Create Account

What I'm Thankful For

After posting a lengthy series of trolling posts about the comical decisions of HO, I'd like to make a wholesome post about what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. While I'm personally not celebrating the annual tradition of gorging myself with food until tomorrow (due to family circumstances), I'd still like to cover what I'm thankful for within the SHL and the surrounding community. So, let's get to it:

I'm thankful for the Toronto North Stars
With my first generation player, I was taken in the second round by the stars and never looked back. They gave me an opportunity to make a sim-league player and grow into a great two-way winger throughout my first career.

I'm thankful for the Texas Renegades
After spending several seasons with the stars, I was traded to the Platoon for two seasons where I didn't really accomplish much. I was then moved on to the Renegades where my legacy would be solidified as we won the S36 cup.

I'm thankful for @dankoa
After going on a planned hiatus for several months and finally returning to make my second player, I managed to fall to 10th overall in the SHL draft. It was where Dan had made a trade to acquire the pick and snatch me up, bringing me back to where I belong.

I'm thankful for @JSS
So you get a lot of flack around here for HO decisions, and rightfully so (I'm never one to hold back how I feel), but you gave me my first chance in my sim league career to become a GM over in GOMHL. It's a relaxed league so it's really a great chance for me to learn the ropes.

I'm thankful for my career so far
I was skeptical going into a power forward build, as it's been one that a lot of people attempt but fail so regularly, since it takes such a long time to become effective. Luckily, Konn's career has started pretty nicely as he nears the 20 point mark in just his second season.

I'm thankful for reddit drafts
The one back in S25 brought me here, and I'm glad this tradition / pact with Reddit still continues. If it weren't for these loaded draft classes, it's my educated guess that this whole operation would've folded years ago.

I'm thankful that @Rush is banned
I know certain members are known very well for stirring the pot, but when someone like Rush comes along and blatantly flames active members it just seems counterintuitive to keep someone like him around. Good move.

I'm thankful for management
One could only guess what the owners & management of the website have to do to keep us all satisfied (or at least close to it.) Whether it's a simple rule change or formatting issues, all the way to moving the forums to a safer host & server, it's certainly a thankless job.

I'm thankful for how helpful this community is to newer members
Seriously, if it wasn't for people showing me the way when I first joined, I would've thrown my hands up in frustration and walked out the very door I came in through. We might not agree on all (or any) issues, but we all seem to come together to help someone new.

and finally

I'm thankful for HO
Before going any further, you've made some real dumbass decisions recently. With that being said, deep down I'm pretty thankful for what you all do. Once again, it's another thankless job that comes with the burden of trying to please everyone when in reality, it's impossible. You all try (or at least I hope) to do your very best to keep the chaos & wittiness of 100+ active members under control in an online environment. All-in-all, you've done a good job since I joined back in spring of 2015. Recently it's been pretty terrible, but it's pretty hard to tell someone how to drive a car when you've never driven it yourself.

Quote:Words: 1,000 or so

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

wait a second I'm not on this list wtf

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

I am thankful for wedj

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

<3

[Image: 3.png]

i'm thankful that i got to draft nj

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

11-22-2018, 11:46 AMNereus Wrote: I am thankful for wedj

I like those big suits you can wear to get in fights with dogs.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

hey ily nj dont forget that

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey