Create Account

S55 mPT #1 - Home Ice Advantage

It’s very clear that the Anchorage Armada have the best home ice advantage in the SMJHL. The team is used to the freezing temperatures in the arena and beyond. So they’re naturally going to be more prepared than a team like Anaheim, Kelowna, Vancouver, and Nevada. Two of those teams are also the Armada’s new divisional rivals. Not to mention the crowd chants. Whenever TURG TURG touches the puck, the crowd goes absolutely bananas with chants of “TURG TURG TURG TURG!” And you can’t forget the “Bork is gonna kill you!” chants. Imagine being a visiting team and you hear the entire crowd telling you that a 6’3”, 286 lbs monster is going to translate your life into death. Very intimidating for opposing teams.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

I think it might be NOLA. The party atmosphere is tantalizing within the city and god forbid someone finds there way to the french quarter. That paired with the crowd leads to a very tough city to play in. Hangovers and Hecklers will do it.

Well, uh... it used to be Winnipeg. Before they brought me in, there was this cult of Vampires that you probably would not hear about unless someone mentioned it to you. Now, the Jets' HO apparently knew of it but they thought it would not be a problem since they imagined that ninjas lose to them as they lose to pirates. That... didn't exactly hold up, hence the used to be.

Hell of a way to make a first impression, that's for sure.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

NOLA has home ice advantage. I saw players hanging a bourbon street earlier today. Not even social distancing. SMH my head. Comparable to Vegas curse.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

One of the toughest barns I've had to play in during my time in the SMJHL is definitely Prospera Place in Kelowna. It's close to Vancouver, but that doesn't mean it's friendly territory in the slightest. With the exception of S1, the two teams have continuously coexisted for the entire duration of the SMJHL, and with the Whalers having 10 championships and the Knights with 11, there's a ton of history and rivalry on both sides. Whenever we play in Kelowna, we know we're going to face a crowd that will loudly defend their home ice, and those fans absolutely despise the Whalers. Especially with this divisional realignment that means we could play the Knights up to 14 times this season, we're going to have to arm ourselves to deal with a hostile crowd who is very passionate about their team.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Which SHL or SMJHL team has the most significant Home Ice Advantage? Feel free to try and use stats from this season or the history of the league if you want to find the real answer; also feel free to make something up based on things like local fan base, in-arena ice and entertainment, goal songs, GM mischief, etc.

Everyone knows that cows have 4 stomachs. Arguably the greatest set of stomachs on any animal of all time. It is with that gift i have been able to intuit that the Minnesota Chiefs have the strongest home-ice advantage in the league. With those four chambers, I am able to trust my gut x4 in knowing that something is in the frozen water in Minnesota. They perennially (or however years work in the SHL) have a bottom half team however always seem to beat the Edmonton Blizzard, or at least play them much closer than they should.

Some research:
In s52, the Chiefs went: 19-24-7, tied for 13th in the league. That same year, when Edmonton fucking killed it and went 29-18-3. However, in their overlapping 6 games: Minnesota won 4-1-1. It has been similar on FHM, i believe (#TeamHeuristics), but i cant locate the league files necessary :(

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 12:53 AM by Jumbobone19.)

The team that has the best Home Ice Advantage is the Kelowna Knights as evidence by their record -1080 - 838 - 194 (0.511) and the 11 Four Star Cups. That is the most Championships one team, from the same location, has won in either the SHL or the SMJHL. So Kelowna home ice advantage is the real deal.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Anchorage Armada have the best home field advantage because Bork Lazer can literally get so drunk before games. Bork Lazer has whooped every security guards ass in the arena he is able to bring in any alcohol into the arena due to them being afraid of getting their ass whooped.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Detroit has the best home ice advantage because the GM doesn't allow opposing fans to enter the building and I'm pretty sure I once saw him beating up one of the other players kids.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 05:10 AM by Katth.)

So my homer pick would obviously to say the Kelowna Knights have the best home ice advantage in the SMJHL, but is there any truth to it? Let’s pull up some numbers of each teams hometown, population, championships and win percentage.

Outlaws Anaheim Outlaws
Hometown: Anaheim
Population: 350,365
Championships: 2
Win %: .504

Armada Anchorage Armada
Hometown: Anchorage
Population: 294,356
Championships: 5
Win %: .477

Kraken Carolina Kraken
Hometown: Charlotte
Population: 873,498
Championships: 8
Win %: .516

Raptors Colorado Raptors
Hometown: Denver
Population: 619,968
Championships: 1
Win %: .470

Falcons Detroit Falcons
Hometown: Detroit
Population: 672,662
Championships: 6
Win %: .532

Knights Kelowna Knights
Hometown: Kelowna
Population: 132,084
Championships: 11
Win %: .511

Timber Maine Timber
Hometown: Augusta
Population: 201,554
Championships: 2
Win %: .448

Battleborn Nevada Battleborn
Hometown: Las Vegas
Population: 644,644
Championships: 0
Win %: N/A

Berserkers Newfoundland Berserkers
Hometown: St. John's
Population: 113,948
Win %: .500

Citadelles Quebec City Citadelles
Hometown: Quebec City
Population: 542,298
Win %: N/A

Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows
Hometown: St. Louis
Population: 318,069
Championships: 7
Win %: .509

Whalers Vanvoucer Whalers
Hometown: Vancouver
Population: 675,218
Championships: 10
Win %: .519

Now looking at these numbers we can see that Kelowna Knights have the most championships at 11 with Vancouver Whalers following at 10. The Detroit Falcons have by far the best winpercentage with .532, but they only have 6 championships. But to determine which team has the best home ice advantage I will rank each team on the following metrics: Ranking based on championships per citizen and ranking based on winpercentage. I will score each metric from 1 to 10, because I will ignore Quebec and Nevada in this as they are new expansion teams and have no winpercentage at the moment.

Championships per citizen
1. Knights 0,0832803368
2. Scarecrows 0,0220078033
3. Armada 0,0169862344
4. Whalers 0,0148100317
5. Timber 0,0099228991
6. Kraken 0,0091585785
7. Falcons 0,0089197844
8. Outlaws 0,0057083327
9. Raptors 0,0016129865
10. Berserkers 0

The Kelowna Knights take this one by a landslide following by St. Louis Scarecrows. The Whalers with their 10 championships can be found on spot 4.

Winpercentage
1. Falcons .532
2. Whalers .519
3. Kraken .516
4. Knights .511
5. Scarecrows .509
6. Outlaws .504
7. Berserkers .500
8. Armada .477
9. Raptors .470
10. Timber .448

As mentioned earlier the Detroit Falcons have the best winpercentage of all teams in the SMJHL by a big margin, followed by the Whalers and Kraken.

So if we add these two metrics, how do the teams rank with the best home ice advantage?

1. Knights 5
2. Whalers 6
3. Scarecrows 7
4. Falcons 8
5. Kraken 9
6. Armada 11
7. Outlaws 14
8. Timber 15
9. Berserkers 17
10. Raptors 18

There you have it. The Kelowna Knights is the the team with the best home ice advantage in the SMJHL.

Knights

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

New Orleans has the best home ice advantage because the local building management pays off the refs to turn a blind eye towards their lack of a 3rd line centre.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Im just looking at last season standings as they are easily available and I don't really feel like doing much work, specially when I know that Texas did very well last season at home. And looking at data confirms that, we had home record of 18-5-2 which has us at tied 3rd for points at home games and while top of the league performed well on both home and away we on the other hand had more than double wins at home showing we performed expectionally well there. Other team with more than double wins is Winnipeg who won 13 but I say we still had an edge here.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

The team with the biggest home ice advantage has to be the New England Wolfpack. Take the typical Boston-toughness and assholery and combine it with weird Pony-shit and you have one of the most disturbing atmosphere imaginable for any away team coming into town.

The Kelowna Knights have the best home ice advantage this upcoming season because of the new ice pad that they've installed this season. The synthetic ice is different from any other team's rink and will throw away players off of their game.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 08:50 AM by CaptainCrazy.)

Colorado Raptors has the most significant home ice advantage because every home game we give free souvenirs to the most luckiest fans. Every game 1 player has to write his signature to every souvenir. In the next home game it is Asclepius Perseus Flitterwind's turn to sign those souvenirs. Here are all souvenirs that will be given to our fans in the next match.

[Image: COLjerseys34.jpg] [Image: COLjerseys2.jpg] [Image: COLjerseys.jpg]

Three different Raptors' jerseys to our 3 luckiest fans.

[Image: 711-CMYc-XRk-L-AC-SS350.jpg]

10 Raptors' cups

[Image: pngtree-3d-crystal-ball-snow-scene-music...944334.jpg]

5 crystal balls

[Image: 951021-35737-1342720617.jpg]

10 towels

[Image: 633-6337231-puzzle-pieces-photoshop-puzz...wnload.jpg]

10 puzzles. These puzzles are our newest souvenir.

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]