Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment

05-29-2019, 01:22 PM.bojo Wrote: I don't think it should punished as badly as a private tampering. But idk enough to argue tbh

Yeah I agree with this

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-29-2019, 01:44 PMTommySalami Wrote: Poor ruling imo and I have literally no connection to Minnesota, in fact this happening to a conference team is a huge advantage. Beneath the rule in the rulebook there is a post for clarification. It reads:

Quote:Alright so there were some good points in the thread yesterday that not a lot of people understand where the line is when it comes to tampering. The rule as I plan to interpret it, is when a player or GM from another team seeks another member outside of the SHL public forums with the intent of asking them to try to join their team. (so this would include pms, other websites, messengers etc.)

The reason I say outside of the public forum, is because what do you actually gain by posting something about wanting someone to join your team in a place where everyone can see, what advantage does it give you? There's a big difference between something you are willing to say in front of everyone and something you say outside of the league's eye. What the league doesn't want is people behind closed doors colluding together or trying to gain players in a way that is against the rules.

If you guys take it too far and outside of the realm of fun, we'll have to take it in a stricter sense but I hope that's not the case. Please everyone take tampering seriously, because I know a lot of people were like well everyone does it, hopefully letting people know they can say things in the public forum is totally acceptable hopefully that will eliminate all the "back room" tampering that occurs in the league. Which is what we really want to get rid of.

Summary:
  • Purpose of the rule is to prevent "back room tampering" which we can all agree 100% this is not.
  • It clearly states the rule should be interpreted as "when a player or GM from another team seeks another member outside of the SHL public forums with the intent of asking them to try to join their team."
  • The interpretation even includes later re-visiting the rule if people "take it too far" which almost 100% of us agree this did.

While it would be nice to say this is unreasonable, it's not supported by the interpretation linked in the rule book. I'm all for re-visiting the rule, and in fact that's what the rulebook says we should do if the current system is abused. The rulebook does not say to punish that team with tampering. Daco is an asshole for what he did, but you can't punish someone for being an asshole when the rules are in their favour.
You’re quoting a rulebook adjustment from 2013. Since then the rule has been adjusted further, to keep public tampering “within reason”. Malicious, targeted tampering is not within reason.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 01:59 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

EDIT: Looks like WBF and Tommy already addressed this

Minnesota may actually have a pretty good defense for their case here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?s=1...t&p=703872

Alright so there were some good points in the thread yesterday that not a lot of people understand where the line is when it comes to tampering. The rule as I plan to interpret it, is when a player or GM from another team seeks another member outside of the SHL public forums with the intent of asking them to try to join their team. (so this would include pms, other websites, messengers etc.)

The reason I say outside of the public forum, is because what do you actually gain by posting something about wanting someone to join your team in a place where everyone can see, what advantage does it give you? There's a big difference between something you are willing to say in front of everyone and something you say outside of the league's eye. What the league doesn't want is people behind closed doors colluding together or trying to gain players in a way that is against the rules.

If you guys take it too far and outside of the realm of fun, we'll have to take it in a stricter sense but I hope that's not the case. Please everyone take tampering seriously, because I know a lot of people were like well everyone does it, hopefully letting people know they can say things in the public forum is totally acceptable hopefully that will eliminate all the "back room" tampering that occurs in the league. Which is what we really want to get rid of.

That final like right there makes this actually seem pretty cut and dry.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

been a minute since we've seen a classic shitstorm thread

[Image: cover5.jpg]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

05-29-2019, 01:11 PMGooney Wrote: 8^)
8^)

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Lol

05-29-2019, 01:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: EDIT: Looks like WBF and Tommy already addressed this

Minnesota may actually have a pretty good defense for their case here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?s=1...t&p=703872

Alright so there were some good points in the thread yesterday that not a lot of people understand where the line is when it comes to tampering. The rule as I plan to interpret it, is when a player or GM from another team seeks another member outside of the SHL public forums with the intent of asking them to try to join their team. (so this would include pms, other websites, messengers etc.)

[Image: 326c7n.jpg]

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 02:08 PM by Sean.)

05-29-2019, 01:53 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: You’re quoting a rulebook adjustment from 2013. Since then the rule has been adjusted further, to keep public tampering “within reason”. Malicious, targeted tampering is not within reason.

The rulebook as it is currently written:

Quote:Tampering is defined as approaching a player under contract with another team outside of the public forums, with the purpose of persuading them to join your team
This includes any private discussion involving leaving the team with whom the player is under contract with the purpose of joining the offender’s team
Public comments are allowed within reason. For example, no member may offer or discuss a contract to a player currently under contract with another team either in public or in private.
See this thread for clarification

My quote is from the "see this thread for clarification". The rulebook as it is currently written interprets this situation and comes to the conclusion that this is not tampering, but that the rule should be changed as a result of Daco taking it too far.

The rule should be changed imo and Minnesota should not be punished.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

05-29-2019, 02:07 PMMayuu Wrote:
05-29-2019, 01:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: EDIT: Looks like WBF and Tommy already addressed this

[Image: 326c7n.jpg]

That is in the current rulebook

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 02:11 PM by Waters.)

it not being covered in the rulebook is addressed in the OP of this thread

you can argue their interpretation (not sure why you would, the offense literally targeted one team and openly discussed what they would be able to provide over that one team), but you can't argue HO's ability to enforce in this situation.

I think a clearer ruleset regarding this kind of situation should be written. However, the rules were still broken and the punishment for tampering is known and clear.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

05-29-2019, 02:07 PMMayuu Wrote: [Image: 326c7n.jpg]

05-29-2019, 01:40 PMBuster Wrote:
05-29-2019, 01:27 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: You thought you'd be picked in round 1?

I’m expecting to dropped to 14th again tbh

Miss you babe

14th is the spot all good washed up members get picked at

And I miss you too, good to see you back <3

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

05-29-2019, 01:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
05-29-2019, 01:47 PMTheRealBK Wrote: That's a yikes from me, friend.
holy shit hi bk
I thought u were ded

Might be dead inside, but I'm still alive. I just lurk on the threads now.

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

this is fucked up

ho turn on location