Create Account

Bullying.

06-16-2021, 10:40 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: Everyone is so mentally health conscious on this site. Pushing Bell Let's Talk every single year. Going as far as to make it a task that earns people TPE. But then they are just as ready to witch hunt and pounce on whoever the SHL zeitgeist has determined to be the capital offender of the month.

Hypocrites.

I understand some people have continually made boneheaded decisions. But that's still zero reason to follow someone into their DMs and bully them until they are upset, in-tears, or ready to quit. On both sides of these situations a lot of us forget there is a flesh and blood person on the other side of these words.

This right here.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Me, a newbie, watching you guys pull back the curtain.

[Image: dfd.jpg?width=596&height=572]

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

06-17-2021, 08:01 AMBy-Tor Wrote: Me, a newbie, watching you guys pull back the curtain.

[Image: dfd.jpg?width=596&height=572]
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I’m just watching this from a nearby mountain.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Mike Izzy is a good, kind and caring person. He also has a sense of humor that can edge into the darkly funny. People are multi-faceted.

Maybe the kids around here that want to pass judgement on anything they’re not instantly comfortable with or that creates any discomfort for them can learn to accept that the world is large. It has room for all types of people with all types of personalities, faults, foibles and virtues. Different strokes for different folks.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

06-17-2021, 01:38 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Go fuck yourself izzy.

look if you cant laugh at kids with throat cancer, you cant laugh at anything. Lighten up.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-17-2021, 08:38 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: Different strokes for different folks.

This is clearly a pro-animal jerking post, therefore I am offended and you are hereby cancelled. Please take a seat next to Mr Izzy, someone will be along to let you know when you’re allowed back into civilisation….

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Moving this thread our of shl media and to general discussion. This is not media.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

06-17-2021, 08:52 AMZoone16 Wrote: Moving this thread our of shl media and to general discussion. This is not media.

so now we're not even getting paid for this

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-17-2021, 01:38 AMMutedfaith Wrote: Go fuck yourself izzy.

Mutedfaith, the way you act makes me believe you've never had a single instance of fun in your life nor deviated from the missionary position. Lighten the fuck up.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

lmao media team bullying izzy further by moving this thread to general discussion

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

06-17-2021, 04:39 AMExilate Wrote: I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

06-17-2021, 08:38 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: Mike Izzy is a good, kind and caring person. He also has a sense of humor that can edge into the darkly funny. People are multi-faceted.

Maybe the kids around here that want to pass judgement on anything they’re not instantly comfortable with or that creates any discomfort for them can learn to accept that the world is large. It has room for all types of people with all types of personalities, faults, foibles and virtues. Different strokes for different folks.

I agree with much of what you say, but still think it needs expanding on.

You should be allowed to make jokes about everything. Just not in every place or at any time. I won't comment on whether that particular piece of his was beyond what should be acceptable in this forum. But hiding behind "I've always had a good sense of humour" or "I didn't mean it that way, I meant no harm" or "it's just a joke relax" is a very very bad habit. The onus is not completely on everyone else to be acceptable of one persons behaviour, it has to go both ways. The world is large and filled with different people, so not everyone is going to appreciate a joke.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

06-17-2021, 08:38 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: Mike Izzy is a good, kind and caring person. He also has a sense of humor that can edge into the darkly funny. People are multi-faceted.

Cancel culture came for Dr. Seuss and Mr.Potato Head. Now cancel culture is coming for Mike Izzy. Cancel culture has gone too far this time

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

My take that I’m sure none of you care about is this:

Izzy is a genuine, kindhearted dude who just wants to have fun and is extremely invested and making the SHL a fun place for himself and everyone else. He’s not perfect, none of us are. Some of his jokes are tone-deaf, but all of us have said things we didn’t realize would hurt others. I genuinely don’t think Izzy has done anything malicious.

Then again, Izzy needs to do a better job at owning up to his mistakes and making a more conscious effort to not make these mistakes out of ignorance. Doubling down or deflecting blame doesn’t get Izzy or any of us anywhere.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM