Create Account

S68 Championship Week Due: January 8th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

SHL HO pass

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

GM CW Pass

[Image: banes.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 03:42 PM by Otrebor13. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 1

Verification

Task 2

a. Absolutely. When you have a team firing on all cylinders like they do, it makes it extremely difficult to defend. Last year they relied heavily on Lebedev, and having only one guy producing in the playoffs is easier to stop when games get tighter. Now, they have 7 players above a PPG, so someone will be on the ice at all times, making them dangerous at every moment of the game.
b. The team they have is fantastic, and there’s no doubt with their talent and experience they can win it. That being said, they went the distance last year against Manhattan, who looks even better this season than they were last season. While Seattle hasn’t changed, the Manhattan roster will give them some added trouble they didn’t experience last season.
c. I think when it comes to the playoffs, and especially the finals, your top players are always the ones that will be looked at to carry the load. However, the opposition has plenty of tape to learn how to stop you, and that’s why when the finals come around it’s usually someone you’d least expect that steps up and becomes a hero. I think both Manning and Lind will be stars for their team, but there will be someone else who steps up for the winning team that will make the difference.
d. I’ll give the edge to Manhattan this season. While these are two very good teams, I think when you lose a tight playoff series, especially in the finals, as they did last season, that doesn’t sit well with you. All you want to do is avenge that loss and come out of there with a win, and even more incentive is they’re playing the same Seattle team that beat them last season.

Task 3

For Axel Kirby I think it’s to improve my defensive play. I feel I have been letting down my Kraken teammates a little too much over the past few seasons and I need to make adjustments to help us take that next step. I think I have come a long way since I started, but I have to be better. We have a roster poised to make some noise next season, but I need to step up at both ends of the ice. As a veteran I need to show that I can also play defense and not solely worry about offensive production.

In addition to that, I would like to add a little bit of a scoring touch. I have been doing a good job setting up my teammates, but I need that additional dimension to my game to make myself more deadly and make defenders respect the shot and not just block the pass.

Task 4

This one is easy, it has to be Bruno Tooyo. For those who don’t know, Bruno and I are actually brothers, so playing against him in the playoffs and having that little rivalry with one another would be a lot of fun. We like to bug one another but are also competitive, so it would make for some good banter back and forth. We’ve come up against each other a few times in the past, and it seems as though he’s doing slightly better in his career so far, but a playoff matchup would be a lot of fun.

Obviously playoff matchups have more to do with the team composition rather than individual players, so that would surely play into it, but that added level of competition would definitely make it so both of us would raise our game to another level to try and best the other. I think it would be fun and would make for some good storylines.

Task 5

I love the creativity, but I gotta say this is somewhat situational. If this battle takes place on land, there’s no way the boats can win. They are essentially stranded wherever they are placed, and the bulls could just decimate them once they find a way onto the boat or topple the boat over.

However, if this battle takes place in the middle of the ocean, it’s boats all day. Sure Buffalo can swim, but if they are in the middle of the ocean trying to swim the boats will move much quicker and they are just sitting ducks waiting to be picked off.

If we place this battle on the shore line, where both are comfortable in their own terrain, I’ll give the bulls the slight edge. Only reason for that is because they can also swim, so if needed they can get close to the boats. But the boats have no way of getting onto the land without severely hampering their ability to win this battle. I think I’ve rambled enough about this hypothetical now.

Task 7

Milestones

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:40 PM by AlexisTexasRanger. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

flood

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

27 Wins -> 18 or more
1053 Saves -> 562 or more
.908 Save % -> .887% or higher
2.43 Goals Against Average -> 3.39 or less
4 Shutouts -> 1 or more
71 Game Rating -> 65 or higher

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

Surprise, surprise. When the S68 season came to a close, we saw the team from Washington state play the team from New York state, the exact same result from last year! But wait... there's more. Seattle bested Manhattan 4-3 in S68, a result that was a great change of pace from Seattle's 4-3 series win over Manhattan in S67. Oh my. They did it again. The script writers for the S68 SHL season forgot to change any of the details in the Challenge Cup. They just called it a day and ran the same script that they put out last season. Hopefully we see something new in S69, otherwise it won't be a very nice season.

20. Written, 3 TPE, Championship Creek (150 words min.)

Simple fluid mechanics states that the flow into a controlled volume must equal the flow out of a controlled volume. Let's put it this way: all the water that ends up in the Nile River, ends up flowing out of the tributaries at the end of the Nile River. It's got to go somewhere after all. This can be modelled as ΣQ_i = ΣQ_f, where Q is the flow rate as denoted by velocity of the flow times cross sectional area. But here's the catch: at a certain flow rate, we stop calling traveling water a creek. Based on data retrieved from the Government of Canada's online hydrometric data search, I would define the best creek to be the most similar to Regina's own Wascana Creek. After all, I've walked past the Wascana Creek, and boy is it ever a nice creek. The Wascana Creek had a maximum flowrate of 0.235 m^3 s^-1 over the course of the data collection, and most data points shows the flow was bellow 0.100 m^3 s^-1. I would perform a statistical analysis of all creeks in contention and award the crown for the best creek to the creek that is most similar.

22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Rigged (150 words min.)

The best way to rig the SHL championship for the Atlanta Inferno is to make it about one thing and one thing only: a competition of who has the biggest gluteus maximus. Yes that's right. We're measuring how big each others' butts are. Hotdog runs a tight ship in Atlanta, and each time I've shown up to do a workout he's made a note of one thing: not enough squats. Evgeni Petrov on the other hand leads the team in size with a caboose that could haul the entire team to the championship. The way that they utilize the sheer mass of their ass to stop pucks, diving backwards to get a cheek in front of a shot, is a sight to behold. I aspire to save the puck like Evgeni does one day, and I've been doing squats and eating lots to try and get there. We like big butts in Atlanta, and I honestly don't think any other team stands a chance.

23. Written, 2 TPE, Acrostic Poem

Ass
Large.
Eyes
Xenial.
Icy
Smile.

Totally
Empowered,
Xenacious
And
Sexy.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] [Image: zmWhIQu.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 04:25 PM by Ronniewalker. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Burp!

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, New Year New Me (150 words min.)
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Lemo’s new years resolution, or at least a goal to work towards is to find a proper balance between working out towards keeping his body in good enough shape to still be able to perform well in the SHL and on the other hand try to devote more time to his family and also look more towards how to set up things for his and his family’s life after his playing days in the SHL are over. He feels like his career has been the first and foremost priority for so long that soon it will inevitably be time for that to change and he will have to give more and more of his time and effort to his family and other things beyond his hockey team. He does not wish to leave the game behind completely though, but is hoping to stay connected to the game and also the SHL in some capacity, whether it be talent scouting or general kind of ambassadorial duties for the league in his home country of Estonia. (174 words)

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 TPE - S68 milestones - Lemo Pihl W

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! Are they up and coming? Win now mode? Entering into a re-build phase? What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around?

This is the year that Team Finland takes home the IIHF World Championship once again. The golden generation of players that have won the championship in every even-numbered season since season 62 still have plenty of gas left in the tank and they also have formidable fresh blood coming in through the WJC pipeline to take the place of the few living legends that have retired these past few seasons. While they have not been able to secure back to back championships in this decade, they have by far been the most successful IIHF team in the last ten years, winning the gold medal every second year since that magical season 62 win when the generation of players that brought home two consecutive World Junior Championships golds in seasons 57 and 58. It will surely be a tightly contested competition once again with many tough squads vying for the gold alongside them, but I have a very strong feeling that Team Finland will jubilate the home crowd with their fourth gold medals in seven seasons! (175 words)

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 02:02 AM by Lumosityfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate Claim for 3 TPE

1. CW Trivia: hello

7. Milestones: Milestones
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 09:37 PM by Valpix. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. waffles

2a. I think this Rage team is definitely a different beast. When one guy is popping off, you gameplan around trying to slow him down particularly. Get depth scoring and your lines rolling, however, and it becomes significantly tougher because it's essentially picking your poison. Try to slow down Tomas Lind and maybe you get bit by Aksel Fiske. Stop Greg Davies, and Robert E O Speedwagon eats your lunch.
2b. For me, the most likely cause for Seattle slipping up would be regression in goal. Willie Miller has once again put together a stupendous playoff run, but his numbers are way above what he was doing in the regular season. I don't see this deep, talented offense slowing down, but there's a reason goalie is such an important position.
2c. Yes in both cases, but if one were to slow down I would bet it would be Lind simply because he is sliiightly overperforming his shooting percentage from the regular season. Manning broke the league in the regular season and he is once again impressing in the playoffs, while Lind wasn't the best scorer on his team in the regular season.
2d. I like this Rage team a lot. They've got a lot of quality players and quality human beings. That said, this Seattle team is an absolute wagon at the height of its powers, and I don't see any reason why they would slow down now. The Rage will compete, but the Argos take this.

7. +1 TPE - Milestones

16. Building a hockey megateam, eh? I'm basing things off real life because that's what I do. Instead of lazily just slapping together a couple countries with great teams, I want to be a bit more thorough. I want geography to be important, and also language barrier. The easy answers, then, would be the return of Czechoslovakia and a combined Nordic team (specifically Sweden and Finland, as Finland does have a decent Swedish speaking population). Czechoslovakia was, of course, a world power before it dissolved into two independent nations, and while Slovakia has been pretty mid over the last few years, the generation coming through is very exciting and when you combine them with the quality the Czechs have...medals would be far more frequent. As for Sweden and Finland...yeah, this one doesn't need a ton of elaboration. Aside from the banned Russia, these are two top-5 hockey countries, arguably two of the top three; combine them and you'd be PRINTING gold medals.

17. I don't think there is such a thing as a true neutral site for a host country in real life. Even if you move it to a country where they have no national team but do have a rink (one that comes to my mind is Uzbekistan, who does not participate in IIHF play but has a 12,500 seat ice arena in the capital of Tashkent, the largest ice arena in Central Asia), you will still get travelers from nearby countries and diaspora (using the Uzbekistan example again, Kazakhs and Russians would flock there). However, there is one single continent on the planet with no full IIHF members, which would probably be the closest thing you can get to a true neutral site: South America. Now having to figure out where to put it is the hard part, but I personally would chose Argentina - you're even further from ice hockey playing countries, and unlike, say, Bolivia, you don't have to deal with insane altitude.

Lefty
Okayish
Up and coming
Intelligent
Swiss
Energizer

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 06:39 PM by Ohtaay. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: oats
3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A) I think the question pretty much answers it self. Lev has been on fire, continuing his success from last season. However the difference these season is that he has a supporting cast around him. Letting him truly play his game, and it makes the other teams focus on all the rage players instead of just him. I think this is a much different team from last season. Good for the rage for building their depth.

B) Seattle can definitely do it again, look at them last season in the playoffs, then look at them in the regular season this year. Then again in the playoffs, the team has not lost a step, with a very strong skater group, both offensively and defensively backed with solid goaltending. The experience will definitely help Seattle in this, but the unknown of the rage might be a wild card for the team.

C) These are both great players, who I think will continue to play their best hockey heading into the finals. However, they will obviously be facing top competition this round and will have to elevate their game to the next level. I think Manning has the slight edge with the team around him, however I feel the Rage are hungry and they will do what they can to dethrone Seattle from winning again.

D) I think my points above in the previous questions lean to my answer being made. I think it will be an uphill battle for the Rage, they took another big step this season, but Seattle has the experience. I kind of see the Rage in a similar light to the Texas team in previous seasons. Texas was able to do it, so the Rage definitely can. But it will be a very hard fought series for both teams.

4 TPE

Code:
What is your player's New Years resolution? What aspect of their game do they want to work on in S69 to help them reach the finals next season? If they did make the finals this season, is it because of something they resolved to work on last season? If so, then what's next?

Kondos is getting old, there is no part of my game that can really be worked on to improve to say, but it is about staying in shape so I can continue to hold my own in the SHL. Finishing at close to a point per game this season, I am hopefully to have 1 more 60+ point season before really starting to slow down. It is important that I can be trusted with the puck, not making dumb giveaways and continue to be a reliable player. My physical game will most likely start to slow down, forcing me to change my game slightly and the way approach each situation. Going into the off season I plan on getting a lot of rest, and letting my body recover. So that I can come into the new season with a jump in my stride, and continue to keep up to the pace of play and show the team I can still be a strong offensive contributer.

3 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

This is a pretty fun prompt for me, being originally drafted to Texas and playing many seasons there, not to mention coming out of a rebuild we had a lot of ups and downs that lead us to a couple of rivals. The first being New Orleans, it always seemed to be us battling for position in the standings, back and forth we would go. So many big games, so many happy feelings and so many let downs. After NOLA there was Chicago, who we hated because of the playoff rivalry, we always had to get through Chicago if we wanted to advance. First couple of times Chicago had our number, then we finally started beating them, and made it to the finals and got our first challenge cup. This is why my move to chicago was so funny, with the rivalry we had. Now being on Chicago, I feel like we don't have a true rivalry. Every season has been different and not one team has stood out to me.

3 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE - Milestones

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

GM pass

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2022, 03:47 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE!

PBE PT

+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Manhattan comes into this series with a much more balanced attack than their previous playoff run carried by a scorching hot Lev Lebedev. This time around they have nearly seven players chugging along at a PPG clip. Is this a different beast than last season's Rage? Why or why not?

b. Seattle returns to the finals with a roster that's very similar to last season's champions. So why would they lose this time around? This squad has proven they can do it, so what's changed? Do you think this team can do it again?

c. The play of Max Manning for Seattle and Thomas Lind for Manhattan has been a key factor in their respective teams' playoff runs. Do you think they're both able to continue performing at the spectacular pace they have thus far, or do you think someone is able to figure out how to shut them down? Is that the key to this series?

d. With all that being said it's round two of SEA vs. MAN. Who wins this time? Regardless of any other stat in this series-- who do you think wins it and why? Last season Manhattan was the upstart without any experience, but here they are again to face the same behemoth Seattle team. Make your pick.

a. No I do not think that it is a different beast than last season's Rage because if you clearly look at their jerseys they still have the bull logo so they are indeed the same beast from last playoffs.  Maybe if they changed their logo to something like an alligator I could agree that they are a different beast but with the consistency in logos I'm going to have to say that this is the same old Manhattan. (78 words)

b. Well certainly one thing that has changed from this season to last season is that last season it was Season 67 and this season it is Season 68.  So that is a whole different season we have going right now.  Also I haven't actually checked this but I imagine the players have different TPE levels than last season, so that's another thing that's changed.  If they had the exact same playoff TPE that would be wild.  I think they lose this time. (82 words)

c. I definitely knew that those two were having a great playoffs so I am definitely an expert that can answer if that will continue.  I will say that both will continue their dominance!  Despite the extra game tape for each team to see on each player they won't have an answer and both Lind and Manning will have great series for both of their teams being big keys for each. (70 words)

d. When SEA/MAN is around I would have to say that everyone wins because who doesn't love SEA/MAN?  The people loved SEA/MAN so much last season that they are getting a whole new series of SEA/MAN to hopefully satiate their desires.  I'm not sure if I can pick a specific winner when SEA/MAN is involved I am just glad I am here to enjoy all the SEA/MAN we've been getting the last two seasons. (79 words)

+4 TPE

Code:

BASE PACK's New Years Resolution is to just do less like Paul Rudd's surfing instructor from Forgetting Sarah Marshall kept telling Jason Siegel's character (can you tell I remember character names well?).  It seems like some goalies in the SHL do better with less TPE so I'm just going to tell him to do less in the crease when he is in the games.  Maybe he is being too reactionary with his high level stats and is somehow moving out of the way of the puck?  It is too bad he isn't in regression yet so I could make his TPE level worse and make his in game play better (hopefully).  But his resolution this next season will definitely be to do less.  I don't think I can afford much equipment next season so that should help do the trick!  Either way hopefully he can play a bit better so that he is able to help the Philadelphia Forge win a playoff series!  I thought we had it in the bag this season but Manhattan was too good, hopefully BASE PACK's resolution helps him in Season 69.

187 words, +3 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull (150 words min)
We aren't talking about some fake hockey league-- I'm asking for real. Who would win in a fight? A small navy of three living war boats with eyes, or a herd of 45 raging bulls (15 per boat). Battlefield is your choice. Create whatever scenario you like to back up your choice of winner. Tell me how it goes and why it goes that way.

So a battle between three living war boats with eyes and a herd of 45 raging bulls is really interesting, but tough because the boats would thrive in their natural habitat--water--and the herd of raging bulls would thrive in their natural habitat, the land.  So I am going to level the playing field and say that they both have to fight in space since neither of them are even familiar with space I am pretty sure.  The bulls could get some sort of space suits to keep them alive but that is about it.  I imagine that they would just sort of float around in space and not be able to do much because they're bulls and in a vacuum.  The boats could stay alive I imagine because in the end they are just boats, but I don't think they'd be able to  move out there?  I guess if they could somehow get close to the bulls they could bludgeon the bulls to death with oars or something.  It would take a while but I guess the boats with eyes win this space battle.

184 words, +3 TPE

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)
We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra effects this location might have on the game of hockey.  

I enjoyed the space battle in my last answer that I'm sending the IIHF teams to space too because name another truly neutral setting you simply cannot. If the host country being home is too much of an advantage then we are going to have to avoid most of the countries in the world because these days the world population is a melting pot and players will have connections to other places through transfers, marriage, etc. So we have to get off of Earth! The players of course are going to get space suits so no one dies but we are going to put them into like a bubble hockey scenario so they are playing in a floating ice arena sort of situation. Only a limited number of people would be able to blast off and go see the games in person but we would make sure it wasn't the rich people who got to go but random die hard everyday fans who would win tickets through a lottery. The gravity would be a little wonky so the games would be pretty bizarro and fun to watch I am sure!

190 words, +3 TPE

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 01:27 AM by vbottas17. Edited 10 times in total.)

#1 - (+3 TPE)

Verification word: 60

‐‐---------‐-----------------

#4 (+3 TPE)
4. Written, 3 TPE, Dream Series (150 words min.)
Many teams have rivals they'd love to trounce in a playoff series. Maybe you as a player have another specific player you'd love to beat to win the cup and lord it over them for the rest of their lives. Tell me who you'd love to play in a playoff series and why! Why would you love to beat this team or player? What would it mean to you or your team? Keep it friendly.

I would love to play against the Los Angeles Panthers in a playoff series. Piastri is still playing in Nevada and will be spending next season there as well, but when the time comes to lace up the skates at the SHL level there is no team I would rather beat than the Panthers. I spent a lot of time with the Panthers organization and would have loved to go back to Los Angeles during my draft year. The Panthers had an opportunity to draft me but instead they decided to trade the 16th selection for future picks and passed on the opportunity to add me to the team. I'm happy that I've ended up with the Monarchs. We've been adding a number of excellent players in recent seasons and the time is fast approaching that we see all this talent gather in Minnesota and start to make their marks in the SHL. Piastri has proven to be a dangerous offensive player, setting SMJHL records for goals and points in a single season and having a very good chance at setting the all-tine records for both statistics next season. I can't wait to light the lamp in the playoffs against Los Angeles and point to the GM's press box every time it happens.

----‐---------------------------------

#7 - (+3 TPE)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Claim: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3304732

-----------------------------------

#17 (+3 TPE)
17. Written, 3 TPE, Neutral Turf (150 words min.)
We simply cannot play in a host country any more, it's too big of an advantage for the home team. You're going to have to find the ideal location to host these international tournaments, and it cannot be in any existing country! Where do you take this season's IIHF tournaments to ensure neutral territory? Bonus points for any fun and exciting extra effects this location might have on the game of hockey.

I'm very selfishly going to decide that the IIHF tournaments will now be held in Australia. The main reason is that my player Alexi Piastri hails from down under. Piastri is part of a growing contingent of SHL players who are from Australia. This shows that hockey is growing as a sport in new places and what better way to promote the continued popularity of the sport in Australia than to bring the renowned world tournament to the country? OK, in reality I just want to hear the fans go crazy every time that Piastri lights the lamp for Japan. Who knows, maybe with the added attention to hockey in the country, Australia can secure a future IIHF bid. Piastri would undoubtedly return to play for his home country if they were given an opportunity to compete internationally. I'm sure that the players and the fans would love the opportunity to take an annual trip to the beaches and the outback of Australia. There's just so many good reasons to make this happen, I wouldn't be surprised if the league has announced the change before the end of Championship Week.

-----------------------------

#18 - (+ 2 TPE)
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s results? How do you feel about a repeat finals series?

You have to hand it to the Seattle Argonauts, they've been dominant as of late and have now won back to back Championships. Overall this isn't very surprising. Seattle has played complete hockey and finished the regular season with over 50 wins. The Manhattan Rage have not found a way to solve the puzzle, despite playing excellent hockey and not making things easy for the Argonauts. Seattle has proven to be too much for any SHL franchise to handle and has now established themselves as the SHL's clear measuring stick team. Seattle has an incredibly balanced attack but Max Manning's play certainly stands out this season. The forward had an unreal offensive season and helped lead the was to Seattle's second consecutive championship. Can Seattle get the three-peat next season? I'm not sure if that's ever happened in the SHL before.

---------------------------

#23 - (+2 TPE)
An acrostic poem is when you create a poem using every letter of a given word. For example:

Big
Ugly
Raving
Lunatic
Of
Kindness

This is my acrostic poem for Burlok. Write me an acrostic poem using your player's name!

Pure
Intensity
And
Skill
To
Reach
Incomparability

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 09:28 PM by steveoiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Verification word: sven

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag:
a. Manhattan was playing with house money last season, everyone knows that. However, this season they prove that they belong at the top despite their regular season performance. A much more balanced approach to scoring and an improved blue line means they're much more equipped to cross the finish line this season.
d. It's no secret that Seattle is the favored team in this matchup, however Manhattan and Seattle have always played each other very evenly and while Seattle's team is largely unchanged from the team that won the cup last season, Manhattan has had quite a few improvements. It's because of those improvements that Manhattan will lift the cup this season.

Sven is slowly starting to feel the years of being the best Sven in the SHL. There's definitely a shelf life for any hockey player, and while Sven Svechnikov is the exception for a lot of things, evading father time is not one of those things. He's been in talks with some experimental methods of prolonging his peak performance, but at the moment they're just that: talks. His new years resolution is to take the next step and get those methods cemented so he has a plan in place to maintain his spot as the best Sven. There's so many things he still wants to do (score goals is at the top of the list) so once the offseason hits he'll be traveling and meeting with minds in the top of their fields to weigh all of his options. He has a few more seasons left in him before it's a pressing need, but he's always ahead of the game.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Boat Versus Bull

Honestly, environment plays the biggest factor here. Is the fight on land or sea? If the fight is on land, fifteen bulls take down 3 boats easily. I've never seen a boat do anything on land except flip over, and once a boat flips over it's all over. However, while a boat would definitely be more in it's element in the sea, I have seen bulls swim and they're still pretty angry. Honestly, just by virtue of being able to fight in both environments I'd give the edge to the bulls, since flexibility is a very important part of winning any fight. You can never really control when you're going to be confronted by fifteen angry bulls, so if you're on land and you can't do shit on land, you're just kinda worse than bulls (who can fight anywhere, as stated previously). Honestly, a big part of my life is preparing for the scenario of fighting fifteen angry bulls so I'm always prepared no matter where I am.

+3 TPE - Milestones

Shooting
Very (wide of)
Every
Net

16/16

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

GM CW Pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 10:31 PM by bjkman. Edited 6 times in total.)

16/16 TPE

0. Affiliate Claim +3

PBE Affiliate

1. CW Trivia +3

Bosh

7. Milestones +3

+3 From Sheet

17. Neutral Site +3

My nuetral site of choosing is the only place not corrupted by capitalism... SPACE! You heard me, we need to build a space station not for growth of the human race or future scientific advancements... No, none of that. This space station is for sports! Specifically team vs team and country vs country sporting events! The olympics? CHECK! The world hockey series? CHECK! The world cup? CHECK! No home team advantage and no crowd! It's like the NBA bubble all over again! Now, I'm not on team Moon here I'm under the idea that creating a satellite that orbits earth with its own center of gravity featuring lodging for all teams and players, and arenas and playing fields for EVERY sport that is either in the Olympics or has a following around the world. That means teams will only be supported by those home on earth watching! And hey you might say if it revolves around the earth doesn't that mean it will pass over a home country? And yeah it will pass over BOTH of them so Ha!!

I think this will work wonders! That is under some smart ass team decides to make a team in space or the aliens show up... Wait, you're telling me that already happened... *sighs*

Code:
212 Words

18. Procrastinator Special +2

The most important thing about these playoffs were that Manhattan vs Seattle wasn't supposed to be a reality. The Rage worked their asses off to show up and show out these playoffs and through hardwork and team chemistry they made their way to the Championship series against one of the best teams this season. And while we have a fun repeat series, Seattle has been called a much better team so its surprising but not really how the finals turned out. It was an awesome journey for Manhattan that honestly weren't expected to make it past the 1st round and CERTAINLY not the 2nd round. But they were one game from a Championship.

Code:
113 Words

23. Acrostic Poem +2

Davies
Awesome
Vigor
Is
Ever
Spreading

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

SMJHL GM pass