Create Account

S44 Rookies and the WJC
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 10:48 PM by luke.)

So this is going to an article like my last seasons (http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=87992) , looking at this newest rookies country, and how the WJC is after this.

Xena
UK
Shaquille Derisraka
Russia
Mister McCarty
Russia
Derek Bohne
Germany
Keegan Angello
Canada
Shouta Aizawa
Czech
Gints Krumins
Latvia
Kristers Dzelme
Latvia
Roger Baston
France
Pavel Volkov
Russia
Dean Colt III
?
Phoenix Kississippi
Austria
Samo Solen
Slovakia
Tate Treehouse
UK
Tomas Youngholm
Sweden
Takehiko Yukimura
UK
Bernard Brendorowski
Latvia
Tauras Karazija
Lithuania
Jean-Pierre Gay
Canada
Willie Fisterbottom
Finland
Mikael Choybuk
Canada
Scott Niedermayer Jr.
USA
Dinārs Briedis
Latvia
Ray Bork
UK
Antonio Calculon
Austria
Stolp Skottson
Sweden
The Klaw
USA
Airi Yamaguchi
Japan
Barret McCarthy
USA
Casey Matz
France
Poopity Scoop
?
Ryan Quinn
Ireland
Xzayvian JägerNosker
Germany
Zach Holt
Canada
Aaron Freakin Rome
Canada
Chuck Crutchfield
USA
Mark McFleury
Canada
Maurice Amin
UK
Jerry Larry
USA
Waffles Man
Sweden
Rainbow Dash
?
AJ Robertson
Germany
Ruaridh Monroe
Scotland
Willy Mack
UK
Bernard Freeman
USA
Brock Nuck
Latvia
Lillie Jacobs
USA
Franz Cooper
Germany
Ola Wagstrom
Sweden
Spazzy McFee
Ireland
Chase McAllister
USA
Shawnomir Jagr
Czech

Looking from this, there is this many from each Country
Team British Isles: 10 (11 if you count Scotland)
Team Canada: 6
Team Czech: 2
Team Germany/Austria: 6
Team Latvia: 5
Team Scandinavia: 5
Team World: 9
Team USA: 8
Total : 52 Draftees

Positions:

C
LW
RW
D
G

[Image: 5zT4F0ndkZ623CbpgQFnj6sLP-oiVgj5TKzHabfj...d_HCro8bgu]
So if compared to last year there is a lot less RW and LW, and G. and a lot more C and D. And this important because there was not a huge quality of Defenseman last year, when these Defenseman develop, then they will make up for the lesser quality of defenseman of last season.

So looking at the nations
[Image: QQaQTgeHEux7pMH95ruCn85eSnqmJpBioQXWQMV_...i9XZS3uqzM]
Looking at this, British Isles has the most players in this draft, and then team world, USA, canada, germany austria, Scandinavia, Latvia, and then Czech. So Czech is obviously lacking the firepower to sustain the national team.

So lets dive deeper into each team.

BRITISH ISLES
11 people this WJC. They have the highest TPE earner of the draft so far on their team (Xena). Some other notable people are Ray Bork, Willie Mack,Maurice Aman, but other than that, there are some slow TPE earners for British Isles. So, in the end, they will have some really good couple people out of the draft, but it is looking like a lot wont develop enough.

Canada
With 6 people in the draft, Canada has been doing alright getting their youth into hockey.
With some great players like Jean-Pierre Gay, and Mikael Choybuk leading the way for their nation this draft class. That being said, Canada is pretty deep in their WJC lines, but having those up and coming people always help you maintain being the top

Czech:
Oof. Only having 2 people, and 1 being a bust already, the world will be looking at Shouta Aizawa to come out strong for Czech. In the offseason, they got a capped D-man from transfers in Charlie Schieck. Also their rookies last year and the year before just keep on getting better and better, so they will definitely be in the medal rounds.

Germany/Austria
Them having 6 people this draft is good for them. Some notable people are Derek Bohne and Franz Cooper leading the way for them, as last WJC, Germany/Austria had a lackluster performance, so they will need all the help that they can get.

Latvia
Getting an impressive 5 people in this draft is great for Latvia. Some notable people on the team are Kristers Dzelme, Brock Nuck, and Dinārs Briedis, rounding out their defense and offense respectively. Latvia, who got 1st in the round robin, will need some more help, as a couple veterans got called up to the SHL, bringing the need for newer rookies to step up and produce.

Scandinavia
Like Czech, for the amount of people in their nation, they only have 5 people in the draft, out of the 3 nations. The notable people in this draft is Ola Wagstrom, Waffles Man, and Willie Fisterbottom. So even though they dont have a ton of newer people, they make up for it with good depth. Scandinavia, who finished last in their division last WJC, will really need to step it up, if they want a good chance to win a medal this time around

Team World
For team world, this will be a giant *, as people can transfer to a different nation, but the best player right now for team world is Poopity Scoop, Rainbow Dash, Dean Colt III, and Roger Baston. Team World, getting 1st in their division in the Round Robin will get a major boost, as there are quality players coming in around the world.

Team USA
They also got a very good amount of players this draft, with 8. Some notables with, Scott Niedermayer Jr., Barret McCarthy, Chuck Crutchfield, Bernard Freeman and Lillie Jacobs. Which is some of the best players in this draft. USA, which got 2nd in their conference, and Gold in the WJC, they will have an even more stacked team this time around.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading, and I hope the rookies see how much the future holds for them in the international scene. I will be doing more tpe related media posts about the S44 draftees as you guys develop more. Shoutout to Xena to having the most TPE right now out of the draft class. Shoutout to some great 1st gens who are making this site even better.

(990 words, plus a lot of work of finding the data, making the graphs and shit.)

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Great work as usual mate!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Nice post man, great info!

Cheers

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 09:35 PM by King.)

Back to back seasons of the highest TPE earner being British? Yes, please.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Thanks for the Shoutout Luke!! Great read!

Uk

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Czechs are gonna be very good soon Czechoslovakia great article luke

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

09-17-2018, 12:03 AMGrapehead Wrote: Czechs are gonna be very good soon Czechoslovakia great article luke

Soon my young child we will be a powerhouse.

Good read luke, making graphs and gathering data is my prefered media route too.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Wow listed as UK. Pls don’t tell the cops that would be TREASON.

09-18-2018, 05:56 PMAllen Wrote: Wow listed as UK. Pls don’t tell the cops that would be TREASON.

oh nah. the format is a little weird, ill be honest, I was just too busy with school to fix it. Your nation is below you, not above you. but it is confusing in that portion.

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

09-18-2018, 05:56 PMAllen Wrote: Wow listed as UK. Pls don’t tell the cops that would be TREASON.

Not the country above your player name but under your player name is the WJC country

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

09-18-2018, 06:02 PMTomen Wrote:

Not the country above your player name but under your player name is the WJC country

IT’S CONFUSING TOMEN PLS DON’T LECTURE ME DAD I’M AN ADULT NOW