Create Account

S75 PT#5: Who you gonna call? Due: Sunday, March 17th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2:

Antonio Flusso's agent is his distant relative and former SMJHL MVP (And SHL utility player), Tony Flow. He's getting up there in age at this point, but he's got a George Clooney sort of thing going on and still doesn't mind negotiating contracts for current pros. He's worked with clients like his washout, bastard son Tony Snow, who retired young to go live up north in the woods or something, I'm not really sure, it was kind of stupid. More recently he's worked with Delver Fudgeson, who retired and went back to fighting crime. But with his current big ticket client, he got a call from Switzerland where his Italian relatives had moved, asking him to take on the (at the time) young Flusso as his client. He figured "why not", it'll be another brief career and some extra cash. He's negotiated every deal for him, and taken a surprisingly large percentage for an agent. This is going to pay for his retirement, in fact. Flusso doesn't care about the money, he's only in it for the glory and ability to be put on billboards.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Prompt 2

When people think of “M’Baku Olubori” and “sports agent” one name comes to mind immediately: the founder of the Hamilton Sports Agency, Baltimore GM Johnny Hamilton. For much of his career, however, Olubori’s agent has actually been one of Hamilton’s partners. After starting out as a junior partner, Mxr. Viv Tick-Wallace, Esq., has proudly and effectively represented Olubori in all matters legal and financial. They are Baku’s biggest champion and fan, and has consistently fought for their client against their boss (the aforementioned Hamilton). Tick-Wallace has been there for every stage of Olubori’s career in the SHL, and likely isn’t going anywhere. Viv has helped Baku through media training, sponsorship deals (including S74’s Chickengate), and contract negotiations. Baku has made a good bit of money in his career, and has no intentions of stopping. Viv helps him keep his business dealings in order and personally oversees that Baku’s summer hockey camp manager, his childhood friend and former-pro basketball player, Chinyelu Sani, is managing things appropriately. When Baku retires someday, Viv Tick-Wallace will be right there beside him with their trademarkedly reserved smile.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Option 1:

Well You’ve spent a whole heckuva long time, maybe even an entire SMJHL season being carried by different random ghosts. All pertaining in some way, shape or form to hockey? what do you know? But for Brooklyn Physt, she’s kind of gotten used to it at this point. She’s managed to have an absolute career year. Leading, by good margin all defence men in points. managing up until now to have a point per game average and help lead the Colorado Raptors to the to the four-star cup finals. All this with sleepless nights of ghost after ghost from Connor McDavid to some grotesque obese Plague, doctor looking victim and many many more.

Maybe she does something maybe, knowing in her heart that she’s gonna move to a place either in Toronto when she goes to play for the North stars next season or elsewhere if she’s dealt in an All-Star deal I’d say write it out at this point , write it out in this little apartment that she shares what’s left of this season knowing you’re not coming back here.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Option 2: Jarrod Lakemore grew up in England and was in for a bit of a culture shock upon moving to the states for his career. Luckily the players union put him in touch with an agent with considerable experience helping european or other foreign players adjust to life in USA or Canada. Lakemore is a bit of a lone wolf and chose to get his own accommodations rather than live with some of his fellow rookies. His agent helped him find a suitable location and also offered plenty of advice about living on his own, away from his parents for the first time. In addition to adjusting to the American culture, Lakemore had all sorts of trouble adjusting to some simple bachelor lifestyle challenges. Lakemore made many laundry related mistakes at first, for example, resulting in shrunken, bleach stained clothing. Fortunately, Lakemore's agent helped him set up a laundry wash n fold service so he wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Lakemore is of course no longer a teenager, but he still looks back fondly on all the small, simple things his agent helped him out with back when he was a young, green lad on his own in america. (202 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Ubba Lodbrok, center for the Anchorage Armada, of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, and prospect for the Philly Forge of the Simulation Hockey League has once again found himself in a business opportunity. Except this time, it's the apartment he bought while living Anchorage. This apartment is nothing less than haunted, haunted by the ghosts of players past, future, and present, and Casper. Casper is just there hanging out, so that's kind of cool. SEeing that the northern lights make their way through every once in a while, and people in Anchorage like weird supernatural and nature type activities. He's decided to turn this into a St Peter's hang out. This is the type of place that can help you out when your head is in the wrong place, it can help you see the light, so to say. It will help you find your path and help correct any misgivings you've had in your brain along the way.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

PBE Affiliate

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

Trying to sell the house? In this economy? No way! The ghosts that have been haunting Elena these past months have been nothing but chill so she honestly doesn't see the need to pay for an exorcism or go through all the toubles of selling her house. At this point, they're all homies. They allow her to talk about things she can't bring up with everyone and to reflect on her playing style and career. Moreover, with her family all living in Europe, she's just glad for the company. These ghosts like to binge-watch shows and watch movies as much as any living friend you might have and they're just not bothering anybody. Of course she can't talk about them to anybody because she's gonna look like a friendless loser and/or a lunatic but that's a minor problem when you think of all the upsides of having ghosts who can't leave your house live with you.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Mit's third year has been a slump and definitely not up to his standards that he set for himself in the Js. He has got complacent in his practice and game study and it has shown in his in game performances.  Mit has tried to take on to much on himself, never having an agent .. So it was decided that it is time to reach out to an unlikely source to delegate some tasks to. None other than... Shorsey Wobet. Mit's long time enemy, and life long half-brother. Why? It's because Shorsey sucks. He never made it to the league and was a J player only. But damnit is he good with finances... And yeah, maybe in their young years there was a tense sibling rivalry .. but you have to be able to trust family right? Jack Johnson? Never heard of him.. Anyway, Shorsey is going to handle everything outside of the Rink from now on so Mit can focus on winning.

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

Option 2

As a player that has been pretty on and off with this league, I need to have an agent, it is not really one of those thing I can not have. If a player like myself does not have an agent, they do not have a team because a team can not trust someone like myself to stay with them. My agent pretty much only has this requirement to fill for me. I do not need them to negotiate anything for me as I feel like I have a good grasp on that, but when it comes to someone who can throw my name around the league, it is much needed. During the off-season, on the times where I do not want to come back, or come back to the off-season activities that the team wants to do, my agent has to book all of my flights and make sure I get back. If my agent does not do this, I will not fly back on my own.

Kevin Kim is not the best decision maker, that's why he hired an agent for everything finance and important for his professional career outside of playing the sport itself. His agent is his friend which made it his job to support players (like Kevin) to find the contract that they both are good with. In addition, the friend helps Kevin Kim with other problems as well. I mean, other than helping actually playing hockey and giving advice about the outside world is a real big help especially because some players can't decide which is better for their playing performance or skill level. Other problems including injuries (which aren't present in the league so far) trades and free agency is also much easier with the help of someone you can trust and get valuable information from. Overall, people who go freestyle in their careers just want to go alone or their already really good at finance. (I'm starting to hate 150 word TPE tasks because of the lack of options to choose from that aren't graphics which nobody does) 

183 words

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Jon St. Ark and his agent go back a long, long ways. When he first entered in the league, he was more than a little overwhelmed. Even not counting the SHL, there were more than a dozen teams in the juniors, with varying levels of interest in a new goalie prospect from Austria. Trying to field all the requests for scouting interviews and submitting all the right paperwork was daunting. But Jon's agent was there from the beginning, helping him navigate the waters. And when the agent got Jon a critical interview for Vancouver, everyone's lives changed. He was drafted by Vancouver and from then on it was a magical journey. Winning Rookie of the Year and the Four-Star Cup was an unforgettable experience and earned Jon's trust for life. When it was time to move to the big leagues, Jon trusted his agent again and wound up in a great spot in New Orleans. Now, as his career begins to draw to a close, Jon and his agent's conversations have changed. Its less so about free agency now, and more about if we're going to do it again for another year.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Written Task: Offseason is good time to call your agent to make sure you both are on same page about your players career and any potential moves or upcoming contract negotiations that could be done during next season(s).

Being only 19, going on 20 this offseason, Frøya isn't the most experienced with life. While her father, mother and the upbringing that she had led her to have a bit more wisdom than the average person her age, she still didn't know many things in life and thus with her father's recommendation decided to get an agent. Along with her sister, the Solbergs hired Norwegian famous agent Harald Hagen to represent them today in all business related matters with the SHL. Luckily Frøya doesn't need to use Harald a lot. Not being a very materialistic girl, she actually pays Harald a larger portion of the salary he gets her in hopes that she can try to not cost her teams as much money. That being said, she's still going to try to get her money's worth for a player of her value. She may eventually negotiate for a no trade clause when she moves up to Calgary as she hopes to stay with the team that drafted her 1st overall for a long time coming. She needs to pay them back of course. (190ish words)

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Lasse Zeigler's Agent is someone who came into his life when he was 13 years old, playing minor hockey in Germany, who came to scout very young talent from around the world. He saw potential in Lasse, and was the first person to give him a shot, taking him under his wing, Mentoring him and Teaching him. Soon enough he because good enough to get noticed by SMJHL scouts, and was picked up by St. Louis just after his 17th Birthday. From then on Lasse needed an Agent to do his contracts, and get him through professional hockey with ease without worrying about the management side of things, so he asked his good friend Jayden Cloutier to be his Agent, old SMJHL St. Louis Scarecrows player. Jayden was always just a scout looking for good players, never an Agent, but he stepped into the role nicely and has been there for Lasse ever since, no matter what, through the highs and lows, business or just needing a friend, or discussing plans to be the best player he can in the SHL.

Quote:Option 2:

Written Task: Offseason is good time to call your agent to make sure you both are on same page about your players career and any potential moves or upcoming contract negotiations that could be done during next season(s).

Agent could be someone who has been with your player since the beginning, relative or a old friend, or maybe a professional who oversees the finances of 20 or so other SHL players (while siphoning money from them all to buy more cards). They might only be hired for the contract negotiations or they might be just a call away to help your player with any problem they can think of.

Who is your player’s agent and what they do (and have done) for your player? If your player doesn't have an agent tell us why they don't.

Many many moons ago when Spack Jarrow was a blossoming prospect, he enlisted a basketball agent for his WSBL career. Unfortunately the league wasn't able to stay afloat so his basketball career ended when the league did. Jarrow split from his basketball agent after that rather than bringing him into other sport negotiations and handled his own contracts. Why give a middle-person your money when you can handle things yourself? That was always Spack's thoughts and it has served him well in the past.

Anyone that has had business dealings with Jarrow, knows that he will only discuss business on his boat/ship or at a TacoTime restaurant. Nobody is quite sure why that franchise is the only one he will conduct business at and when asked, Jarrow's only response was "Any time is TacoTime!".

One of the stipulations that he makes when agreeing to a contract while dining at the restaurant is that they have to tip the employees $100 each. He has even been known to wait while the teams representatives have had to make a trip to the ATM to withdraw cash to give.

Lately, teams are meeting him on his boat to conduct business.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

RIP THUNDERDOME 2013-2023 is the type of player that needs a really fantastic agent to get anywhere in the professional world, nevermind just hockey. Being a literal tombstone giving respects to one of the most controversial parts of the SHL, many are skeptical to allow such an individual onto their teams. Because of this, RIP THUNDERDOME made a long and difficult search for the best agent that money could buy. After much deliberation and many sleepless nights, RIP THUNDERDOME made the right decision, hiring the goat Michael Fitted as his agent. Michael Fitted is truly an SHL legend who forged his own path in a league where many questioned his ability to play and to interact with others. Michael Fitted knows how to navigate difficult situations dealing with large personalities as he had to deal with this himself his whole career. Michael Fitted was able to help RIP TD get drafted to Tampa Bay, the franchise he called home for his whole career

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM