Create Account

S69 PT #4: Hockey School February 19th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Creative Prompt - Jarrod Lakemore's dream has always been to help popularize the sport of hockey in England and volunteering for a hockey school certainly aligns with that goal. The biggest issue facing potential youth hockey players is the general lack of ice rinks throughout the country, which in turn means the majority of kids do not know how to skate. So one of the main focal points would be to take trips to the local (or maybe not so local) ice rinks and teach the kids to get comfortable on skates and on ice. Because of limited exposure to hockey, kids also must learn the basics of the sport, such as positions, passing, stickhandling, etc. so time will be spent on some basic hockey drills as well. Since ice time likely will be somewhat limited, drills that can be done off ice like shooting and passing can be reserved for days outside the rink. Though of course the internet has made the sport more accessible in places like England where it is less popular, some time will also be devoted to watching professional games where Lakemore and other staff can help explain some of the more advanced things that professionals do that a casual watcher may not be aware of. (209 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Player Prompt

Paul Binder got his introduction to hockey from his uncle around the age of 7. Of course he knew about the sport prior, but he never really looked into sports. He was a video game kid and that's all he ever wanted to do. One day his uncle took him and his father to the local game and he immediately fell in love. He decided right then and there that he wanted to learn how to play the game and wasn't going to let anything stop him from playing. As it turns out, he was pretty good! He practiced his skating daily and begged his parents to take him to the ice rink as much as humanly possible. His love grew from there. Getting that call from his agent letting him know that the SMJHL was looking like a real possibility was a great day, only shadowed by the day he got drafted to the Anchorage Armada and then the Atlanta Inferno a year later.

WC 167

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

As we all know, the most important part of hockey and the most vital skill to have is fighting, so my school would consist of teaching children how to fight.

There would be three phases to my hockey school, and each phase would cost $500 per student. .

Phase 1:

Introductory phase. All children will be released into a pit and made to fist fight until one child remains conscious. This will show us exactly where they are at with their fighting skills, what they are good at, and what they need to improve upon. This phase will last a week, and the children will fight in this pit for all seven days of the week. The child with the most wins at the end of the week will get to go to the hospital. The rest will go back to their rooms.

Phase 2:

Building phase. It's called the building phase but it's essentially the first phase over again. Children in pit. Fight until you're knocked out or you win. Winner at the end of the phase gets to get medical treatment. This phase will last 40 weeks.

Phase 3:

Graduation. Yeah, it's called graduation, but you guessed it, it's just the first phase for another 20 weeks.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

i'm gonna say this was the creative prompt? even though it kind of feels like i put in a little of both, I hope it's okay:

Well, so the thing is, Lias already kind of works at a hockey school, the one he went to when he was younger. Gunnar Söderberg's youth hockey academy in Sweden was really formative for Lias when he was younger, and played an instrumental role in his journey to the SHL. So now that he's made it to the big league, Lias goes back every summer to work with the kids who are going through that same program now, because he likes to pay it forward. They work on a lot of the fundamentals, like skating and puckhandling and all that, but they also focus on other real life issues like confronting bigotry and hatred and everybody doing their part to help get rid of that stuff in the sport that they love. Overall, it's a really good experience, and Lias is glad that he's able to give back to something that was very important for his own life journey.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
CREATIVE PROMPT - Kids these days would rather play Fortnite on their fidget spinners than learn a fun and exciting sport like hockey! As a professional hockey player, you've been asked to help put together a program for a hockey school that will get kids engaged, excited, and better at hockey!

I'd get kids more into hockey by training them in league of legends.  This is a game kids already love and like hockey it has very defined roles.  There's the Mid Laner which would be great training for Centers.  Mids have to be aware of the entire map and have the most area to control in the game like centers teams often only go as far as the mid laner takes them.  There's bottom lane with ADC and Support.  These 2 roles mimic a Defensive pair.  Defense pairings often have one guy that's more offensive and one guy that's more defensive.  ADCs are tasked with surviving early game and capitalizing on enemy mistakes.  Opportunistic aggression, like defensemen they have to think about their own teams safety first.  They can lose you a game just as often as they can win it.  But top tier players in this role can completely carry your team.  Supports keep the ADC alive early but support the entire team during the mid game.  The great facilitators they allow the more skilled roles to thrive.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

CREATIVE PROMPT

[Image: aK1w3kd.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

The Carolina Junior Squids Hockey School (more commonly referred to as Squidlett Camp) will feature a bunch of Kraken staples and essentials. First and foremost, the young players looking to follow into the footsteps of legendary squids such as Jimmy Wagner or Michael Fitted will need to deeply understand the lore of the team. As such, off ice classes on Terry Bradshaw, fuck the penalty’s 101 and To Eottird or Not to Eottird will appear on the curriculum to empower today’s youth and prepare them for hockey glory.

On ice, the camp will feature Kraken legendary hockey; make as many giveaways as possible and get penalties trying to get the puck back, shoot 45 times on the net but only convert once and most importantly, crash and burn in the third period. The objective of this is to make them feel pain so that they remember how much it sucks and they can then move forward with their training with that in mind, providing fuel and a desire to be great.

(171 words)

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

I would structure the hockey school a lot like the way that soccer academies work in Europe. Soccer players are so much better in Europe that they are in the rest of the world because of these academies. I would start one of them for hockey. Having an academy would also thoroughly help the kids because then they would not burn out like they do in juniors hockey.

This is how the program would work:

They wake up and go to school, even though juniors hockey players usually start around 16 (I think?) I want to make sure that the hockey players have an entire high school education regardless of country of origin.
After they are done, (most likely a condensed school day ending around 12) They would have lunch and then hit the ice. They would have an afternoon session probably around 1 - 4. They then would get off the ice and have some free time to relax. After dinner they would hit the ice again, most likely from 7 - 9. After nine they would have an hour to themselves and then hit the bed. Running a program like this would allow hockey players to be able to compete with teams that are higher levels

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - Backstory prompt! Since we're talking about hockey schools, did your player every go to one? How did your player learn the game?  

Written Task:  Tell me a bit about how your player got started in the game. Where did they hear of it? Who did they learn it from? Did they know that they wanted to be in the SHL right away, or was a long road to finding hockey? Were they a natural or did it take a lot of practice? (150+ words)

Landon first started his love of hockey by randomly seeing it on TV while he was flipping channels. Being from California, hockey wasn’t a highly popular sport (at least not at that time) so he started playing just in house in the local area. From there, he was recruited to go to Shattuck-St. Mary’s school in Faribault, Minnesota. From Minnesota he was able to have more scouts see him, eventually verbally committing to the University of Nebraska-Omaha to play D1 hockey there. Unfortunately, a knee injury caused that scholarship offer to be rescinded, so Landon went to play D3 hockey for a year at University of Wisconsin-Superior. After a stellar freshman year, he was offered a scholarship to transfer to the University of Denver. He was fortunate enough to go from there and be drafted in the SMJHL by the Vancouver Whalers, and obviously now he helps anchor the back end for the Seattle Argonauts who are back to back SHL champions.

162 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

It is time to introduce the Jon St. Ark School for Hockey. It is a little big like Hogwarts, only without the raving bigot behind everything who also makes ill-advised changes in some strange crusade to win clout. The school will feature four houses, though making it into one will have more to do then taking some sort of sentient personality quiz when you are eleven years old and then letting that drive the rest of your entire life. I mean, how crazy is it that some kid can be put in Slytherin and then he's on a one-way ticket to being a foot soldier for a dark wizard? Anyway, there would be multiple tracks depending on if you are a forward, defenseman, or goalie. In your first years, everyone takes the same courses because it is always important to learn how to skate, hold a stick, and build your awareness. Then, later, you choose which track you would like to take and enter into. You would take specialized classes from then on, until eventual graduation.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

well for the simulation hockey league binko koivu definitely has a few plans (which means he has more than one plan potentially) for a hockey school to keep kids engaged with the wonderful game of hockey instead of playing fortnite on their fidget spinners and their x boxes or play stations or their personal computers or macintosh devices or phones. now what exactly are those plans you may be asking? well i for one am very glad that you asked so that binko could give his answer. binko would plan to give them all ice cream before and after practice so that they can both gather energy before the practice and replenish their energy after the practice. this is very practical because there are about 2000 soft server machines in the atlanta inferno arena. then during practices binko would have them do a lot of drills where they skate left then skate right with the puck like deking through some things and then shoot on the goalie and they will think wow this is so fun! however the goalies will not be having very much fun so the goalies get to do fun things too like participating in a best snow angel competition

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Creative Prompt

Blizzard goaltender Justin Time knows as well as anybody that the biggest barrier to entry for young hockey players is money. Hockey is an extremely expensive sport compared to other popular sports and activities in North America, and plenty of kids who would love to play never have the chance due to factors outside their control. That's why when Time was offered the chance to start his own hockey camp for young players, he opted not to create an "elite" camp for talented prospects, but tour from coast to coast funding new local rinks and doing weekend camps for kids just learning the game. At Time's camp, entrants are chosen on a scholarship basis, with all costs and gear provided by the Edmonton Blizzard Youth Foundation. The goal of this camp is not to find the next SHL superstar, but to build a foundation for youth hockey and bring down costs, giving everyone a chance to experience the greatest sport on earth.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

So for Luc's hockey School he doesn't really intend to do much different than just a standard hockey school I think most hockey schools will have a lot of fun for kids even if you don't do anything different than just playing hockey. I think falling in love with the sport is really just a matter of playing it, making friends that play it, and just enjoying the time that you spent doing it. I think I would make it more of a kids thing then a skills camp. It seems like it would be a lot more fun to teach kids the sport that would be to try and hone the skills of people who already know it. Getting them involved and getting them trying the sport of hockey is really the most important part, skills really just come with practice. The best hockey players will tell you that nothing comes completely natural, you have to work for it, but working for it gets easier if you like what you're doing.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]