Create Account

Cap Recapture

09-23-2019, 10:14 PM39alaska39 Wrote: “Inactive players can be released from their contract with no penalty to the releasing team.”

So I think this is an interesting point. While I think this is in place so that you can sign people to fill roster spots, it does open the door for there to be no risk in situations where ridiculously long contracts are signed. There’s is a lot of this site that needs to be for fun, but this looks like a gap in that system where GMs don’t be have any incentive not to sign these deals really. Don’t think that any of the long recent contracts, be it Flareon, Infidel, Vin or Flow, were examples of GMs taking advantage of players though

There should be a difference between signing someone when they are active before they go inactive and when someone signs someone inactive. Contracts are called contracts for a reason, there should be risk in signing a long term contract. I agree I don't think the recent contracts were examples of GMs taking advantage of players, but still.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

09-23-2019, 10:34 PMGrapehead Wrote: For what it's worth, I'd support a limit on the number of seasons for contracts if there was a push for it. I don't see a need for one with our contract minimum tiers, but I wouldn't fight against a limit. Currently there's no limit though, and I didn't see this as violating the spirit of any rule, so we had some fun with two players who have been with us their whole careers so far and who planned to stay with us their whole careers.

Yeah this wasn't supposed to be taken as a jab at you guys, I don't doubt either of those players wanting to spend their careers in SFP or being there as long as they can be. I just think, in the spirit of the league, there should be a limit on contract length. I apologize if this post was taken as me taking a jab at you guys, wasn't supposed to be that way.

Aleksi Kettu

09-24-2019, 11:48 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
09-23-2019, 10:14 PM39alaska39 Wrote: “Inactive players can be released from their contract with no penalty to the releasing team.”

So I think this is an interesting point. While I think this is in place so that you can sign people to fill roster spots, it does open the door for there to be no risk in situations where ridiculously long contracts are signed. There’s is a lot of this site that needs to be for fun, but this looks like a gap in that system where GMs don’t be have any incentive not to sign these deals really. Don’t think that any of the long recent contracts, be it Flareon, Infidel, Vin or Flow, were examples of GMs taking advantage of players though

There should be a difference between signing someone when they are active before they go inactive and when someone signs someone inactive. Contracts are called contracts for a reason, there should be risk in signing a long term contract. I agree I don't think the recent contracts were examples of GMs taking advantage of players, but still.

Oh I agree! We’re on the same page here

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

09-24-2019, 11:54 AM39alaska39 Wrote:
09-24-2019, 11:48 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: There should be a difference between signing someone when they are active before they go inactive and when someone signs someone inactive. Contracts are called contracts for a reason, there should be risk in signing a long term contract. I agree I don't think the recent contracts were examples of GMs taking advantage of players, but still.

Oh I agree! We’re on the same page here

100%. I was just trying to build on/reiterate what you pointed out

Aleksi Kettu

09-24-2019, 11:50 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
09-23-2019, 10:34 PMGrapehead Wrote: For what it's worth, I'd support a limit on the number of seasons for contracts if there was a push for it. I don't see a need for one with our contract minimum tiers, but I wouldn't fight against a limit. Currently there's no limit though, and I didn't see this as violating the spirit of any rule, so we had some fun with two players who have been with us their whole careers so far and who planned to stay with us their whole careers.

Yeah this wasn't supposed to be taken as a jab at you guys, I don't doubt either of those players wanting to spend their careers in SFP or being there as long as they can be. I just think, in the spirit of the league, there should be a limit on contract length. I apologize if this post was taken as me taking a jab at you guys, wasn't supposed to be that way.

Nope, didn't take it as a jab. It's a meaningful discussion to have.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

quit being nice and start jabbin

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Are memes allowed again?

BUMP

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-24-2019, 11:48 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:

There is - Shmurph kind of alluded to it in his response earlier in the thread, but didn't say it outright. Activity under the rules is determined by when you sign the contract, not when you're cut.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

09-24-2019, 09:28 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I do think that this kind of contract does break the immersion in a sense.

HOWEVER

I do not think that people really pay enough attention to contracts to where this is going to be a huge deal. After this season nobody is going to remember the deal and it will be completely forgotten. I get how it seems right now, but we have always had fluctuations of contracts. I took a pretty long-term deal back before we had contract tiers and even I forgot how long it was within a couple seasons.

wish I read this before I got my BROGEN-REAPER69-420 tattoo.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I see this as pointless and honestly our time is probably best spent on recruitment.

09-24-2019, 01:34 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: I see this as pointless and honestly our time is probably best spent on recruitment.

many things can be discussed parallel

09-24-2019, 01:40 PM.bojo Wrote:
09-24-2019, 01:34 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: I see this as pointless and honestly our time is probably best spent on recruitment.

Not when you have 1 brain cell

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

09-24-2019, 01:59 PMSlashACM Wrote:
09-24-2019, 01:40 PM.bojo Wrote: many things can be discussed parallel

Not when you have 1 brain cell

i'm at least quad-core'in with 4 cells here

09-24-2019, 01:40 PM.bojo Wrote:

True but this discussion is silly. Pride getting no advantage in these contracts at all. And every teams signs some players to long term 4mil contracts. The league has to stop making pointless rules and actually put their efforts into growing the league.

Yeah the league is too small