Create Account

S49 SHL Awards Show

09-26-2019, 04:43 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
09-26-2019, 04:21 PMgordieboom Wrote: Well it did happen in the juniors when Gordie won the four star cup and got snubbed for MVP by someone from the losing team.

If you’re talking about 46 and Leblanc, yeah sorry not sorry, your 14 points in 19 games isn’t going to win you playoff MVP
This kills the Gordieboom

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-26-2019, 08:14 PMesilverm Wrote:
09-26-2019, 08:10 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: S39 SMJHL Awards will haunt @esilverm and I forever. We lost out on playoff MVP to, I believe, Wongy, who was on the losing team, because the committee couldn’t decided Silver and I so the votes got split and wongy ends up winning because silver and I split.

Don’t remind me. We should’ve shared the award smh

I just realized its been 10 seasons since that sadness.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 01:44 AM by gordieboom.)

09-26-2019, 08:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-26-2019, 04:43 PM39alaska39 Wrote: If you’re talking about 46 and Leblanc, yeah sorry not sorry, your 14 points in 19 games isn’t going to win you playoff MVP
This kills the Gordieboom

Maybe. I was just pointing out that you don’t have to be on the winning team to win the trophy as @artermis was pointing out.

Whatever. Apparently almost matching your regular season stats during 15 playoff matches doesn’t get you a nominee. Did you also noticed he only played 17 minutes per game and most of his points did not came from the PP. Also he was plus 10 (compared to minus 2) and had a crazy shooting percentage. He did have 6 points more than any other NEW player, while he was 10th on that list during regular season. He absolutely killed it.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

09-26-2019, 08:20 PMhockeyfan Wrote: I am curious how defensive defenseman and most improved player are decided. Is it all stat based or are other factors taken into account?

Mostly stat based. What other factors are there that you think could be taken into account?

09-27-2019, 01:43 AMgordieboom Wrote:
09-26-2019, 08:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: This kills the Gordieboom

Maybe. I was just pointing out that you don’t have to be on the winning team to win the trophy as @artermis was pointing out.

Whatever. Apparently almost matching your regular season stats during 15 playoff matches doesn’t get you a nominee. Did you also noticed he only played 17 minutes per game and most of his points did not came from the PP. Also he was plus 10 (compared to minus 2) and had a crazy shooting percentage. He did have 6 points more than any other NEW player, while he was 10th on that list during regular season. He absolutely killed it.

not sure how individual improvement from regular to post-season justifies MVP.
By that logic Rockefeller looks even more convincing since he almost matched his regular season totals in the playoffs too (30, 25).
I'm just one committee member, but I'll admit winning the cup, while not required, helps your argument for MVP significantly. It's the reason we have playoffs.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 11:13 AM by gordieboom.)

It doesn’t help, it’s a requirement obviously.

Or you need to have a teammate on the committee.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

09-27-2019, 01:43 AMgordieboom Wrote:
09-26-2019, 08:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: This kills the Gordieboom

I mean, I didn't say this, but it's definitely something I'd say.

I feel like too many people treat MVP awards as being the best player, despite that not being it's purpose.

I said this in the ANC discord, but I feel like we need a Lindsay equivalent in the SHL (perhaps re-word the Khan's description) so as to take that pressure off the MVP discussion.

In my eyes, most valuable does not necessarily mean the best player.

Taking Blast's and Silver's scenario as an example, if the voting is down to two players on one team and one player on the other team, and the duo are split voting-wise, I think it's pretty clear that the third player is most valuable.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

09-27-2019, 12:14 PMartermis Wrote:
09-27-2019, 01:43 AMgordieboom Wrote: Maybe. I was just pointing out that you don’t have to be on the winning team to win the trophy as @artermis was pointing out.

I mean, I didn't say this, but it's definitely something I'd say.

I feel like too many people treat MVP awards as being the best player, despite that not being it's purpose.

I said this in the ANC discord, but I feel like we need a Lindsay equivalent in the SHL (perhaps re-word the Khan's description) so as to take that pressure off the MVP discussion.

In my eyes, most valuable does not necessarily mean the best player.

Taking Blast's and Silver's scenario as an example, if the voting is down to two players on one team and one player on the other team, and the duo are split voting-wise, I think it's pretty clear that the third player is most valuable.

that's where just some clarification is needed then. Value to me means overall value in the league, which is mostly measure in stats.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Someone mentioned this as well in Czech discord that the 3 Littleton Nominations are all 3 Czech. So go us. Happy that Blast is finally getting the recognition he should have gotten the nom in last couple seasons.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

09-27-2019, 11:11 AMgordieboom Wrote: It doesn’t help, it’s a requirement obviously.

lmao just sit down with this shit. Come back with actual proof if you're going to throw accusations like this around.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Hi all, something came up this evening so the awards show will unfortunately be delayed. It may still happen tonight - if not it will 100% happen before the end of the weekend. Apologies for this.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

09-27-2019, 12:18 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
09-27-2019, 11:11 AMgordieboom Wrote: It doesn’t help, it’s a requirement obviously.

lmao just sit down with this shit. Come back with actual proof if you're going to throw accusations like this around.

Big agree here. I’m at the kid table for awards (SMJHL), but to accuse of favoritism or bribery is ridiculous

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

09-27-2019, 12:18 PMxBaelor Swift Wrote:

I don’t need to proof anything. For me it’s perfect clear.

09-27-2019, 12:48 PMgordieboom Wrote:
09-27-2019, 12:18 PMxBaelor Swift Wrote: lmao just sit down with this shit. Come back with actual proof if you're going to throw accusations like this around.

The only thing that's clear here is that you want everyone to know that you're upset you weren't nominated and don't care if you look like an ass while doing it

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

09-27-2019, 12:48 PMgordieboom Wrote:
09-27-2019, 12:18 PMxBaelor Swift Wrote: lmao just sit down with this shit. Come back with actual proof if you're going to throw accusations like this around.

You can’t just plug your ears because you don’t like what you’re hearing lmao

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]