Create Account

S43 PT #5 - Draft Class

You wanna know about my draft class? Alright let me break something down to you. First of all, this is about my Juniors draft class, deal with it. Now when I first came in DT traded up to #2 to draft me to Vancouver. Some people questioned this move as they knew I wasn't going to be a max active, but DT is a smart cookie so he did it anyway. Now, 1OA was good ol Grapehead's defenseman Charlie Sheen. Shortly after our first season in the Juniors people were quick to label Buck Maverick a bust because of my lower TPE earnings. They dumb. See they think you earning a shitload makes you better for juniors? We capped, bro. If someone is sitting on 600 TPE you think they're gonna stay down as long as someone with only 450 TPE? I didn't think so. So fast forward to today and there is one defenseman who stands above the rest, leading in points and is top-10 in shots blocked. Buck Maverick baby. Where's 1OA Charlie Sheen? Not even close. Where's the other draftees everyone thought was better than Buck? Nowhere. Buck is the fucking greatest of his draft class and in what is likely his final season he is leaving the Juniors the same way he leaves your girlfriend, on top.

[Image: L3tGU51.png]

The S31 Draft Class has been a pretty damn good class. I’m actually pretty honored to be a part of it. We’ve had some bad ass members to the league, including (but not limited to) Pietra Volkova, Zach Evans, Jason Visser, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Alexis Metzler, Alex Light, Trevor Wilson, and of course Joe Kurczewski, haha. Truth is, this class has been running the league for the last couple of seasons. We’re just entering into the harder parts of regression, so our time on top is near the end, save for the few of us with a bananas amount of TPE. I think it will be remembered pretty fondly, as our class has littered the SHL with GMs, Head Office Members, and we’ve been involved in countless league jobs for last two real life years. The ones that have stuck it out have had really excellent careers, factoring in on league championships, scoring titles, and individual awards. I’m proud to have been a part of it. (166)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Draft class of S31

A class that looked to be fairly healthy for sometime has of late been dwindling fairly fast. Even with that said, here is a rough outlook who is left still kicking.

Stampede Alexis Metzler - 1816 TPE - DEF
Steelhawks Ronnie Westbrook - 1407 TPE - C/ DEF
Steelhawks Brennan Kennedy (IA) - 689 TPE - RW
Rage Tord Yvel (IA) - 441 TPE - DEF
Wolfpack Toivo Kosonen - 1516 TPE - DEF
Platoon Trevor Wilson - 1458 TPE - LW
Platoon Alex Light - 1653 TPE - LW
Platoon Ludwig Koch Schroder - 1936 TPE - DEF
Dragons Adam Kaiser - 1498 TPE - DEF
Dragons Joe Kurczewski - 1898 TPE - RW
Panthers Matthew Leetch - 997 TPE - DEF
Blizzard Ace Redding (IA)- 1077 TPE - RW
Blizzard Henrik Vikstrom (IA) - 194 TPE - LW
Riot Eduard Selich - 1105 TPE - LW
Renegades Vasily Horvat - 1276 TPE - RW
Renegades Brynjar Tusk (IA) - 925 TPE - DEF
Jets Pietra Volkova - 1656 TPE - LW
Jets Corey Bearss - 1544 TPE - LW
Jets Zach Evans - 1649 TPE - RW
Jets Jason Visser - 2034 TPE - C

So removing the roster filling inactives below 500 TPE and you have.... 18 players still kicking who are more than serviceable as players. If I had to pick 3 ambassadors for the S31 draft class? It would have to be....

Alexis Metzler - Has stuck out his entire career (more or less) with 1 team from beginning til now. Buffalo has gone through quite a few up and downs, but he has still managed to nab just a FEW awards in his time.
Joe Kurczewski - Part of the mini Dynasty the Dragons have experienced over the last 20 or so seasons now, he has been the face of the franchise since the retirement of their old guard and will continue to be for seasons to come.
Jason Visser - The TPE monster who has more than a few things to his name as well over his career which should continue to pile up totals and make him an eventual lock for the HoF before it's all said and done.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Almost one year since I joined this website, time flies by so fast. I was part of that s39 reddit draft that was loaded in defensemen and wingers talent. At the time, it was seen to be safer to select a recreate instead of a new member. But with guys like Karno Grönkjær, Karsten Kadinger, Patrick Brumm Jr., Markus Meliodas and Max Poulin taken early and turning into busts while new members like Brady McIntyre, Mikhail Lokitonov, Bob Bergen, Gary Grease, Viktor Marius are the top 5 in TPE earned, mentality changed in the most recent Reddit draft where a lot of quality recreates fell and the top 10 was almost exclusively new gens.

It's really unfortunate because this rookie class could have been remembered as one of the best but too many members ended up inactive. There were some great late draft steals in Anders Christiansen, Romuald Loks and Sebastien Primeau, but most draft class have those so not really anything spectacular. I'd like to think I'm also one of those steals being picked 48 overall and now in the top 20 in TPE. This class might see 5 guys reaching the 2000 TPE mark, could be the first one in doing so I believe.

If I have to write something about my draft class, I have to mention the sheer size of it. Season 43 was one in the largest draft classes in SHL history. The size of the class has brought numerous new users to the site, several of which appear to be here for the long haul. With draft being so recent to it hard to say who will be the leaders of this draft class for seasons to come. It could be an up and comer like King or luketd or the class could end up being represented by a recreate such as Jaywhy, Muerto or Bonk (yeah I will make sure that does not happen). Currently it is too hard to say how this draft class will age consider none of them have played a game in the SHL. When this draft class is look at in history I am sure it will be considered one of the biggest draft class of the era, with several player that will make the SHL Hall of Fame and when that happens I hope Lil’ Manius will make that HOF cut.

Words~188

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Of all the things the S43 draft class could be remembered for, it will be most memorable for its outspoken and controversial characters--both on and off the ice. This draft class is full of players who speak their mind regardless of the consequences and act up during play as well. Hippo Passamus set an aggressive start to his career, defining himself as a heavy-hitting power forward and creating a league-wide incident by calling out SHL management before the draft even started. Cedric Robinson is already known as a hot-head, unafraid to call out other players and managers, and even willing to attack players on the ice when he deems necessary. Not to mention the controversy surrounding Alestair Cain's caustic comments, the fallout, and the following suspensions both to him and fellow rookie Vladislav Konstantin. S43 may be a strong class on the ice, but it's the actions around their play that will define this draft class.

My draft class will always be remembered as the draft class that brought the beaver into this world of ice and friendship. By friendship I mean petty arguments online over nothing that only seeks to enrage half the user base.

Anyway the only thing I actually remember from my draft class was that Beaver, Keygan, Logan, and Er were in it with me. We're like the power rangers, all with our unique abilities.

Er has the power of a job where he doesn't have to commit 100% of his time so he's able to dive fully into any one league. This power also comes with the ability to convince strangers on the internet to send him leg shots.

Logan has the power of instigation. He simply opens his mouth and a fight starts. Really a rare ability. Many have attempted to copy him, like Mr. Shit and AssPancakes. Were they the same person? Either way, he was the original and thus the most powerful.

Beaver also has a similar power to Er, but instead of using it the way Er does, he uses it to shitpost with the best of them and store millions of copypastas.

Keygan has the instigation ability as well, however his much more powerful ability is to somehow gain promotions for positions many do not find him worthy of at the time of hiring. Truly remarkable that he has been able to stay in these positions.

Bzerkap, that's me, has the power of nothing really. He basically minds his own business and talks too much on discord.

By our powers combined we formed the ultimate sim league hero, Captain SHL. We embody all facets of the league and as such we will be remembered forever.

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

NSFL PT
Bayleyisland is my username. I heard CW is accepted. More than 200 words.

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=151540 NSFL Ultimus Week/Welfare

Also shout out to the S38 class, 8 pages I read through and found 3 mentions :(

Two of them were about how S38 was the Buffalo class (fair) and I had no idea Cynthia was actually in the S38 class but it feels good to be called one of the greats of the class already with my fellow STL brother, Bobby Watson.

S43 Class here, and boy. Its feels like a special class to be apart of, and i'm not talking about where I was back in elementary school (turns out I wasn't slow, just needed weed or something). But really, a lot of talented and, dedicated players, and what seems like a very strong bond between the players in the class! From what I've heard the players from our class hold a large portion of said jobs on the site. I haven't been around for other classes but it feels like this is one to remember. Although i'm quiet and, most of them may have forgotten that I exist I'm proud to share a class with such dedicated folks. I hope to continue to grow along with a lot of these people who stick around, and hopefully when all is said and done, we can say our class was one of the best around!

159 werdz

Panthers  Militia   Militia   Panthers

PBE PT

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

I'll be talking about Eduard's draft class which was S31. As quite a few people know S31 was one of the biggest draft classes in the history of the league. There were quite a few leaders in this draft class and a good amount of players that even reached the elusive 2000 TPE mark. As for the leaders there was one really early on and it was Pris. She set up the S31 discord and helped all the reddit people with navigating and understanding the site. As far as how Eduard fit into that draft class. At first he was one of the leaders and one of the top prospects being picked #2 overall. He also was the youngest player to score at least 60 points in a season but then his production plummeted and he never was able to reach 60 points again but he was still a decent offensive player for his career. As for how the S31 class will go down in history I hope they will produce quite a lot of Hall of Fame players and award winners or just in general players that will be remembered.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Fredrich Koenig was the first player selected in the Season 39 Entry Draft, going second-overall to Buffalo after Texas forfeited their first-overall pick. That pick has resulted in a solid defenseman from the Stampede, although Koenig's development has fallen behind some of the others in his class who could be classified more as home-run picks. One such pick is Koenig's teammate, Viktor Marius, who was the long-time leader in TPE for the class despite being taken in the second round. Surpassing Marius recently is Edmonton Blizzard first-round pick Brady McIntyre, one of several top-tier defensemen chosen in the S39 draft. Other notable names include Gary Grease and Mikhail Loktionov, as well as Cedric Moreau as a promising goaltender of the future. Ultimately, the S39 Entry Draft will be one looked at as fairly deep, with some elite players coming out of it. Still, the top of the draft leaves a bit to be desired, especially for a Reddit draft.

PBE PT

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

[Image: li-vancouver-fans-rtr2muw01111111112.jpg]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite