Create Account

S50 WFT #1 - Out on a Limb

Toronto will for sure Finnish last in the league. Yes they have a strong first line but top to bottom this team is a good deal worse than the others. Roll Loki for 30 minutes a game and maybe you might skip out of lat place on the last day of the season like last year...

Code:
Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

Izzy has compared his checking rate to Taylor McDavid's multiple times. He is aiming for the hits record. He still has about 900 hits to go, so he won't be retiring any time soon.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Fordyford - LAP will once again edge out SFP to make the last wildcard spot in the west

Yeah I disagree here. SFP sucks, sure. But LAP is re-tooling. Could Wasty surprise some and pull this off? Absolutely... between him or Steel there isn’t anyone better. This would be SFPs to screw the pooch on this one though, for as much as I’d like to see Grape flounder this shit away and come up with reason #1,224 as to why he can’t get it done... I don’t see this happening.

[Image: Wally.png]

Code:
Mike Izzy - Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season

Im sorry Izzy, but there is no way that this is going to happen. At the moment CCII is tied for 5th in total hits almost a fifth of the way into the season with 24 hits. If there was a single player who MAY break it, it would be Andreas Kvalheim of Texas who leads the hitting charts with 34 total hits in 6 games. thats almost 6 hits per game (dude calm down why are you so angry) which is a super impressive rate.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

im going to go out on a limb myself and say SFP will cruise into a playoff spot while LAP will have a tougher time. i think the Pride are due for a break and as we’ve seen Simon has that sort of power. they have had a more than stellar start and i’m sure after all this time they could keep it up.

Katth - Toronto won't finish last in the league

Lets choose the first one on the list. I think Toronto will surprise people this season and not be as bad as people expect. Their top line seems to be able to carry games for them and I feel while they may not be a top team, their top line will ensure they aren’t the worst team.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2019, 01:34 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Inf1d3l - Minnesota will make the Western Conference Finals

I think this is probably a bit to bold for my taste. Minny has some super young talent on board with Mika Mayfield, Jon FortyOne, Igor Volkov, Noel Gallagher, Mathias Seger and Colin Gibbles. Man if this core stays together they can be a force in 2-3 seasons! But right now there still figuring out who they are, something that takes a little time on the ice. On a side note I think McZherl switching to forward was a mistake. He just moved into his own last season as a super elite defender.. maybe the best defender in all of SHL hockey... something that gave Minny a distinctive advantage at the blue line. Now hes just 1 of allot of good centers... i would have kept him at bay and built their defensive unit around him.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:

This is so wrong my head is spinning. Mike Izzy would never retire. Not when im still in the league. Izzy is the chosen one to remain at over 1500 tpe for longer than esa’s career times 2. Dont think it is possible? I think the shl will put in an izzy rule when he is allowed to get 1.5x tpe each season he gets over 20% regression because he has to continue playing forever.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Quote:Blastmeaway - Winnipeg will collapse mid-season and miss the playoffs

With the start they've had I don't think this is possible anymore. After 7 games they're 6-0-1 with 13 of 14 possible points. Over the last few seasons 24 wins should be enough for a bottom playoff spot so the Jets can now go roughly 18-23-2 for the remainder of the season and still make the playoffs. With the trades the GM made, they're all in this season and performing like it. The only worry for this team now is goal tending but that matters a lot more in the playoffs than getting there in the first place. This seems like a no brainer after the first couple sims but maybe had a little potential for merit in the preseason. Noah Konn is also exceeding expectations in his farewell tour and not only being the best forward on the team, but being currently the best forward in the league.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

10-04-2019, 11:29 AMnour Wrote:
Code:

Just no chance for a few reasons, Izzy's still a top player in the league with potential to chase records or at least finish top 10 for some major stats. In addition to this, Izzy is big on theatrics and bolstering the SHL experience with stories and world-building. If this was Izzy's last season, we would all know, he would make it incredibly clear with an "Izzy to play in his final career year post".

I'm going to double down on this and also add that Izzy retiring would leave a pretty large gap in the Flames roster that would be difficult to fill, since he is still a top tier first liner. I don't see him leaving his squad out to dry like that.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Quote:Blastmeaway - Manhattan will win the President's Trophy

I don't see this happening because Manhattan does not have CC2, and CC2 is going to get 250 hits this season.  Since they share a conference with CC2, they are slated for 4 losses, unless of course they trade for JODAN.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

The is no way mike Izzy is retiring. His player is on pace to be the all time leader in hits and he will surly do whatever it takes to get to that mark.

Quote:Ace - Mike Izzy will announce his retirement

A SHL without Mike Izzy in S51 is a SHL I'm not sure I am ready for. Luckily, its just not gonna happen. One, it would literally be the worst kept secret in the league. Two, Izzy is still a competitive player in the league. Three, Calgary isn't looking to rebuild this season. Now a lot can happen over a month. I mean life does make it hard at times to commit to the SHL, and maybe Izzy is hiding some "hot takes" of their own that could shame them into retiring. I've never met the person, personally. I just don't think they are ready yet.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

10-05-2019, 12:17 PMhewasajazzman Wrote: im going to go out on a limb myself and say SFP will cruise into a playoff spot while LAP will have a tougher time. i think the Pride are due for a break and as we’ve seen Simon has that sort of power. they have had a more than stellar start and i’m sure after all this time they could keep it up.

I disagree, sfp have been due for a break for 2-3 seasons now and never have crossed that bubble. After a certain time youd think they'd make major changes and take advantage of the high end pieces they have but they've been coming up short. They're like the Oilers of the SHL except in this league, you can't depend on your best player, you need adaptive coaching and I believe LA has more experienced managers.

Doubt is a dream killer
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2019, 03:45 PM by JRed94.)

Cameron Carter 2 will become the first player since S37 to lay more then 250 hits in a season.

White Knight here, but mostly to defend CCII. Although 250 is a tough number to reach in 50 games, this guy is a wrecking ball. Moreover, he plays big minutes, giving ample opportunities to rack up the hits. Not to mention CHI spends most their games without the puck, which will further increase the odds of Cameron Carter "the second" to lay body. With 98 defense, and 90 checking, his 51 strength is the only thing to hold him back.