Create Account

S57 mPT #1 - Offseason Moves

Tampa bay calling up matty forester and panda pancio has added much need activity and depth to the pro club. Let's not forget elwulf jericson as well on the blueline as dmen have been hard to find in the league lately

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

The Calgary Dragons were in a really interesting spot coming into the offseason. They just had an extremely dominant run in season fifty six finishing first place in the western conference and only a couple points back of the Hamilton Steelhawks for first place in the entire SHL. However, after getting the first round bye in the playoffs, the Dragons had a disappointing series loss to the Edmonton Blizzard.

Coming into season fifty seven the Calgary Dragons are aging significantly in some areas especially on defense and goaltending which were their bread and butter being carried by great defense combined with great goaltending last season. A lot of the hockey analysts were wondering what is going to happen to Calgary this season as many people have no idea what is going to happen with the team this season and when father time is going to catch up to them and bring them down from being a top team in the western conference.
Despite a lot of pundits expecting the Calgary Dragons to start dropping off, I do not see them taking a huge step back at all from their elite level team performance last season. They are still rolling a very strong lineup and comparable to Edmonton's roster and compete for that top spot in the west. While there is a lot of focus on the aging core of this team, there are also three amazing call ups that stood out to me which were great moves on the part of the Calgary Dragons organization.

Call up number 1: Backup goaltender Cale Amundsen @Wally . Cale has arguably had one of the best junior careers as a goaltender in the SMJHL in history over the last four seasons. The young star netminder reached over an incredible one hundred regular season wins on top of an impressive twenty three shutouts. He's also won multiple awards including the Anrikkanen and Corcoran along with a Four Star Cup. He’s been the Berserkers MVP since day one and I expect him to just build on this in the big leagues. He’s even been a stellar on-call back up for the Dragons the past two seasons posting a record of seven wins, two losses and one overtime loss with an impressive four shutouts! The guy is flat out legendary and I cannot wait to see what he can do for the Dragons with an unbanked build. Amundsen is going to be a real difference maker for Calgary this season especially with the added backup games requirement with the next sixty game season. As the Dragons future starter I have no doubt he Cale is going to backstop the Dragons to a championship or two and have a long successful career.

Call up number 2: Third line winger Mack Daddy @Mack . Mack was an extremely underrated late second round pick for the Dragons who had a sneakily good career in the juniors. He is the total package who can play a strong two way game being extremely reliable in his own end and also chip in on the scoreboard. Daddy has had one of the best progressions within his draft class which has earned him the early call up to a great veterans Dragons team. Expect for Mack to surprise a lot of people this season and be a key contributor for Calgary.

Call up number 3: Third line winger Mats Marner. Marner has been tearing up the league with New Foundland and also racking up awards, winning the Lindsay, Hanson, Most Improved Player Award and Martucci among others accolades in season fifty five when he was the most dominant player in the juniors having a one of a kind season helping lead the Berserkers to a Four Star Cup. Marner is a two time All-Star, received two time All SMJHL Team Honours. After being selected sixth overall Marner is looking to make a splash in the big leagues this season and hopefully be in the rookie of the year talks.

Word Count: 669

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I was incredibly impressed by the move that the New England Wolfpack made to acquire the first overall pick in the draft!

They traded away draft picks that they didn’t need to be able to draft the best player available! It was a very good move for the team to make.

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

I believe that The Tampa Bay Barracuda trading away their 1st overall pick this draft to the New England Wolfpack was a smart play. The Barracuda have a ton of high quality prospects in their system and don’t need another top three in order to push forward their rebuild; They are able to make the quantity over quality trade to help bolster their future prospect pool and give them more options for trading in the future.

76 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

I think the Texas Renegades made a very good move in picking up Cillian Kavanagh. However, that means he'll be leaving the San Francisco Pride, which is a blow to us. Just another thing we have to rebuild. We can do it, though!

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

I think that San Francisco did a great job with what they had in the draft. They were able to pick up a number of solid prospects to try to rebuild their depleted core. This should help as they try to build for the future of the team.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Well what better way to improve your team than dropping two d-men at about 450 tpe each and adding two other d-men by means of free agency. The addition of riley veterans Chico Smeb (1018 TPE) and Eric Vanderberg (1023 TPE) will no dougt come and solidify our back end and have a reputable 3rd pairing. With already the 6th best team defense last season, the recent moves will propell the Blizzard back to the top of the Western conference.

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

The Hamilton Steelhawks had an absolute STEAL with their last selection in the S57 SHL Entry Draft, by selecting none other than Anchorage Right Winger Tokkulu Lakkamaa. From a completely unbiased point of view, I believe that Lakkamaa should've gone higher. Highest even! Sad!

[Image: izzy.PNG]

I believe the Platoon have had a great offseason. GM JR and Zoone did not do too much and is just letting the process do its job. This is allowing their young players to develop and not trying to make any moves to speed up the process. I do like their signings of some older veterans. This allows them to have a better standing as a team currently as they can evaluate what they have on the ice and how their future pieces will fit in

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

The Tampa Bay Barracuda made the best offseason move this year by re-signing Justin Keahi. A young forward that isn't afraid to hit with plenty of room to develop? It's a no brainer and any team would be lucky to sign him.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Many teams had a great offseason, but none went better than the San Francisco Pride, who drafted not one, but TWO players from the Quebec City Citadelles. This brings them up to three in total.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

[Image: goodtrade.jpg]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

Baltimore's decision to open up the flood gates of their prospect pool is excellent. I'm not saying it will translate to immediate success but it will create a motivated group of youngsters that will be able to experience the big league stresses of the SHL and get in the right mental space earlier than others in their classes. The future is now.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Three big moves for the Dragons this off-season, calling up prospect superstars Mats Marner, Cale Amundsen and Mack Daddy. All of them are more than ready for the SHL and we expect them to have strong impacts in their rookie seasons as they continue to develop quickly and reload the Dragons roster with high-end talent.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

The San Francisco Pride had a strong draft this offseason and were smart by taking a lot of shots on later round players that may or may not pan out – a luxury afforded to the team by having very few active roster players.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride