Create Account

True story

So the anger when obese named his player after a literal nazi, was that deserved or was that just people being mean to obese?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

07-17-2019, 08:49 PMDangles13 Wrote: Guy being dumbass. Jruutu: "better ride or die for this guy."

Also Jruutu: better stab my team in the back and blow up a LR and get traded.

Thats cold  Sad

07-18-2019, 04:01 AMwumaduce Wrote: So the anger when obese named his player after a literal nazi, was that deserved or was that just people being mean to obese?

I don´t remember/know the case, but more than likely deserved if it was a rare name combination. Bit different level also compared to PK case.

07-17-2019, 05:47 PMjRuutu Wrote: PenKnight bad, we good. PenKnight bad, we good. PenKnight bad, we good.[/align]

[Image: AsrWOol.png]

07-18-2019, 03:57 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
07-18-2019, 03:52 AMAvakael Wrote: Why the fuck are people coming out of the woodwork to defend penknight, but everyone still shits on clardy today?

because shittin on clardy is a meme.

Also, these guys are fricken idiots for defending pink night. And when you get a community of around 300 people all across the world, you are guaranteed to have people to have shitty opinions or people you aren't going to like.

Look at penknight recent posts that he made today, all three of them show us that he is an anti-women bigot. women are a minority in this community and I hate to see people are actually defending penknight and saying ha he's from a different generation, he worded it badly, that's just his opinion, etc.

It's an opinion that simply isn't right and shouldn't be accepted by this community at all in any sort of form.

That's the thing for me... being from another generation is an excuse for being ignorant of something, it's not an excuse to carry on spreading ignorant shit when you're called out on something. If he hadn't doubled, then tripled and quadrupled down on the sexism, this easily could've blown over by now. A lot of people have said ignorant/hurtful shit on the site, gotten called out, and cleaned up their act (at least in public), but the community generally reacts poorly to people who dig in and try to stand their ground on gross shit they say.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

07-18-2019, 01:01 PMSamee Wrote:
07-17-2019, 05:47 PMjRuutu Wrote: PenKnight bad, we good. PenKnight bad, we good. PenKnight bad, we good.[/align]

[Image: AsrWOol.png]

Stop derailing my art

07-18-2019, 01:08 PMGrapehead Wrote: If he hadn't doubled, then tripled and quadrupled down on the sexism, this easily could've blown over by now.

Quadrupled? He went all the way down to the Earth's core, and beyond lmao. The shitshow was mostly his own doing because of how much worse he made himself look with every comment he made.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

07-18-2019, 01:08 PMGrapehead Wrote:
07-18-2019, 03:57 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: because shittin on clardy is a meme.

Also, these guys are fricken idiots for defending pink night. And when you get a community of around 300 people all across the world, you are guaranteed to have people to have shitty opinions or people you aren't going to like.

Look at penknight recent posts that he made today, all three of them show us that he is an anti-women bigot. women are a minority in this community and I hate to see people are actually defending penknight and saying ha he's from a different generation, he worded it badly, that's just his opinion, etc.

It's an opinion that simply isn't right and shouldn't be accepted by this community at all in any sort of form.

That's the thing for me... being from another generation is an excuse for being ignorant of something, it's not an excuse to carry on spreading ignorant shit when you're called out on something. If he hadn't doubled, then tripled and quadrupled down on the sexism, this easily could've blown over by now. A lot of people have said ignorant/hurtful shit on the site, gotten called out, and cleaned up their act (at least in public), but the community generally reacts poorly to people who dig in and try to stand their ground on gross shit they say.

At the same time it´s still ok for the group to keep throwing rocks at the guy who said ´gross shit´. When is it going to stop - when are those people getting called out for being just as toxic? PenKnight now has a certain reputation not just in SHL, but in other leagues as well - bit harsh ´punishment´ for saying what you think, no?

People in the past had a lot thicker skin than people today, these days people just wait and wait just to get offended about something.

07-18-2019, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote: People in the past had a lot thicker skin than people today, these days people just wait and wait just to get offended about something.

wow you have definitely got me all figured out, I have only been here this whole time waiting for somebody to say I "invaded hockey" and to make me feel like I don't belong here so I could pursue my one true joy in life, being offended.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-18-2019, 03:49 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
07-18-2019, 03:36 PMjRuutu Wrote: People in the past had a lot thicker skin than people today, these days people just wait and wait just to get offended about something.

wow you have definitely got me all figured out, I have only been here this whole time waiting for somebody to say I "invaded hockey" and to make me feel like I don't belong here so I could pursue my one true joy in life, being offended.

But is that person who says those things going to actually stop you from doing what you want? If one person is able to stop you from doing what you want simply by saying you don´t belong where you are going - is it possible that the chances of you actually making it is not that high? How is it possible that one person can stop you with his/her words?

07-18-2019, 01:08 PMGrapehead Wrote:
07-18-2019, 03:57 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: because shittin on clardy is a meme.

This is all correct. If in the original TD he had just said "you're right I fucked up" then we'd have all gotten over this by now

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2019, 04:10 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

07-18-2019, 04:04 PMjRuutu Wrote:
07-18-2019, 03:49 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: wow you have definitely got me all figured out, I have only been here this whole time waiting for somebody to say I "invaded hockey" and to make me feel like I don't belong here so I could pursue my one true joy in life, being offended.

But is that person who says those things going to actually stop you from doing what you want? If one person is able to stop you from doing what you want simply by saying you don´t belong where you are going - is it possible that the chances of you actually making it is not that high? How is it possible that one person can stop you with his/her words?

We all want PK to realize he's being sexist and stop but he's made it clear he won't. Which means he deserves all the shit he gets. You want to be ignorant? Sure whatever this forum generally allows for free speech as long as it's not a personal attack outside of reason. But you're gonna get shit on because you're being ignorant. Sexism isn't okay, full stop. You don't get a free pass from the consequences of being sexist because calling people out for being sexist is "mean". Fuck outta here with that shit. I'm past caring if he changes, I just want him to shut up. You see his sig? Fucking "Battle of the Sexes". He's being an asshat and proud of it.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

07-18-2019, 03:49 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: wow you have definitely got me all figured out, I have only been here this whole time waiting for somebody to say I "invaded hockey" and to make me feel like I don't belong here so I could pursue my one true joy in life, being offended.

i mean your entire argument is that PenKnight got stopped from doing what he wants by people with their words so I think it's pretty reasonable to see how this could happen if a member feels unwelcome

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

It isn't just about "that person." And honestly, it's not even really about me personally, it's about setting the standard for the culture we want to exist in, so maybe someday my daughter doesn't have to hear some guy tell her that she shouldn't pursue her dream job. Maybe this one guy being an asshat isn't going to actually change my life, but when we're surrounded by that kind of attitude, how do we choose which people to call out and which ones not to? It's about drawing a line and saying "this attitude is not okay and I am not going to be silent and shrug it off and pretend it is okay just so I don't make somebody feel bad about their antiquated bigoted views." If we don't call it out when we see it, we send the message that it's okay, or at the very least that it isn't something we're willing to stand up for. Why should this guy get a free pass (especially when he has demonstrated that he is absolutely unwilling to admit that he might be wrong about this, and just decided to double down and say even worse things when he was called out)?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

"Silence encourages the tormentor, not the tormented"

-Some quote I saw a while ago

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

07-18-2019, 04:15 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
07-18-2019, 04:04 PMjRuutu Wrote: But is that person who says those things going to actually stop you from doing what you want? If one person is able to stop you from doing what you want simply by saying you don´t belong where you are going - is it possible that the chances of you actually making it is not that high? How is it possible that one person can stop you with his/her words?

It isn't just about "that person." And honestly, it's not even really about me personally, it's about setting the standard for the culture we want to exist in, so maybe someday my daughter doesn't have to hear some guy tell her that she shouldn't pursue her dream job. Maybe this one guy being an asshat isn't going to actually change my life, but when we're surrounded by that kind of attitude, how do we choose which people to call out and which ones not to? It's about drawing a line and saying "this attitude is not okay and I am not going to be silent and shrug it off and pretend it is okay just so I don't make somebody feel bad about their antiquated bigoted views." If we don't call it out when we see it, we send the message that it's okay, or at the very least that it isn't something we're willing to stand up for. Why should this guy get a free pass (especially when he has demonstrated that he is absolutely unwilling to admit that he might be wrong about this, and just decided to double down and say even worse things when he was called out)?

Hugely agree on the daughter part. I love my fiancee and I hope some day I'll have a daughter I love even more. If either of them got told they should stop pursuing their dream job because they have a vagina I'd probably go ballistic.