Create Account

S57 PT #4 - Rivalry Week

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

Absolutely it is the St. Louis Scarecrows. Not only is St. Louis the closest team geographically to the Falcons it also has held a lot of animosity between the two teams going way back into history. To bring up history that myself knows, The Scarecrows and the Falcons had ferocious battles back in the late S10s and early S20s when both teams were managed by legendary manager Esa (Detroit) and JP (St. Louis). Around then STL and Detroit would fight tooth and nail to make the finals in the conference finals every year. Since then, partnered with being in the same conference, these teams have had fighting battles for almost 50 seasons, basically since STL came into the league. Detroit holds the higher ground being an older and more storied franchise. St. Louis is newer (though not by much) and has had less success. Really they are like the younger brother Falcons, so go Detroit fuck the Crows

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

It's pretty obvious that the Chicago Syndicate has not one, but two main rivals : the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Buffalo Stampede. Now before you tell me "that's almost all of the Great Lakes division" and that there's surely one ahead of the other, let me tell you you'd probably be right. However, I really can't figure it out. On one hand, you have the Steelhawks: the power-hungry performance junkies who just steamroll over everyone year-in, year-out. On the other, you have the slick trade-masterminds who just seem to always figure out a way to make everything go their way. And between the two, you have the Syndicate, trying to make its way to a division title we'd probably have gotten long ago in any other division. When you're third in not only your division, but also in the conference and even the whole league, you can't help but have equal hatred for the two teams ahead of you.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

In shocking news that will be a surprise to no one the Knights' biggest rival is our not-too-distant neighbors over in Vancouver.  I'm not super well-versed on the history of the rivalry beyond knowing it's been in place since before my time in the league, but I'm in my 4th season in Kelowna and can confirm that I hate the Whalers.  I have some personal reasons to dislike them, but just looking at how the J is currently constructed Vancouver is a divisional rival (currently sitting at the bottom where they belong) and also the reigning champ to boot tying the Knights for most 4-star wins in league history with their latest victory.  Personally last season's playoff series is what did it for me.  After our upset victory over Anaheim the Knights drew the Whalers for our second round matchup and as I've been known to do I started talking shit.  I was high on life after that victory and believed that our ragtag bunch of players stood a chance against a team that we had traded two of our best forwards to.  I was pretty outspoken just how much I believed in the team and jumped on twitter to chirp at Vancouver.  Fast forward a couple days and a Vancouver player pinged me in the S55 server telling me to watch myself which just rubbed me the wrong way.  I may be off in my interpretation, but I took that as this player taking the matchup at bit too seriously (at the end of the day this is all just fake hockey for fun) and actually trying to threaten me.  I could be totally off base here just with Discord being text-based so I have no context around tone, but that didn't sit well with me and generated some bad blood.  So yeah... fuck the Whalers.

The St. Louis Scarecrows are the team I look most forward to playing and beating from a personal standpoint. Since I was drafted into the SMJHL on my beloved Falcons they seemed to be the team we chased all the time in the division and was always looking to push ahead of. My first playoff experience as a rookie was vs them and they beat us in four games that were all really really close and the absolute agony of losing like that to someone you play so many times a season played a bit part. It seems like the team agrees that they are a team we play up for and want to beat every time as atmosphere in the locker room picks up every time we hit the ice vs them. No one likes to lose against them and there are cheers all around every time we lay a big hit or make a huge play.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

EVO: CAROLINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RESO: Yeah, leave Emeka on this one, but in case its not obvious, Emeka has a severe disdain towards the Carolina Kraken because of the S50 Four Star Cup Finals adn would consider them Colorado's rivals. And to be fair, it does check out. Since they became the Kraken, Carolina have dumped us out of the playoff twice, and in convincing manor. Infact, they did this to me just last playoffs in the 2nd round, so as you can guess, I'm not too fond of them.

EVO: Hell, even when they were in Montreal, they were the Dino's kryptonite, bullying us most times we faced them. Must be revenge for S27 or something.........wait.......

RESO: Yeah...Other than them, Detroit is also one to consider since the board have a long standing rivalry between each other. The games also tend to be intense, and it is said that if you join one or the other, the other side will consider your family taboo. Must explain why DET didn't care that I told them of my wishes to join Colorado.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Carolina's biggest rival could be Newfoundland presently. After multiple close playoff series that all went to seven games in the past few seasons, it was bound to create some tension between the two teams. Each team was able to secure a championship when their contender window was open and had to go through the other during that championship run. The fact that each series was so close and could have gone either way just fuels the rivalry because one game going the other way makes the results lopsided in one direction, maybe resulting in no rivalry since one team always had the upper hand. Another key contributor to the rivalry is the fact that both teams tasted the ultimate success of the season. If this was just a competition at the bottom of the standings, it would not be as intense since the stakes would not be as high. Vancouver might become another rival after this past offseason.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

PBE CW

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...ntry255957

[Image: giphy.gif]

We'll be linked with the Argonauts forever since we entered the league at the same time (plus we got the nice red/blue fire/water thing going on as well) but it's tough to fully be rivals while only playing each other 2x per season, never battling it out for playoff seeding or in the playoffs. A more realistic rival - for now at least - would be New England. Several of our players (Otter, Zheng, Kirkby, Egger, Gotze, Christiansen) played for the Wolfpack, I was the co-GM there for several seasons, and we're existing in the same space of the Atlantic division right now so each game is close and our results vs. each other matter a lot. For those reasons, I think New England would have to be our top rival - for now. They've got a ton of prospects so although we've been ahead of them in the division last season and this, I reckon they'll overtake us pretty soon. or not!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

This Rivalry Is super personal for me. It has been a long time coming, and no matter what I do, I can not get out from under his grasp. I am talking about my Rivalry with my General Manager, @Gwdjohnson . He has been a thorn in my side since he took over the Anchorage Armada, and while I have done everything in my power to deal with it, it just must be known to the world now. Poor Vladmir Petrov has dealt with this communist dictatorship for the whole season and he must fight the power to show the world he is not scared of anyone. @Gwdjohnson is a big meanie head, and refuses to give at least Vladmir Petrov what he wants. Vladmir has since then, requested a trade, daily, to no avail. Poor Vladmir Petrov has been harassed by this evil regime and has not been taken seriously in his problems with the team. Hopefully the world will see this, and get the #FreeVladmir going.

(168 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

For the Battleborn I think that our rival is pretty obvious. I agree with @jRuutu that QCC is definitely our biggest rival. There is definitely a race to see "who can get to the top of the mountain first." Also for a lot of us in my draft class it was most likely going to be QCC or Nevada because of the availability in roster space. So for the players who were taken by Nevada and without any heart or remorse were skipped by the evil @Evok we definitely come to the ice every day knowing that we need to prove that being skipped was a mistake and that our team is filled with perennial All Stars. I think for us as well QCC through the first punch by being the first expansion team out of the two of us to win a playoff series. To be a team that had been developing to hit the road blocks that we have gone through definitely shows how much more we want to win. While they won the battle to be the first of us to win a playoff series. They will not be the first of the two of us to win a Four Star Cup.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Well without a doubt a doubt the Nevada Battleborn's biggest rival is the Quebec City Citadelles and thats frankly because they were both the newest expansion teams in the SMJHL and for that we will always be each others biggest rivals. Unfortunately in the 2 and half seasons they've both been around for the Quebec City Citadelles have had a bit more success. First of all in their inaugural season's Quebec had 17 wins to Nevada's 10 and even managed a first round playoff victory to Nevada getting swept in the first round. While in the S56 season Nevada was able to secure their first ever divisional title, earning them a first round bye in the playoffs, while Quebec ended up losing in the first round. And currently Quebec is running away with the league title in the S57 season, while Nevada had an early season struggles and are just finally gaining some ground.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Obviously the Edmonton Blizzard are Calgary's main and biggest rivals. The Battle of Alberta in the SHL. Just geography alone is the sole reason for this rivalry to get started, but these two teams have faced off so many times against eachother in both regular season and in the playoffs that it was just natural for these two teams to form a rivalry. You can see it when we play at The Big Parm, that any visiting fans are welcome, but also not welcome. If you know what I mean. Any Blizzard fan getting caught buying a chicken parm at The Big Parm is zoomed in on on the jumbotron and made fun of that they'd rather be Dragons fans. It's not all hatred, but also friendly banter. Edmonton and Calgary are legendary teams in the SHL. With that being said I only have one more thing to add.

Fuck Edmonton.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]