Create Account

S63 PT #4: Into the SHLverse

Oh wow, Malik is good-looking in all universes! One noticeable difference though, he's seemingly more upbeat for some reason. No idea why. Gotta get to the bottom of this though, so let's follow him into his universe. As the Malik we know steps through into this alternate universe with his fellow counterpart, he immediately feels more free, more happy, elated even. What is this feeling? In this universe, is Malik more powerful perhaps? Is he a bigger superstar? Is he a dictator, free to do as he pleases? No...doesn't seem like it. Anyways, let's just follow along with this other Malik's daily routine till we figure it out. Nice house, but not much different. Still plays for NOLA, so that's well and great. Let's get up for practice. Same building...same locker room....same spot...wait. No. It can't be. How?!?!?!? You're telling me Valterri Kauppinen isn't on this Malik's line? He's not on the team? What team does he play for? You've never heard of him? Oh my god. He doesn't exist in this universe? I'm moving here. No no, I'm not coming back. Consider this the end of this discussion.

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Quote:PROMPT 1- While experimenting with dark magic one fateful night trying to summon a big tiddy goth gf, a portal opens. Instead of Sam from Danny Phantom, another (less goth) person steps through...

Written Task: You've opened a portal to an alternate universe! Your player from that universe steps through (they were also fucking around with dark magic). What are the differences between the real you and the not real you? One subtle difference? Many big differences? Do you convince them to join you in this universe and play hockey/take over the world? Or do you step into their universe to check it out? (150+ words)

I imagine this version is just me except with black eyeshadow on. Everything in their universe is monochromatic like that movie from 20 years ago (Pleasantville or something?)... and I risk becoming monochromatic by entering the universe myself.

The first thing I notice about hockey in this strange place is that it's really hard to tell some of the jerseys apart since they're all pretty much different versions of white, grey, and black. In tune with the low array of colors, the stats players use here are all nearly binary: 0, 1, 2 (black, grey, white). So a player with 1 in passing is average, 0 is abysmal, 2 is league-best.

This allows me to take over the league with my 5+ stats in literally every category. Statues and monuments are made in my image and I become a mega version of Wayne Gretzky, setting an unnatainable record in every single possible statistical category.

After some time, it becomes bored to dominate to that degree and I return back to my colorful world to be a small fish in a big pond.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Okay prompt 1 sucks so the 2nd 1 for sure.

I mean I could easily use the Vancouver Wheelers not trading me away as a captain without telling me as it would have changed a lot for my minors expereince to just stay loyal to an unloyal team but that would not have changed anything in majors.

I guess 1 change would be that I do not leave the Minnesota Chiefs when I knew they were going to be god awful for a long time and every idiot in this sim league said they were on the right course. 2 full real life years later they have not moved from the situation they have always been in. Adding more playoff teams does not count as moving on up in the world either. So I am glad I did not listen to the rest of the league there. I guess I wish I checked free agency or stayed down an extra season or 2 in minors? It is nothing major. I loved my team on the Blizzard and would not change anything I could change nor change my time on the Platoon. Maybe I wish the Swiss picked me up when they had the chance and not an inactive? But I like most of GB players past a couple of shitty people. I guess that will do.

[226 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

For #2,

Looking back at Luukas Lilja's earliest days of him barely standing up on skates, while learning to skate properly as a 4 year old kid he was not the wisest one, but he sure got the spirit on him. What if Lilja never had that spirit to begin with, and decided to just give up on skating entirely, but still pursue his dreams of playing hockey for the passion of the sport? Given the fact that he loves hockey more than anything in the world, Lilja would probably move on to be a goaltender.

So what if Lilja was actually a goaltender? He would not have given any proper time in his team in Carolina, given the fact that the starting goaltenders there were Blunt Man and Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay at the time, he probably would have been third string goalie with next to nothing to give. With no playing time given ahead of those 2 goaltenders, who both ended up starting for the Kraken, Lilja would probably move out of the SHL circuit and pursue his truest dream of playing in the NHL.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Prompt 2

A major turning point in Cillian Kavanagh's career was in the offseason after S56 when he was signed by the Texas Renegades. After being drafted by the San Francisco Pride, Cillian was sure this is where he was meant to be and wanted to remain a member of the Pride until retirement. After 2 short seasons, the Pride was undergoing a management change and a rebuild. Cillian soon began thinking his career opportunities and thought a switch would be best for the franchise and for himself. Kavanagh filtered offers from teams around league before eventually deciding to become a Renegade. Had Cillian stayed with San Francisco who knows what could have happened?! Since joining Texas Cillian has won 2 Challenge Cups, 2 Anton Razov awards and 2 Mike Honcho awards for best goaltender. I do think Cillian would have also had a great career in San Francisco - but that is something we'll never know for sure.

Word Count: 156

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Prompt 2: The point of divergence. The exact second in time that changed the course of Duncan Mackenzie forever. Pick 18 of the SHL season 61 draft. Calgary on the clock. It was at that moment that the group of people who would help shape Duncan Mackenzie's career path stepped up and made one of the best selections of the draft. Maybe the point is actually a bit further back. About a week before, I was clicking around on the SHL site and accidently stumbled upon the Dragon's interested prospects thread. I wrote out my spiel and sold myself to the franchise. From there some folks reached out and the rest is history.

Either way, it was huge that I was available at 18th overall. I am so grateful to be a Dragon and be a part of the group of people that are there. I have had a blast getting to know the club legends and learnt the wonderful history and culture of the Dragon's franchise.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Prompt 2:

There are probably 2 times where things could have gone very differently for Urquhart. The first would be when I came into the league. I created and had a coupon of messages from GMs looking to recruit me. I thought I had replied, but when I looked a few days later, I in fact had not sent anything, god knows what i pressed! I did send out belated replies, but only one of the teams had an opening, the St Louis Scarecrows. Now, I couldn’t be happier with ending up there, and given the choice again, I would definitely still have made that my destination. But I wouldn’t have had that few days gap, where I missed out on 6 games and some TPE. Speaking of TPE, I ended up IA for a while between season 2 and 3. I had stuff going on irl and I just couldn’t commit the time to SHL. As a result, I am only just passing 1100 TPE this coming update, despite being nearly at the end of my 3rd SHL season. I somewhat regret not making the effort to get on and to ACs and knock out a PT, just to keep up with the rest of my class. I dunno if I’d go as far as ‘busy’ to describe myself, but it sucks for a team to draft you higher than you ever thought or were projected and you then not living up to what they hoped you’d be!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Prompt 2

This is pretty obvious one, for a first gen it has to be the junior draft. When I entered the draft, I had only joined the league a couple days ago and it was my first ever sim league. So the team I end up and the people I end up interacting with first is a key moment, as it defines whether I'm going to stay in the league. It was a big draft for Timber, and I was drafted there alongside guys like Bjerg/AgentSmith and Oscarsson/Zema. The locker room was very active and helpful for beginners like me, who felt the whole forum thing was very confusing and complex. So it definitely made things get on the right track right away. It is impossible to know how it would have been if I had been drafted elsewhere, but I think there is a big chance that I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did in Maine. And if that had happened, I could've just gone inactive very quickly.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Prompt #2:

I think the biggest potential turning point for me and my player in the league was being drafted 4oa to Anaheim. I had great conversations with Talls before the draft, so I knew he had me tabbed to come in and be a leader from day one for an extremely young and rebuilding team. This allowed me to play to my strengths; it also allowed me to better enjoy the league and fall more deeply in love with it. I had a ton of fun in Anaheim, met some quality users, and learned a lot about the league and how it works through my war room experience there. That is what led me to feeling confident enough to apply for the Detroit GM position, which has been nothing but a blessing. I am enjoying the league even more as a GM and player, and I love making roster moves, motivating users, and working with others to keep our team building!

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

ISFL affiliate claim - https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid562266

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

I think the biggest thing that could’ve changed my career would’ve been both drafts. In the J draft I was a complete unknown and ended up going in the bottom of the 4th to Newfoundland. It really was the best spot for me to end up as I ended up as captain for two seasons and became a productive member of the SHL. I thought I was going to go to Colorado and who knows, maybe theyd have won a cup if they listened to JURT. The SHL draft I was a first rounder, but wasn’t sure where in the first I was going to go. I had talked to a lot of teams in the late 1st and early second and figured I was going to go to Chicago at 18. But Edmonton snatched me up at 16 and I’ve really enjoyed my time with the Blizzard to the point where I became co GM. Overall im very glad the drafts went the way they did cause I may have gone IA if I went somewhere else.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Code:
PROMPT 2- Or maybe you decided that meeting yourself would create a paradox that destroys reality as you know it..

Written Task:  There are still ways to change where you are now. Describe one point in time in your player's career and ponder how it would have gone differently if one key thing was changed. Examples include the draft, FA, being traded, creating in earlier/later seasons, etc. (150+ words).

Although I have yet to make my SHL debut, the easiest thing that could have changed was where I went in the draft. There was a strong chance I was going to go to Calgary at fifth or sixth overall. Either instead of or with my then teammate Darwin Koff (Calgary had back to back picks). Darwin went there, I fell to Seattle at eleven. Think it is safe to say at this point we know how all that played out, with him no longer a part of the league and me set to make my debut next season with a VERY reinvigorated Argonaut team who is taking the league by storm this season.

All in all, I am extremely happy how it all played out regardless. Not just from the negativity floating around Calgary right now, but with the extreme climb in Seattle, and hoping to fit in next season and help them continue their incredible success that they have found this season.

164 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I step into an alternate universe in which I did not go inactive for a month. A lot of things change, but most of them can't be made public right now, which makes this PT difficult. However, Nystrom is a significantly better player that doesn't have 81 TPE rotting away on his update sheet. As such, Edmonton is probably performing slightly better than they actually are, one or perhaps two spots higher in the standings. As this is such a recent point of divergence, there is unlikely to be a significant gap between this fiction and the reality. This may not have been the most interesting way to approach this PT, but it's what's on my mind related to the SHL. I'll also say Nystrom has scored several more goals personally and remained one of the better scorers in his class, which he arguably was prior to my going inactive. A lot can change in a month, eh?

[158 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Prompt 1:

One day Lesgo was tampering with some spells to see if he could get a little more speed enchant to his skates when it stumbled across a small pocket in the back cover and noticed there was a small piece of parchment inside. Lesgo opened it up and saw it was a dark magic spell to increase stick handling to gloves. Lesgo knew it was forbidden to use dark magic, but that stick handling would be a great addition. So he started to cast and the room started shaking. Things were not going right and just when he finished his cast he year a faint voice ringing across the room saying "Stop don't do it." Then all of a sudden a hole appeared and walked out a tall, masculine man. The tall shadowy figure was ... LESGO, but like taller and more brawny. This portal was to a alternate universe. This Lesgo was the enforcer type. He had scares and some teeth missing. Lesgo (the original) had a wonderful idea. He would recruit Alternate Lesgo to join him on his line to dominate the SHL! It would be like the Sedin twins on roids!

(198 words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium