Create Account

S69 PT #4: Hockey School February 19th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

My journey into the SHL was unexpected and, to be quite frank, tragic at the time. When I joined the SHL covid had just set in. As the mascot of one of the largest footballing branding in the NCAA, I had a consistent schedule planed out for every weekend during the fall and winter. Now that schedule was gone. I suddenly found myself without a job. I didn't have many skills besides hyping up the crowd and doing loads up push-ups (sometimes those things coincide). I found myself searching for things to do and one of my favorite snacks (hotdog) brought up the league and that it might be good as a defender due to my abnormally large figure. He was right! Even though I had never ice skated before, I acclimated to the league very quickly. Now that covid is over, I do miss the weekends at Autzen Stadium riling up the crowds, but I have that to look forward do once I retire.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Creative Prompt

To reach the kids of this generation you have to tailor the practices and hockey camp experiences to them. One example of an on-ice activity that is done for all classes in Sven's own hockey program is the game of Nutmeg Royale! It brings all players out on the ice, each have possession of one puck. The goal of the game is to be the last player standing. The goal is to take your puck and in one way or another have it go through another player's legs, ie. a nutmeg. When a player is nutmegged they're out of the game and have to get off the ice, take of their skates, and start running laps until there's a single winner.

This teaches puck control as you don't want to lose your puck, and also need to get it through others' legs. But also to read what's happening all over the ice. To make sure they can be aware of not only their own immediate situation, but to easier grasp where other players are and what they're doing.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

The lesson I want my school children to take home from Grzegorz Brzeszyszczykiewicz Hockey Camp is that life is pain and we're all going to die. To do this, I will give them all goalie gear out of my own pocket, free of charge to them. They will pay with lives full of pain, unsaveable shots, and dumb defensemen pushing opposing players down on top of them after a scrum. The lesson will be a slow burn. Goaltending is fun at first, when you're getting beanie bags shot at you and you feel invincible in your gear. But then, over time, over the months and years of practice and agonizingly terrible defensive schemes, coaches reaming you out for talking to your defensemen, and forwards refusing to backcheck, you learn the true nature of life in this mortal human world. Life is chaos, everyone is stupid, especially you. But the good news is you'll all probably die before you can do any serious damage!

[166 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Player Prompt

Since the SHL and specifically the SMJHL are very inclusive leagues when it comes to drafting players, Kevens was able to enter the league without much prior experience. He learned the rules of the game mostly by watching it and learned the basic playing skills by going to outdoor rinks in the winter and practicing casually. There was never any proper sports school or organized league for him before the SMJHL. In fact the only reason why these basic skills were enough to get Kevens into the league was because the newly created Citadelles team needed a large number of players to fill their inaugural roster. An incredible amount of learning happened while playing for the Citadelles. Kev was very new to the professional side of the game and lagged behind many of his teammates in the first few seasons, but he quickly learned the pace of the game and worked hard to close the gap of skills and experience. He can credit the vast majority of success in his career to the Citadelle GMs @Evok and @Faelax for giving him the chance to play and practice in Quebec, despite his lack of prior experience.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Creative Prompt

The Rashford school of hard knocks, wait, I don't know if that is the best name for a hockey school for youth.
Rash Hockey, there we go.  Our school would be unique, offering a place for young players to develop more than just their on ice game.

Rashford is a firm believer in having a well rounded development before specializing in one area, thus the focus of the hockey school would actually see the athletes compete in various disciplines over their time in the school.
The focus would be on developing a good work ethic, good character, and a passion for competition amongst their peers.

A typical week would see player competing in multiple sports while also learning various disciplines such as cooking, and other health related components so that the player could learn to develop and take care of their bodies.  This is key to the program, as so many people think sports is all about talent, but many times is about longevity and care.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Philip Fry had never been a fan of hockey. Growing up in the hot and dry suburbs of New New York, he never had the chance to see a live game or even hold a hockey stick. But everything changed one cold winter day when he stumbled upon a hockey game while looking for a place to warm up.

The fast-paced action on the ice, the roar of the crowd, and the bone-chilling cold had Philip hooked. He couldn't take his eyes off the game and before he knew it, he was cheering along with the rest of the crowd. From that moment on, Philip was obsessed with hockey.

He started watching games on TV, reading up on the rules, and even joined a local league. He was determined to learn how to skate and play the game himself. Though he struggled at first, with the help of his teammates, he quickly became a valuable member of the team.

Philip's love for hockey grew every day, and he was grateful for that fateful winter day when he discovered his passion for the sport.

(183 Words)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: sobchak.png]

Player Prompt:

Finding a competitive hockey scene in Louisville, Kentucky, was near impossible for Bobby, he decided he wanted to play hockey after seeing a hockey game on T.V and he was absolutely transfixed with everything, the game itself, the arena, and how it looked on the television, and of course the fan atmosphere. He signed up for street hockey leagues and eventually advanced to roller hockey. Still, at the age of 12, he asked his parents if he could go to boarding school in Minnesota, Massachusets, or even Canada, to try and find a school where he could play hockey, and his parents were impressed he wanted to go all out like that. They told him ice skating was different than roller skating, and Bobby did have a rough time at first, barely scraping by on the team, his skating needed work but his puckhandling, shooting, and passing allowed him to make the team. After a while, his skating became a source of strength because of his sole focus on it, and people took notice, and now he is SHL bound after this season!

[Image: 48PR4YU.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

CREATIVE PROMPT: For my hockey school, I would keep most of the off-ice activities around sports, because we want to keep these kids moving. Every day, kids would be on the ice for two hours, one hour in the morning and another one during the afternoon with 30 minutes to get dress before and 30 minutes to get clean after. They would also get one hour for eating every day. Since the hockey school run for nine to five, this would leave three hours to fill each day which would be split into one hour block. I would use one of these hours to show the kids hockey tapes from professional players to get them to understand what they need to do in different situations. The other two hours would be dedicated to play different sports and I would try to introduce some sports that are not practising a lot in North America. Things like handball, archery, badminton and judo.

158 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

So second prompt & Isaac was literally chosen for this sport. Like all my players they were chosen for the sport by the deity they serve, Mr. 0. Oh no religion warning even though it has been like this for 4 years! The cult are not very well known here since Isaac keeps to himself & does not really talk about his personal life or do many interviews. This may change in the future but he was born to do this & rep the cult just like his father Jon Forty-One.

He was a natural, just like his father & grand father who he is named after, Isaac Mute. Who played around the first ever AC being made, albeit he never mount to anything. They all have been signed to Baltimore so that is where his home is.

The goal growing up is be the best defender he can be whilst helping his team assist. Jon loved to get assists & so will his son. We will have to see how he does next season when he moves up to the majors finally.

[179 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2023, 09:06 AM by Fluw.)

Prompt 2:

GK began playing hockey in the Icelandic league, tearing up the competition when he was 18 years old, and really dreamed of one day making the trip across the pond to play in the SHL. Since GK was a child, he seemed to have the talent to play hockey and was a natural on skates something that was unique to him in his family. Both of GK’s brother and father were career fishermen and could not work their way around their pair of skates, but something about it resonated with GK.

GK first heard of the SHL, when GK’s father was flipping through stations on the television and GK managed to see a glimpse of an SHL game. GK’s father, noticing GK’s interest, kept the game on, and helped propel GK into following his dream as being a player of the SHL. From there through hard work, and diligence GK managed to flourish and propel themselves into SHL stardom, nearing 1000 game played at this point in his career. (169 words).

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]