Create Account

S68 PT #5: Auld Lang Syne

PLAYER PROMPT -  Written Task

Antonio Flusso comes from a large Italian family based in Switzerland. He has spent most of his life in the United States and Canada playing hockey, but he has decided to return to Switzerland to visit with family. He sees the great mountainous countryside and enjoys the weather with his loved ones before heading out with a smaller crop of immediate family to visit the homeland itself: Italy. He has never been and doesn't really speak the language, but he still loves it. He loves his pre-game pasta and all the heavy goodness it provides, but he's afraid he won't be able to eat that garbage back home because of how good it is here. Pizza though? He could still order whatever local garbage just fine, because he found the real deal overrated. Seeing some of the oldest Flusso's in the world was pretty cool, but again, could understand virtually nothing that they said. Not a single one acknowledges his hockey career or cares in the slightest when he explains how it's going. They seem impressed with his level of physical fitness, but he isn't entirely sure if he was missing some intended sarcasm.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 09:45 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 2 times in total.)

I invested in myself this year. I had some opportunities that I refused, which is challenging for me. I stopped saying yes to things I was not 100% thrilled to do. I decided to step down from a major leadership role in my job in 2023 to focus on new projects. It paid out because the future is looking brighter than ever. There are significant changes coming for 2023 and I am thrilled to see where that will lead me. I will be able to be more active, spend better time with my family and - more importantly - have a lesser cognitive load to bring home every evening and weekend. We might move to another country for 8-10 weeks during the summer, not because I need to, but because we want to. I keep the same job and benefits, with new opportunities, challenges, and friends to make, while getting back to work on what I was passionate about in the first place. I have already spent some time with the Canadian Diplomatic Corpse because I will have to work with them in the future, and it is a fantastic experience so far.

And my youngest's "terrible two" is - or should be - over, so I might gain more sleep.

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

User prompt - graphic

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2..._happy.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Player Prompt

To enjoy the end of the season, my player will embark on a trip abroad to visit Europe.  Although he has visited Europe previously for hockey tournaments, he has never really gotten a chance to explore various cities and enjoy the time in a state of relaxation.  To start, the forward will visit Germany, spending a few days in various cities, checking out old Cathedrals, and attending a Borussia Dortmund futbol match.  He also plans to check out the hometown of his relatives that immigrated to the United States in the 1800s.  Next, the Kelowna forward plans to travel to France, first stopping in Paris to check out the usual attractions - the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Notre Dame.  The American prospect also will make sure to stop in a bakery and order a warm baguette and check out a popular coffee shop in the city.  After stops in Amiens and Normandy, he will then travel to Italy, checking out a number of attractions and religious sites in Rome and Vatican City.

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

2022 was definitely an eventufl one for Meowski. Trying out for the SHL was something that he thought about for a while. His Agent Andy wasn't sure if he would throw his hat in the ring with a new client but Meowski definitely seemed to be the right guy to do it with. He would probably go to the Andy end of year Christmas party that he has for all of his former clients. His original client Ratzon brings in a lot of his friends from the old days. He mainly brings in players who he played with on Edmonton, many of who he still keeps in touch with. When Caelum rolls up, its always in style. Having not only been a beast player but also an assistant GM for years, he has money to spare. He brings former teammates with him that were a part of his cup championships both as a player and as a GM. Aizawa never shows up, he was a bit of a bust. For Meowski, he brings his little four star trophy. He is the only one of Andy's clients to get one so he hast to make sure to show it off at the holiday party.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I will always fly south for the off season and meet up with my family and friends who are already there. Usually I am greeted with warm quacks and violent hugs. The ducklings will ask if I won the cup and I always lie and tell them I did. They think I've won 6 titles in a row. Stupid ducklings can't read, so they don't know I'm lying. They think I'm the greatest hockey player on the planet. I mean, that's still true, but they think I'm even greater than the greatest. We will spend the offseason hanging out in the warm weather, enjoying our baths and eating our worms. We try to go to heavy tourist areas so we get all the bread from the out of towners who don't know you're not supposed to feed the ducks. The locals won't feed us cuz they know the more you feed us, the more we'll stick around. So the targets are always the goofy looking tourists. It's usually a relaxing time that lets me recharge my batteries and get ready for another season.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

JOHN BROWN WOULD LIKE to use this time given to him thusly as a way to give back to the community. John Brown would like to spend time working on community projects like helping at homeless shelters. There are often ones all over the area that people don't know to look for, but they could always use more people to help. Sometimes you make lunches, sometimes you help clean spaces, but it's a nice gesture to just help out. John Brown is rather big on charity and cares about helping and serving others. On the ice is one thing, but off the ice he cares very much about doing whatever he can to help out those less fortunate. It's all about the spirit of giving after all, it's Christmas and the holiday season. Less time for fighting and more time for helping people out. That is what John Brown likes to do for people. What a guy.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

This year has been long and grueling. Starting out the year at my warehouse job. ending the year in an amazon delivery job. The big thing my car engine blowing up. Getting a new car now, among other aspirations of building my own business. Starting off the year back here. In a way of normalcy, a second chance in a way here. It was a great year in transition starting year 2 in this place is going to be both interesting and entertaining. My second time back in the league was filled with a lot of different experiences. New people and some old people you become all familiar with. One of the amazing communities. It is a well versed community that can connect and unite not only in hockey, but also in things bigger than ourselves bigger than all of us. It's been a captivating first year back. I am excited to be here for more.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

User Prompt
The year did not start off well, I experienced a spontaneous pneumothorax (I didn't know what that was either until it happened to me). It literally happened on New Years Eve, and I had to spend the first couple of weeks of the year in the hospital. I spent the whole time laying in the hospital bed, and it hurt like hell to move. It was a low point for me, and left a lot of time to reflect. It inspired me to make some positive changes in my life when I got out. I started getting a lot more active than I was before. I was getting more involved in track and field, and ice hockey. I started consistently working out, and since that I've felt better physically and mentally. The back half of the year has been tougher, with my rigorous classes and college applications, but I'm excited to mentally reset over break. I don't want to jinx it, but I am optimistic about the future.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2022, 04:48 PM by SFresh3. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt
[Image: 1qXqstY.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

[Image: GW8STrZ.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

This year Edward Elric is thankful for all of his former teammates in the Anchorage Armada, his current teammates in the Quebec City Citadelles and his future teammates in the New England Wolfpack. The overhyped 1st overall pick from the Season 66 SHL Draft is having his final juniors season and is thankful for all the many experiences he had as a member of the Armada and the Citadelles. He had 3 seasons on the Armada where Elric was allowed to showcase his skillset as a offensive threat on a strong team that was built well to compliment him and his abilities as a dangler. He returned the favour by putting together two incredible seasons where he had put up 35 goals in his first season and 28 goals in his second season. In his final season for the Citadelles, his coaches/GMs Faelax and Ramen had convinced Elric to adopt more of a defensive role in order to adapt his game around his 2 future linemates. In this season he had learned to play a more physical and two-way brand of hockey

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

The end of the year break could not have come quick enough for Nibbles The Squirrel. Being a squirrel the winter is a very important time for him to make sure he stocks up on enough food for his long nap he is about to take. So most of the time Nibbles is out gathering nuts and just prepping for his hibernation so that he can rest and recover to be ready for the next bit of the season. The Nibbles household does not celebrate any holidays because, well they will all be sleeping and it is pretty hard to throw a good party when that is the case. I think once everyone wakes up though that Nibbles family will be very proud of him as he was able to lead the Maine TImber to a divisional title this season and has the chance to lift another cup at the end of it all. What more could you want out of a winter break.

Code:
164 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

UserPrompt

Looking forward into the Holidays and soon into the new year, there is definitely a lot that is going to be happening in 2023. Having been a coco commish in the league for a short while and HO for well over a year, I’m excited to see what the league will bring in the next year. There are a lot of positive things the league is working towards that should really make things more fun for the userbase at large. Things have been going well enough with FHM 8 and its going to be fun to see who is going to win the cup over the next 5/6 seasons this year will bring. Even for me personally there is a lot planned for the next year. Another solid year of work, and just watching my kids grow into speaking annoying children is something I’m really looking forward to. We have some work on our house coming up and hope for only good things ahead. Health and Happiness to everyone out there.

- Rangerjase

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]