Create Account

S57 mPT #1 - Offseason Moves

The manhattan Rage drafted future hall of famer Matty Sandee. Sandee is going to kill it in the smjhl and when the time is right for them to come up to the main roster. Well, the league is gonna know exactly why Sandee is going to be a hall of famer

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

plenty of nice moves to praise this offseason if we're including draft picks and call ups, but my personal favorite was Atlanta's signing of Anders Christiansen - AC is a vet who will step in very nicely to replace the retired Nolan Sawchunk and should keep the ATL second line buzzing for two more seasons!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

The best moves of the offseason were the chances taken by the Atlanta Inferno and Detroit Falcons on Bjorn Thornsen. Through priorities elsewhere Bjorn wasn't as focused as he could have been last season but now his main priority is being the best player possible in the SHL. He"ll make sure Atlanta and Detroit made the right choice.

ADAM BARRON. do I need to say more? shoutout to ML for pulling the triggering and adding a top 2 defenseman to the team. I think this is a huge addition to the squadrons !

[Image: gurbs.gif]

I'd say that me getting to move on up to San Fran is a pretty good move I guess. I choose myself because, well uh... I don't really pay too much attention to offseason transactions. I mostly just earn and junk...

Edmonton took what was already a great team last season and added some serious depth to their blueline with the addition of Chico Smeb, and the call up of the SMJHL's top D man Axel Foley. Also called up a scrub named Kyle Sutton to fill out the third line.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

the biggest move that stands out to me would be New England trading for 1OA. We all know who was gonna go at that spot but only time will tell if it was worth it for the Wolfpack.

The Hamilton Steelhawks after winning the cup this past season needed to make some big moves to bolster their roster and go again next season, and they did in trading for Tig Murphy, as well as calling up star prospects Rotticus Scott and Bork Lazer.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

The Tampa Bay Barracuda made a huge move by trade the first overall pick in the S57 SHL entry draft, this is a great benefit because they don't necessarily need the prospect because they are already stoked in that cupboard and they gained 2 more 1st round picks woohoo

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Me? I personally think that the Hamilton Steelhawks made a grave mistake in trading a 2nd for future considerations. When will those considerations be met? huh? I've got to say, this time, I just think Hallsy is past it. Remove him as GM and instead hire my close friend Gooney to be the Head GM of the Hamilton Steelhawks.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

I guess I'll speak to one that personally affects me. I wasn't sure going forward how Kavanagh and I would split time on the Pride once I got called up and had a couple of SHL seasons under my belt. Going tandem was an option, but Kavanagh would have around 400 TPE more than me for most of my career, and I was not sure if I could find an opportunity for playing time elsewhere due to the general goalie logjam. With Kavanagh leaving in FA to sign with Texas, the rebuild for the Pride marches on, but I am pleasantly surprised to find myself as the long-term option for starter for San Francisco, and am excited to play out my last year in the SMJHL before going up next season to the Pride, as I will be one of a few rookies being called up to the SHL squad for S58.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Honestly, I think the biggest pair of re-signings this offseason was the Winnipeg Jet's re-upping of Sarah Burke and James Kimanje. These two players are going to be long-term stalwarts of the Jets team and locking them up was a great decision by their management.

I may be a bit biased, the Texas Renegades picking up Cillian Kavanagh and signing him to a 3 year contract was definitely a great addition. Kavanagh will make a great 1 2 punch with Goodman and will help a deep playoff push by Texas.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

This off season my good friend, and fellow Vancouver Whalers player Jason Desrouleaux, got called to play with the Winnipeg Jets ! How exciting is that. He will do great things there surely.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The move that stood out to me was Manhattan drafting Matty Sandeen with their first, first round selection since the S53 draft. With a strong competitive but aging roster it was important for the Rage to land a solid prospect. Only time will tell how this selection pans out.