Create Account

S65 PT #0: Close Encounters of the Sixty-Fifth Kind

Hockey Written Prompt: As Duncan Mackenzie stares into the purplish maw of infinity he sees one team that strikes him as weirdly similar to the Calgary Dragons: The Chicago Blackhawks. Like the Dragons, the Blackhawks won some stuff way back when and used to be a powerhouse. Now, they are trying to move past a scandal, have an aging old core and and up and are trying to build a new core. Like with the Blackhawks, the Dragons never really got going this year and had to suffer through a down season while realizing there would probably be another terrible season to come.

As I said, both teams were recently mired in a scandal due to their management and both teams are trying very hard to move passed it. The Dragons have brought in a new management team, made some trades and tried to bring back the positive atmosphere that used to surround the teams LR. The Blackhawks have....done...things? I think? maybe I dont want to compare the two teams...

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 11:54 AM by TheFlash. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hockey prompt

Jarmo actually has seen Bigfoot! It's a story that Jarmo tells at every party or every social gathering he goes to. Back in the Summer of 2016, he was staying in a remote cabin in the Northern Washington wilderness. He and a few friends from back in Finland had reunited for a trip. Late one night, they were all outside at a bonfire when they suddenly heard a loud noise that sounded like an ape off in the distance. They were all on edge for the rest of the night, but never heard anything else and assumed it was some sort of wild animal that they weren't familiar with. Later that night, Jarmo went out of the cabin to get some fresh air, as he was quite drunk hours before and was feeling ill. He heard a noise over by the smoldering coals of the fire that had been left to die out, and standing just at the edge of the shadow was a large (seven feet at least by his eyes!) and hairy creature. This could have been a moose, it could have been a bear, but it was upright like a human. It noticed him, and with a loud huff, turned around and crashed through the edge of the wood into the night.

ISFL Affiliate Task

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

If I were to compare the Pride to any NHL team for this upcoming season, I would say we’re the St. Louis Blues. San Francisco seems to me like a middle of the road playoff team that could either lose in the first round or make a run all the way to the end. But where I think we’re most like the Blues is we don’t necessarily have a superstar carrying our team. We win and lose our games as a team, and we don’t have a McDavid or Matthews the way that teams like Baltimore have Jones and Los Angeles have Kahnwald. We have a solid group of older two-way forwards to go along with young offense heavy ones, a physical defense, and solid goaltending that isn’t typically top of the line but is very solid and certainly steals some games. As much as I don’t like the Blues, they are the team that most reminds me of the Pride.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

PLAYER PROMPT

Uhhh, have you met Petr? He is a genetically engineered, lab-grown super human specifically designed by an underground, illegal and highly unethical state-sponsored laboratory division to be the perfect hockey player all with the goal of bringing the Czech people gold for the first time in the people's history and bring the decades of heartbreak to an end, all the while setting up Czech dominance for the future as this program can be but a test for a large scale human experimentation to build a team of perfect hockey players. Petr also was deployed via submarine (of which the Czech navy doesn't officially have) onto the shores of Cape Cod with nothing but a hockey stick and skates, after but a few weeks of existence in this world, after which Petr has gone on to play professional hockey all while doubling as a Czech State Security agent (the Czech version of the KGB, officially defunct) and committing espionage and sabotage in order to further the great nation's goals.

but I suppose it's kinda weird that Petr's toes are huge.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

It's funny because the Buffalo Stampede equivalent in this crazy other worldly dimension is the Buffalo Sabres. While the Buffalo Stampede are a main stay in the playoffs, with multiple finals appearances and multiple finals wins with outstanding management and team ownership, the Buffalo Sabres are horribly mismanaged, lose stars who go on to flourish (Reinhart... not so much Eichel), and haven't ever won shit and haven't been in the playoffs for like fifteen years or some shit.

As for Chimkin Wing, his physical appearance doppelganger is none other than Phil "The Phil" Kessel. Looks pudgy, balding, kinda goofy looking. Whiney voice, etc. Skills wise, his doppelganger is Ryan Reaves minus the toughness. Not really effective or good at anything really. Just kind of poorly skates around the ice and doesn't contribute anything whatsoever to his team's success. Or Pat Maroon. He sucks too. "Triple Stanley Cup Champ" 17 points in 74 games... you definitely earned those cups and didn't just grasp on to the coat tails of Ryan O'Reilly and Nikita Kucherov for dear life.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

HOCKEY PROMPT

I would have to say that the Montreal Patriotes are most like the Los Angeles Kings of this current season. A team that was not supposed to make the playoffs, but did, and a team that is in the mid stages of a rebuild, with flashes of competitiveness, but mainly awaiting the development of players in the minors, or in this case, juniors. The Patriotes are in a division that has 4 teams of the 5 rebuilding, and I do include Toronto in that still, despite their offseason, even though they've basically traded themselves out of the current rebuild. The rest are working a rebuild, Montreal included, as are the real life Kings. However, Montreal has competitiveness with it, and as a result, played its way to a franchise best record last season, and a 3rd seed in the division, before eventually falling to Hamilton, who are now even more in a rebuild than they were in the playoffs. Similar to the Kings, who managed to play their way in in a weak division.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

The weirdest thing that has ever happened to Liam Slate was when he got lost on the way to practice back when he used to play in Toronto. On the way to practice one day Liam Slate took a wrong turn and not realizing where he was going as he was somewhat new to the Greater Toronto Area. Liam Slate ended up driving up the 400 highway towards Barrie, Ontario. Liam Slate was not driving but he was in the back seat. Not realizing where he was going just trusting his ride. It was weird because this has never happened to Liam Slate before and unfortunately Liam Slate missed the entire practice. He did not end up getting disciplined because it was ultimately not his fault, but there was a lot of good laughs. Since then Liam Slate has been very careful being a passenger and paying attention to where he is going and watching the road. Liam Slate has yet to miss a practice since then.

(160 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 08:51 PM by Sburbine. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt:
The weirdest thing to happen to Jay O'Neil was is his S61 WJC performance. Jay wasn't good enough to run with the bigger teams so he got put in Team North America, he had a great time with all the fellow young lads but the team didn't do that great (Team NA rarely does). The standout of the whole tournament though was how embarrassingly bad Jay's performance was. He was given every opportunity by his coach but in no way could deliver, he played 23:20 ATOI including 3:56 PP minutes a game and 2:37 SH minutes per game, he was supposed to lead this team to greatness. Instead despite all of this minutes, he had a whole zero points and went -3 through the 13 game round robin, the same amount of points as the guy playing 7 minutes a game. You would think when someone gets almost 4 minutes of time with a man advantage a game they would at least get one point. It was embarrassingly terrible, funny and definitely weird all at the same time.
[Image: yfoJvCB.png]

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Player Prompt
There was this one time Rashford was traveling between continents, on one of those long haul overnight flights that just seem to never end.  Rashford was sitting there with Tightpants, who had joined him on a trip back to Rashford's homeland in Zambia.  In classic tightpant fashion, Tommy had left his suitcase, yes, the entire suitcase, back in Macha where they had stayed.  Lucky for Tommy, the rest of the Rashford crew was headed to Newfoundland to catch the start of the S64 playoffs, where Mikko Rashford and the Berserkers were chasing down their 3rd consecutive Four Star Cup and their 4th in 5 seasons.
There was 1 major issue with leaving the suitcase, it had his special tight pants that he wears in every single hockey game.  Tommy, rather than being willing to swap out the lucky pants for a different option, decides to pay a chartered flight to fly his special pants in time for Game 1 of the playoffs.  Was the $25k cost with it? who knows, but the man with the tightpants was happy as can be

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Code:
Tell me about the coolest or weirdest thing that has ever happened to your player. Maybe it's hockey related, maybe it's not, but I want to give you a chance to add to your player's cannon. What's their most interesting story? Do they tell it to everyone for a laugh? Or is it something they keep on the hush? Get creative with this! (150+ words)

The first time that Strom was ever called up to the bigs, he let his fellow Class of 52 classmates know about it.  The first to get called up.  It was definitely something cool to brag about.  One thing that nobody really knows is that when Gary Grease met Strom at the airport, the shenanigans truly started.  First, he was treated out to a dinner (that they left Strom footing the bill) for a rookie hazing, and then after showing him to his hotel room they hired....well....an entertainer that they were able to get mocked up as the hotel front desk host.  What started as a room error with incorrect keys, to finding....certain belongings already in the room (which Strom promptly complained about) to the discovery that those belongings were the entertainers and that wild man Grease had arranged everything for Strom...that was, pretty wild.  Strom knew, from that point on that his time in Winnipeg would be a challenge on the ice, but hilarious off the ice.  Not too long after that, Gary retired as Strom came up full time for the Jets...but not before he was able to repay the favor.  Nobody except Gary knows what ultimately happened, but in the card Strom gave to him at his retirement party, it was signed:  "Say hi to Sparkles for me."

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Player prompt:

They actually made a movie about my life before joining the SHL. I mentored this kid and taught him a bunch of sweet karate moves to kick a bullies ass but the movie studio decided it would be more believable if they cast an asian actor to play me (pretty racist IMO) so no one believes it's about me. Here's an old photo of me training that little punk, man I was fly af back in the day.
[Image: n7YP1HL.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

PBE Affiliate

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Red Kirkby becaome suddenly aware that something was not quite right. By all accounts it felt like a dream but it was somehow much more visceral and real than any dream he had ever had. Through the torrent of information flowing into his tiny smooth hockey brain one sequence of images came to the fore. A player that looked disturbingly like Red was breaking onto the scene on his team, smaller in stature than most of his counterparts yet playing with a vigor and robustness that allowed him to beat a man or wiggle through a check. Lightening fast down the boards and usually setting himself for a cross crease pass or to bat in a rebound off of the pads. This Nils Hoglander embodied pretty much everything that Red based his game around and more. As he absorbed this new found information he found himself feeling stronger, like that somehow he was learning at a much faster rate during the off season than he normally would even with game time.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]