Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

SHL Team: Edmonton Blizzard
Affiliate Club: Red Deer Renegades

Location: There are a few cities surrounding Edmonton that would work here, but I feel Red Deer makes the most sense. Situated just over 90 minutes from Edmonton it'd be super convenient in the event of a call up, and more importantly the Blizzard fans could rip down to Red Deer to catch their future Blizzard stars tear up the affiliate league. I almost thought to use Lethbridge, but I felt that town would better if used by the Calgary SHL club, the Dragons.

Name: I had half a mind to go with the classic Red Deer Rebels, but I figure it'd be best to use a shred of creativity here. The Renegades is a catchy name with no real significance to the area. In fact several teams in other leagues, including the SMJHL, have a club named the Renegades. It works.

Management: The Blizzard roster is chalked full of quality users ready to take on a management role. Keygan and Tommy already have enough on their plate so it's only natural they give some of their more recent acquisitions an opportunity. Several names come to find, but I feel a team of @Julio Tokolosh and @FinnRhys would be terrific. The Blizzard's top 2 picks in 2 of the previous 3 drafts, it would be a fantastic way to get more involved with the organization.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

New England Wolfpack is located in Boston, Massachusetts. Only natural that the affiliate team is somewhere close, so my pick for the team is: Portland Pirates! Couple hour drive between the two cities is not as bad, so could see a lot more movement between the two teams when players could be sent down to play game or two to get some much-needed game time if Wolfpack has a break between games and Pirates are playing.

The story behind Portland Pirates is a fun one, a crazy man built a massive pirate-themed amusement park to the middle of Portland, it was a big hit and many loved the place, but after 20 years it closed in 2014. Couple years later Portland Pirates was born, Pirates name is to show respect and love towards the crazy man and the popular amusement park. Portland Pirates is not just a hockey team where players can start to feel the professional hockey vibe, but it´s an organization that has multiple youth teams in various age groups, a real hockey program behind the whole team, which also makes it an ideal team for New England to have a connection with, younger players from Wolfpack get to practice in top facilities and Wolfpack gets to watch talented younger players who could be available to be drafted in the future.

Hamilton is already a pretty small city in regards to other bigger SHL cities like Toronto or Manhattan, so it's hard to pick a city small enough to work as an affiliate, but the GTA boasts a big population with a lot of surrounding cities that do become promising. The leading choice, in my opinion, would be Mississauga, just a short 30 or so minute drive away from the Steelhawks arena. Having a city this close would make call ups a real easy thing to manage, but also promotes team events and a sense of unity between the Steelhawks and their affiliate. Not only that, but Hamilton boasts a full cast of people with GM experience such as Gooney, Pris, Zach, Dmills, Tig, Adam, Teddy and JP who could run the affiliate really well. Now onto branding, and I think Mississauga has a strong set of options to use. In keeping a close theme to aviation like Hamilton has, a connection to the GTA, and a consistent colour scheme, Mississauga's brand would be the Mississauga Blue Jays, sporting bright Neon blue jerseys with muted white and grey accents, like the Hamilton affiliate. All in all, this would be the best way to have an associated development franchise for Hamilton.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

With a new minor league affiliate announcement from the league, the Los Angeles Panthers had a tough choice to make. Being that Los Angeles is on the west coast, they figured the best thing to do is keep a minor team in the general area. That is why they have chosen to place their SMJHL minor affiliate in Salt Lake City. Utah is a hockey hotbed that just hasn't been tapped like other markets. The Salt Lake City Trailriders seem like a perfect name and choice for the franchise that will call themselves home to the Panthers minor league players. With that come some management and direction. The team would announce the management group as @Wasty and @Reynolds. As two long standing Los Angeles Panthers agents, they would be the perfect combo to help groom young talent and assist in day to day functions with the players and coaches. You need strong veteran leadership and that is what they would provide.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

PBE PT

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

The now Hamilton Steelhawks would have an affiliate in an area that represents their name well - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh or Philly does not currently occupy a team in the SImulation Hockey League, but if it were to own a team, branded, designed and authored by the management of the Hamilton Steelhawks ownership group, it would be one that showcases the steel bird mascot the Hamilton Steelhawks operate under. The team would be called the Pittsburgh SteelBirds, and is a nice play on words of the Hamilton Steelhawks. Pittsburgh already has talented atheletes such as Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin, so we could pull some Monstars shit and take their talents and infuse them into some of the Steelbirds players, allowing the Steelhawks parent organization to be able to grow succintly in the Simulation Hockey League, and generate top end talent in the minors. I would have @bbp and @DanbyRem own and run the team because they have a great expertise of playing and owning teams.

(165 words)

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 08:09 PM by Bonk.)

You have to have known that I would be writing about the Binghamton Hellbenders. How can I not? So let me bring you up to speed if you have not read about the Hellbenders before. The Binghamton Hellbenders would be based out of Binghamton NY and would be named after a salamander native to the area a salamander that can grow to 29 inches in length, the hellbender. Plus it sounds cool.

The Binghamton has a rich hockey history that should be recognized by the SHL somehow. If for nothing else for the city being the home for the Broome Dusters. The city that hosted the infamous the game where Jeff and Steve Carlson got immediately into a fight after the opening faceoff. Which served as inspiration for the greatest hockey movie of all time, Slap Shot. I have all the details worked out.

Their logo would look like this.
[Image: bender.png]

The Hellbenders Mascot would dress like this.
[Image: bender-moscot.jpg]

And their jersey’s would look like this.
[Image: benders1.jpg]

We can make this happen.

Words 170ish

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

If the Los Angeles Panthers were to get a minor league affiliate, ours would be the San Diego Jaguars. I chose San Diego due to their strong outpouring of support for franchises in the past. The city supported the San Diego Gulls like they were a big league franchise and I think they would do the same for the Jaguars. I would name the team the Jaguars due to process of elimination. Both Lions and Panthers are covered by other SHL and SMJHL teams, so the Jaguars is the next logical step in the big cat family. If I had to choose anyone from my current team to take control of the San Diego Jaguars, it would be @Marley. He is a veteran of the SHL with over 30 seasons of experience with multiple players and has remained active throughout. His knowledge of the league would be a huge help for both player development and scouting the future best.

Code:
159 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

The Chicago Syndicate's farm team would be called the Milwaukee Hitmen. I decided to choose Milwaukee since it's only an hour and a half drive away from Chicago which is important since it will allow the team to call up players from the farm team at the last minute without having to put them on a flight and would also allow the team to have some of their farm players train and practice with the SHL team. The name Hitmen keeps the same theme as the Syndicate's name and pays homage to Chicago's now defunct SMJHL team, the Chicago Hitmen, it also flows very well. The management of the team would consist of myself, the co-GM of the Anaheim Outlaws, and @shutdown, current scout for the Anaheim Outlaws. Both of us have been gaining management experience at the junior level and would do well in an environment of a farm team where the main idea is helping the pro team's players grow.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Code:
Written Task: In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaberative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)

The Tampa Bay Barracuda will have a new minor league affiliate, the Orlando Florida Men. We decided to call it such as it is a very creative and good name for a team based out of Florida. Florida Man is a very popular figure in Florida so the Tampa Bay Barracuda have decided to name their minor league affiliate with such a name. It's a great name that will strike fear into the hearts of the opposing minor league affiliate teams. The Tampa Bay Barracuda have decided to name @Fantobens as the manager of the new team. He himself is a Florida man so it only makes sense that local Florida man manages hockey team. The Orlando Florida Men will be a very successful and important team in the Simulation Hockey League's new affiliate league and will be influential in making the league successful. Tampa Bay will be close enough to watch their players develop and keep a close eye on developing manager Fantobens. This is a great idea and will be great.

173 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PBE PT

The Tampa Bay Barracuda affiliate team will remain close to home and be in Florida, more specifically Orlando. The Cuda want to continue growth of the sport in the Sunshine State and want to grow a fan base that stretches all the way from Miami to the panhandle. The name will be "The Orlando Octopus Sponsored by the Walt Disney Company." Because Disney is always involved in all things Orlando. Also, it's named like that because octopuses (octopi?) are cool and it keeps with the FISH NOISES theme with the Cuda. I would want to manage it, as I feel with my prior experience in management roles I have had successful teams. I also have in the past lived in Florida (Tampa itself actually) so I know how Floridians are and how to attract Florida Man to hockey games. The proximity of the team will help the Cuda have a closer eye in watching how their players develop and allow them to make call UPeS and send downs much easier. The Octopus are ready to entangle themselves in hockey!

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Written Task: In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaborative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)

The New England Wolfpack's minor league affiliate would definitely have to be the Old Town Road Horsepack. We decided that a fusion of old and new is the way to go -- and we thought it'd be a bit ironic that the new is the old and the old is the new. The mixing of trendiness and old town New England will be headed by none other than Ed @"Flareon4043" Balls, since we all know New England loves to call their players up early and Ed Balls loves it when his players are called up. Joining him on the management team would be Cheeks @5ympathies Clapper because Old Town Road is his favourite song, other than the alleged banger "Jordan Belfort". We're confident that this affiliate setup will lead to a strong pipeline between the two teams by bringing some trendiness and memery to hopefully attract some prospects to join our ranks. I'm sure we could even snag a few free agents to sign just to play on the Old Town Road Horsepack.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Chicago’s minor league affiliate will be located in Montreal. It’s not an overly lengthy distance between the two, so this is a realistic location to put a farm team. This would boot the current SMJHL out of Montreal which wouldn’t be a major issue as they are a farce. The Syndicate’s farm team would be called the Impact because it’s a superior name and branding. It would also trigger a lot of people who weren’t even around when the Impact existed, so everyone wins. Now the question remains of who would run it and the premier GM would have to be @Toast He’d find a way into the Chicago organization and finish what he started back in S9. The co GM would be none other than @leafsftw1967 who is one of the most prolific and successful SMJHL GMs of all time. His legacy has been lost a bit over time, but those that were active back then remember the dominance of his teams. These GMs will bring success to the farm team which is integral to ensuring the development of Chicago’s prospects.

Vive L’Impact!

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Wait, you trust me with a franchise? Oh boy, do I have news for you.

First and foremost is the location. I was debating between Atlanta and Hartford, since neither of them have ever had a hockey team and they might do well in those locations. Then I thought about Quebec City, but I don't think they even know what hockey is there. So, I'll go ahead and say we're going to Bangor, Maine.

Why? Why not.

The team name will be the Bangor Lumberjacks, because I think it would fit. Their jerseys would be flannel shirts, with open chests. Only hairy chested people can be on the team.

As far as who is going to be in charge of running the team, I'm putting @Daco in charge of everything. He's shown himself to he a master scout and a solid GM candidate. Plus, I won't have to fire him when the team eventually folds.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]