Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us? NourFFAK

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? its fairly easy but sometimes challenging

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? no Nour helped alot

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? no Nour helped me

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) prospect tournament sounds fun

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I'm just bad with forums lol

1) How did you find us? NourFFAK

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? its fairly easy but sometimes challenging

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? no Nour helped alot

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? no Nour helped me

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) prospect tournament sounds fun

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I'm just bad with forums lol

1) How did you find us?
I idle in the reddit hockey discord and saw some people talking about their players in this league. It sounded interesting so I signed up to give it a shot.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
There's a solid learning curve involved, I wouldn't say it's easy but it's not difficult either - just takes some getting used to.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Nope.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yeah I used the written guide and it was very straight-forward. I was able to work everything out without needing to seek out help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Prospect Tournament sounds cool. Honestly just browsing the forums and being in the discord has been a big help in getting used to the league before the draft.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
The thing I struggled with most was the abbreviations so having some sort of glossary for those plus whatever other SHL jargon/slang is common would probably be helpful to others.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

1) How did you find us?

Heard of it from NSFL, a football sim league

A little difficult, but I had some prior experience

No, but make the update scale easier to find for new players

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

No

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Just some games to see how we do would be ok (happened to come on day of draft)

Show the update scale by all of the player archetypes

1) How did you find us?
Heard about it from a couple guys in a hockey management sim league I'm in.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Pretty straightforward, the guides in the rookie locker room help

Little bit of playing around, but all in all not too bad

Written tutorial was 10/10 helpful, life saver. Didn't open the video, since written guided me well enough

I signed up almost right before the draft so I'm not sure. Tournaments, showcase stuff is always interesting though in the NHL ... maybe like tryout camps?

What Beaver said about abbreviations, still trying to catch up

1) How did you find us?
Members who are in NSFL talking about SHL

Only because I have a little experience from NSFL otherwise it's pretty daunting

No I had a lot of help from existing members though

Nope

If I understand correctly I won't be a part of the draft? I'm a bit confused by the system though

Just a bit of a tidy up, remove dated threads and make sure information is relevant. Especially in the create a player section

[Image: benoconnor.gif]
[Image: H9wdMVb.png?1]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]

CODE

1) How did you find us?
A friend told me about it.
It took me a day to get it, an dim still adjusting, but id say no
No, the tutorials, and help there was great
I used the written tutorials, they helped a lot.
I think a Prospects tournament would be great, and would give GM's a better insight to the players
More tutorials, and maybe a walkthrough.

1) How did you find us? Through my friend <a href='index.php?showuser=2728' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Beaver</a>

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes, especially with the help of my bud.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not at all, Beaver walked my through it.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No I didn't, I had help from beaver.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I'd love to do prospect showcase for different teams.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I don't really have any, it was pretty easy to navigate.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

1) How did you find us? Beaver
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? fuck no

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?fuck yes

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? the fuck there a video tutorial NOPE

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)i dont fucking know wtf m8

the site is hard to navigate as a new player but thats more of me being a goon

1) How did you find us?
The NSFL

It was fairly easy as coming over from the NSFL it is quite similar. The colorscheme isn't that simple and there are tons of stickied posts that kind of make everything hard to follow or know where to start. There is a guide but I wonder if there is an easier way to have things flow in the forum.

None, but I had help from Dangles and others.

A little bit. Mostly for the update scale, starting values, and what points do what.

Playing in the SMJHL is fine enough for me if I entered late. It doesn't seem too long of a wait otherwise.

You guys do a great job of reaching out. I think site layout might be the only thing.

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

1) How did you find us?
A couple in the NSFL finally convinced me to join.

It's not bad. Half of my screen is taken up with twitter feeds, and other stuff, which is a bit annoying.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?3
Nope!

I used the written tutorial.

The development league is good enough!

There are A LOT of threads in the create a player/new player section. It's a bit overwhelming.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

1) How did you find us?

RaiN lives on here so I'm guilty by association

For me, not so much. It's rather confusing, maybe make the headings stand out more?

No only because I had some help

I used the written tutorial

I like the idea of breaks, so I'm good Smile

Maybe correct the broken links or archive's When i was creating in the "My first PT" I ended up on an old post which led me to a locked post. Was confusing but luckily some people could help

1) How did you find us?
Through word of mouth (actually text) from a friend in a discord server.

To me it is, but I have some experience in GOMHL so I am used to the forum thing.

Not at all! It was fairly simple and very well explained.

I used the written tutorial and it helped a lot! Answered all my questions.

Sign with a team to see how my player does going into the draft.

Honestly, I have no clue. It was laid out easy enough for me as a new memeber!

1) How did you find us?

NSFL
It feels a little bit harder than NSFL, more cluttered than I thought.

No

Yeah I used it, it was helpful.
Score Goals
Not much, seems to be a supportive league

1) How did you find us?

Friends already playing the game recruited me

Honestly, no. I can get accustomed to it but it isn't easy. Too many pages, old versions of topics, some locked, others aren't. Real maze.

No, the explanations were well made. However, I feel like I skipped over important stuff....like this survey.

Yes, it helped. We'll see how it goes after that.

Nothing much, I like that it's relaxed so I can learn more about this game.

Maybe have a webpage site presenting everything that new member can use. It isn't easy to navigate in a big forum to find all the information needed. That would be easier for a noob like me I think.