1:

2: PMed

3: PMed

4:

5:

6: Riot in 7

PLACEHOLDER

[ TASK #1 ]

There are a ton of factors to consider when choosing a franchise player. In a “fantasy draft” type setting, even more pressure is put on a team manager to set a franchise in the right direction. In the SHL there are a number of players who could very easily make a franchise into a contender by themselves and carry a team for many seasons thereafter. The three most important factors in choosing such a player are talent, potential and age. In today’s SHL landscape, some of the best players are young players. In fact, some of the leagues brightest stars are only beginning to dip their feet into SHL waters. However, there is one player just hitting the prime of his career that is almost impossible to pass up; Carter O’Callahan. O’ Callahan is not only going to be the best player on his team every year, but he is going to inherently draw more success from those around him. He is committed to winning, has a stellar attitude and always performs. Beyond all of this, O’ Callahan is versatile. He has proved in New England that he can play forward (center, in particular) or secure up the back end. When I’m planning a team around O’Callahan, I have much more flexibility because of his versatility. I can get two young forwards and watch him help them bud into young stars. I can go out and get a strong D partner for him and allow those two to keep other offenses from getting great chances. If only the man could play goaltender…even if he could, I’m sure he excel doing so. O’ Callahan still has come gas left in the tank as well. He has enough veteran status to allow his leadership qualities to shine bright, but just enough career left to make him worthy of this selection.

Words: 308

[ TASK #2 ]
PM'd
[ TASK #3 ]
PM'd

[ TASK #4 ]
(GRAPHIC TASK) Create a starting line-up graphic for one of the two teams in the Finals. It could be as simple as names in order, but in order to get the full points it must include at least one statistic for each player.

Example (not featuring statistics):
user posted image

{Payout: 2 Uncapped TPE for unprofessional/no statistic. Max TPE can be earned: 4 Uncapped}

[ TASK #5 ]

During my career as a player, I’ve been in a locker room at about every stage of a rebuild. When I was first drafted into the SHL, Manhattan was working their way out of a back-end of a rebuild. About a season later, I was one of the pieces set in stone for the rebuilding and rebranding New England Wolfpack. In New England, we decided that the best route for rebuild was to stock up on young players and build for the upcoming draft. Ace worked to trade away the aging players for young prospects or picks in the upcoming draft.

Other teams have decided to utilize other avenues for rebuilding their franchises, but there is something about home-growing players that really appeals to me. Just a season after I arrived in New England, we acquired Carter O’Callahan and Chuck Winnfield in the first round of the draft. These two players have since become household names for SHL franchises. Both grew into stars in New England and helped take the team to the Challenge Cup finals a few short seasons later.

In rebuilding any team, I would take the route of stocking up draft assets and thinning the roster of aging players. Getting those active and hardworking rookies and sophomores in the league can not only help down the line for the franchise, but it also gives those individual players an opportunity to jump on the ice and adjust to the SHL game sooner than they would elsewhere. That experience and the success it will attribute down the line is immeasurable. After the draft picks and young players have properly found their place on my roster, then it will be time to make moves with my own assets to get a veteran or two with some skill. These final pieces will give the franchise what it needs to be not only playoff team, but an annual Challenge Cup contender. This process would likely take the majority of 3 or 4 seasons to compete, but the beauty of it lies in the stability of the roster at that point. After those 3 hard seasons of work, the roster will be filled with homegrown talent that is still young and willing to compete. A team built this way would successfully compete for playoff dominance many seasons thereafter.

Words: 385

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Task #1
If there was one rookie player I’d start to build my team around it would most definitely be Jackson Weekes. There can be something said around building a strong defense or a lethal offense but there’s no doubt that in the SHL goaltending is a major key to any team’s success in the season. Jackson Weekes in his short time in the SMJHL has proved that he can and will become the next elite superstar goaltender. Colin Schmidt and Dymo Ranjan are both extrodinary players and will most definitely have successful careers as well but Jackson Weekes has every tool at his disposal to become the next John McBride or Tom Corcoran. After his amazing debut in St. Louis, Weekes has gone on to excel in every aspect of this league whether it be in the media where he creates lengthy and interesting articles or on the ice where he’s currently driving the Scarecrows to the Four Star Cup championship, Weekes will be exciting to watch as he grows within the league.

When any rebuilding club decides to go down that path and young and talent goalie is a must need. From the goaltender position out is the most successful way of building a winning attitude among your players and locker room. Weekes is the type of player that everyone can depend on to keep the team in a game or to steal one when they aren’t expected to win. From the net out is the way to go so then after goalie I’d look towards adding the young caliber defense that could fortify the defensive aspect of the game. Goals will come but stopping goals is the name of the game when you’re trying to build a winning culture. That’s why a goalie just ready to become the face of a franchise like Jackson Weekes is the type of player every team should want.

Task #2 - PMed

Task #3 - PMed

Task #4
[Image: 2ugmq2r.png]

Task #5
When you venture into a rebuild with an organization the type of rebuild is very key and each has a good number of pros and cons. The type of rebuild that Minnesota chose to roll with is especially high on initial Pros and they’ll see the visible cons in the near future. Minnesota’s rebuild was strictly focused on winning right now and as fast as possible. After a couple down seasons of their rebuild they accelerated the process by acquiring older already established talent which is great like I said for the win now but eventually those players will hit their age wall and start to regress or retire before regression. So while Minnesota is the driver’s seat to win right now their draft picks they could’ve had will be progressing and be much younger than the talent they have at the moment. However Minnesota has shown that acquiring established talent has paid off for them in just one season’s turnaround.

Seattle’s process is quite different but eventually it’s just as fruitful. Seattle’s rebuild was a slow one and most definitely more enduring than Minnesota’s will ever be. After missing the playoffs for so many seasons, the Riot chose to just build through the draft and acquire the right players to build a strong core and then they slowly added some older talent through trades such as Chris McZerhl and Claude Perron. Adding such depth players like Ja’Far Dar and Shawn Swerin is what makes a playoff team so lethal is the way the roster uses their depth in the bottom lines. Seattle’s method surely wasn’t as accelerated but it will prove to be more of a longer lasting change to the organization as these players will be around for more seasons than just 1-2.

My choice for a rebuild would be Seattle’s method as I feel that would brace your organization for more stamina as the seasons go on. I would equate both rebuilds to like a band aid. You slowly take it off you’ll feel the pain longer but it would be better for the future, but if you rip it off and get it done you’ll feel the pain for a shorter time but could hurt in the long run.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Task 1:

If I had to chose one player to build my team around it would be Dustin Rose. Dustin Rose is one of the leagues top goaltenders and is still at a very youg age. He has been with this Seattle team for a while now and it’s nice to see him get the rewards he deserves. I think he will be the next Honcho, Jesster or Aittakolio, and if he really blossoms, he could become the next McBride.

Dustin Rose has many qualitites aside from his outstanding and promising goaltending skills and potential. He is also a great leader on and off the ice. He loves his team and he makes sure everyone knows it. There is no doubt he will spend a very large part, if not all, of his career back stopping the Riot, no matter what shape or form they are in.

Another thing that I love about Dustin Rose is the man behind the mask, a great guy who is really down to earth and gives his one hundred percent for his teammates. He not only makes Seattle more attractive which is a quality to have on your team, but he brings promise that this team will always have a shot to contend for a cup.

If you look at Rose’s stats in previous seasons, he has not had the most amazing numbers, but has been up there battling with the top dogs between the pipes. Now if you looks at the Riot’s stats and you can clearly see that they do not have anything helping him out defensively and were solely counting on Rose’s great abilities and McZerhl scoring. That proves to me he can get the job done even when his team is weak, and now that his team is strong, look how close they are.

Task 4:
[Image: riot_zps63678623.png]

Task 5:
The question for this task is, pick one of the 2 styles that these two finalist have used to rebuild their team. One being the Seattle Riot, a long but steady rebuild using draft picks, gaining loyalty from your players. The other being trading for top notch stars and making a quick turnaround. I believe both work, but they depend on the team you want to rebuild.

The first option works if your team suffers a or a few losses like retirements, trade requests or walk outs via free agency. In this scenario you are not left to much choice, you do not have much assets remaining so you send what you can to help competitive teams acquire depth while you stack up in prospects and draft picks. The positives of this technique is you get players while they are young, and if the rebuild works, the players are treated well, and the team blends well together, then you have yourself a great group of young guys who will stick by each other for a long time. The negative is it takes much longer to reach the end of the rebuild.

The 2nd option is when you have a solid group of core players but no depth, or you have a good team with talented players that just can’t put up wins. In this case you have assets that you can trade away and acquire other assets. Another scenario for this option is having young talented players and draft picks that you could trade away for other teams’ superstars. The positives from this scenario is your rebuild will last much much less time and could create a strong group of prime players and veteran players for a few seasons. The down side is you will probably have to rebuild again in a few seasons if you traded away all your future players and picks, or you will have players leaving via FA or trade requests because they are not drafted by you, therefore not as loyal to you.

There is no good or bad way, there is just the way that works for the team that you are rebuilding, that’s where a smart GM makes his move.

whens this getting closed?

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]