Create Account

Sunday Funday: The Next GM

In reality? Being able to commit to dealing with a lot of headaches and a lot of red tape that is the rule book that we have. Posting your signings and expenditures in triplicate, rules on who can be called up and sent down, when you can talk to people or sign someone, etc. It's a pain.

The froo-froo answer? Make a team a home and not just a place they play. Get like-minded people and camaraderie working in your advantage and you'll succeed for years.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

An effective GM needs to have good knowledge of asset value, the rulebook and how to use it to his advantage, and needs to be able to work with his players, among other things.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

I think the single most important quality of a good GM in the SHL is being able to get players to buy into what you're building. To get players to commit to stay with the team long term and to make sacrifices to be stay there. Second to that I would say is eye for potential, being able to see past hype and draft players which will actually stick with the league.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

I think @Justice would make a great GM because he has HO experience and knows what it's like on both sides of the law. Plus he talks a lot about his fantasy football team so he has vast experience on putting teams together so why not.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 06:24 PM by Sleepy.)

I think there are many qualities that are the hallmark of a good Gm. Friendly, dedicated, willingness to teach, I could go on and on. That being said I think that @Good_Ole_Kimmy would be a good person to get the nod for the next available spot.

I take back what i said, Kimmy stop calling people daddy its weird bro.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

I would not want to call out any individual player for my GM approval without knowing if they would want to be GM as would not want to be one. I think to be an effective GM in this league you have to be driven and committed to the long haul. As one can turn around a franchise overnight. So patience has got to be the important trait for GM.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Although it's very important to aknowledge the fact that a GM has to understand SimonT and needs to know how to properly assemble lines and make tactics for their upcoming games I strongly believe that the best GM is the one who spends a lot of time both on the team's LR and also talking to every player/user privately to make sure they're feeling well within the team and if they have any concerns. On that note it's been a plessing to have dankoa as my GM. Also a very good understanding of the league roles is a requirements as we tend to have those small mishaps which lead to unnecessary punishments.

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify

A quality SHL GM must possess certain essential qualities. Most important among these is a strong internet connection. This is integral when undertaking any online fantasy gaming, whether GM’ing or simply as a player. Almost as important is an SHL team to manage. Acting as a SHL GM without a team is too challenging for all but a few elite members. Lastly, one absolutely must have a degree in comparative Russian literature from the University of Sheboygan. Woe unto any unwise wannabe that endeavors to lead their squad to a Challenge Cup without a Sheboyganesque understanding of Tsarist ennui and the relative merits of Orthodox iconoclasty.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 06:59 PM by gaby.)

A good GM for the SHL should be someone who knows how STHS works and be popular enough so people wants to play for him. I don't think he needs to be really active on discord, that aspect is crucial for a SMJHL GM. Can't say I see candidates right now in Toronto

In order for you to become a GM candidate and be good at the job you have to have understanding of the game as sim, knowledge of the league, like player rotations etc., but most importantly I would say that you as a person have to be likeable and respected by other GM's and league users. I would never be able to be a good GM cuz of my past as that would hurt the team and block my potential of becoming a good GM. From the people who could become the next SHL GM and that meets all of my requirements that I listed, I would say - @Jogurtaa because she has been IIHF GM for long time now, she has won gold medals with Team Latvia and she is respected by others.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

GM should be a friendly person, who encourages and helps people with anything they might have problems with, and just spends time in the LR/Discord with the guys/gals. He should also have a good idea on how the sim engine works, being active in scouting prospects/new members on the site is fairly important too. Also, Mike Izzy for GM.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

An SHL GM needs to have a lot of experience with working with STHS. It seems basic at first, but there are also a lot of intricacies that need to be managed in order to have a successful roster. Secondly a GM needs to be in good standing with players in the league because if you aren't likable, people are not going to want to play for you. For that reason, I would recommend @JKortesi81 for a GM spot. He has a lot of experience with STL and is a very cool dude.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

I think Wally would be a great SHL GM since he has a squeaky clean history, a ton of experience, as well as a short lived term in head office

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

I think that we have a few folks that’d be good fits for GM, cpetrella, Keygan, Caltroit... the list goes on and on.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

I think a quality of a GM that is needed to succeed is a being a person who can connect and relate to your team. You can be the greatest team builder in history, or the best trader in the league, but that means nothing if you don't have your team behind you. If you can foster a good team environment, you'll have players starting to get unhappy, and start wanting out. Or you'll have them lose interest in the site, and start to go inactive. If you can't keep our team together as a unit, you aren't fit to be a GM.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page