Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright

Written Task: If your player got traded to a new team, how would they go about adjusting and learning the new system?

I have been lucky enough to experience this throughout my SHL career. Or depending who you ask, I have been unlucky to experience this more than once. But I have always seemed to fit in well with the new team and environment that I have joined. The first thing you have to do there is always go in there like a sponge. Kind of take the corner of the room and observe how the team works and how everyone interacts. My example of joining the Wolfpack would be the perfect example. Before even joining the team I was asked to move to center, so it would help everyone get along with me before I even meet them. They knew right away that I was a team player and was putting the team first rather than my own glory and staying as a winger.
All teams and players have their own routines and their own good luck vibes. So just understanding what they are and making sure you arent stepping on peoples toes or taking up too much room and energy is the way to go when you are stepping foot in a new environment.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Option 2:
If we base this all on performance during last season there are few takes I could go with. Either Mänty just sucks and his game doesn't just translate well to more narrow ice used in north america or it could be that whatever system was run by the team during most of the regular season sucks. Or there is the option tht system is good yet Mänty didn't manage to learn it which could pose a problem for him should he be traded. But as his build is quite balance, though slightly geared towards offensive play that seems to be favored by so many around the SMJHL.

Though I'm confident that Mänty has the skills to get used to new system quite easily and I think change of tactics made on Grizzlies show that too as he has already seemd like a different player during the first round of playoffs, hopefully stepping up to one more level once we take the games to Vancouver.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

I would make micool start doing his own regression over in the ISFL smh. Then I'd put it on tshirts and all sorts of other merch just to stick it to the man and support the kids. From there, I'm really not sure. I don't know a thing about how trademark law works, or  really the law in general, so we are just going to hope that does not get me into any kind of hot water. I will start a media campaign of micool attempting to get into the head of my local team, since obviously that is exactly what is going on here, and then we will go out and actually win the cup, which will strengthen my own trademark claim on the phrase. From there i guess we either let the legal minds do their thing, or we just agree to have a 1v1 during an intermission of the kids tournament where the winner gets to keep the phrase and the lose has to come up with some other slogan.

im not gonna win the cup i guess

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I haven't had the experience of being traded, though with @HabsFanFromOntario as my GM you never know what's going to happen when it's time for Time to go visit the farm upstate. As a goalie, I don't have to worry too much about on ice chemistry, play style or tactical scheme, but getting into a rhythm with a new team is a challenge no matter the circumstances. Given a good relationship with team management, I'd have to assume that if I ever found myself being shipped to a new team it would be a situation where it's the best move for both teams and for myself, so I'd keep my head up and look to make an impact and a few new friends, while trying not to cry too much about the ones I'd be leaving behind. And you never know, if you stick around the SHL long enough it's an experience you're bound to have eventually.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Option 2 - Going to a new team and learning the system is never a super easy task. Good thing for hockey is the game is mostly about flow, but I think the largest impact of a trade and new team might be the mental component. If you are wondering why you got traded, assuming you didn't ask for one, you could think things like was I not good enough, or what does my old team see in this other player over me? If your mental aspect isn't in the game then you're done for. First things first is get to know the new team. I don't mean who the players on the ice are, I mean who runs the locker room mafia. Get on their good side, and you will surely be rewarded with the prime ice time. It's kind of like going to prison. If you shy away and try to hide you are going to get beaten. Find the biggest guy (maybe the captain) and take a big steaming dump in his locker.

Code:
180 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Option 2

Interestingly enough, the thing that this point task is about actually happened to me a few seasons back. I wasn't just traded to a new team either but also had to learn a new position in the process. You would think that the combination of these two factors would make things particularly difficult, but I would argue that they actually made it easier for me. When you simply switch teams but stay in your previous position, then a lot of things might be similar but some key details are guaranteed to be different. This puts you in a risky position where it's easy to just stick to what you are used to and miss the fine adjustments that are absolutely crucial to make if you wanna fit into a new system. Joining a new team AND having to learn a new position basically forces you to learn everything from scratch. This way you are less likely to miss something or carry over any bad habits.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

[Image: S73-PT-5.jpg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: n4iq9Sw.png]

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

Option 2 Graphic:

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2023, 04:57 AM by the5urreal.)

Atticus Hale doesn’t plan on ever leaving New Orleans, but this is a business and sometimes business decisions need to be made because it’s what’s best for the team. Because of that, Atticus also understands that there may come a day where it is better for the Specters to move on than to keep throwing his corpse out on the ice just to have a body. If that day were to ever come, it would be more than just a new system that he would need to learn. A system is nothing without the players that play in it. It’s very important to know how each player plays the game. Atticus would need to learn what their playstyle is and what he can do to best fit into the system given the players on the ice with him. They need to trust him and he needs to trust them. As everyone works through their rotations, it’s critical that each player can anticipate what the other is going to do so they know what is going to happen before the other team does. So building trust and learning each player’s style while playing in the system is how Atticus would adapt.

[200 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Option 2:

Why would anyone trade the one and only Furious Chicken to a new team. The chicken can be put as culinary expenses in the team budget. But ok let us imagine that food would be traded in the SHL, I guess the first step would be finding out if this other team also plays with 2 defensive players, and 3 forward players. As the most likely answer will be yes, the next step would be seeing if this chicken did not just get send back to the field hockey league, and needs to change his skates for shoes. Next up is the actual challenge, do they have a defensive spot for the Chicken. If not I guess learning how to shoot might be decently high on the list, but to be fair it might be decently high on the list anyway, as Chicken can not hit an barn from 10 meters. Being in their defense would obviously be the easiest for Chicken, as then he only needs to learn how to defend with his new defensive linemate, and that will hopefully be going alright, but I guess we will see next season with Chicken stepping up to the Edmonton Blizzards instead of being in the Yukon Malamutes.

207 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]