Create Account

S69 PT #2: Contract Talks February 5th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

Creative prompt:

Comes a time when contract talks begin again and although you never want to be greedy you definitely have to take care of yourself and make sure you are getting what you deserve. I will always take a hometown discount for my team if we need to make some room to shuffle around and bring in the new talent or hold on to the best assets for our team. What I do need though is to be comfortable and I always make sure to have my stall stocked up with beef jerky and ice cold coke zeros. Making sure I got a stack of soft towels and a pair of new underwear and fresh new socks. I also ask for comp concert tickets for the traing staff too if our favorite bands roll through. Post game massages are necessary and full access to a hot tub at all times with a couple freshly rolled joints for after the game. The last thing I ask for is a donation to our local food bank or community charities each month on behalf of the team.

when connor o'byrne was establishing himself in the juniors leagues with the anaheim outlaws, he hired an agent in the LA area to assist him with contract negotiations and potential movement if the time came. he came in very handy it his tenure in anaheim came to a close and he went to vegas for the last few months of his J career, while at the same time he negotiated connors move out of his majors team and onto his new team where hed find great success, cementing in connors mind that he had located the correct agent. his extension was pretty easy, connor and the teams interests were both aligned so they came to an easy agreement, but when the time came for toronto to enter rebuild mode and the potential for connor to move was realized, his agent worked behind the scenes very quickly to get him into an ideal situation with calgary where he continues to have success

When it comes to having special requirements in his contract, Melvin is no noob. He has definitely had some wild contracts in the past, especially with his football career. Now though, Melvin really focuses on doing what is best for the team. That means that he's really focused on minimizing his negative impact to the locker room and then some. Ultimately, it comes down to Melvin wanting to make sure that he's comfortable when it comes to living not quite as far north as he normally would. Having plenty of cold and snow is very important to Melvin, not just for himself, but also for his best friend, Adelie de Pengu. Together, the two have been powerhouses on the ice this season, and it ultimately comes down to the living situation that the Chicago Syndicate were able to provide for Melvin and his friend. Without the nice cold quarters and plenty of twigs, Melvin would be a sad and zombified moose.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Player Prompt:

Nikolai Skovgaard is represented by his old General Manager in Quebec City, Alexandre Coquerelle. Now you may be wonder, "Isn't it weird for a player to be represented by a GM?" And the answer to that question is yes, it is weird. Coquerelle wanted to branch out and do everything there is to do in hockey, currently serving as coach and manager of the Citadelles, he figured why not dip his toes into the world of sports agents. The two are obviously very familiar with each other, after Skovgaard played on the Citadelles for four seasons. It seems that Coquerelle has an interesting approach to negotiations, as he only looks for one year deals. Maybe he does it just so he can get the negotiating practice every offseason? Who knows why, but the checks keep hitting Nikolai's bank account so he won't complain about it. It does cause a little bit of stress every offseason but I'm sure it will go away as time moves on.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Player Prompt:

Bobby relies on his family back home and an agent for personal advice. Let me explain. His family will keep him grounded, make sure he stays humble and doesn’t get too big for his britches, while his agent, Zachariah Schmidt, makes sure that he is getting his fair value as a player. Since more money in the offseason allows him to train better and more often, while also being able to enjoy life, Bobby finds himself siding with his agent more on contract matters.

Being from Kentucky, people assume Bobby might have that small-town charm and soft-spoken attitude when it comes to contract negotiations, but Bobby knows his value to both Great Falls’ present and Hamilton’s future, and he makes sure his negotiations favor him. He has known his agent Zachariah ever since Zachariah washed out at the Kentucky Derby, but found Bobby playing ice hockey in the Louisville Ice Center, practicing his clappers.

[Image: g3n0GVU.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

Creative prompt:

With contract negotiations around the corner, Finn Brandt tries to stay out of the negotiations and let his player’s agent do the majority of the talking. However, he does have some special conditions that he likes his agent to get into his contract. His first condition is his mid game snacks. He must have a banana (preferably just ripe enough but not too ripe) and a cool rush frost gatorade during the first intermission. His second choice would be organs gatorade but he believes he plays better with the former. Then during the second intermission, he likes to have some sort of easy carb and a red bull. This is really important for him to continue his mid game routines and he sort of becomes superstitious if he can’t get those exact things. He also requests a new “Brandt” jersey be made for his cat Max. Who does not want to see a an adorable orange cat in a hockey jersey?

It's time for Agnus Mcpeip new contract negociation with the @hotdog e and the @goldenglutes, MANAGERs of the Atlanta Inferno. Agnes wants the basic from them, RESPEK. They have to stop mistyping anus name every time they can in the chat, it's becoming a form of bullying. They Never get my name right! McFefe has been a top D of the league and since McPoop has been around the team, the toxicity of the war room has reached 0, which means he is a positive force. Antoher contract clause would be that he is allowed to say i'm gonna win the cup every day and the rest of the team has to react with a :nodders: all the time, no :nopers: like @Leppish always does. @Leppish is somewhat of a toxic presence in the locker room and the reason I don't like orange cheese anymore. I wish in my contract there would be a clause where if Leppy makes me dislike a specific food, I get a compensation or something but it probably won't happen.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2023, 10:13 PM by minaj27. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alexander Minaj has the standard contract clauses that most players in the SHL have, such as bonus structure, salary escalators, and performance bonuses. Still, Alexander was able to include these unique clauses in his recent contract extension. The first was a $100 monthly beard oil stipend to maintain his growing beard plus the salary of his barber who travels with him. As part of the bargaining to get this included, Minnesota required Alexander to agree in the contract that he would not partake in any space tourism during his tenure with the Monarchs. It was included because Minaj always has his head in the clouds! The final request Minaj had for the team since he is diabetic with a service dog, the team built an area where his dog would be able to relax and be pampered while he was working on the ice. This was an easy sell as other players would be able to drop off their dog at doggie daycare.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Creative Prompt

Ryu's demands are that he gets his own platter of nachos by him on the bench for every game.
[Image: 2JFxAgq.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

I am a young and inexperienced player in this league, so to mentor me in contract negotiations I look to former Colorado Raptors captain Angus McFife XVIII @micool132 . He has a very large bank account of 90 million dollar so he must know what he is doing. He is a very wise man, just earlier today he gave me this inspiration: "Cmon Bergmark is that all you've got? You gonna roll up in a ball and let it be? Or you gonna take control?" Now I am going to take control and score many goal. Without the advice of angus I would probably be making minimum wage playing hockey and I would be miserable. Now I will be very rich so I can afford card packs to get more angus mcfife cards. He broke the raptors captain curse, and as the current captain I hope to live up to those standards and be as cool as mcfife

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

[Image: FuzNZci.png]

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 02:10 AM by Dextaria.)

Creative Prompt

Ryosuke Sato typically does not have many outlandish requests for the team during his contract years. It is always in his best interest to help his team out and provide a competitive window or a solid rebuild option if that requires trading him. As a result, there is usually no "no trade clauses" or anything of that such. However, if Sato was to request something in particular for his contract, he would request a personal butler that helps with everything around the rink from getting his food to getting his sticks and equipment. Why would he include a personal butler in his contract? Well, who has not dreamed of having a person walking around and assisting with any of your needs as they come by. And of course, the butler is not simply a butler and hopefully Sato is able to vibe well with the individual and they can enjoy their time together for the duration of the contract.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

The special agreement on the contract is straight up I’m allowed to eat ruffles chips on the bench. That shit is bussin so honestly it’s just the salt I love on the ruffle potato chips and Ayo it has to have some helluva dip because hey that’s how Hirano gets his Rizz on. So yea nothing too special aside from the 5 million he deserves each season. Just a little chip and dip action nothing to wild. I know it are wondering how you gonna store that shit. Easy right beside the water bottles boys. Little chip and dip charcuterie never hurt nobody. So that’s the contract Hirano has decided to accept. 5 million dollars and chip and dip charcuterie on the bench every game away and at home. Kinda like hot dog Phil Jessel in a way. I don’t think there should be a problem unless Hirano starts gaining weight then maybe but for now ruffles chips for life baby.

166 words

Quote:Written Task: What special conditions do you want in your players contract? Is there a special snack that has to be in your locker stall every morning? A specific type of coffee stocked in the machine? A certain way the trainer must tape your stick or you'll throw a tantrum and quit? Tell me about what special requirements if any your player wants in their contract and why. (150+ words)

Spack Jarrow's understanding of contract law was extremely limited when he signed his first contract. He mistakingly thought it was like a "rider clause" that a band has for a venue. So he accidentally demanded a lot of really odd things in his first contract. Perhaps the strangest of all the items was a demand for a pair of "left-handed drumsticks". This particularly confused the assistant GM (whose job it was to fulfill these strange demands) because as far as anyone knew, Jarrow wasn't even left-handed, nor did he play drums. Not to mention that there is no such thing. Despite several people insisting that there was no such thing as a left-handed drumstick, Spack was unrelenting. So in the end the assistant GM took a sharpie out and drew a capital "L" on two drumsticks and told Spack he found some. Jarrow approved and the contract was signed. Problem solved.

[ 156 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]