Create Account

MLB Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Jan 19 2012, 11:53 AM
I see the Rangers finally signed Darvish. 6 years, 60 mil.

OK, I'm fine with this, but not if it interferes with them resigning HAM-bone.

Also, looking at the available Free Agents.....There are still some serviceable bats out there. Nothing spectacular, but serviceable.

Oh, and Lincecum offered 17M when he asked for 21M.

Well it has been floating around that if Fielder signs with the Rangers, they will be saying good bye to Hamilton...

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jan 19 2012, 11:57 AM

Well it has been floating around that if Fielder signs with the Rangers, they will be saying good bye to Hamilton...

I know and that's what I was referring too. Signing Yu and Prince equals not bringing Hamilton back.....don't agree with it at all. They already have a decent 1B, and as positive influence and as productive he has been for them, I think it would be foolish.

Now if they just say screw it and sign Prince and find a way to resign Hamilton, then I'd be totally for it. But that just doesn't seem to be the case, which is unfortunate.

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Jan 19 2012, 12:08 PM

I know and that's what I was referring too. Signing Yu and Prince equals not bringing Hamilton back.....don't agree with it at all. They already have a decent 1B, and as positive influence and as productive he has been for them, I think it would be foolish.

Now if they just say screw it and sign Prince and find a way to resign Hamilton, then I'd be totally for it. But that just doesn't seem to be the case, which is unfortunate.

It will be very difficult for them to be able to make the cap to have Prince and Hamilton locked up, honestly i still think that Prince might end up somewhere else, the Mariners seemed to be really interested in him, and so are the Nats.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jan 19 2012, 12:10 PM

It will be very difficult for them to be able to make the cap to have Prince and Hamilton locked up, honestly i still think that Prince might end up somewhere else, the Mariners seemed to be really interested in him, and so are the Nats.

I heard Prince WILL NOT go to Seattle. He doesn't feel Safeco would be a beneficial place for his bat.

I think it would be AWESOME to see him sign with the Nats. I know that's the last place you want him to go, but I think it would be great for baseball.

Man, outside of the Mets, the NL East is shaping up to be VERY competitive. Even more so if Prince signs with the Nats.

BIG WADDUP GOES TO FAUSTO....ERR...ROBERTO HERNANDEZ HEREDIA.

Also, very sad to see that Gary Carter is near death. :(

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 19 2012, 03:57 PM
BIG WADDUP GOES TO FAUSTO....ERR...ROBERTO HERNANDEZ HEREDIA.

Who, and i can't believe about Gary Carter.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@Jan 19 2012, 04:38 PM

Who, and i can't believe about Gary Carter.

Fausto Carmona, pitcher for the Indians, was found to be using a fake ID. His real name is Roberto Hernandez Heredia.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 19 2012, 04:43 PM

Fausto Carmona, pitcher for the Indians, was found to be using a fake ID. His real name is Roberto Hernandez Heredia.

Oh LOL, same shit with Leo Nuñez of the Marlins his real name is Juan Carlos Oviedo.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 19 2012, 04:43 PM

:lol: That's funny. He's probably like 45 years old too.....

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Jan 19 2012, 04:45 PM

:lol:  That's funny. He's probably like 45 years old too.....

He claimed to be 28. He's actually 31, however.

Fielder to the Tigers.......9 years 214 Million......Tigers regret that in 5 years

Shocked, but GREAT move by Detroit. Cabrera and Fielder in the middle of that lineup with Verlander leading off their rotation...they're going to be DIRRRRRTY.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Jan 24 2012, 03:16 PM
Fielder to the Tigers.......9 years 214 Million......Tigers regret that in 5 years

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! No Prince in the NL East, sweet.

Blink

I am in utter disbelief.....

As a Tigers fan, I DID NOT see this coming. I joke about with a few friends when V-Mart went down for the year that it would be funny to see the Tigers make a run at Prince. I didn't think it would actually happen.

WOW.