Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

The reason my beloved SD Core was because of his father with the exact same name, SDCore. Corey has been one of my best friends throughout sim leauges and I thought it would be a lot of fun to mess with him by having my player name as his discord username. At first he wasn't exactly happy with it but I wasn't going to back down and change my name. The reason I myself wanted to be a defenseman, I really like the idea of racking up assists and also crushing people on the boards. Hockey is probably the most physical major sport and it doesn't get enough respect for that. So far SD Core looks to really only be a minor league defenseman, not really sure where my fate lies in SHL after that, but I will continue to enjoy my career in the minors while it lasts. Go zerkers am I right?

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

Coming from a true hockey dynasty, there was never a question for Evan Winter that this is a game he's gonna play as well and where he'd try to pursue a professional career. And yet there was nevery really any pressure from the outside, from relatives who pushed him to continue the family legacy and follow into the footsteps of his parents or grandparents, it was a wholly intrinsical motivation. Of course being part of a family with so many hockey players did come with some advantages though, like access to facilities, equipment and mentorship from a very young age and always being around hockey players not just from his family but also their friends at teammates that came to visit or that Even got to meet at games or other team gatherings. After the initial appeal of the game, the simple joy of skating around and hitting a puck into the net had set in, it was meeting all those different people from all over the world and hearing their inspirational stories that finally pushed young Evan to really pursue this path.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Code:
Why did your player want to play hockey to begin with? What drew them to the game? Was it a supportive parent? A Hall of Fame hero? Maybe it's just the sound a skate makes when it cuts into the ice? What is it about hockey that's so special to your player? (150+ words)

Growing up in St. Louis, Strom remembered going to Scarecrow games with his late father, and the occasional drive up to Chicago to see the Syndicate play.  He had wanted to be a goalie all his life ever since he saw his first game.  The roar of the crowd when the home team scored, and the even bigger pop that occurred when the home team goalie made an outstanding save out of desperation...the audio call of the commentators full of excitement when the same thing happens.  He lived for it.  He dreamed for it.  While other players played in shifts, the goalie was there all the time and they were the last line of defense against a goal and a determining factor in winning or losing.  After growing up and only making it to the local beer leagues and a short stint in the very minor leagues, he thought he'd ever be able to live up to his childhood dream.  That was, until Season 51 and the call from Anaheim.   Now, over 10 seasons later, with his joints aching, each time before going out on the ice...hearing the crowd roaring for their team...the deafening pop that happens when they step out of the tunnel...it all instantly transports him back to his childhood.  In those moments, he's 10 again...except now, he's actually living his dream.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

Jayden wanted to start playing hockey at the age of 6, for the basic 2 reasons - All of his friends started to play hockey for the first time, and his dad, Patrick Cloutier, always watched hockey with Jayden, who is a big Montreal Canadiens (HABS) fan. Once I stepped foot onto the ice, I loved it. Even though if you look at my first year of hockey photos, you would see me holding my stick like a left handed player, but my stick curve was right. And from that day on, it has been a one way train heading north for Jayden. The NHL has been one of my biggest motivators, since Jayden was babysat by Kris Russel of the Edmonton Oilers parents when he was just a child. 

By the way, for anyone reading this, what I wrote above is all facts from my real life.

[Image: byTaUkC.png]

As Boots waits in the locker room, skates laced up and stick gripped tight, he can't help but close his eyes and think about getting to the field where he grew up playing ball hockey with the neighborhood. Or when he got his first pair of skates and hit that pond for the first time. Nothing beat the wind going past his ears or dishing that puck around to whoever else was there to share it with. It's relived every time Boots hits the ice, whether it's the big show, or the small pond. That moment passes once the pre skate is done and he's back on the bench long enough to catch his breath and the real focus can begin. But without a doubt the dream of making the SHL is realized every time Boots is out there, especially now under the big lights and representing the Texas Renegades.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

As Mat Smith finds his familiar home between the pipes for the first game of the season, he can feel his heart beating through his chest. Six full seasons in the SHL and a Challenge Cup and he still felt nervous before each game. As the players faced off at centre ice he thought about everything that led up to him being here. Being born in a small town in the UK and moving to the big city in Finland as a toddler. Travelling to Quebec City for the first time ever to play for this team that reached out to him. Being drafted to Chicago, the city he now calls home. Watching his mentor, Tib, celebrate with the team as they hoisted the cup for the first time ever. Doing the same the very next season back in Quebec City with his found family. Travelling to Chicago for good this time, staying in his mentor's spare room. Lacing up his skates for the home opener exactly seven years ago. Celebrating again mere months ago with his newest family. To now today, each new season feeling like a fresh start, another opportunity to bring home that trophy that 20 teams fight for every season. All of a sudden Smith is snapped back to reality as he hears the goal horn. 1-0 Toronto, first shot of the game, first shot of the season. Not a great start, but it can only get better from here.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

WSBL Affiliate Task

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Liam Slate was basically born into hockey, that is how he got into the sport of hockey. Liam Slate's father played in the minor leagues in North America before signing a deal in his late 20's in the Elite Ice Hockey League in Great Britain. Liam Slate grew up in the rink and even went on many road trips growing up. Liam Slate was basically in skates as a toddler whether he could actually skate or not. His father had a dream his son would follow in his footsteps. Liam ended up being put into hockey at the ripe age of 5 although there wasn't many kids in hockey but they made it work. Overall the Slate family is all about hockey. Even his uncles and family back home in Canada play hockey. Hockey is a way of life for Liam Slate and always has been. So far Liam has had a decent career but he is chasing more like his dad always did. This is how Liam Slate found hockey, or moreso how hockey found Liam Slate.

(181 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Player Prompt:

The inspiration to join hockey start very young. My father played and my grandfather before him. It was like hockey is in our blood. I was placed in skates since the age of 3 and ever since I could remember I have been dreaming of the SHL Arenas and playing in front of thousands of fans. The game just was meant for me. Heading out onto the pond as kids hearing the ice crack as you dig in on a sharp turn or as you sprint down the ice. Staying out until midnight playing pick up games with your friends. The game has always just been a huge part of my life and it really all just stemmed from my father. I also can remember watching an SHL game staying up late and when it was time for bed asking my father if I could just watched the end of the game. It ended up being a 5 OT game and he kept his word to let me watch the whole game.

(176 words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Player Prompt:

Living in a small mountain town in Switzerland, there isn't much else to do other than snowboarding/skiing down the mountains and playing hockey. Leon always loved the speed, yet beauty of the game. His heroes he watched growing up playing for HC Davos made it seem so effortless gliding around the ice, passing the puck tape to tape. The sounds of the blades cutting deep into the ice, wood sticks smacking against each other as players fight for the puck. Everything about the sport of hockey made Leon love the game more. He wanted nothing more than to grow up and play for his local team and then eventually, play in the SHL.

Now that he has achieved his dream, nothing has changed. He still takes in every sound before he hits the ice during practice, for warm ups and even before every shift. He loves everything this sport has given him.

[Image: BTHxZUB.png]

Player Prompt:
Being from small town Canada it seems it is only right not to become an outcast that you have to play hockey. Whether you are good or bad it is just the thing to do you grow up with everyone around you playing and you risk being an outcast if you don’t. That being said, it was the moment that I attended the Conference finals in my hometown when the WHL team won the championship that really made me fall in love with the game. I was lucky enough that my parents got me tickets and I watched the hometown team lay everything on the line in Game 7! The effort from every player on the ice and the do whatever it takes attitudes made me really fall in love with the game and want to be one of these stars. After the game I was lucky enough to attend and meet my favorite players from the team and get my photo taken with the championship trophy. It was my goal from that day on to make it to this level if not further and push myself to the limits.
WC:190

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 11:21 PM by RashfordU.)

Player Prompt

Mikko always loved hockey growing up, but he never laced up the skates as a young kid.  Rashford's parents appreciated his involvement in soccer and didn't want to push him to change his passion if Mikko didnt want to.  But over the years as he got closer to the age of 7, 8, and 9.  Other parents kept noting how Mikko was the best ball hockey player of all of the kids in the area.  Even better than the ones who played on the Ice year round.

That all changed at the age of 10, when Mother Rashford decided it was time to try the sport for good.  Rashford hadn't skated before, and jumping into tryouts for competitive teams was a massive learning curve "wait, these kids know how to stop?"

But that was all it took.  Rashford soon fell in love with the sport and never looked back.  The sport that would take him around the world and be a focal passion each and every day.  Though, Mikko loves to return home to Finland, grab a beat up old wooden hockey stick, and battle it out on the streets just like when he was a little kid.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Creative prompt

There's so many ways to go with this. In an ideal world, you would use this opportunity to teach the children all about the efforts and results that come with good sportsmanship. However, I think that today's children need to learn that there's far more to sports than just wasn't sure. There's also knowing how to cheat, when did she, and how not to get caught. You also need to make sure that the children understand things like drawing penalties, how to manipulate the referees to get what you want, and how to manipulate the opposing team members.

So I would use this opportunity to teach them about cheating. From blatantly cheating or sneakily cheating, all kinds of cheating are on the table here. But, most important lesson will be not to get caught. The second most important lesson, will be how to react when you're caught. The easiest way to teach the second one, is to teach them to deflect, deny, deflect, defuse, deflect.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]