Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Playoffs

The elephant in the room in the East is New England missing the playoffs. Does this mark the end of an era for the Wolfpack? Is this symbolic of a declining New England team, or will they come back stronger next season, rendering this a fluke?

Considering they came fairly close to missing last season as well, it's hard to see this as a one-time fluke. New England has long been viewed as an unstoppable juggernaut, but there have been some key positions on the team that were inactive for a number of seasons before any decline became apparent, so it doesn't surprise me that those are starting to make themselves felt on the score sheet. New England's seasons of dominance took a long time to build up to, and it's hard to maintain that level forever - if they do continue to decline it doesn't mean they can't climb back up, but it takes a lot of work and long term planning to find the sort of stability at the top that the team had over the last seasons.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

- Both of the series in the West are rematches from last year. What will have to change from the Jets and/or the Riot to prevent history from repeating itself this season? Which of these two teams, if either, has what it takes to pull off the series win, and why?

Both teams can easily pull off with the series win. These two teams arent like their last season's counter parts. They are evolved, a season smarter, coaching wise and depth. They are two very good high paced teams, one with elite offense, good defense and other with elite defense and good offense and ofcourse both teams possess world class goaltending. But their matchups are not easy. Anything can happen in the playoffs and it becomes the matter of who wants it more. Guys on those teams are due for rough learning curb in the playoffs if they have not already passed it.

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Nov 5 2017, 05:12 PM
[b]- Both of the series in the West are rematches from last year. What will have to change from the Jets and/or the Riot to prevent history from repeating itself this season? Which of these two teams, if either, has what it takes to pull off the series win, and why?

Winnipeg has a great chance to win the whole thing this season..  they have 6 stud forwards with lots of TPE and lots of endurance allowing them each to double shift without getting tired.... what ever side your on in the time allocation discussion does not change tghe fact that the Jets are going to have major advantages on them 3rd and 4th lines against the majority of teams they face in this post season.

I like Texas 3rd line. Horvat is a kick ass grinder, Abes is underratted and James is a solid vet... they should be able to hold there own against the jets counterparts.. still Winnipeg holds a decisive advantage there and should be able to exploit it...

If the Abes/Horvat/James lines plus minus is at even or better at the end of the series... Texas will win... If its in the negative i think Winnipeg takes this one.[/b]
I know I am biased, but I agree. Last year the Renegades 3rd line found a ton of success even playing on less ice time than they did in the regular season. Most of that line had as many points in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. Abes is a huge part of that, and if they do gel and are able to beat down the two lines in Winnipeg, it could be a quick series.

[Image: horvat3.png]

- Make your Challenge Cup Finals matchup prediction, and justify your choices. Which of your two picks do you think will have a harder time getting there?
I think the finals is going to be between the Jets and the Chiefs. I think the Jets are just a really strong team. Adding McZ made them even better. Feel the same way about the Chiefs. They added Crutchfield. Solid defense. Two good lines. I think the Jets will have a harder time getting there just because they're in the tougher conference.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Gooney@Nov 6 2017, 03:57 PM
[b]- Make your Challenge Cup Finals matchup prediction, and justify your choices. Which of your two picks do you think will have a harder time getting there?
I think the finals is going to be between the Jets and the Chiefs. I think the Jets are just a really strong team. Adding McZ made them even better. Feel the same way about the Chiefs. They added Crutchfield. Solid defense. Two good lines. I think the Jets will have a harder time getting there just because they're in the tougher conference.[/b]

Heyyyy that’s my prediction as well.

I think that my article kind of covered how I see the field. But Minnesota intrigued me a lot as a finals team if they can avoid a slip-up against Toronto.

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||