Create Account

S47 Championship Week

Code:
Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Nadeau's hometown is Quebec City, Quebec and when he arrived after his final season playing for the SMJHL Lethbridge Lions putting up historic numbers he was paraded through the old town city streets. The people of the city paraded with Nadeau and closed down many roads as they led him to the Plains of Abraham where they had tents, barbeque and live music all set up to pretty much party all day, and night. Nadeau honestly was extremely happy with the welcome he was given and was more than happy to party with the citizens of the town putting QC back on the map. The party lasted well into the evening and Nadeau filled up on poutine (because it's awesome) and a lot of craft beer while also taking in the fact that he will be representing his city in the SHL in the coming seasons. Nadeau also announced that he would be opening up a charity for the less fortunate people of Quebec City as a way to give back to the people who adore him, and supported him throughout his journey in his career.

Code:
Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)
The promotion to the SHL is now for Nadeau after he just completed his final season in the SMJHL. Nadeau is extremely ready for the challenge of the SHL after breaking records two seasons in a row in the SMJHL and being named GOTY twice in consecutive years. It would seem that the SMJHL does not have much challenge left for Nadeau and he is ready to move on to something greater despite not winning a cup with Lethbridge. As for talking about parts of his game that are SHL caliber and what needs works, Nadeau will tell you himself that he feels that his whole game needs work to be a solid starter in the SHL however he is confident that working alongside the Pride's starting goalie and coaches he will be ready to take the reigns when his time comes.  With moving teams, and getting called up what honestly sucks is leaving behind friends and teammates you made along the way. These same teammates become rivals in the SHL and it blows as some really strong bonds and friendships were made between all the guys on the squad. Nadeau is 100% excited however to get his shot in the SHL as the Pride are an up and coming team and Nadeau gets to be a part of that legacy, expect great things from this young netminder.

(PH for the rest)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

1:
It's no trouble at all for Alexis Metzler to detail what happens when he returns home to North Dakota- after all, he does it every off-season (after a round about sailing trip through the Great Lakes). He grew up in two places; firstly, in the tiny little town of Minnewaukan, in the north east of the state; this is where his wider family comes from. However, his dad mostly had work in the state capital of Bismarck, so he spent about the same length of his childhood there, too.

When he goes to Minnewaukan, the entire town shows up to greet him, and there'll be a Hobbiton style banquet next to the lake. When Alexis Metzler won the Challenge Cup, he chartered a small plane to make absolutely certain he could spend his day with the cup in Minnewaukan.

When he goes to Bismarck, there's more media around, along with an interview and a photoshoot with whatever local politicians have managed to wrangle their way into the photographs. There'll also be a charity event, and he's always certain to make sure he can be at a skills camp for local junior hockey players from around North Dakota.

(1):
I think the big stars in this series are going to be the defensemen. On West Kendall's side, we have Ludwig Koch Schroder; Schroder is the defending Stevens trophy winner (at last), and an absolute monster. He's not always been super consistent, but he has the power to dominate a series. On Calgary's side, we have Otis B Driftwood, who is an upstart that will be contending for the Stevens trophy himself this season. He has the power to spark Calgary into action. I think whichever team's 1D has a stronger series will win the series.

(2):
There isn't a shadow of a doubt that Calgary will have the managerial advantage in this series. Esa has been there, done that, and consistently shown that he, more than almost any other GM in the league, has the ability to get the most out of his lines. The tricky bit, of course, is the fact that West Kendall has literally every other advantage there is, so it might not count for enough.

(4):
After the conference final round, it's hard not to pin goaltender Beaujeaux Biscuit of the West Kendall Platoon as the guy most likely to make a difference. He's probably the best goalie in the league right now. He's stolen several games during both prior series that West Kendall have played these playoffs, and I expect him to steal more.

(5):
I have only mild surprise that Calgary are already all the way back here. The Western Conference isn't that great right now. Winnipeg and Minnesota are at the nadir of rebuilds; Edmonton and Los Angeles are both declining much faster than expected. Texas is woefully inconsistent and San Francisco isn't there yet. That just leaves New Orleans as the one team that should have flogged Calgary... who then themselves disastrously fell to Texas and never even got to face Calgary. The fall of New Orleans is the only surprising part about Calgary making the Challenge Cup Final.

7:
Traditionally, when picking national anthem singers, a team will seek to have local talent represent their city, and pick a different artist for each game played. West Kendall will have four home games, tops; Calgary will have three. That's how many artists each team needs to have on standby to sing national anthems.

For West Kendall, you'd pick Miami musicians. I'd start with Pitbull; everyone loves Pitbull, except for the people who do not love Pitbull, who are assholes. Then I would have DJ Khaled, just to forcibly prove for once and for all that DK Khaled cannot sing. I would be generous and offer Jason Derulo an opportunity to sing for game five, and then game seven can have someone proper and take acclaimed tenor William Burden.

For Calgary, I've spent 20 minute searching and failed to see a single name on Wikipedia that I recognize. They can just have whoever shows up and asks to sing.

9:
The biggest disappointment for any organization that failed to make the Challenge Cup Finals was Buffalo. They didn't really do anything wrong, here; they had an even stronger team than last season, due to the relative youth of the squad, and they had it all coming together in the playoffs, too. I think I would take a look at certain names on their back end; Alexis Metzler and Charles Walker are getting older, and the Stampede need to make absolutely certain that they're still capable of playing 24 minutes a night. They also need to consider moving on from Samuel Jalopski, who is not panning out as expected. On the front end, Oliver Konig is on the older side, but not really slowing down yet; what Buffalo needs to do instead is make sure their large collection of rookies is getting the development they need- especially Selich, Sharp and Darrow, who all have the potential of becoming great players.

13:
Sent

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 11:16 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

Task 01
I traveled at home to Germany. I grew up in two seperate cities/towns of Germany so at first I went to Leipzig. There at the first night my buddies did a huge barbecue party and we had a lot of fun there. The food was delicious and so many different kind of meat. That was awesome. The day after the mayor of Leipzig planned a huge thing for me. I was be able to sign in the City-Book only famous people of the city are be able to do that. That was a huge honor for me. After that day I was traveled to Berlin and there my old Team the Eisbären Berlin presented my a statue from me of the S46 Cup Finals. Next to Chris and VLAD McZehrl their ones. That was so amazing and to be honest I had some tears rolling over my face. This was the best homecoming so far in my still young career and I hope I can still have a bigger impact in the SHL. (173 words)

Task 05
2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
Tactical and experience based the Calgary Dragons with Steelhead 77 and C00kies have a huge advantage in my eyes. But sometimes fresh blood with some fresh ideas can help so for me I dont see any team in favour. Wongy is also very experienced and JR95 has also a lot of experience now. (53 words)
3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
For me the Playoff MVP is Beaujeaux Biscuit. He was a force the playoffs as Goalie and lost only 3 Games against Buffalo and that was all. No other player has any chance this Post Season for the Razov Trophy. Gabriel Wong is for me the Unsung Hero of the West Kendall Platoon. He brought up 4 Goals and 10 Assists in 15 Games but you can hear nothing about his performance. (73 words)
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
For me it was a really shock to see the Dragons back in the Finals and not the Blizzard. So I was also very surprising about that. This must be pure tactical and experience based from the General Managers and the Coaches to fight in the finals. The players cant have this experience after this rebuild. So they can really gladly about their Post Season. (65 words)
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
In my opinion Beaujeau Biscuit is the favourite of them both because Kata Vilde is on a mid time rebuilding team that came earlier back in the finals then all thought. So with a better team in front of the net and his own abillities in the net Biscuit is go win this battle between the Goalies of the S47 Challenge Cup Final and should also win the Razov Trophy. (70 words)

Task 09
I will go with my own Franchise the Buffalo Stampede. We are very hard disappointed about our end in the East Finals. We were on the road to the finals and also lead the series against the West Kendall Platoon with three to one but then we lost damn three games in a row and lost with that the Cup Final. Then we saw how went the Finals and we thought after watching all this Games in the TV, DAMN we could be the winners of the S47 Cup now. So that really sucks for us and its very hard to manage this FACEKICK. You can't lose the series against the West Kendall Platoon if you win the very first two games and that in West Kendall. After that we struggled in the third game but brought home the win in the 4th Game and in our living room, Buffalo. I still can't imagine what happened in this followed three games against them and the lost of the Cup Final. (170 words)

Task 12
The West Kendall Platoon had their adversity in the Buffalo Stampede. The Stampede were the hardest competitor on the road for West Kendall and we saw a very hard and tight series win for West Kendall after being down and nearly out of the playoffs. The first two Games in West Kendall the Stampede brought home two wins. But then the first loss for Buffalo and the Series were 1-2 from the eyes of the West Kendall Believers. The 2nd home game of Buffalo was a win for the Stampede so the series went 1-3 against the West Kendall Platoon. Then in the following 3 games West Kendall won all three games and won with them the series to advance to the Cup Final. We can see how close they were before they got eliminated by Buffalo. But they won and they will be very motivated for the Final now. (150 words)

Task 13
PM sent

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 12:05 PM by trella.)

PBE + 3 TPE

Task 1: On the way back to my hometown, Providence, Rhode Island after losing to the bitter rival of the Blizzard, the Calgary Dragons in the second round of the SHL Playoffs, I got a phone call from and old friend telling me that there is a huge surprise waiting for me when I get back home. When I got back home to my childhood house where my parents live, they gave me a big hug and then told me to get in the car. They drove me up to the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, where the Providence Bruins play. I walked into the arena and I could hear a lot of people, but I just figured that there was a game going on. Little did I know that they were all there for my "Hometown Hero" night. I went down to the locker room and walked out onto the ice to thunderous applause and cheers. They showed a tribute video to me and I went out and took pictures and signed autographs. + 3 TPE

Task 5: a) Using my incredible powers which allow me to predict the future, I predict that none other than the West Kendall Platoon will absolutely roll over the Calgary Dragons and get the clean sweep, four games to zero. The Platoon just have way too much talent on the team and honestly the Dragons were very lucky to get this far.

b) Both of the General Manager duos are among the best of the best in the Simulation Hockey League and the matchup between Steelhead plus C00kies and JR plus Wongy will be very close, but I think I’m gonna have to give the advantage to JR and Wongy. They have shown time and time again that they are the best right now, always winning east.

c) As for who the Most Valuable Player of the Season 47 Challenge Cup Finals should be, I think that the man in the cage for the East Champion West Kendall Platoon is easily the most deserving. He has only lost 2 games the whole playoffs and put up a staggering 0.940 save percentage. These numbers are truly elite.

d) There are many players on each team that could be the biggest difference maker in this historic Challenge Cup Finals, however I believe that the most important player in this series has got to be Bojo Biscuit. He has been very hot and cold in his career but if he gets hot, the Platoon will win + 4 TPE

Task 7: For some reason, the West Kendall Platoon and the Calgary Dragons gave me, an Edmonton Blizzard player full reins to choose who will sing the National Anthems at their games in the Challenge Cup Finals. Of course, these singers need to be the best of the best as they will be singing not one, but two National Anthems on the ice in front of thousands and thousands of people, with even more watching on television. For the West Kendall Platoon, I made sure to really go out of my way to pick the best person for the job. With such a historic franchise, we really only can accept the best of the best. That is precisely why I worked long and hard to get none other than Rebecca Black, famed singer of “Friday” to sing the National Anthems. For the Calgary Dragons, I made sure to get a man from Canada, so I got Nav to sing the anthem, without autotune. Complete natural beauty. + 3 TPE

Task 13: Sent + 3 TPE

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 11:48 AM by JayWhy.)

Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

Isn't it obvious? The simmer is always the one in control. They have the ability to test sim under the exact same conditions the sim will run under. They're the only ones who would potentially have success with tests, and even then it isn't guaranteed. What comes into play is that West Kendall has the background currently. Calgary has a wealth of historical knowledge, but nothing beats the sim.

Quote:Word Count: 69 (nice.)

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

The team MVP for West Kendall is obviously Beaujeaux Biscuit. A .941 save percentage and a 1.83 goals against average is absolutely unheard of in the playoffs, to the point that I feel somewhat offended by it even. This is the most dominant performance potentially in SHL history, at least spanning back to Mike Honcho in S4. Meanwhile, the unsung hero is Joshua Woodcroft. Stepping in from Los Angeles, he played only 18 minutes per game but made them count with 10 points in 15 games, while being physical with 22 hits. He was a beast for them in the playoffs in a way that is easily overlooked at times.

Quote:Word Count: 110

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

Obviously when it comes to the Challenge Cup, you have to rely on your depth pieces. Every team has superstars at the top of their line-up who will get the play on television and radio, but you'll have shifts where they aren't out there and you have to be able to trust your players to make a play. The player who will make that kind of play is @Thelastheraclid Nat Emerson, who is absolutely the type of depth defenseman you need on a Cup winning team. He's a net-front presence, extremely physical, and gets in the way of shots. It's those players who will make a difference in getting scored on, and will ultimately be the reason the Platoon bring home the Cup.

Quote:Word Count: 123

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

Vilde has done well, yes. Ultimately, though, a player like Beaujeaux is basically unstoppable by this point. He allowed only 2 goals in the final 3 games of the Eastern Conference Finals! This is unheard of dominance from the netminder, and if anybody is able to carry their team to the end it's the man in Miami.

Quote:Word Count: 57

Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

I have the obvious answer of the Manhattan Rage. My own team, of course. A lot went into our down year, in spite of prudent moves being made to solidify our team's depth and build an all-around line-up. The biggest problem being in net where Scottey Crawfling hit a major wall. That isn't to say he's not a great goalie, he absolutely is. However, in the playoffs he had an .872 save percentage and a 3.93 goals against average. We had no chane if he's not making some stops at those crucial times to keep us in it.

Beyond that, our stars just didn't play like stars at times. There were only 5 players with more than 2 points in our 5 playoff games. Dekens wasn't able to get a shot to get to the back of the net, Rove and Aittokallio both struggled and had low shooting percentages for them as well as having to handle the defensive responsibility of facing the Syndicate top line. Ultimately, we didn't get the job done like we planned or expected to, our third pairing was crushed, our depth had no way of stopping them when the top line was out against them. We needed to make more prudent adjustments and failed to succeed in that and for that, Manhattan is the biggest disappointment.

Quote:Word Count: 221

Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

The Calgary Dragons have a defense that ultimately is not quite the best in the world. Chico Smeb and Brennan Kennedy are fantastic young players, but playing key minutes can make it difficult to keep them up to par. Young players are prone to inconsistency. Meanwhile, their first round match-up with the Edmonton Blizzard featured one of the better defensive teams in the league. After dispatching of the Blizzard, ultimately the prudent move would be to grab a player who can slot into a second pairing role and allow for a more platooning style of the third pairing with their young defensemen. Knowing you're on a path to likely facing down the West Kendall Platoon, it's best to grab someone who has been there before and had success in the playoffs. With many former Challenge Cup Champions on the roster in Edmonton from S45 when they beat the Platoon, they'd be wise to grab Brady McIntyre.

He was effectively the fourth defenseman in the S45 Challenge Cup run for Edmonton, able to fill out a second pairing role easily, and was arguably the best defenseman for Edmonton in the Calgary series being the only one with a non-negative plus/minus and playing hard minutes. He would allow Calgary the option to match up against depth with a more experienced and consistent threat on the back end.

Quote:Word Count: 226

Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

West Kendall has by far faced the most adversity of the Finals teams. When it comes to their path to the Cup, it starts with S46 with them struggling to find their footing and falling out of the playoffs. While this is a major motivating factor for most teams, the importance here is at the start of S47. West Kendall opened 2-4-1 and everybody kind of saw writing on the wall saying it's the same old Platoon as last season, maybe they're falling out of it, maybe they're too old. They went 3-1 in their next four, before succumbing to another 1-4 run in their next five. It seemed like one of those up and down seasons, morale was dropping and you could see they were going to be a bubble team at best. Then it turned around, they went on an absolute tear and started taking over the league on their way to the President's Trophy, losing only 5 games total the remainder of the season.

Then came the playoffs for the Toonza, where they quickly handled Chicago and seemed to be riding a wave where they felt on top of the world. Ultimately, that's where adversity strikes is when you're at your highest point and feel you can do nothing wrong. They lost the first two games against the Buffalo Stampede, barely edged out a 1-0 victory on the back of a 32-save performance by Beaujeaux Biscuit and then took an overtime loss in Game 4. Down 3-1, it looked like they were dead to rights, getting frustrated and losing their cool. Beaujeaux then went into an insane mode, allowing 2 goals in the final 3 games of the series and pulling West Kendall to a comeback like no other.

Quote:Word Count: 292

TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

DONE.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 04:07 PM by Lunatyck.)

You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.
Halo. Today was good day and I telling you about my great event that happen in my hometown Stare Bystre. Papa Mirek along with uncle Zdzisiek plan big celebrate for me after completing first season in big liga SHL for England New wolf. Everyone from town was there from mailman Boleslaw, to church priest Lukasz, and even my first love Aleksandra was in attendance with her 3 boys. She still looking very great but unfortunate I no having time for relationship when playing profesional hockey. The whole town awarding me many polish goat cheese, Mama sew me new t shirt, and Papa giving me bottle vodka he making himself with Zdzisiek. I drinking a couple drinks and before I know it, I very drunk and no remember very much more. But from what pepole say, I have great time. They showing me some snapchat and picture on instagram of me but lucky no one posting public or else agent would be upset very. Oh, and on my way home my neighbor giving me fresh mushrooms he picking earlier in the morning for my trip home. I loving fresh mushroom.

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.
1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
I think both teams are equally matched but I think Calgary is the team who will come out on top in a heated game 7. Calgary's elite players such as @Mike Izzy will show up big time in the final game and be involved in the game winning play. Top stars of the series will be 1. Otis Driftwood @Slappydoodle   2. Crossfit Jesus @CFJ 3. Mike Izzy@Mike Izzy
4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47? 
In the end, I think Calgary will take the title and in order to win the championship, you need your goalie to be in top form. Therefore, I believe the difference maker in this series will come down to how well Kata Vilde plays between the pipes. With a bit of momentum and some clutch saves during a 7 game series, you can find yourself on the winning side with the right back stop playing for your team and I think Vilde is coming ready to play.
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No surprise - this team is known to be a winning team throughout their SHL years so to see them bounce back and be in the finals is really no surprise to me at all. With veterans on their team leading the pack and some fresh blood filling their roles well, it was only a matter of time until Calgary was top of the stands once again. 
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No surprise - WKP are also a team who is known to compete even though they play out of a state that isn't known for hockey prowess. WKP, a consistent playoff performer, rides on the coat tail of their netminder Beaujeaux Biscuit and veterans like Crossfit Jesus. The way I see it is, if you have a Jesus, especially one who does crossfit, on your team then you are almost always poised for a good playoff run.

Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

Since we have teams from both sides of the border, we will have to make sure that both nations are represented equally and properly. With Calgary coming from the Great White North, I think it is best that we bring down Canada's queen of music, Celine Dion, to sing the national anthem. She will be accompanied by two of the red coat cop guys on horses and she will make sure to sing the French version for half the anthem to really bring everyone together from the GWN. When the USA anthem comes on, we will have no one else but Jim Cornelison to lead the anthem because no one does it better than our boy Jim. He will be sporting his signature black suit and alongside him we will have honorary veterans standing by, with a giant bald eagle call at the end of the anthem to lead into puck drop.

Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)
Buffalo Stampede - The reigning champions fell short of the repeat and given their power rankings in S46 vs S47, many would say that their performance could have been better. Buffalo showed some life by advancing to the conference finals but lost their series to West Kendall Platoon after being up 3-1 in the series. Buffalo fans, who let's be honest.. are used to disappointment across all sports, could barely believe their eyes when they watched the horror unfold and many wondered how this could happen? Well in my opinion, I feel that some red-hot stars of last season were a bit dull this time around. For example, Dermot Lavelle put up a show in S46 playoffs with 7G 9A (16P) in 17 games, whereas in S47 playoffs he only managed to put up 0G 6A in 13 games. Oliver Konig also had 20P in S46 playoffs in 17GP, whereas this time he only had 1G 4A in 13 games. Simply put, Buffalo's top tier guys who rallied their team to a championship last season were simply shut down or not firing on all cylinders this time around and eventually lost a series which they should have closed out. Perhaps if they made it to the finals, these guys could have found their groove and repeated glory in the northwest NY city, but it seems it wasn't meant to be.

PM sent with trivia answers.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 12:13 PM by micool132.)

DONE!

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more):

I am more than ready. I think spending 3 years in the SMJHL gave me the time to develop the strenght I required to play my style of game with the big boys. I intend to be a forecheck machine and to hit everything that stands between me in the puck. I don't expect to have the elite scoring ability of established players but I will bring the grind aspect of the game to the Pride that is for sure. I hope to develop more puck management skills as I transition into the big league, meaning I want to keep possession of the puck in the offensive zone until a play opens up. I am sad to leave behind the Kelowna Knights, this organisation's management and player's attitude are better than some SHL teams, a really rpofessional and enjoyable organisation. I will visit the locker room from time to time to help out new Knights that's for sure. (158 words)

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

It will play out fast, the serie won't last long even if games are to be tight. I expect Alex Light @Zoone16 to score many goals and to bring the cup to West Kendall for another time. The dragons are a good team but they don't have enough experience to close it out. Of course it is easy to predict when everyting is over but that's what I would have written anyway. (72 words)

Shooter McGavin from the Calgary Dragons should be the MVP so far in the playoffs but it could very well change depending on how the final plays off. The unsung hero is also on Calgary's side, Barry Batsbak joined the team mid playoffs and has been keeping up with much bigger players than him. He brings a lot of intangible and brought deepness to the dragon's forward core. (68 words)

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
Crossfit JEsus has been on fire so far in the whole playoffs and I expect him to continue and to bring just too much for Calgary to handle. He has the ability to change the momentum of a game either with a perfect pass or a nasty goal. He makes miracles and of course his fitness level from crossfiting is off the charts. If West Kendall wins it all, Crossfit Jesus should be the playoffs MVP if he contributes the same way he did in the previous rounds. (88 words)

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Mild surprise, I think they know how to build succesful team and it all starts with active prospects and good development. They play in a weak division which makes it a bit easier to come back into playoff portrait but to me the big surprise came from that they beat teams that should have beaten them easily.  The surprise is really that they are in the finals, I expected them to make the playoffs from the beginning of the season. (80 words)

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise. This team has been consistent in making the playoffs and causing surprises over the last few seasons with a solid core and timely player acquisition. Some core players are regressing but with their skill level it doesn't show too much.  They have a solid netminder in Beaujeaux Biscuit and the rest of the palyers all push in the same direction regardless of if they are the star player or the depth player. (74 words)

I think Biscuit will have the upper hand on Vilde has he plays behind a more experienced team.  Kata Vilde would really have to be #betterthanbojo to carry the team to the win. I expect both goalies to have solid stats but that West Kendall's keeper will be the most clutch of the 2 scrapping saves where unexpected to make his team win.  Biscuit has also proven he can get the job done twice during his career which should bring confidence to his team's play. (85 words)

You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

The national anthem will be singed by legendary Metal Band Dethklok. Nathan Explosion offered the league a free performance if they do not sue the band if any of the spectator's face were to be melt off during the show either by the huge pyrotechnics or from a sick solo. The league agreed, wanting to change their no--fun league reputation.  The band represents Dragons and Platoons well as they are the most badass band in the world and both team's logo are badass as well.  During the performance, the crowd was kinda surprised that the lyrics were growled out by Nathan Explosion, something that never happened on live television. The critic coming from purist when a 5 minute solo was played at the end of each anthem was huge and overtook the other critics who were complaining that there was no deaths during the performance, something usual at Dethklok's performance. Dethklok also made sure the plug the Duncan Hills Coffee brand during the performance, as the band is the biggest sellouts ever. (172 words)

I think I expected the Buffalo Stampede to win it all this year as they have a really solid team with developing players and established veterans. I'm not sure how they didn't reach the finals, maybe the coaching could not adapt as well as other teams ahve adapted to their playstyle, maybe they had hidden injuries to key players or simply the fact that they had won in the last season players were exhausted from playing too much hockey in a shorter timespan. I think they lacked scoring in tight games or allowed 1 too many goal in said tight games during the playoffs. This can easily break down the team's morale. Overall they had a really good team with no real weakness but I think their star players could have been more responsible defensively and the depth players could have contributed a little bit more to the scoresheet if they wanted to reach the finals. (156 words)

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019, 12:28 PM by bk1689.)

Code:

Going back to my hometown of Vienna was great, I go there every offseason, but showing up and having the day be about me was amazing. The day started out with a big surprise as fellow Dragon teammate and honorary Austrian, Mike Izzy, was waiting for me at the airport as I touched down. It was great bringing him around and introducing him to my friends and family. We walked down to the city centre where the events were being held. Some of the people from the city presented us with a chicken parm, which was amazing by the way. The crowd roared as we took the stage and thanked them for their hospitatlity and told them not only did we plan on bringing the cup back, but also promised them a gold medal as well. The day went into the night as bands were playing, food and beers was consumed, and not enough sleep was had by anyone.

I can see this series going the distance, with either team able to pull out a win. I think the stars are going to be both of the netminders, Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit. Either one of them can steal a game or two, and both have been very impressive on their teams respective playoff runs. @nimblerod , @.bojo

Ithink the tactical advantage has to go to the Dragons duo of Steelhead77and c00kies. The history speaks for itself as the Dragons track record alone proves why anyone would be foolish to think these two couldn't pull it off. Nothing against JR95 and Wongy, but I feel like having one of the greatest gm's of all time, the Dragons can never be counted out.

I think each teams MVP thus far would be both of the goalies, Beauxjeaux Biscuit and Kata Vilde. The series will come down to which one of these two breaks first. For an unsung hero, I think Chico Smeb has got to be up there. He's been lighting it up this run, but doing so quietly.

Mild surprise. I am a bit shocked to be honest to be where we are this early into the rebuild. Esa has a history of getting the most out of his players, so it is to be expected that was able to make this young up and coming team get into the position they are in now.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

I think this series could be the series that Chico Smeb and Brennan Kennedy Jr break out, Smeb has had a strong showing all playoffs, but could really put on a show. Kennedy Jr, has been held pointless in the first 2 rounds, but has played a strong defensive game. Look for this to change and see these 2 names all over the scoresheet in this series. @xDParK

Mild surprise. I feel like this would be a bigger surprise if I was asked this at the beginning of the season, but as the season went on and West Kendall started loading up on players, it became obvious they thought the had the team to make a deep run in the playoffs and push for a cup.

Code:

Clagary's anthem, I have to go with none other the great Canadian band, Rush with a surprise visit for the Tragically Hip. Having both bands together to perform the nation anthem would be clearly the most Canadian anthem possible and would be amazing. Both bands represent Canada very well and would be proud to play a Challenge Cup final game and try and push the momentum in the Dragons favor.

West Kendall would have Mr. 305, aka Mr. Worldwide, aka Pitbull. How could you have a team in Florida and possibly have anyone else be your anthem singer. He would bring a passion and energy to the crowd that would be nearly unmatchable by most people. The anthem wouldn't just be him singing, it would have to be a big elaborate spectacle as nothing Pitbull does is typically low key. Lights, pyro technics and of course beautiful girls all around him.

Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

The Dragons faced some adversity through the season. Early on it wasn't clear if they would be in the playoff hunt as they weren't playing to their full potential. After some motivational speeches and a few tactical changes by captain of the ship @Steelhead77 , they started to gain some traction and get some hope. As the season went on, Calgary climbed there way up the standings and eventually finished 2nd in the divison. Good enough to get a bye from the first round of the playoffs. During the middle of this, Clgary also unveiled a new logo that was quickly found to be a logo that was quite common and cause quite a bit of outrage around the league. After scraping the plans for the logo change, the Dragons banded together even more then before and were able to play to their abilities and finish the season out very strong

Code:

3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

[b]Done[/b]

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Man, being introduced back to the nice city of Chicago – where my cousins were both born was awesome. I used to watch as a kid when they were celebrated across the city, and the city did not disappoint for me. Basically I was given a private jet, this jet was awesome, they took me to the city from Detroit, and wine’d and dine’d me on the plane. I even got a helicopter tour around the entire city. After the tour, I had a interview with the mayor of the city where I was presented the “keys” to the city. Something that has not been done in the city of Chicago since the playing days of Jordin FourFour Jr. I was celebrated by the fans, as many of them offered to take me out later that night. I declined because I am an athlete in peak condition, and did not need to be killing my body. Nonetheless, great experience.

(158 words)

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?.. what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about? what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Man, it feels like I’ve been in the SMJHL for an eternity, but this is actually the shortest stay I have had in the minor league since I played with Jordin FourFour, almost 35 seasons ago. Playing two years in the minors was a huge learning experience for me. I tried to focus mainly on my defensive game, but the fact of the matter is that you need to have a solid two-way game to succeed in this league, without the point production you just aren’t as big of an asset to your team as you could be. That being said, I believe my defensive game is easily SHL ready. I can step into a top four role for the Barracuda and shut down the perennial stars all night long. As for my weaknesses, easily my scoring and passing ability, while I aim to work on it tremendously throughout the offseason, I still need it to be upped a lot to be able to succeed on a production level.

(169 words)

Going to be a fun finals matchup for sure, easily two top teams in the league, and the stars will be Sophia Bennett from the Platoon, and Dani Forsberg also from the Platoon (ex-dragon too). From the Dragons it’ll be the TPE whore Mike Izzy, and Otis B. Driftwood, and these guys will carry their teams to victory.

@Mike Izzy @Slappydoodle @goilers @Insayne

I truly think that this is a fairly even set of managements going against each other, Steelhead and Cookies have the advantage of being in the finals before, with relatively the same team, while JR has the advantage of knowing the sim quite well through his expertise of simming the league.

The different maker for the Platoon will be Sophia Bennett. This team was one that was already very good at the start of the season, and with the addition of Sophia Bennet just became even better. If he Platoon did not have her on the team, I’d say this would be fairly even, but the fact that Bennett just brings the point production with her is huge, and I’d say she will be the difference maker in the series.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

I wanna say mild surprise, but im going to go with no surprise. Steelhead has done such a good job with this team in the last 20 seasons ensuring that they are a competitive team year in and year out. They still had star players like Mike Izzy and Otis. B. Driftwood coming through the woodworks, so these players have been able to pick up the slack and put the with the GM abilities of Steelhead, and it’s really no surprise they are back in the finals.

The Calgary Dragons’s national anthem speaker would be no other than hometown hero George Canyon. Canyon spent quite a few seasons as the anthem singer for the NHL’s Calgary Flames, and was always adored by fans around the world for his pristine signing ability. He really embodies the nature of the city of Calgary with his western and country vibe, while his voice is something that resembles that of an angelic being. For the West Kendall Platoon, it would have to be someone like Lil Uzi Vert, really embodying the Florida vibes even though he isn’t from there, but to hear him sing both the US and Canadian national anthems would be incredible because he could throw some ad-libs in there and really shine up the start of the game. Both of these singers would also be compensated quite well by both teams, and will have to dress up in team colors in order to make it onto the ice. If they do not follow these instructions, Akashi SixNine and Tekashi SixNine will sing for them.

It’s crazy..the fact that the Dragons went through a minor rebuild and are back at this stage is insane. This is a team that really shouldn’t have been here, as we all know that rebuilds in this league take years, upon years to complete. But somehow, they pulled off a miracle and ousted the Texas Renegades in seven games. A team that defeated the Western Conference Champtions, and reigning Western Champtions; the New Orleans Specters. The Dragons are a team that is full of heart and tenacity. They might not have that many big names on the roster, but every night these guys come ready to lace their skates up and play the game of hockey. It’s a big deal to the city of Calgary as they haven’t experienced a finals berth in a few seasons. With so much adversity behind them, only four wins stand between the Calgary Dragons and the coveted Challenge Cup. Only the hockey gods will tell if they can hoist the cup up after an amazing, storybook season.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 12:38 AM by crutch.)

Code:

Chuck Crutchfield coming back to Los Angeles International Airport was not that exciting, as many different people come back through that airport with much more fame than Chuck. However, there were some pineapples there that Chuck ate and they were tasty. Due to being such a small star in comparison to the rest of the talent and celebrities that live in Los Angeles, it makes it hard for SHL players to get noticed. However, when Chuck got back to Los Angeles, he focused primarily on his training routine and working hard to get ready for next season to be the best player that he can be for his team. There are no big moments for SHL players who live in Los Angeles that do not play for the Los Angeles Panthers. Unless you're a hall of famer, of course. I guess it just wasn't meant to be for Chuck to have a massive day in LA.

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. I think that the West Kendall Platoon will win. I just think that up and down the lineup they are a stronger team than the Dragons. With that being said, the series can obviously go either way. My pick for the Playoff MVP is Sophia Bennett. I think the acquisition from the Panthers will show up huge for the Platoon in the biggest games.

3. Going back to the previous question, I think that Sophia Bennett should be the playoff MVP for the reasons that I outlined earlier. As for unsung hero, I think that nobody on the Platoon really stands out as an unsung hero, but Karsten Kadinger has played some solid hockey quietly in order to help propel the Platoon towards this cup.

4. I think the biggest difference maker will be Beaujeaux Biscuit of the platoon. Biscuit has been insane throughout this playoff run, carrying this quiet offensive team throughout the playoffs. However, any player in the Platoon's top 6 can step up and go off at any time which makes it difficult to just pick one player that can go off and carry this team to a championship, or make a massive difference.

8. Going back to the last question, I think Biscuit has a better chance of carrying their franchise to a title. No shade towards Vilde, who has shown that he can perform through bigger situations, but I personally think that the Platoon had a tougher route to the final, and because of that, they will be more prepared than the Dragons in the finals.

Code:

Being biased here a bit, but I think that Texas not making it to the Challenge Cup final was a bit of a disappointment. I felt like we had outplayed Calgary all series long, but it came down to a goaltending battle that the Renegades could not win against the star-studded Calgary Dragons. I think a lot of it attributes to the top 4 defense of the Renegades not being super solid, due to myself being a lower TPE player playing in those minutes. With that being said, it seemed like our offence had dried up and it made it difficult for the Renegades to really get things going against the Dragons, which really led to us getting rolled over by Calgary. Again, nothing but respect to the Dragons but I definitely think that Texas didn't play to their potential against them. Not sour grapes or anything as Esa and c00kies are great GMs and it was pleasurable dealing with them in whatever role I was in, whether it be with HO or as a GM of the Renegades.

Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involved)

The West Kendall Platoon faced a cannon full of adversity throughout the past couple of seasons, and them making it to the finals is quite remarkable. Head GM Jon Ross has done a great job on keeping his team growing and trending in a positive direction over the past couple of seasons, and his championship reigns have definitely proved that he has done well. With the retirement of superstars on his team putting a dent in the general growth of the team, WKP chose to take on a risk and made a big statement by trading for both Sophia Bennett and Joshua Woodcroft from the Los Angeles Panthers, who are currently rebuilding. By trading for two superstars on a team that wasn't close to the playoffs, it showed that the Platoon had decided to go all in and face adversity through that, and it paid off with a Challenge Cup victory.

Code:

sent

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Code:
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to
the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready
and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited
about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Fox has spent the previous three seasons with the St Louis Scarecrows, winning two Four Star Cups in that time. Fox spent the previous two seasons as a center for St Louis, but with his callup to New Orleans imminent, it looks like a move back to the wing is in store for the young star. When asked about whether he was ready for his callup, Fox had this to say: "I think I'm ready for the SHL. I've put in a lot of time working on different aspects of my game, and now after spending time as a center, I think I know what might be going through the mind of the center on my line, so that may end up helping my game as a winger. I think I've still got to work on my conditioning a bit but I don't think it will be too much of an issue to work on this offseason. I'm sad to leave behind the teammates I've spent seasons with and the rookies I bonded with this past season, but I'm excited to finally get to play with Jimmy Slothface and be reunited with Aleister Cain."

Code:
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must
be '50' words or more.

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77,
C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why? 
3. Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their
teams unsung hero thus far and why?
4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
5. After trading off their best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary
Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major
surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here
in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which
franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

2. Before this series started, I would have given the managerial edge to Calgary (@Steelhead77 & @c00kies). These two have managed a highly respected organization in Calgary for many seasons, and managed to return Calgary to the Challenge Cup Finals after declaring a full rebuild in S45. Not many GMs in this league would be able to manage such a feat, and we should see Calgary reaffirm their position near the top of the standings as a team to be feared and respected in the upcoming seasons.

3. West Kendall's Beaujeaux @.bojo Biscuit was undoubtedly WKP's MVP both heading into the Challenge Cup and should be after the conclusion of the Challenge Cup. WKP's unsung hero, for me, was actually their leading scorer in the playoffs, Crossfit @CFJ Jesus. Biscuit ended the playoffs with a record of 12-2-1, .941 save pct, and a 1.83 GAA. The reason Crossfit is the "unsung hero" is because Biscuit stole the show with his play in net. Crossfit logged 16 points in 15 games and zero penalty minutes.

4. Looking back on a completed Challenge Cup Finals, the difference maker for me was yet again Beaujeaux Biscuit. Through the 4 games in the finals, Biscuit never had a save percentage below .911, facing a high volume of shots in each game of the series. Despite the team in front of him dropping the ball and allowing a high volume of shots, Biscuit was there to bail his team out of tough situations and was a key player in ensuring West Kendall swept Calgary.

5. "Mild surprise." Having sold the majority of their top end in S45, there shouldn't have been a way for Calgary to have made it back to the finals this soon. This resurgence is proof of two things: the strength of their managerial duo and the strength of their drafting. If it weren't for strong drafting, they wouldn't have had the pieces in place to step into the holes left by the players traded off. On the other hand, if it weren't for their general managers, they wouldn't have drafted as well or knew that they would still be okay if they declared a full rebuild.

6. Prior to this finals, my pick for young breakout players would have been Nicky Pedersen Jr (@mstuk41). Pedersen Jr. was a point-per-game player for Calgary in the playoffs heading into the finals, notching 5 goals and 6 assists in the 11 games prior to the Challenge Cup. In the finals, he managed another goal and 2 assists in 4 games. While Calgary didn't finish on top, they've got a bonafide star in the making in Pedersen Jr.

8. Even before the finals started I would have said Beaujeaux Biscuit would have been the pick to carry his team in the finals, and boy did he do just that. Like stated in one of the previous answers, Biscuit didn't have a game in the finals with a save percentage below .911 and faced a high volume of shots in each game. 

Code:
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do
you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

New Orleans had high expectations heading into the postseason after a stellar regular season that saw them win the western conference and finish second overall, only behind West Kendall. New Orleans ultimately fell to Texas, who made it back into the playoffs after missing out the previous season. New Orleans had a good mixture of veteran talent and young guns that rounded out their lineup, and with one of the better netminders in the league in Aleister Cain, New Orleans looked primed to take the Challenge Cup in only their second season of existence. In the playoffs, New Orleans lack of depth on defense ultimately led to their early exit. No matter how good of a goalie they have, if he's left out to dry, there's not much he can do to save New Orleans. If the Specters want a title anytime soon, they need more depth on defense, and fast.

Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity
one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

There's really no question about what the answer should be here. West Kendall found themselves down 3 games to 1 to the defending Challenge Cup Champions Buffalo after sweeping Chicago. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, West Kendall rattled off 7 straight wins not only to beat Buffalo in 7, but to also sweep Calgary in the finals. In a battle of high powered offenses, the West Kendall-Buffalo series ultimately came down to goaltending, where Beaujeaux @.bojo Biscuit had a .978 save percentage in the final three games of the series, only allowing 2 goals on 92 shots. For an offense that averaged 4.18 goals per game in the regular season, they needed everything they got out of their netminder in the final three games of that series, managing wins of 2-1, 2-1, and 3-0 after only managing 6 goals in the first 4 games of the series. Luckily for West Kendall, their offense found their footing in the finals against Calgary where they managed to score 20 in the 4 games of that series. 

Task 13: PM'd

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Code:
TASK 02: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The leagues running an auction where all proceeds will go to the education departments of both teams in the challenge cup finals! create a graphic of a player in the challenge cup series holding up an
SHL related item for bidding. Graphic should include a pic of that player, his name, his team logo, the item hes showing off for bidding and wording about what we are seeing in the graphic. (*tag that player)

@Mike Izzy
[Image: unknown.png]
Code:
TASK 04: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Calgary and WKP are giving the first 7,500 fans in the building a Challenge Cup poster of one of there young up and coming stars in their organization! Create that poster! ...must include that
players render, player name, team name, team logo and exciting wording to highlight that player. (*tag that player)

@Steelhead77

Code:

After Beaujeaux Biscuit robbed Buffalo Stampede of the spot in the finals there's no doubt about the impact on the ice he has. Letting in 3 goals on 92 shots the last three games versus Buffalo is an insane feat.
As long as Beaujeaux Biscuit guards the net in the finals this will be decided!

Code:
TASK 06: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Create a playoff collage for one of the teams in the challenge cup finals! Collage must have a title, the logo of the team and at least 4 pictures with player names and wording explaining what each playoff pic was about. (*Tag everyone involved in the collage)
@Insayne @.bojo @Acsolap @CFJ

Code:
TASK 08: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
The WWF (World Wildlife Foundation) and the SHL are working together as the cover of their June magazine will boast an SHL player in the finals along side an animal.. and your job is to create the cover!  On a Magazine cover,
should include the WWF logo, a title of front page, an SHL players render, his name and team logo, plus an animal of your choice next to him.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it.
Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

RETIRED

Code:
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero
I went to my home town in Sweden after the end of the Jets season, which is Gothenburg. I wasn't sure I was even going but my team told me not to miss the opportunity and to go. I think they were just proud of a player coming from there to the SHL, it's a big deal. My family showed up to pick me up and took me to a small parade in my honor. Hundreds of supporters and friends turned out waving signs of encouragement. I received a trophy from the mayor honoring my accomplishments and it felt really special, I am glad I went. Cameras filmed all of the ceremony so now it's on youtube and it was all over the evening news there. I didn't realize how big of an impact my pro career had made on my city but now I'm even more determined to become a star in the league.
Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup
2. I think that @JR95 and @Wongy have the advantage because they just had the pressure on them and had to battle to win the last series, the seven game showdown with Buffalo prepared them to face Calgary and I think they figured out the tactics, lines, and strategies that work best for them in the postseason. I also think that they had to be creative regular season too to get back to the playoffs so that also helps them.
4. I think that Otis B. Driftwood @Slappydoodle is the key to Calgary winning the title if they do in S47 because he's the most important part of their defense and also really important to their offense. He will have to keep their power play and defense open and probably play lots of minutes, his team needs him.
6. I think Maxime Bouchard @Weretarantula from S45 can break out and start scoring in bunches, his team really needs secondary scoring and to break down West Kendall's defense. He had a decent rookie season and this finals opportunity can get him proper recognition around the league if he plays well, even get him more minutes next year.
8. I think Beajeaux Biscuit @.bojo has a better chance just because he has slightly more TPE and he is riding a lot of momentum after playing great the last few games in the conference finals, that must be a major confidence booster. Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollin will be good but Biscuit has the edge in experience too so I just think he'll be just enough better.
Code:
I think it was the Buffalo Stampede because they won the cup last year and were looking for a repeat this year. They had every chance to win but they kind of choked and led the Platoon win three straight games. I think the reason they fell short is they couldn't come up big when it counted most and there wasn't the heart and the drive. They got shut out the last game of the series even when they should have realized "oh my we are facing elimination it's game 7 we need to win", instead sort of playing halfheartedly. I think after you win you get complacent and that's what bit the Buffalo Stampede this year, they needed to lose to get back into form next year probably. Still, their fans expected a lot more after finally getting results last year and they were favorites among the SHL crowd so probably the biggest disappointment of a team.
Code:
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup?
So the Calgary Dragons knocked out the Texas Renegades, but the Renegades have some awesome defensemen that can help out with guys like @Slappydoodle Otis B. Driftwood. I think the defenseman Calgary would pick would be Liam O'Callaghan @Dangles13 just because he had a great season and he's an awesome scoring, physical, two-way defender. Otis B. Driftwood could be ahead of him in the lineup still as their top option, taking the first pairing challenging duties, but O'Callaghan on pairing two would be pretty much unfair because he's a true #1 too, so there's basically no rest for the opposing teams forwards, no easy matchups. O'Callaghan could also be on the second power play unit because he's a great passer and has a great shot, and he could also help out with penalty killing duties because he's a responsible guy, he can do it all. I think this would help a lot by seeing a slight rise in the Calgary scoring and also a decrease in the opposing team's scoring against Calgary.
Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals.
The West Kendall Platoon led by @JR95 and @Wongy needed some serious fighting spirit and creativity from their management to come back against Buffalo down 3-1 in the series, especially after the crushing blow they started the series off on getting shut out in Game 1. They must have felt really heart broken too after losing to Buffalo in over time in game 4 and being back two games facing elimination is super hard to claw your way back in, but West Kendall wasn't a team to give up. Instead, they won two one goal games with their goalie Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo coming up big and stopping practically everything Buffalo threw at him. They slammed the door shut in Game 7, with Biscuit playing lights out and LITERALLY stopping everything Buffalo put on net. This shutout performance under pressure was really impressive and they triumphed despite the challenge and adversity of that conference final series.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 12:55 AM by GoonerBear.)

Code:

Reginald MacIntyre returned briefly to his hometown of Inverness, where the Highlands village had a surprise planned for him: a day of celebration for him! For putting Inverness somewhat on the hockey map as the birthplace of the captain of the Manhattan Rage, a member of the first UK squad to win IIHF gold and two IIHF silver medalist runs. His family was always at the forefront of the celebration, including his parents, a few of his aunts and uncles and cousins who had made their own lives in Scotland. The day was spent primarily in the downtown streets with quite a bit of food, drink, and games, both traditional Highland games and a bit of ice frozen to host some hockey-based competitions. To wrap the day of festivities, the city took Reginald to a special groundbreaking ceremony for the Inverness Ice Hockey Complex, a facility featuring rinks for competitions of all ages, from the youngest youth allowed to lace them up to adult leisure teams and even rumors of a senior league. He had never before shed such tears of joy with an audience watching. MacIntyre was honored additionally with the reveal of a large plaque bearing his likeness which would hang in the facility's lobby upon completion, which is expected in another three years and parting words of "if you want a statue, go win a Cup first!"

(230)

Task 05: (2 TPE)

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals...just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise. The team's management has made excellent decisions on making their tactics work for their club. Their player development and market acquisitions have always had staying competitive in mind, even in the face of stars going away like what happened in the Expansion Draft. They have the next man up mentality among management to get their next roleplayer up to where they will fit and they re-rack for the next run. They had a down season earlier in the 40s and bounced right back into a deep playoff run.

(90)

No surprise. Similar to Calgary, West Kendall have found their stride. Unlike Calgary, it took them a long time to finally regain Challenge Cup glory. Now that they have pushed their way to the top once in recent memory, they have kept their core happy, their tactics sharp, and finding winning ways. Getting that first title in many seasons released a great weight off the franchise, and they have played so much more loose and confident since. They are in the upswing of the cycle to stay for some time.

(90)

Code:

Wow, did the Minnesota Chiefs fall off a cliff this past season. Third-worst record in the SHL, last in the West, and after the team had quite the run of always being a threat to take the Western Conference. They were similarly ranked in goals scored and goals conceded and second-last in difference. A midseason swoon against teams they should definitely not be dropping games against - the likes of San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Winnipeg this past season, Los Angeles...they didn't even do so hot against the competition that also missed out on the postseason. A 3-7-0 stretch through the final 10 games of the season sealed their place in the cellar out West. This is normally a team that can at least make a series or late-season stretch competitive, though not even getting close to threatening felt like they could have done far better. And this is all before the offseason controversies which will condemn them to more of the same for at least Season 48.

(167)

Code:
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

The Calgary Dragons would have had their pick from the Edmonton Blizzard or the Texas Renegades. I personally would have chosen to tap up Brady McIntyre @caltroit_red_flames to bolster their defense. He's the most valuable player on that franchise, would be if he was on Texas, and having a look back at the championship round results, he would have made a massive difference for your fortunes against the Platoon. Could have really used pulling back a goal or two per game to at least extend the series. With his mastery of setups from the regular season, notching 39 assists, that opens up a lot of playmaking opportunity as well. Factoring him on both ends would have netted you a solid one- or two-goal swing in each game, which would have won you at least a couple of those games and bought you two more to get it together down the stretch.

(151)

Code:
There's no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

The West Kendall Platoon, in the round preceding the Challenge Cup Finals, stared down a highly probable elimination at the hands of the defending champions, the Buffalo Stampede. Down 3-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals, the President's Trophy winners had all the trends aligned to get bounced and for Buffalo to advance to the championship in consecutive seasons.

But ask from thy saviors, Beaujeaux Biscuit @.bojo and Crossfit Jesus @CFJ , and ye shall receive! Biscuit only yielded 2 goals across the final 3 games of the series, earning him two 1st Stars and a 2nd Star, and Jesus scored 2 goals and 1 assist down the stretch for a 1st Star and a 2nd Star in games where scoring suddenly dried up and those few goals proved precious and decisive. Led by their now retired star forward and their stonewall keeper, West Kendall found a way back from a brink many before fell from.

(155)

TASK 13 (3 TPE)

Complete

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Task 1:
Being from Vancouver, Canada, hockey is a very big deal to almost the entire population. There are many hockey players that were either born or grew up in Vancouver, but none are as big as Jordan von Matt. The entire town planned to honour him as the Hometown Hero when he flew back from a game in West Kendall. The plan was to have a huge parade for Jordan and to give him the key to the city. No one actually knows what this means, but it's mentioned in almost every major parade in entertainment history. The key is almost always way too big to fit in any normal lock either, so it's very clearly just for show. Anyway, the parade would finish in the late afternoon, where Jordan just wanted some peace and quiet with his close friends and family. They'd hang out downtown and drink a few craft beers.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]