Create Account

Introduce Earning Hard Cap?

12-19-2018, 07:45 AMTommySalami Wrote:
12-19-2018, 07:30 AMSnussu Wrote: Tbh I don't think changing cap is necessary.
I was drafted like 4th round and I'm in top 20 of TPE earners of my class. I'm 550 TPE and I'm getting called up.
Why? Cause Team needs me. I would happily stay down if Team didn't need me and I could have gone up with 650+ TPE

SHL GM's want players to get as much TPE as possible. For Example, EDM Prospect will probably stay down for 4-5 Seasons just because they have so many High TPE players.
Sometimes you go up at 550 TPE. Sometimes 700 TPE

I'm going to EDM this season. I think we may need to bump waivers up a season. I don't want to upset my own team, but it's silly that teams can sit on 500-800 TPE prospects, when teams like Minnesota and Seattle have next to no actives.

Excatly

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Kinda interesting that there are basically two opposite proposals out there at the moment. One where the SMJHL-cap would be raised, effectively giving people an incentive to stay down longer because they could be more dominant in juniors. And now this one, which would force people to be called up much quicker than they are now. So we are probably in a good spot right now, somewhere in the middle between the two proposals.

I just find this entertaining. 600 TPE is more than enough to be an effective rookie in the SHL, this player of mine did it with 500 tpe, my last player did it with 400. You're scared for no reason if you think 600 isn't enough to be a solid contributor.

Inactive third liners can do the job just as well? I see teams that have prospects sitting in the SMJHL that would be in their top 6 or top 4. GMs should be forced to manage their rosters and make room for the active prospect and considering shipping away the inactive. Or, I don't know, make a legitimate 4th line.

Also with this rule you still get more than enough time to play in the SMJHL. This would only force players up when they are ready. Slow earners don't truly get effected by this.

You bring up expansion but that doesn't change the mind set. There were LITERALLY SPOTS for players to play and they chose to stay down. What difference will expansion make? What if their guys just do the exact same thing. Your counter argument is stacked teams, but teams that are bare of legit players don't even bring their players up when they are clearly ready for the big leagues.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Too lazy to read, but my two cents is to limits smjhl to three seasons max instead of a tpe cap

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 03:54 PM by Mayuu.)

12-19-2018, 03:46 PMBoomcheck Wrote: I just find this entertaining. 600 TPE is more than enough to be an effective rookie in the SHL, this player of mine did it with 500 tpe, my last player did it with 400. You're scared for no reason if you think 600 isn't enough to be a solid contributor.

Inactive third liners can do the job just as well? I see teams that have prospects sitting in the SMJHL that would be in their top 6 or top 4. GMs should be forced to manage their rosters and make room for the active prospect and considering shipping away the inactive. Or, I don't know, make a legitimate 4th line.

Also with this rule you still get more than enough time to play in the SMJHL. This would only force players up when they are ready. Slow earners don't truly get effected by this.

You bring up expansion but that doesn't change the mind set. There were LITERALLY SPOTS for players to play and they chose to stay down. What difference will expansion make? What if their guys just do the exact same thing. Your counter argument is stacked teams, but teams that are bare of legit players don't even bring their players up when they are clearly ready for the big leagues.

There may be teams where that is the case, In my case my team just doesn't have a need for me on the third line and rather give me a solid chance for a rookie award and top 6 minutes when they call me up.
Just because you did it doesn't mean it holds true today, the site is growing and scene ever changing, not everyone feels the need to maximize their amount of SHL games. I might have gotten a little heated before and I apologize for that.

You still come off as wanting to play boss just cause not everyone want to take the same path as you.

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 04:08 PM by ThatDamnWalrus.)

I agree. Smh @ people who stay down when they can help their SHL team.

The only reasons people stay down are to stack tpe for the rookie award, or because they want to light up the smjhl as a maxed player.

Imagine McDavid telling Edmonton to kick sand because he wanted to dick on other teams for a little while longer.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

12-19-2018, 03:53 PMMayuu Wrote:
12-19-2018, 03:46 PMBoomcheck Wrote: I just find this entertaining. 600 TPE is more than enough to be an effective rookie in the SHL, this player of mine did it with 500 tpe, my last player did it with 400. You're scared for no reason if you think 600 isn't enough to be a solid contributor.

There may be teams where that is the case, In my case my team just doesn't have a need for me on the third line and rather give me a solid chance for a rookie award and top 6 minutes when they call me up.
Just because you did it doesn't mean it holds true today, the site is growing and scene ever changing, not everyone feels the need to maximize their amount of SHL games. I might have gotten a little heated before and I apologize for that.

You still come off as wanting to play boss just cause not everyone want to take the same path as you.

But this suggestion is way different than any path I take fam.

Why does no one want to take third line roles? Why aren't they considered important? The rookie award? You do have a point, the awards committee is downright pretty bad in regards to ROTY. Age of a rookie is not taken into consideration, so these rookies slumbering down there until 700-800 will always win over those 400 TPE true rookies.

I have long believed we should have some sort of ice time limiting factor on forwards to prevent stacking and forcing teams to play other players more to keep it more balanced.

And uhh... I just went up and scored 25 points as a 500 TPE rookie S43, we just did S44. My other player was a true rookie in S31, and we haven't exactly made any drastic changes to the sim engine since then. I am saying legitimate good prospects shiuldn't take up SMJHL spots, like what's the point of continuing to just dominate?

This cap would simulate IRL.

If you keep playing with lesser competition you do not get better.

The reason I wanted it TPE based rather than seasons if because there are many different situations, and not all prospects are higher earner or anything of that sort but enjoy the SMJHL feel. Pick position doesn't matter in this system, only how much you earn. If you want to keep earning TPE? Go to the SHL with better competition.

However, the flaw in this system has been brought up. Hiding TPE. The league has implemented a rule where certain season Ts cannot be used if past a certain time, maybe a similar method can be used here.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

12-19-2018, 07:45 AMTommySalami Wrote:
12-19-2018, 07:30 AMSnussu Wrote: Tbh I don't think changing cap is necessary.
I was drafted like 4th round and I'm in top 20 of TPE earners of my class. I'm 550 TPE and I'm getting called up.
Why? Cause Team needs me. I would happily stay down if Team didn't need me and I could have gone up with 650+ TPE

SHL GM's want players to get as much TPE as possible. For Example, EDM Prospect will probably stay down for 4-5 Seasons just because they have so many High TPE players.
Sometimes you go up at 550 TPE. Sometimes 700 TPE

I'm going to EDM this season. I think we may need to bump waivers up a season. I don't want to upset my own team, but it's silly that teams can sit on 500-800 TPE prospects, when teams like Minnesota and Seattle have next to no actives.

Consider me upset >:(

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

12-19-2018, 04:06 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: I agree. Smh @ people who stay down when they can help their SHL team.

The only reasons people stay down are to stack tpe for the rookie award, or because they want to light up the smjhl as a maxed player.

Imagine McDavid telling Edmonton to kick sand because he wanted to dick on other teams for a little while longer.

Dude, SMJHL teams seem to be expecting guys to stay down for 3+ seasons now. It isn't just the players at this point.

Also, hello Walrus.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

[Image: PJjPv76.png]

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 03:33 PM by Daco.)

Eh fuck it

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

12-28-2018, 03:22 PMDaco Wrote: Eh fuck it

How dare you tag me and leave me wanting

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

12-28-2018, 03:34 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
12-28-2018, 03:22 PMDaco Wrote: Eh fuck it

How dare you tag me and leave me wanting

I had a rant written out and tagged you and eggy and drunkenteddy then decide my input was meaningless and why bother nothing will be changed <_<

12-28-2018, 04:21 PMDaco Wrote:
12-28-2018, 03:34 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: How dare you tag me and leave me wanting

I had a rant written out and tagged you and eggy and drunkenteddy then decide my input was meaningless and why bother nothing will be changed  <_<

Naw man, things do get changed if enough people complain about it. Just not fast enough for a lot of people.

12-28-2018, 04:25 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
12-28-2018, 04:21 PMDaco Wrote: I had a rant written out and tagged you and eggy and drunkenteddy then decide my input was meaningless and why bother nothing will be changed  <_<

Naw man, things do get changed if enough people complain about it. Just not fast enough for a lot of people.

I think the fake cap of 350 is meaningless. Raise it to 500, make it hard meaning if you want to go higher you can't earn and store more waiting to go up to shl. Fixes all the league's issues. Fake cap of 350 is destroying juniors and the shl really with people storing and staying longer than they should. If you want to earn more you need to go up which incentivizes people to be happy with a 3rd line role in the shl since it keeps them growing. Raising it from 350 means you can still have people spend 2-3 seasons in juniors, except its real not artificially capped. Rookie classes for Jesster award are then evened out since top people start at 500, you can't come in at 600 or whatever. You can still jump to the shl at 350 or whenever, you just may not get a spot on the team. Like the real nhl. Then you make a rule saying teams cant send down active people above 500 since that would stunt their growth. Kinda simple. Grandfather in everyone already past this and its fixed next generation