Create Account

Weekend Funtime: IIHF

Personally I'd love to see a match up between Canada and Czechoslovakia, simply because of the fact that I used to be on team Canada prior to my transfer and I'd love the opportunity to prove that I made the right decision when I jumped on the offer to switch.

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

I believe Canada has the brighter future. They have an amazing player in Luke Atmey and I have faith in Jearim. I have faith he will bring us back to the glory days of Gorlab who had us consistently winning medals.

@Jearim and Team Canada have the brighter future because he knows what it takes to get that little extra out of his team. Just look at Montreal. Canada loses to the UK still but they’re close to breaking through.

I want to see an Ireland vs Canada match up in the gold medal game. Pit two of the best countries against each other. Ireland has won a couple of gold medals recently, but taking down a powerhouse Canadian team in the finals would send a huge statement to the IIHF.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

I would love to see Canada vs Latvia in the finals. It would be a very David vs Golith'esc match up. The largest hockey market vs one of the smaller ones.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

3. As a fan what match up would you like to see take place in this seasons gold medal game and why?

This is a easy question, as a Finnish fan I would really like to see Finland vs Sweden, a lot of history behind that matchup and on top of that, I think it would be a really good hockey game. Russia and Canada is another excellent option, as a neutral fan of hockey, the last one would be my pick, so much skill and talent on the ice.

damn... no love for usa :(

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Expansion's always a fun topic. While I don't personally want to see expansion happen for the same reasons that @Rich stated, let's pretend I did. I'd go with Switzerland first, and then maybe an Asian team like China or Japan. Would be nice to have something different like that in the league.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Internaly conversations have begun to surface about the possibility of adding another team or 2 to the IIHF and what it would take to make that happen.. While nothing is imminant, the IIHF is interested in hearing what you have to say on the topic! give us your thoughts on 1 or 2 destinations that you would like to see the IIHF expand to and why?

I think adding Japan would an interesting country that some people would like to join. As they are up and coming in the whole sport hockey.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Japan and Switzerland are popular, but with the number being too low for a team Japan, maybe a western asia team, combining Japan, China , both Korea's, and Philippines. Also, as a replacement to Switzerland, Spain would be cool, if for nothing else but to have a bull on their Jerseys ?

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

12-07-2018, 11:58 PMVelevra Wrote: I believe Canada has the brighter future. They have an amazing player in Luke Atmey and I have faith in Jearim. I have faith he will bring us back to the glory days of Gorlab who had us consistently winning medals.

Holy crap that's a lot of Faith, and some big ass shoes!

Knights ||  Patriotes

12-08-2018, 12:05 AMhockeyfan Wrote: @Jearim and Team Canada have the brighter future because he knows what it takes to get that little extra out of his team. Just look at Montreal. Canada loses to the UK still but they’re close to breaking through.

Thanks for the kind words brother....but we have no intention of letting the U.K have the last word on our behalf, see you in the gold medal game ?

Knights ||  Patriotes

1. Internaly conversations have begun to surface about the possibility of adding another team or 2 to the IIHF and what it would take to make that happen.. While nothing is imminant, the IIHF is interested in hearing what you have to say on the topic! give us your thoughts on 1 or 2 destinations that you would like to see the IIHF expand to and why?

I'm not sure this is a great idea in general as it already seems like some of the teams that we do have are already struggling to get active players... but if I had to choose 2 countries to add it would Denmark and Switzerland. Both teams have a current world ranking higher than several teams IRL and not to mention that Czechoslovakia hasn't existed since the early 90's but whatever.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

If there's going to be a matchup that people want to see, it's going to be USA vs Canada. All the other countries are irrelevant, and hardly ever matter in the grand scheme of international hockey.

For me its got to be a match up between the UK and Ireland. It would be good for developing hockey in that part of the world as well as having the extra spice of a geographical and historical rivalry.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]