Create Account

S68 PT #0: RollerCoaster Tycoon Due: November 20th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Player prompt 
Hi my name is Timothy Jimothy my Short career has been interesting with some lowest of loss and some highs. When i first desided to be a hockey player I had to Wait to be drafted to the smjhl sadly this never happend because i was playing video games to much and got some mental health treatment by a former team therapist. Once I got back on track I went undrafted and was later signed by Newfoundland of the SMJHL. Now I'm hoping my first season will be a hell of ride and I hope. I would summarize this rolercoster as a short boring one with a good ending. With that being said I wouldnt call this a rolercoster more like a waterslide with wheels I don't know if that makes sense but it's not super existing but it's not just a straight line.

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

PLAYER PROMPT- Ok, ok, I hear you. You're a hockey player, not a roller coaster designer! Fine. Let's talk about your player then! Careers in the SHL can be like a roller coaster. You might change teams, have shots at greatness, hit rock bottom, get drafted, retire, score big goals, make huge mistakes, the whole nine yards!

Graphic Task: Show me your player in their career's most memorable moment.

Winning the challenge cup
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...upswin.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2022, 11:51 AM by the5urreal.)

PLAYER PROMPT

Leading up to the SMJHL draft, Atticus Hale was one of the top earners in the S61 class. The sky was the limit and Atticus completely expected to be a first round lock. That never came to pass as he slipped to the middle of the second round. This was and continues to be one of his biggest motivators - being underestimated. Atticus went on to set multiple Carolina Kraken team records in his four seasons with the club. It was no longer possible to overlook him.

As he was still one of the S61 class’s top earners, Atticus knew he was going to be one of the top picks in the SHL draft, but he wasn’t certain where he would wind up. That was until JoeK and the New Orleans Specters came calling, selecting Atticus Hale with the 2nd overall pick. In his first season with the team, Atticus would go on to be an SHL Rookie of the Year nominee. After a sophomore slump of a second season, he has taken big steps forward in his third and fourth seasons with the club. Going into his fifth season in the SHL, Atticus and NOLA have really high hopes for what should be a career year.

[206 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

My Atlanta Inferno based roller coaster will have lots and lots of fire. The fire will both fake and real. Now, what do I mean by fake fire? Well of course I'm referring to the roller coaster cars themselves having that old school hotrod flame decals. The track will be red and orange and the temperature inside the ride will be well into the 100s. Yes, that's right, the ride is indoors. It will be completely pitch black except for the occasional flame shooting up in the air like a flame thrower. And by occasional, I mean pretty much non-stop. I want this ride to feel like the rider is in hell. There will be large phoenixes (phoenii?) flying through the air like dragons and of course they will be shooting fire out of their mouths. The flames will get uncomfortably close to the riders so they have a sense of fear that they may actually catch on fire. It'll be the best ride in the world.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Code:
Written Task: Describe the most incredible roller coaster you can that's themed like your SHL/SMJHL team. What does it do, what does it look like, and why are people going to pay double the regular ticket price to be able to ride it before they watch the game? How are you going to include your teams branding and overall vibe? (150+ words)

If I am going to be designing a roller coaster for the Philadelphia Forge then the first thing that is to be done is to make sure the whole thing is orange! That is our team color so it only makes sense that our new roller coaster would match the team branding. I would put a bunch of flamethrower fire machines around the roller coaster because fire is pretty orange too and it would be really exciting for all the fans to whip by some columns of fire to get their adrenaline going before the game. Just keep your hands and feet inside the coaster so that you don't get burned. The roller coaster would have a ton of loops on it so people better not hit the concession stands before they get on it or it might be a messy time for everyone involved. One monetary aspect of the new roller coaster will be that any fan wearing the jersey of the opposing team that night has to pay triple the price to get on the roller coaster. You should have been a fan of the Forge not this other team! At the end of the coaster it would look like molten metal is going to get poured on you from the alt Forge logo but it would be an illusion! We can't afford any lawsuits.

227 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Creative prompt- so first off and most obviously the attraction Has to be based on the team. So since the team is the Buffalo stampede, it Has to constantly smell like shit. you could have the fun augmented reality glasses on a 4d chair running with buffalo but it smells like shit. And then it puts you on a roller coaster that’s spin around the arena and there’s all kinds of like laser beams go pew, pew, pew, and like he has a buffalo run in and it feels like you’re running with some except it smells like shit. then maybe there’s a part where it slows down and like it’s all calm and then all the sudden there’s like colonial white man and natives chasing him through the woods or some shit and the roads are skirt out of here here they’re going to kill all the buffalo NU run through the prairies in the back of Buffalo and it smells like shit

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Player Prompt:

Justin Time's SHL debut last season was a highlight in an otherwise rocky season, part of a career that so far has been marked with "almost" and "could have been" seasons. Over four seasons with Quebec City in the SMJHL, Time was honored with four All-Star game appearances, a Robinson trophy, Miller trophy, a second round exit, a semifinal appearance, and two finals appearances, but a championship with his team was ever elusive. At times it felt like running headfirst into a brick wall. Outside of his rookie season, in which Quebec made a Cinderella run to the second round in a rebuild season, they were outmatched by three juggernaut teams: The tail end of the Newfoundland dynasty, a Detroit team that set the record as the most successful single season in the history of the SMJHL, and finally a Nevada team that completed an undefeated playoff run. Despite the success, it was heartbreaking to leave Quebec with so much left unfinished. Now, the story starts over again in much the same fashion: In his rookie season, Time was named the team captain, and led the Blizzard back to the playoffs and stealing a win to prevent the sweep against the league leading Winnipeg Aurora. Now that the rest of the prospects are starting to make their own appearances on the SHL roster, the roller coaster starts another climb, this time hoping to avoid a crushing blow at the top.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2022, 02:07 PM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

St. Clairs career is only two seasons deep and this PT prompt seems tailored to him because its been one heck of a roller coaster already. Starting with being drafted to the SMJHL, St. Clair talked to a lot of teams and got a good sense that those teams were really interested in him, but one stood out more than the others and he thought for sure that's where he was going to be calling home. Then, in comes QCC making a trade to move up the draft order and snagging St. Clair and while he would have loved playing for any team, he certainly was excited to be joining the Citadelles squad.

That first season, the Citadelles were supposed to be the top team in the league but it never really played out that way with them finishing 5th best overall. However, during the playoffs QCC showed it was a power team making it all the way to the finals before being swept by Nevada. The Edmonton Blizzard of the SHL then decides that they like the kid enough that they select him 2nd overall in the S67 draft. So St. Clair goes from the high of being drafted to QCC, low of the team not performing to the players expectations, high of making a run for the cup, low of the cup dreams being smashed, to the high of being drafted 2nd to the Blizzard. Pretty up and down start to the kids career. Then comes his second season where the team wasn't expected to do as well, end up winning the league during the regular season, and then going through three seven game series where they eventually lose the cup again in the finals, this time to Maine.

Its been a ride and there is no stop in sight!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

PLAYER PROMPT
Peak Pride team of Stromberg's era with the team runs into a hot goalie, TV interview minutes after the season has ended
[Image: Tz122GF.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Jean-Uhtred has played a lot of Roller Coaster Tycoon in his young age, and is still putting in a few hours into the game from time to time to pass some time. It is a very relaxing game and he has become pretty good at it. This is why, when the opportunity presented itself to actually design a real world rollercoaster to build around the arena of the Winnipeg Aurora, he immediately stepped forward. Despite being entirely new on the team, his experience with the rollercoaster game earned him the privilege to be the one to design it. He chose to go with the simple metallic rollercoaster, none of this fancy corkscrew suspended bullshit. Just a simple and efficient rollercoaster to go around and even above the arena, stopping right over the middle of the ice which you can see through a glass roof, and then starting again with boosters right into a loop and then back to the dock.

Like every custom design he ever did in the game, people are too scared to go on it.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Player Prompt 

Daryl has had an extremely up and down career at various points. As a latecomer, joining half a dozen games into his rookie J season with St Louis, he was already playing catch up. An unremarkable rookie season saw him drafted a surprisingly high 23rd by Seattle. 
St Louis were kind of struggling at this point, just being happy with winning a couple of games in the playoffs. He had some great players to look up to and learn from, like Colin Lambert, Xavier Doom, even draft classmates like Hundertwasser. An improved second season gave him hope for the future, but a letter eluded him. Then, some irl stuff caught up and his development dropped off. At one point he was without an SHL contract. On his full return, Seattle showed incredible loyalty and offered him a new contract and subsequently called him up to the big league. An incredible run saw the Argos get better and better, culminating in a Cup last season! And Daryl is proud to be the first Alternate Captain for Seattle, including for lifting that Cup!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

[Image: s0SYLIP.jpg]
Not my best work but I still kinda like it.

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

[Image: coasterpt.png?width=569&height=427]

For when you have to watch Chimkin Wing play hockey.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤