Create Account

S41 PT #2 - Gametime

Well, Carter Manning has been in St. Louis for a couple of seasons now, so in the past while he's been able to take in a few sports games in St. Louis. One of his favourite has been watching some St. Louis Cardinals games. Baseball games are great. Especially for a casual Canadian fan that has no real investment or interest in the sport. Baseball games are simply great opportunities to have some beers with the guys and get some sweet sunlight in between sessions at the rink. Unfortunately, the Cardinals haven't been that great recently after a long run of post season appearance in the last 10 years. But the games are still fun and gives Manning an excuse to get out of the house. Even over the past couple years, Manning has begun to watch and study the game of baseball, and while there are some weird rules and traditions here and there, the game is actually fun to watch when you begin to care about it. 170

Written Task: Who do you go see play? Why does your player like this sport? Talk about your excursion in at least 150 words, including who you go see play, where, and who you take with you.

This is a pretty obvious one for Louie Garrett seeing that he is a Seattle native born and raised, but he was given the opportunity to go watch the Seattle Seahawks in action. Garrett loves football and would have considered playing it, if he hadn't dedicated himself to hockey at such an early age. The only true place to watch the Seahawks is at CenturyLink Field, in the heart of Seattle... cause who would want to go watch an away game when you could watch a game in the best stadium in the league. They were playing the San Francisco 49ers so there's even the chance that there were some stinky pride players in attendance. I didn't think that there were too many other football fans on the Seattle Riot, but I did manage to rope Clint Eastwood in coming along. All-in-all it was a fun day and I hope that we get another opportunity to come back again.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Lacrosse.

The local high school lacrosse team wanted to bring some attention to their sport so they could get more funds for equipment. My agent got a call and asked if I could make an appearance, being a prospect for the Texas Renegades, this should generate some traffic and slightly higher ticket sales. I happily obliged as I see a lot of similarities between hockey and lacrosse. I've heard many good things about the sport but oh my goodness was it a blast. Those guys take a beating and that's saying something coming from hockey all my life. I decided to take my fiancé with me and we ended up getting bored and took a little detour during a short intermission to get jiggy with it. Ahh like we were back in high school again. The game finished shortly after I did. I bought up the concessions for the lacrosse guys, gave a couple interviews with local news, and headed out for the night. 10/10 would do again.

167 Words

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

Rhys loves watching soccer during his spare time. He likes the tactical side of the game, more specifically the defensive aspect. It makes him a better decision maker on the ice. Being in Toronto most of his playing career, he developed a fondness for the Toronto FC, who play in the MLS. They recently signed a Italian international as their designated player named Sebastian Giovinco. He is a technically gifted player with lots of creativity. Plus, he is a good finisher. Games are always exciting when you have player like this on the field.
Toronto FC is playing Columbus this weekend. Rhys is most likely to take Chris York, his long time friend to watch the game at the BMO Field. They haven’t done much together after being reunited after two seasons. It’s the perfect opportunity to catch up. Both players will need to start performing at their peak to ensure North Stars make the playoff. What great way to build chemistry than going on a sporting event together.

One sport Tommy Tuck would definitely go see is none other than the football, which in turn, his brother plays over in the NSFL for a team named the Yellowknife Wraiths. Tommy Tuck would take a Friday off and go see his brother Jayce play against some team or another. Tommy would of course take his other brother, Tor, with him, because getting the Tuck brothers back together for a day or two would be an amazing time. Hopefully we would be able to get a day when they aren’t up in Yellowknife and on the road, because fuck Yellowknife and how far and out of the way it is up there in the Great White North. But it would be a day of the ages, the Tuck Brothers together again for the first time since they were kids, and how great it would be for Tommy and Tor to see Jayce do some dirty work on the field.

(159 words)

<a href='index.php?showuser=2766' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ErM</a>

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Kevin Hamilton got to go see the Buffalo Bills play in preseason with his girlfriend along for the show. Well, I say girlfriend. She was actually a woman paid a small sum to attend with him and pose as his girlfriend. After all, he’s a top line player for the Stampede now and can’t be seen with some scab. Gotta at least appear to have standards, even though he isn’t exactly the highest-paid player on the team and far from one of the most successful in the league. As for why he chose the Bills, there weren’t exactly a ton of options in the local area (kind of the same issue with finding a non-professional date, for that matter), but he was very curious to see Josh Allen in action. He’s always been a big fan of football, and Josh Allen was a very controversial pick for his alleged inability to transition to pro football.

[Image: q7eiDsh.jpg]
[Image: qMUbEKH.jpg]

The Halifax City S.C. (doesn't have a logo, so I just added a Raiders patch)

Info on that team: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_City_S.C.

[Image: Pd5gvg9.png]

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

If Gilmore Tuttle could have a weekend away from it all and just go watch some sport, it would be none other than a donut eating contest. While noted, his charm is his first donut he ever made, donut eating is actually a very big event from where he hails from. He also knows that without a doubt that if you don’t get tickets in advance you might not make it to the wonderful donut eating contest. As for someone he would take with him, well, honestly, it would probably be his line mate Ti-Guy Emond. Since the start of the season, these two have been paired together on the same line and have become closer together, and Gilmore has decided to share his secret love for food eating. Emond finds it to be quite weird, but anything to help out a teammate! So, Emond and Tuttle will board a plane this weekend and head home for the greatest donut eating contest in the world.
165 words

[Image: qlKFX4C.png]
[Image: 0KuYfSB.png]

[Image: hallsy.png]

Lyndis Vakarian has been given free tickets to go see the Toronto Blue Jays and watch some baseball. She'll be taking along with her Cynthia Taylor, her agent, to the game for two reasons. One, Taylor still lives in the Toronto area and knows some great food places afterwards. Two, Taylor will act as a peace offering to the Toronto crowd as Vakarian is on the Hamilton Steelhawks who used to be rivals with the Toronto North Stars, it helps avoid some unnecessary booing from the crowd.

Lyndis has always loved baseball though, if she had to pick any North American sport to play besides hockey, it would probably be baseball. It's a pretty foreign concept to her and she's kinda just fell in love with the game ever since she first got to watch a game. It helps that the hockey season isn't always running parallel with the baseball season so she can go watch a few games over the summer.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

[Image: pt2_ez.PNG]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Who do you go see play? Why does your player like this sport? Talk about your excursion in at least 150 words, including who you go see play, where, and who you take with you.

Last week Blizzard veteran Nik Scholz took the rookies and new teammates out to see their first Edmonton Eskimos game. A home game at Commonwealth stadium against the visiting Calgary Stampede, it was sure to be a good game as the two cities are rivals in just about every aspect. To get the boys in to the spirit Scholz bought the whole crew Eskimo jersey's. Brady MacIntyre and Yannick Berger threw them on without hesitation, but ol' Bubba Nuck peeled off his hoodie to reveal a Stampede jersey. He later revealed he became quite fond of the CFL during his time with the Calgary Dragons many moons ago and even befriended several of the players on the Stampede squad. Too many beers and many mini donuts later the game ended. To the delight of the fans in Commonwealth stadium the Eskimos doubled up the Stampede 20-10 in a close fought defensive match.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

[Image: 7ZEH8KX.png]

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

[Image: MUX6R7w.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada