Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Penalty

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Mar 14 2018, 07:06 PM

snitches get stiches

Chicks dig stitches. All in.

[Image: Wally.png]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn+Mar 14 2018, 08:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (prettyburn @ Mar 14 2018, 08:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Lol.[/b]

I mean how many different ways can me and others say "Buffalo was similar" and "you had all season?" It's clearly not changing y'alls opinion. Not like this is some major punishment.

<!--QuoteBegin-dnL@Mar 14 2018, 09:02 PM

How can you disagree with this? The schedule was changed on short notice, wasn't it?

Would it be fair for you if your rent/mortgage/credit card/internet/phone payments were moved earlier in the month, from your scheduled date? Tough noogies! You could have paid earlier, right?

There has to be a standard for schedule changes in place. I can't be the only one on this site who goes to sleep, wakes up, and goes to work without having time to access the website for a combined 16-18 hours a day.
[/quote]

They had 44 games prior to that to start their starter. It's a precedent enforced from previous rulings.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Mar 14 2018, 05:22 PM

Because, ummm, we didn't and there is nothing requiring us to?

Why not make a decision on this before a couple hours prior to FA opening if it was so clear cut and the situation happened a month ago? Guess waiting till the last minute is only an issue when it's convenient.

This type of conjecture from the very people who made this decision is extremely off-putting.

Imo if you wait till the last game of the season to start your backup, you're pretty much asking to be dinged. That's all I'll say about that as you cannot be reasoned with.

I think what's more extremely off-putting is your tenure as GM

Quote:Originally posted by CampinKiller@Mar 14 2018, 08:20 PM

I mean how many different ways can me and others say "Buffalo was similar" and "[b]you had all season
?" It's clearly not changing y'alls opinion. Not like this is some major punishment.

They had 44 games prior to that to start their starter. It's a precedent enforced from previous rulings.[/b]

"Having all season" doesn't include all 50 games, then?

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dnL@Mar 14 2018, 09:25 PM

"Having all season" doesn't include all 50 games, then?

Not when the first start is in Game 46, no

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I expected a larger shit-storm. :(

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by CampinKiller@Mar 14 2018, 08:26 PM

Not when the first start is in Game 46, no

??? The backup started earlier in the season. Regardless...

This needs to be changed and we need to move on:

“B. Management Requirements
1. You are required to start your backup goalie 6 games per regular season.”

I don't understand the issue here. One team broke the rules. They're being punished (very minimally). Why is Minny complaining so much?

We didn't start our backup at game 46 calm down.

There's a certain strat to play the back up towards the end of the season, i don't feel like explaining it but its obvious if you're an experienced GM running a winning team. Thanks for the advice but youre missing the point. Rolleyes

We shouldn't have to play our back up at the beginning of the season because its more convenient for the simmer to sim games too early all of a sudden, without the consent of the GMs who are still playing their backups. When games have been simmed at a set time all season long, its just wrong to go ahead and sim early without feedback from all GMs, especially incase even one hasn't inserted their back up yet.

Its not about right or wrong, but you gotta have more perspective

<a href='index.php?showuser=2699' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>Evok</a> you better read this o:-)

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by iamslm22@Mar 14 2018, 10:30 PM
I don't understand the issue here. One team broke the rules. They're being punished (very minimally). Why is Minny complaining so much?
Because we were not given a chance to follow the rules. We had a clear plan for which games we were going to start our backup, and then were not given a chance to make sim changes in order to do so. This was not a case of forgetting or of trying to circumvent the rules - the schedule was changed with no notice for GMs at all.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Lol complaining about how you didn't see the post in the index when you were 100% online between the two sims because you were able to write a wall of text in the thunderdome moaning about another decision, incredible

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Mar 14 2018, 09:33 PM

Because we were not given a chance to follow the rules. We had a clear plan for which games we were going to start our backup, and then were not given a chance to make sim changes in order to do so. This was not a case of forgetting or of trying to circumvent the rules - the schedule was changed with no notice for GMs at all.

I guess I don't know the exact details - seems like it should be easy enough to say going in to the season in your line card or whatever to just say start backup goalie in games 2 15 19 22. But a schedule change is unfortunate.

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Mar 14 2018, 08:35 PM
Lol complaining about how you didn't see the post in the index when you were 100% online between the two sims because you were able to write a wall of text in the thunderdome moaning about another decision, incredible

Lol poof... the magician of distraction... damn it Minny you weren’t suppose to follow my lead.

Quote:Originally posted by iamslm22@Mar 14 2018, 10:39 PM
I guess I don't know the exact details - seems like it should be easy enough to say going in to the season in your line card or whatever to just say start backup goalie in games 2 15 19 22. But a schedule change is unfortunate.
One game was simmed just before 11pm (et), the next would have normally been simmed the same time a day later but instead was at just after 8am - no GM expects to make line changes in the time period when most people were asleep. And they weren't even given a heads up in the GM office anywhere, only the general index, which some GMs may look at for info but I can speak from experience and say a lot don't.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@Mar 14 2018, 09:33 PM
We didn't start our backup at game 46 calm down.

There's a certain strat to play the back up towards the end of the season, i don't feel like explaining it but its obvious if you're an experienced GM running a winning team. Thanks for the advice but youre missing the point.&nbsp; Rolleyes

We shouldn't have to play our back up at the beginning of the season because its more convenient for the simmer to sim games too early all of a sudden,&nbsp; without the consent of the GMs who are still playing their backups. When games have been simmed at a set time all season long, its just wrong to go ahead and sim early without feedback from all GMs, especially incase even one hasn't inserted their back up yet.

Its not about right or wrong, but you gotta have more perspective

<a href='index.php?showuser=2699' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>Evok</a> you better read this&nbsp; o:-)

No

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]