Create Account

S52 PT #4 - The Anthology Vol. III (oh no my numbers are off now)

The biggest difference for Prince Devitt when coming from the Juniors with the Kelowna Knights to the SHL with the Calgary Dragons was the speed of the game and how faster it was for Prince Devitt initially. Him being in his late thirties it's a little hard for Prince Devitt to adjust to things quickly. He had to work on his power skating and his agility a little in the off season leading to his rookie season in the SHL. He knew he wasn't gonna be the big point getter on the Blueline with guys like Otis B. Driftwood and Brennan Kennedy ahead of him in the lineup, but it was about being on the penalty kill as well as using the body to wearing the opponent out so that some opponents can't use their speed to their advantage when deeper into the game. Devitt is poised now to eventually succeed those two in the near future on the Calgary Dragons.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Well, I can certainly say that my first season in the J was nothing short of magical. I was a bright eyed rookie for the first time and soaking up/learning everything about the SHL was so wondrous. My teammates in Anaheim were all so informative and patient as there's a bit of a learning curve when first joining the league. I was just happy to take part and help the team out by updating and training as much as I could. Basically TPE whoring, as can be said for many rookies. I wasn’t exactly a standout performer as I tried a skating/pass first build which was just…not good. But the team that year was phenomenal. St. Louis was the big bad back to back champions and we were down 3-2 to them in the conference finals. We came back to beat them and then eventually become the champions in the next series in seven games too. I’ll never forget that first season.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Was it hard to go from college to the SMJHL? No, it wasn't because I'm a freaking savage. I got kicked out of Denver University and ended up having to make the leap mid-season to the SMJHL. I got a contract offer from the Anaheim Outlaws and I knew that it would be a good idea to go to the league and get my bag. The hardest part was probalby the drinking. me and the boys would throw them back in college, but the big leagues? They're the big leagues for a reason. Keg stands every night win or lose. Did I like that adjustment? Absolutely love it, obviously. But it was still difficult to be able to manage drinking as much and as frequently as these guys do. Outside of that, training was the same. I busted my balls no matter what and will never stop grinding so hard. This leap to the league isn't the end, its the beginning. Lets eat.

[Image: dakiller11.gif]
somebody please make me a sig

I have honor of playing for greatest team in the SMJHL, Colorado Raptors. I arrive at team with classmate bird who is mostly drinking buddy and is capable of way more than should be humanly possible. I have had great time adapting to locker room and telling teammates to not touch equipment in locker room. Unlike other goalies, I played immediately in starting role at Colorado with call up of previous goalie despite being third overall drafted goalie. After breakout season, I have successfully infiltrated team and become major part of team identity and big influence on finish in season two. Early in career I managed to become influence and leader in team locker room somehow. Hardest part of adjusting to SMJHL was being alone and away from family for all of this time. After spending whole life around family and country, it is difficult to make big move to new country, with new language and culture.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2020, 10:38 AM by Fluw.)

Nadeau's leap into the SMJHL was something magical. He was drafted by an expansion team , the Lethbridge Lions, and there were hardly any expectations for them to perform well. In his first season in the SMHJL as expected Nadeau finished middle of the pack among goalies on an under performing Lions team that ended near the bottom of the league that year. The next two season Nadeau made himself stand out from the rest of the goalies in the league winning GOTY for two years in a row and being nominated for the Ideena Fallah trophy both times those years. Nadeau went from being a nothing player to a superstar in the SMJHL and an all-star level goalie in the minors. The moment that honestly made Nadeau the star he was was his bond with his teammates, Luffy, Joln DuBolk, and his backup Carpy. All the players on the team at the time, helped Nadeau grow and thrive in that league and it was probably the highlight of Nadeau's professional playing career.

-I forgot some names, i just woke up. Im sorry D:

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

My time with the St. Louis Scarecrows was full of many awesome memories and even better people. I missed the draft and was given the chance to sign with any team. I was in talks with a few teams, but the Scarecrows just felt like the right fit for me. I got to play for an incredible front office, (@TML99 @JKortesi81) on a line with one of the best wingers currently in the SHL, (@Nictox) in front of an incredible goalie, (@SlashACM) and with the best fanbase in the SMJHL. I can honestly say I experienced nothing but positives in my time there. I was even lucky enough to win back to back 4 Star Cups with those amazing team mates.I could spend hours talking about all the great people I played with, but for fear of missing someone, I will just mention the few I already have. The St. Louis Scarecrows are the best team in the SMJHL, and I don't think its close.

Cassius Darrow had a remarkable juniors career for the Colorado Raptors. In 150 career regular season games, Darrow scored exactly 100 points, good for (at that time) 18th in franchise history, and he was one of several recent two-time captains for his team, wearing the C in S45 and S46. In S44, after seeing many of his teammates traded away at the deadline, he helped lead the young scrappy meme team to the Four Star Cup Finals versus St. Louis. This meme team led by Scottey Crawfling stands in the history books for all to reference to this day.

After the season, Darrow won Colorado’s Rookie of the Year trophy, was a finalist for the Anrikkanen Trophy for league ROTY the Elias Armia Trophy (awarded by the Commissioner), and won the SMJHL’s Most Dedicated Trophy (alongside Luke Thomason). While the rest of his juniors career was not as award studded, he had a hell of a career for the Raptors, leading them to name the Rookie of the Year Trophy after him, starting in S51.

Darrow also sits in the top 10 for career shot blocks, holds the franchise record for playoff shot blocks, and is well cemented in the top ten for career playoff scoring and career playoff minutes played*.

*numbers may vary, considering Bojo Box is dead, but we’ll have better numbers soon!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Viktor Marius was called up early In his career after a suffering lose to a team from Pince George Firebirds in the 4 star cup with the Detroit falcons. The Detroit falcons had helped the young Latvian forward the opportunity.to shine after being drafted in the 5th round of the SMJHL draft. The lowly touted prospect developed into the best forward in his draft class because Lokitonov is a slug.

Marius called up to Buffalo and began his career slogging 3rd line minutes which after a slow rookie season, took off in his sophomore year. The points against worse competition showed the league that this kid was a steal as a second round drag pick. Marius went through a couple setbacks however, on and off ice issues stunted his development and he had a nagging injury Take him out of his stride. That being said his tenaity and hard work ended up developing him into the star he is today.

Poopity Scoop came into the SMJHL as something like a third round pick in the SMJHL by the Detroit Falcons. To him, it was a bit insulting as he felt like he should have gone much higher and felt that he even could have been better than anyone that came before him. However, he was happy to be taken by Detroit and the team lived up to its expectations as he had a good couple seasons in the SMJHL before he went up to the SHL. He had a great final season as a junior, recording the highest single season plus minus in Detroit Falcons history and also winning the Vidrik Onoprienko Award as the SMJHL's most underrated player. Unfortunately, the Falcons were unable to win the Four Star Cup but Poopity Scoop had a good time with the Falcons and will always have fond memories of the team. Today, he plays with a handful of former teammates with the Falcons and fellow alumni with the Stampede.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

My time in the SMJHL wasn't the worst for me, I guess. I was initially thinking this was like being expelled to Siberia to die. Turns out, it was even worse. I had to go to Anchorage, Alaska. Think of how ridiculous that is.

It wasn't the worst thing in the world, huddling up for warmth anywhere you could find it at night because they live like cavemen up there. But the worst part really was, it was too cold and the ice wasn't slick enough to work with easily! It was great strength training, but man, they could've used some kind of tech to keep it from being sticky cold.

Beyond that, don't even get me started on the general manager. The guy had no clue what was going on it felt like. I mean, he drafted Jonatan Bach in the second round! Meanwhile, @ml002 even sent me and my only buddy on the team to literal hell on earth itself -- St. Louis.

I just cannot fathom how he thought that was a good idea, or even how he thought he could get away with it. There's a reason he isn't there anymore, and there's a reason the team is successful finally.

All in all, it was a fine experience, but man am I glad to be home in Manhattan.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Jumping from Big 10 hockey to the SMJHL was actually pretty smooth, at least for Darnell. Transitioning for him was less focused on adapting to new tactics and faster play and more about physically bulking up and getting some better skating legs under him. No doubt, being a stay at home defenseman let him hide some of those weaknesses early on. Working with the coaching staff in Anchorage was a pleasant experience, too, and he instantly fit in with their draft class. There was even another defenseman named Johnson! How often must that happen? The hardest part of the transition was probably the move to Anchorage and adapting to the climate there. Going from St Pete to South Bend every few months had been manageable, but the trip to and from Alaska was much harder to prepare for, and he was much less able to jump on a plane and fly home when he liked. Also, the climate? Fuck that.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

The leap to the SMJHL was a bit of a transition period for Morgan, as he only received his eligibility after the draft had begun, and all teams had their prospects, they had already been training together and then there was just some new guy in limbo, waiting for someone to approach him.

Thankfully his agent knew some people around the league and that helped him get some calls. However, when speaking to then assistant GM of the Vancouver Whalers, Luke, they clicked. That conversation was what made him believe he fit in with the team and could make a positive impact. Obviously it wasn’t going to be easy, and it took some time to get used to, but it was well worth it.

The Class of Season 47 rookies on that team was fantastic, and Morgan thanks all of them for their impact on his career. While he doesn’t play with any of them, maybe one day their paths will cross again and they can win a Challenge Cup together, just like they did in the SMJHL.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Moving to the SMJHL was one of the best experiences of my life. As much as I love my home nation of Ireland, the hockey opportunities were just not the same. Facilities were limited, coaches were hard to come by, and when we practiced we all had to share one puck. So it made sense that I always dreamed of playing in a bigger market, I knew I had the talent to play in a bigger market. I always thought that I would end up in some second-tier European team but when I heard there were SMJHL GMs making calls about me I let myself finally believe I could play in North America. But after waiting for 13 rounds to hear my name called I was still waiting and my belief started to slip that I would ever play, but then I got the call from @JNH that I was going to Lethbridge and I determined to make it all the way to the top, to show that 3rd-tier hockey markets can produce 1st tier talent.

[Image: 4bGW0Vw.png]

The leap to the SHL was hard. I was on an expansion team, coming from an expansion team. We were good in Anaheim, but going to Chicago we were still learning. We got a taste of the league in my first year, I had a career low in points, which was fine, but the team as a whole was super young. It took a few season, but we got together and made a run in my 3rd year. I was also up for the Stevens, which is defensive player of the year, which was super exciting. We are just trying to improve every year, so this has been great for Chicago. Eventually we should be a contender even as early as this year. So the transition between the two leagues was HUGE. Chicago made it super easy though, and I appreciate them for that. Hopefully going forward we can continue to grow and win, cause I think we have a solid core.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]