Create Account

Dale Shootman's Wild Ride
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 09:37 AM by amdschaefer.)

First Article

Dale Shootman has had a wild ride leading up to his draft year for the SMJHL. Born in Thunder Bay, Ontario, his family was forced to move when he was 6 because his red-hot hockey skills couldn’t flourish in the frozen north. After that, he grew up in Toronto, where he lit up the minor leagues for years and plans to continue doing so in the SMJHL.

Shootman is a large player, standing 6’2”, but he has a touch of finesse that serves him well in the offensive zone. A quick skater, his hands have proven very adept at baffling defenders and leaving them in his dust. He has a natural leadership about him, and has served as a team captain for several years as a youth. Teammates have referred to Shootman as “a great guy”, “a positive presence in the locker room”, and “without a doubt the most attractive and impressive player I’ve ever had the great pleasure of lining up with”.

A patriotic Canadian, Shootman hopes he can continue to play in Canada. “I love it up here, where it’s a little cold” he says, “though I am glad we moved to the south. It was too cold in Thunder Bay. I would love an opportunity to keep playing in my home country, but of course I won’t say no to an American team. There’s always international competitions, where I hope to represent Canada on the world stage someday.”

Asked about his SHL aspirations, Shootman couldn’t hold back his excitement. “I’ve been cheering for the Toronto North Stars since I was just a kid. This town lives and breathes hockey, and I would relish a chance to give back.”

Shootman is a pleasant kid to talk to, and a formidable presence on the ice.  He gives me a firm handshake and a bright smile at the end of our interview. “I hope we can talk again once I’m set up with a new team,” he says. I hope so too.

Dale Shootman will be fielding questions from the media for the next two days leading up to the draft.

Word count: 351

Fellow Canadian! welcome to the SMJHL and lots of luck at the draft!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Hey man, because this is your first post, you get double the payment for it. I would recommend, if you want, just edit the post and tell us more so that you can easily increase your word count and tell us more about yourself.

Hey man, welcome to the league. Nice to see new guys jumping into media right away.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Nice first article !

Just like Karey said it would be better for you in the longrun to have your first media article a tad longer.

Try to aim for 1000 words .
If you struggle to reach that wordcount just open your first media article to questions from the media and I am sure a good chunk of people will ask you questions which can pad your wordcount Wink

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)