Create Account

Ola Wagstrom Currently 2nd in SMJHL Goals
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 09:27 PM by StamkosFan.)

Look to the leaderboard, and you’ll find a new name among juniors’ top 5 points earners. Ola Wagstrom, who posted a modest 11 points in his rookie season, has already doubled that total in just 19 games. Thanks to a strong showing at the WJC for Team Scandinavia, he was pegged as a sleeper by a few analysts before the year, and has handsomely rewarded them so far. His believers were excited by his preseason performance, as he led the Falcons in points, and he has continued to post strong numbers a third of the way through the regular season. The Jets must’ve spotted the untapped potential lurking in the Swedish right winger, and realized that his poor stat line could be attributed to being buried in the lineup with limited minutes.

“I think it’s tough to stand out or to put up consistent contributions when you don’t get much ice time, but I guess I had to pay my dues. Now, I’m a top-six forward, and I can show the caliber of player that I really am. I’m going full speed ahead and I’m not going to take my foot off the accelerator. Vladislav Konstantin, I’m coming for you,” said Ola Wagstrom.

Wagstrom is likely referring to the player currently leading the league in goals and points. While the Swede is third in points, he is second in league goals. Wagstrom has potted 12 goals, but although this number is impressive, he is trailing Kelowna’s Konstantin by 4. Catching up to a established, elite scorer will certainly not be easy, but the Falcons winger’s confidence was unwavering.

“I know he has experience on his side, but I have great teammates. The Falcons have a much better roster for me to play alongside, so I have the advantage in that regard. I think he will only be able to carry all the weight for his team for so long, and when he falters, I’m going to be ready to seize that top perch. I may be four goals behind, but I scored that many times in one game against Halifax. A handful of bad games for Konstantin is the only opening I need to take the lead,” said Ola Wagstrom. “I’m proud to call myself a sniper, and there’s nothing I like more than lighting the lamp. The Jets had a lot of belief that I could accomplish great things, and I don’t want to prove them wrong. So what better way to prove that I’m legit than by leading the SMJHL in goals? My goals may be lofty, but I don’t think impossible or unattainable.”

It is not just Wagstrom who has impressed this year, but the rest of his squad has been solid too. In fact, the entire Detroit Falcons team has been electric, sitting atop the SMJHL standings at the time of this writing. Their offense is a force to be reckoned with, leading the league with 77 goals for, and they boast a stacked lineup at all positions. At the present time, Detroit looks to be the top contender for the Cup, and should be marked as the favorite as playoff bets are staked. The Falcons want to win, they want to win now, and they have the tools to do so.

“At the end of the year, I want to see pictures of me and my teammates hoisting the Cup on the front page of the newspaper. We have so much talent, we have great management, and we have an outstanding fanbase that always turn out to support us. This is the year where we should try to make a deep run. I know we all will work hard to make a championship happen,” said Ola Wagstrom.

Word Count: 622 Words

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Keep it up bud!

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

good job

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Great season man!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

*talks in falcons*

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Falcons

[Image: 3.png]

thanks for the mention bro Cheers you're building a dominant player for sure!!

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Falcons SKREEEEE Falcons

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Woah you want the cup? Literally no one wants that

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-14-2018, 12:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Woah you want the cup? Literally no one wants that

Lol I should write a satirical article about how management is floored that a player publicly expressed that he wants a championship

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]