Create Account

S50 WFT #4: Make The Case Round 2: STHS Edition

It's (generally) worth it to invest points in your weakness

Against - For players with a checking weakness it is usually best to avoid putting points into it - checking is done fully based on differentials and putting points into it could actively hurt your team if you are on a line with a high CK player

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

It's better to pull the goalie early rather than leave them in if they're off to a rough start

Honestly, I agree. Simon often gives you a chance to have a fantastic game on any goalie, almost no matter the stats he has, so it can be beneficial for you to try and swap out the cold goalie with your backup to see if he won't do the job.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Defense is an OVERRATED attribute

AGAINST: Defense is actually one of the most important attributes in STHS, regardless of the position you play in the sim. For some reason, high defense usually correlates to higher scoring which is sick and nasty

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Strength is the most underrated attribute

FOR. We're talking extra puck control here people. Fighting off checks is the nastiest thing you can do. Obviously if you're skating around these hits, it's ideal, but being able to push through defenders is as practical as it is funny.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

for.

It's especially worth it if your weakness is not checking. Strength could be the other one you can hold off on for a while until late in your players progression.
Checking can be bumped early if you want to go for hits and assuming you dont have other checkers on your lines.

For fantasy, to be a great checker you want to play on a line as the solo checker.

RETIRED

There should be more of a penalty for playing forwards out of position

For; it's very to see this in the NHL for a reason. Defenseman spend years perfecting their positioning on defense and how to play there roles. Even the best defensive forwards would struggle to play as a defenseman. Since the SHL has no injuries there's no reason that a forward should play as a defenseman with the exception being on the power play.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Quote:Strength is the most underrated attribute

Strength is underrated as people don't realize all the attributes that Strength affects secondarily. Face offs, checking, puck handling, etc. It's not surprising that players with higher strengths just do better!

Strength is the most underrated attribute.

FOR

ST is a inherently useful attribute in the sim. i would personally say high ST mixed with good DF and SK can make you valuable at pretty much any position.

Against

but only because the most used weakness in our sim is Checking which isn't an attribute that you need to update at all, it is more of a luxury that you can afford to put TPE into once you have passed about 1000 TPE. If your weakness is any other attribute it is worth it to invest TPE into it.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

There should be more of a penalty for playing forwards out of position

For. There's a reason it isn't allowed in 5v5 lines for the SHL. Before then, we saw plenty of evidence that it had little to no impact on performance as long as your build was strong enough - which makes sense, when you consider it's still looking at the same eight stats, at most.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Code:
Code:
Sacrificing a live animal (preferably a goat or a sheep) is the only way to appease Simon and guarantee sim success

Hard against. I've sacrificed multiple sheep and goats to no avail in the sim. I've even moved onto sacrificing babies and small children. Still no success.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 06:32 PM by Leppish.)

It's better to pull the goalie early rather than leave them in if they're off to a rough start

For - I would say so, it seems somewhat common for the goalie coming in relief to do well for the rest of game and give the team a chance to pull back and win the game. But it also depends on the skill level of the replacing goalie, if it's an IA 160 TPE goalie it might just make things worse too.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

10-27-2019, 12:26 PMFordyford Wrote: It's (generally) worth it to invest points in your weakness

Against - For players with a checking weakness it is usually best to avoid putting points into it - checking is done fully based on differentials and putting points into it could actively hurt your team if you are on a line with a high CK player

BS Fordy! Have you ever heard of the Jeff Dar award? Or a nomination for that award, commonly referred to as a Dar Nom? If you've got yourself a checking weakness, how are you gonna get a dar nom without putting points there??? Don't answer that you can change your build, that's cheating

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:

For. The only case where this does not apply is when you absolutely do not care about checking at you have checking as a weakness. But even then, investing some points into it only makes your player better.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Sacrificing a live animal (preferably a goat or a sheep) is the only way to appease Simon and guarantee sim success
AGAINST
I'm very scared about this suggestion, mostly because I'm worried that I may be the sheep in question and I do not wish to be sacrificed. However, whilst I agree that sacrificing the GOAT himself, Cameron Carter II, would be beneficial to any team, I believe that you don't need to sacrifice anything to appease Simon (especially me!, please don't kill me!), you just need a lot of money and Simon's bank details.