Create Account

S58 PT #5 New Award

Ole Olson would probably win the "All Rounder" award for mediocrity in the game. As a player, Olson is awful at little, and surprises with how many things he doesn't excel at. From points, to assists, to goals, to shots, to blocks, there is very little about Olson's game that makes him stand out. The only leaderboard he manages to hit is for, ironically, Hits. But even there, he's only in the top ten statistically. It's not like he's even close to hitting the Hit totals of a player like Boris Petrov or Kermit Murphy. These players have double and nearly triple his number of hits, showing how focused you have to be to stand out in a particular category. No, Olson does his best to maintain a steady game. Never winding up as the hero, but also not being the reason his team loses games either. He keeps his head down and does his job. That's enough for Olson.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

ISFL Ultimus

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

There are several ideas, the Troy Reynolds Award for biggest PR disaster, given to the player in the SHL who's player has the most stories about them in SHL Media doing debaucherous activities that would bring a poor light onto the league if they were real. Another idea would be the Liam O'Callaghan Award, going to the player who puts up the most shot blocks for a bad team, which would pay homage to Liam O'Callaghan's various efforts with a variety of basement-bound teams blocking insane amounts of shots. (This year's winner would seem to be Lyle Odelein III of the New Orleans Specters.)

All kidding aside, I would like to see maybe an expansion or separate award tot he Damian Littleton Award, where each team would put up their best Masterton Trophy-esque candidate and then some committee would vote from the 18 put forward that best exemplify the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to the game. Or maybe make that into the new Vidrik Onoprienko Award idk.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

What is an award that either Williams or Zidane would win?Zidane would have to be the "Responsible Goon" award. Racks up hits, good plus minus, low PIMs to hits ratio, take aways, and high DGR. That is what Z is all about. I think Williams would have a better chance at getting award named after him though. Williams was always right in the middle of everything. Like, literally he was average at everything. Almost to perfect. Except for 2 seasons where he was MVP worthy, he did everything he could to stay in his lane of average-ness. Not saying that's a bad thing, he was a team player first and foremost who fit the role of leader and morale booster. The award I'd go with is the "Williams Award for Being Meh." It's not great nor bad. Perfectly balance as it should be. Maybe a catcher name would be the "Thanos Award", that would probably be better for the site than recognizing a scrub like Nic.

[166]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Where is the Plus Minus trophy of my dreams? Two seasons ago I led the league in Plus/Minus and wept uncontrollably when I discovered there was no award for it. So I am pushing for the stat to be recognized with the "Yuri Carry" award, dedicated to the player who as at the top of this underrated stat.  Too many players out there are ignored because they do not put up the sexy stats like "goals" or "assists".  Sure, maybe I was picking my nose in the corner when Kappy or Kobo put up another goal, but I was out there, dammit! And I deserve recognition! I am thinking maybe a nice silver trophy with a player that looks suspiciously like me holding up a giant plus sign while his teammates are below him looking up in awe and adoration.  Maybe an LED light to light up that angelic face of the one who holds the team together, the so important player that is the key to a positive goal differential.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

My award will be called the Green Jacket - in golf, the Green Jacket is given to the golfer with the LEAST points (because golf works in a negatives system). So, the player with the biggest MINUS in the plus/minus department will receive the green jacket. Now obviously, I was ONLY a -30 this season so the green jacket would go to Nicolaj Muller who has an outstanding -62 (Bravo mr muller I bet you're very good at golf). However, the Junior JUMBO Green Jacket Defensive award has all of the criteria of the green jacket with some added twists.

Those who qualify for the Junior Jumbo Green Jacket Award must
a) Be at least 6'11
b) Be a defenseman
c) Be in either their sophomore or rookie season

The defensemen who fit this criteria are only Mr.Friedland. I think that this award will be a benchmark for improving ones player and I would like to see the junior jumbo green jacket award at next seasons ceremonies.

I propose a new award to be the "real" best goalie award. So tired of the nonsense with these new stats people are dreaming up. Vilde got straight out robbed for best goalie, the premise being playing on a good team means you can never win an award. That's not how the NHL or any other league does it. We're supposed to be simulating a real hockey league and we should not be making up our own bullshit stats to screw people from good teams from awards. This is not a knock on the guy who won it but it's pretty fucking ridiculous to set all time records in goals against and save percent and not win the award for best goalie. That would never happen in the NHL and it shouldn't be happening here either. It's pretty telling that the All Star committee got it right making Vilde the first team all star but the awards committee thinks it should be the arbiter of deciding who's best based on some made up statistics.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

An award that I could win? Let's see. I'm not the best at face-offs, goal scoring, playmaking, defense. I don't really get special teams time like powerplay or penalty kill. I don't hit much, and I don't block shots. Honestly, I don't think there's really anything that I'm the best at at all at this point. In my prime, maybe if there was an award for giveaways, I could hit that pretty well. Or maybe an award for play-driving, as I wasn't the worst at that.

However, now at this point, I don't even know. Maybe we should make an award for son of a hall of fame goaltender who is ridiculously underwhelming and realistically will be overshadowed by his brother and by future generations for eternity. It's a bit of a mouthful, but it would be the only reason I will possibly ever win an award again. Now if only we had a family like this that we could name the award after ... maybe the McZehrl award?

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2021, 12:24 PM by BasedMinkus.)

I think the SHL needs to adopt their own version of the SMJHL's most sportsmanlike award. The award will encapsulate a player who is a good player for his team on the ice while also remaining disciplined and smart. This player should not be taking many penalties and while being at least competent. I pick this award for myself because it was one of the few awards I was nominated for in my junior career and the trend looks to continue. I scored a very impressive 11 goals as a rookie, while blocking 110 shots and finishing with a positive +/- on a team that rolled out human pylon Cal Redacted on the ice consistently. I did all of this while only seeing the penalty box for a total of 10 minutes and constantly being positive when things didn't go my way. If that doesn't scream most sportsmanlike, then I do not know what would.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

In a league full of elite snipers, max TPE earners, charismatic leaders and literal aliens, there are those who walk a different path. None may deny their effort or tenacity in the face of true adversity. I am talking of course, about the candidates for the new Simulation Hockey League award, the "I did my best" award. Awarded to players who grind week in and out to make sure they are capped on TPE, update regularly, and have literally the worst shooting percentage in the entire league. Only players with over a hundred shots are eligible for this award. Looking at the statistics, it's mostly defensemen who are in the running for this prestigious title. Clapping bombs from the point that have no chance of going in whatsoever. Maybe a few get a lucky tip or bounce out front, but more often than not fire straight into the chest of the goalie. So far this season in the SMJHL, the running for the "I did my best" award are as follows:

1. Wen Baters 118 SOG, 3G, 2.54%
2. Gregory Goode 154 SOG, 4G, 2.60%
3. Lonnie O'Donoghue 103 SOG, 3G, 2.91%
4. Richard LaFleur (yours truly) 114 SOG, 4G, 3.51%

What an exciting time to be a hockey fan. I'm not sure about the rest of the candidates, but I'm very excited to expand my offensive stats for next season.

Throughout Gotze's career, he's had some decent seasons but never really been a strong contender for any actual awards. Not quite thuggish enough to pick up the PIM's or delicate enough to actually score a lot, he fits in somewhere in the middle with a fairly well-rounded approach to playing the game of hockey (without being good enough to be the best two-way forward either, that's just too difficult). My ideal award would be the "Mediocrity is Better than Nothing" award. To win, you have to be roughly average in almost all possible statistical categories, and are automatically excluded for finishing in the bottom or top 10% of anything. I am too lazy to actually check the numbers and make sure that I would not fall into that exclusion region but the general idea stands. After Gotze retires I would hope another could stand in his place, constantly demonstrating the bare minimum competence across the entire range of hockey stats and attributes.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I think a cool award would be best young guns because I don't think my player could win an award on his own. I think it would go to the best rebuilding team which currently has a bunch of young players on it. So obviously this season it would go to BAP and their surprise playoff berth because we are great. Me and Park I think combined for 60 points with him with 35 and me with 25 or something like that. I think the Jester is great but like the NBA has rookie vs sophomores game I think either a game or reward that honors the best group of young players/ rookies would be cool to help show that a team has multiple good players. I think it would also help in seasons when there is a lot of rookies that way its not just sim luck because its a collective young guns award instead of just one for their best rookie.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

After a long career of being pretty good, but not really great, Goku Muerto was certain he would be shut out of every award. He doesn't score enough, or hit enough, or raise enough eyebrows to get any attention from the Awards committee. So he decided to create his own award, the 'McZ Management Award' in which the player who is also a GM is unreasonably given excessive ice time and opportunities they don't necessarily deserve. Despite being 500 TPE lower than the best player on Winnipeg, Muerto the GM put Muerto the player on the top line and powerplay over Nick Brain. The result was that Muerto was a PPG player after that, boosting his point totals when by rights, he should have been much lower. I mean, sure, it helped the team win and get into the playoffs, but the important thing is it was selfish and greedy and in the best McZ style, subtly favored his own player. When the desires of the one outweigh the needs of the many, it takes a bold GM to put his own player in a position to succeed, and Muerto has gone above and beyond in that aspect!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway