Create Account

The Unknown Story of Steven Moyer
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2018, 10:29 PM by JKortesi81.)

Where do you start with an almost complete unknown player? We had to know more about the story of the undrafted free agent signee of the St. Louis Scarecrows, so we went straight to the source. 

Growing up in a small town in Ontario Canada, Steven loved spending time playing with his friends and family. (Mother, Father, brother, and 2 sisters.) His father, a truck driver, would be gone for days at a time and sometimes young Steven would get to go with him. "It was great getting to go to different places all over Canada, seeing all kinds of interesting things and people." In school, Steven excelled and showed he had the smarts to do many things. "I received awards for English and Math, I really enjoyed playing dodge ball and street hockey in gym." Being a quiet student, many of his classmates didn't know the talent he possessed. "I had a handful of friends who saw the real me, I liked the idea of being a man of mystery to so many." When it comes to his family, Steven says it's hard to explain in words how much he loves them. "My family are just amazing, if one of us is feeling sick or hurt, we know we are never alone and always have each other no matter what. Even if two of us have a serious argument, we would be there for each other no matter what, I just love them so much."

Having started playing hockey much later than regular players, Steven Moyer picked up the game pretty quick. "I loved listening to the games on the small radio I had in my room while falling asleep, I always believed I could be one of those players if I worked hard enough, even if I was a late bloomer." Before signing up for competitive hockey, Steven would spend night and day practicing with an old stick, a tennis ball, and his dog. "I started by just shooting the ball, then doing crazy tricks off and my dog would always bring it back and it was an endless cycle." He would get together with his brother and soon decided it was more fun to see someone else get the glory. "I decided pretty quick that I preferred setting up the goals for others."

It only took 2 seasons of play for him to catch up to players his own age, and even become a player with a bright future ahead of him. Some in his family doubted his place in hockey after his first game was "a complete embarrassment". Just some terrible bad luck according to the man himself. "It was one of those days where anything that could have gone bad did and then some." By the end of his first season those same family members had started to realize the talent was starting to shine through. 

The day came for the SMJHL draft and many in his small town was hoping for a dream to become a reality, but an unforseen last minute situation caused Steven to miss out on the draft. As of now whatever the cause was, it still remains a mystery. Something Steven prefers to stay a that way. "It's not something that would cause a problem if it came to light, but for those involved I prefer it to stay a secret."

Sometime later a few teams received tapes of this young player and decided he was worth more than just a look. "I was helping a friend move when I received a call about some offers coming in, I thought my pro hockey dream was over." Although he received multiple offers, one stood out over the rest because of one previous conversation. "I was talking with JKortesi81 about different things before the offers came in, his offer came in last and my decision was made."

"A SMJHL locker room is so much more different than any I have been in so far. The team is full of rookies, so we are still getting used to each other, which is going pretty quick and smoothly. I sense that we are going to become a family that stays close long after our playing days are through."

Nobody knows what the future has in store for this talented player, but Steven can't wait to find out. "I am excited to live the hockey life that so many young kids dream about. If I can turn even one young child into a future hockey player, I will have succeeded more than I ever thought possible." The future of this young player looks like it is one to watch, and we can't wait to see how far he goes.

(Word Count: 784 2x First Article Bonus.)

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Scarecrows Great work! Can't wait to see what Moyer can do this season. Scarecrows

[Image: BOYLE.png]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]

sker kros

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway