with the Stars not being the hardest hitters, especially compared to LA, they need to lay the hits, and lay them hard.

Positive: Depth is one thing that has helped LA make it this far. Wether it be secondary scoring or more help defending from the 3rd line, Depth will be one thing that help LA significantly.

Negative: Fuhrberg is a back-up who has been starting for the panthers for a couple seasons now. How can this lacklustre lead the team to it's second Challenge cup after being peppered with tons of shots from the Stars? Heaven only knows.

Code:
388 words

[ TASK #2 ]

PM sent

[ TASK #3 ]

PM sent

[ TASK #4 ]

[Image: moWf7iX.jpg]
[Image: CZrjAAg.jpg]

[ TASK #5 ]
If I had won the cup, and I could have passed it to any player to ever play in the SHL, I would have to say that I would pass it to Yousuf Scherbluk. Yousuf has been and will will be the most influential person for me on this site. He was the one who got me onto the SHL, convincing me that it would be a great time, and that it would be worth it. He taught me how stuff worked around here and I am truly grateful for that. Even though I was on his team for about ten minutes, enough to post a TTC, he always was there to help me out, on or off the team. He was the reason that Malyckyj was a half decent defence men, and even though he retired without much other than one Challenge cup ring, I still owe him that. His player is also no push over, and if we were on the same team he would be a key part of the offence, and the team winning the cup in general. He is a true leader and I would do anything to lift up a cup with my buddy.

Code:
200 words

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

MY POST IS HERE.

Task 1

Task 2 (PM)

Task 3 (PM)

Task 4

Task 5

It’s here! It’s finally here! After all this time, the Rage have finally won the Challenge Cup! I take my turn with it, making a little loop around the arena, hoisting it overhead, then pass it to…

There are so many good candidates. The current players will all get their turn of course, but I’d like to correct the great injustice that was the S7 Rage. Stacked team, lost in the playoffs and then broke up like a high school garage band. Two of the biggest parts of that team were Giovanni Mortellaro and Frankie Gooseneck. Both great forwards, both lent stability to the weakest part of the team… neither gets the cup. They’re the ones who left the Rage in FA, and were it not for them, who knows if the cup would have come in S8 or S9.

The strength of the S7 Rage was in its defense. Erik Chisling, Mike Ochocinco, Jardy Bunclewirth, Quilha Agante, Ryan Powell. These guys were the reason this team finished top in the regular season. It’s said that defense wins championships, but that’s a football saying, not a hockey saying, and this was proven in the S7 playoffs. Such a defensively stacked team and we couldn’t get it done. It will be none of these.

Two guys who’d certainly get a turn with even a more recent cup if they wanted to come onto the ice for a celebration would be Daniel Malenfant and Yuri Kulikov. Yuri Volkov, too, if he wanted a Yuri reunion with Kulikov. All three would get a turn. None would immediately follow me.

After the process of elimination, some might see where this is going. Gianni Ciddio was the Co of this team for several seasons under me, was a great and talented forward, and gets little to no recognition at this stage despite his career. If he’d won a cup, if he’d had that accomplishment to add to his resume, who knows what people would be saying about the guy now. After my celebratory lap, I hand the cup to Ciddio, and feel perfectly content with the decision.

Apparently I can't so ignore

2 & 3 PM'ed

#2 and #3 sent.

4. [Image: 2nt9ub.png]

[Image: 15wmjyw.png]

5. Captain of a Championship's team, eh? Well I guess for the purpose of this Point Task we're living in a fantasy world. So I will as well. There's only one guy I can choose - my friend (also known as sister) Mikhail Kladno. The Minnesota Chiefs center man and raising star works hard every night and helped inspire me to become active. Mikhail "Christ" had unsuccessfully team success since joining the league in Season 14, almost four years ago.

Season Fourteen: First round exit against the St. Louis Scarecrows [SMJHL]
Season Fifteen: First round exit against the Detroit Falcons [SMJHL]
Season Sixteen: Did not qualify [SHL]
Season Seventeen: Did not qualify [SHL]

But you hear no complaints. He works hard on point tasks and had and still does inspire many members with his impeccable work ethic.

I would hoist the cup, just for a moment or two, before graciously passing it on to Mikhail Kladno, and at some point, the rest of the warriors that are called hockey players.

Toronto North Stars
1)Toronto! A great place for hockey. We all know, that Canada is a hockey country so who else should win the trophy? Of course that is them! This city has showed the they have great fans and I think that the crowd will lift Toronto trough the finals. At least at home.
2)Cold weather? For me, a human from Baltic Countries, Canada seems to be a cold place. Maybe, the cold weather can reduce player concentration because all what they can think about is how to stay warm. Well, of course when you start playing the game you heat up. I think that North Star players are used to cold so this is another bonus for them. LA seems to be a hot place, not only with all the celebrities that live there. The cold weather should just be a bonus for Toronto players.
3)They don’t have a challenge trophy to their name. That should play a big minus for this team, because if you want to win, you have to have a winners attitude. Everything in the head and if your team players are used to winning and not only game by game, but also the most important games like semi-finals or finals, than you have a big chance of winning again. But if not, well, then you have to be strong. In the head.

Los Angeles Panthers
1)A challenge trophy on their name. This is a bonus for Los Angeles, because of the winners attitude. I told everything in the previous point, so I don’t want to duplicate what I said before.
2)They have one cup, but haven’t played in the playoffs 5 out of 9 times (looked at the „team history” page in their team page). Well, that is not good at all. They did get this far this year, but they can trip or something.
3)To many celebrities in hockey matches? Well, that can happen in Los Angeles. Maybe the players can’t concentrate if there’s Pamel Anderson or Jennifer Lawrence in the stands. I don’t know. Actually this is more like a bonus not like a minus, because LA players should be used to all of the celebrities out there, but on the other hand Toronto players could drewl if they see a sexy female celebrity. Or male? Don’t know, we will see that in the finals.

2.Sent
3.Sent

[Image: 4rbxzs2csppj4netfwvk.png]
[Image: w6fymmjdgya862kz1hue.png]

5.Wow, the Challenge Trophy. What an honor. What a series. As a captain of the team you feel ten times more proud then when you are just a player. You feel like you helped them more than you could even help. They voted you as a captain and looked up to you and wanted to play every game as hard as they can possibly play. You brought your team to the title with your great skills and just with your great voice skills which helped to encourage your teammates, your friends. A great feeling.

Who would be the player I would give the captaincy to? I think that Arthur Grosberg or Lauris Prikulis, because I think that they are those kind of guys that can give a great speech and pump up the team before the game. I have known them for a while and I think that they would be great captains. No matter which one of them. Anyway, your team will be destend to do great things.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode