Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

Option 1

Me? Underrated? Nahh. You have got the wrong guy here. I do not believe I am an underrated player. In fact, I think I am closer to average than underrated. Sure, I throw my little body around like I am 6' - 6", and I happen to find myself in the offensive zone making some good plays, but that does not mean I am underrated. The fact is, I am rated right where I am supposed to be. I am not bad, but I am not a super star, yet. Okay, maybe I am a tad bit underrated. I do a lot of things right, but I also do a lot of things wrong.Regardless, I am excited that a local Hockey blog is giving me some attention. Maybe I will have to play even better now that I know people are actually paying attention to me. That or they got me confused for Meta Knight, who I think is the most underrated player on the team, despite his high point seasons.

[170]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Today we take a look at Los Angeles Panthers forward Axel Kirby and we discuss why we believe he is one of, if not the most, underrated player in the SHL today. Some of you may not have even heard of Kirby, and that just proves our point.

When it comes to the SHL, most people see those top point producers and just know that they’re the best. They think of how much they score, how many fantasy points they get their team and whatever else can be imagined. However, Kirby is an interesting one, as he isn’t a flashy offensive player but more so a very good two-way player. There aren’t too many in the league, and most of them develop when there’s so much TPE you have to put some into defensive attributes, but Kirby was built this way since he was young.

Kirby has found his offensive game, but his game in his own zone is what makes him so special, and it allows for more offensive production from his linemates as he opens up the play. He is currently 2nd in points on his team, while being a +6 and averaging the most SHTOI on his team (2:03 – tied with Nathan Meagher). Most of the top players in the league barely play on the PK, and Kirby is doing all of this while also being above a PPG. We can’t see how anyone could think he’s not one of the most underrated in the league, and we’re going to go out and say he is the most.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

Pengu is absolutely willing to accept this deal by a fan site and test and even advertise their gear and tracking system. Pengu is big into the fans and he knows they are really what drives this league, so any chance he has to give back and help out he will dive into immediately without question. The fact it won't impact his play is only a bonus! He doesn't even accept pay for this and instead just requests that the fan site put up random informational snippets about penguins on the site in return for the data they pull for him. He knows he's a unique player and he doesn't know what data they could pull that would be helpful at large anyways, so he wouldn't want to take money for them. It seems a simple enough exchange and is an absolute win for both sides! After all, fan engagement is very important and so is Pengu's message!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Is Roger Murdock the most underrated player on Carolina?
My opinion: Harry Cockburn

As we look across the sophomores playing good hockey across the SMJHL, you may gloss over Roger Murdock. And for good reason, too. His counting stats aren't gaudy--he's hovering around .5ppg in his 2nd year. That's in line with his performance as a defensemen. So what gives? How is this guy underrated? Well check out. He's keeping the same scoring rate going from a top 4 defensemen, to the teams 3rd line centre. His contributions go beyond just points, while he has struggled to score he has been helping to bring young players up into the league with his playmaking as he centers rookie Noah Smith, and fellow D -> F swapper Dalton Canders. While there are other eye popping stats on the Kraken, we cannot ignore the impact of okay players helping future great players reach their potential, and that's what Murdock is doing.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Shit.

This is bad. Really bad. 

Egli wasn't exactly listening when that need was giving him some stuff to wear for the season. He thought he was getting a sponsor for some new hair products. Instead of actually wearing this tech properly his put it in his hair. Not just once, but for all sixty six games last season. 

The bad news, the analytics didn't really work. You should have seen how red that little nerd got when he walked in to the dressing room when Egli was unravelling the recording mechanism from his hair.

The good news? Well, that's three fold. First, Egli's hair has never looked better. No cap, this flow alone adds 5 TPE to Egli's speed. Second, the analytics company completely agrees about the hair. Guess who actually did just bag a new sponsor. And third, the analytic equipment not being worn properly actually made Egli look like a superhuman athlete. 

Egli doesn't think he'll ever listen to anyone ever again.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

I wouldnt say that I'm the most underrated player on the team, I would say I'm valuable, I love my teammates and I think as a whole we have the potential to be the best damn team in the league at any given time, we have some kinks to work out but other than that we're a great team. If I had to point out the things that I do that help bring success to the team it's a few things, I love communication with my teammates and it's something that I believe helps set me apart from guys on other teams I push for my teammates to communicate with me so that we are all on the same page about everything, especially the negative stuff I want everyone to be able to look at me and tell me when I'm not doing my job because at the end of the day if one person isn't doing their job the whole thing is going to crumble

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

So, Dwayne Swanson has been asked to wear some fancy tracking equipment. And after careful consideration he has chosen to accept, it would be a great way to see what a player goes through while on the ice and learn and study movement. I believe this helps develop young mind and even some old heads as we track movement while skating, and what a player goes through, you will have a chance to see what they see. But there’s more than just that, during the time this is worn he can help develop good skating and shooting habits that with make hockey even more exciting and for some long-term effects we can even study a player health wise and help prevent injury or worse career ending injuries. It is stuff like this equipment that will help hockey evolve. With all this information why wouldn’t a skater want to wear it and give a hand to advance technology in hockey.

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

At first, Valerija Serapin was very reluctant to ware the monitoring equipment. Simply knowing that she would be watch is enought to trigger some unhealthy thoughts. But because she is so well loved by the fans, she decided to at least give it a try in practice. As practice when on she eventually forgot about the monitoring equipment entirely. Afterwards,, the deal was formally set. If it help the fans better enjoy the game and if it helps herself take her game to the next level, Valerija is all for it. Not that the shutdown defender's game is overly complicated. She simply destroys all who attempt to score on her goaltender, yet the fan want more information. She is even willing to have some of her weaknesses on display. As long as there is not too much information ends up on the site, it will all be just fine.

Prompt 1

Crystal McLeod was surprised when the DM came through from Arthur Kaliyev. The message simply said "Not so bad, eh?" Followed by a link to a fan analytics site, where she found an article titled "Crystal McLeod: The Most Underrated Player in Calgary?" She had proceeded to read the article. She was impressed by the author's research. She had not been a Calgary prospect through her entire Juniors career, being traded from Toronto after her last game as a Kelowna Knight. Despite this, the author had clearly but a lot of effort into finding her background. He discussed how she had been a first round SMJHL pick, had a really good first year in Kelowna, even moving to the city from her hometown of Columbus, Ohio in the following off-season. The author then respectfully talked about how she had fallen off the plot after her second season. She had been voted captain by her team, and led them to a supremely disappointing season. After which, she had struggled with mental health issues that affected her performance and development.

Past that, she got to the point of the article: "Crystal McLeod is underrated not because she's an elite scorer, but because she fights for what she has. She's loyal to the core, moving across most of her country into another as a Juniors player after falling in love with the place. She has shown grit and determination that top prospects can only dream of. She plays physically, defends her teammates, even drops the gloves when necessary. She jokingly calls herself the leader of the "Goon Renaissance", but in reality, she's just a kid from Ohio who will chase her dream until the last possible chance. She has shown willing to put in the work, through blood, sweat, and tears, to play in the SHL. She puts in hours on hours in the off-season training. She seems to have taken the namesake of her Juniors team to heart, she acts like the shining Knight, putting her body on the line to protect others. Crystal McLeod is the most underrated player in Calgary, because she'll do whatever it takes to stay"

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

Minnesota Star
The Silent Star: jaypc8237

Your hometown Monarchs have been looking pretty good coming into Season 74, with 10 games in they are sitting 4-5-2. Many of your stars are playing amazing, as usual, Alexi Piastri, Meta Knight, Julian Florsch, and Luca Pane. But the real star is buried down below in the stats line, only 5 goals and 4 assists: Lasse Zeigler. Zeigler is coming into his 2nd season in the SHL, his sophomore, and is impressing people. But he's not the hot topic when you’re playing alongside Meta Knight and Alexi Piastri, but he is definitely the most underrated. Zeigler was scouted and drafted as a playmaker, but once he made his way to the SHL, his role was slightly changed. He’s now an even point scorer, near even in goals and assists, solid numbers for a you player in the league. But the best part is his physical game. Lasse has always been known for his bone crushing hits, as he is 2nd all time in St. Louis for hits, and is continuing that trend here in the majors, being top 3 nearly every season on the Monarchs in hits. 

[Image: byTaUkC.png]

Option 2

N'Zola might as well say no in the beginning to this. If it was a bigger deal involving many players across the league and not just a few individuals who could use some extra cash on top of their hockey money he might consider, but all things considered currently it is a firm no. The team which we play against has a big matter at hand, since the statistics will be different when facing a weaker team than a stronger team and vice versa, some aspects of the game change differently when the individual mentality towards playing the team's tactics shifts more into taking it careful whenever playing against a strong team where as playing against a weaker team results in more risk taking, atleast that is the case for Georg. If this was a season long deal it would be a slight issue since it would affect dressing up, as well as there is the risk that the equipment might fall off during the intense physical play which LA Panthers do run nowadays, how is that going to affect his contract with them?

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

[b]Written Task: [/b]A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?

Frøya would be honoured to have the opportunity to do something like this so long as it's sanctioned by the league. The last thing she would want to do is do something that would cause her team trouble. It's unbefitting a captain to do something that will cause their team harm. Provided that it is legal with the league, she most definitely would accept and wouldn't even need payment. She's happy to help people. That being said since this is for a product, she'd most likely look into the company that wants to market itself using her. Since the site is well known, it shouldn't be hard to look into them to make sure they aren't involved in anything she wouldn't like. After confirmation that they aren't shady, she'd finally accept! After all, the equipment isn't going to interfere with her play so why not see if she can help analytics get better.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Option 1:
I have to come clean and say that I don't agree with current sentiment over the internet that Grizzlies should be trading Mänty. There is no hiding the fact that his points last seasons were not great and not what would be expected from someone playing their second season in SMJHL. While it might seem that this season just keeps on building on top of the last one I think he has just clearly been unlycky. While he is on ice grizzlies have highest shots on goal and it isn't really that close currently. He has second highest corsi and relative corsi meaning he is creating and preventing opportunities better than most of the team, same is true for ferni too. But where he isn't close to top is his PDO, though that is something that whole team is struggling in general but Mänty is still on bottom quarter on that list too. Just don't go looking at his giveaway/takeaway ratio.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Prompt 1

When you analyze the recent rise of the Baltimore Platoon, there are many players you can point out as being key pieces. Above them all, I think M’Baku Olubori is by far the most underrated. On any other team, we’d likely be talking about him as one of the league’s premiere forwards. In Baltimore, that hasn’t necessarily played out in his career. He has consistently been a player whose role changes dramatically season to season. And yet, he has been effective everywhere he’s been asked to play and elevates the play of his linemates (most notably the later career renaissance of Lord Raiden as well as the breakout of young winger Raiya Rabinov).

This season, it seems Olubori has finally been allowed to settle into his role as #1 center for the streaking Platoon. Coaching staff seemed to be holding him back, using him as glue to fill the roles that the other lines didn’t since the addition of the S68 class. He’s not been given playtime with the rest of the team’s best players, always being asked to make others better. With the addition of Challenge Cup champion and former league MVP Max Manning this offseason, and a permanent spot on the top power play unit, however, it seems Olubori is finally having the sort of offensive breakout many predicted for him after his Jesster-winning rookie year. No where was his talent clearer than last year’s first round series with Atlanta, where Olubori put up 14 points in the 7 game series and nearly willed the Platoon to a series win. Like Rock Lee in the Chunin exams, it seems Olubori has finally gotten to take the training weights off and unleash his full potential. Watch out, SHL.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]