Create Account

Chicago Syndicate Press Conference

01-12-2019, 07:15 PMJSS Wrote: any other team names and locations you thought of before choosing chiraq syndicates?

Looked at Canadian cities first but decided that the US had better markets available. Came down to Philly and Chicago and I ultimately thought the branding for Chicago was better.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Solid branding, just kinda weird its on another league.

What's your ideal locker room situation in Chicago? How much will discord activity matter to the organization?

01-12-2019, 07:18 PMztevans Wrote: Both you and the other expansion team (to be located and branded later, not that we're waiting or anything Joe) will be entering the league in time to draft players from the S46 SHL Entry Draft.  How much scouting have you already done for this massive draft?
A fair bit. Luketd's spreadsheet is super helpful! Right now things are pretty preliminary though and more big picture. For example how many rounds of actives can I expect. What different tiers of prospects are there etc. There are obviously people in this draft I'm interested in but I probably won't start narrowing down specific people just yet Wink

Also have been looking towards the expansion draft to try and get an idea of what our first season team might look like!

Need a goalie? :eyes:

Are you scared that your LR might have problems being active since most of the players you have to choose from are IA anyway?

What other significant aspects of Chicago are you going to include in your franchise to make it a true Chicago team? How will you give back to the fans?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

01-12-2019, 08:02 PMSamee Wrote: Solid branding, just kinda weird its on another league.

What's your ideal locker room situation in Chicago? How much will discord activity matter to the organization?
Thanks Samee! Agreed that it's rather unfortunate :(

We definitely want an active LR! I know that was something people had concerns about. As a GM it will be important for me to devlop a good culture. I also want to bring in people who have a good discord presence. So it will definitely matter. However, I wont be against people who aren't the most talkative in discord either. Everyone is on the site for different reasons and I think a good team considers that and develops and environment that everyone can be happy in!

You went through a relatively new process implemented by Head Office where they brought you into a Discord server for an "interview". Can you walk us through what that was like?
What kind of players do you favour when building lines?
If you could have any member as your Co-Gm, past or present, who would you choose?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

01-12-2019, 08:05 PMSlashACM Wrote: Need a goalie? :eyes:

Are you scared that your LR might have problems being active since most of the players you have to choose from are IA anyway?

What other significant aspects of Chicago are you going to include in your franchise to make it a true Chicago team? How will you give back to the fans?

Haha why of course! It is a key part of any successful franchise Smile

It's definitely a risk for sure. But I'm honestly so glad that we have a great rookie class coming up! They should bring plenty of energy to the team. I'm also planning to be very active in FA. We will have salary cap space and I plan to use it to bring in some vets who might like the opportunity to be a star on a new team which will also help activity! With STHS even a worse team on paper can have a good run!

The Pizza! Every team dinner will be pizza! I actually love the architecture in Chicago and hope to incorporate it into some future media or potentially alternate logos Smile Good question, I will have to think about it and come up with some team giving back articles!

01-12-2019, 08:24 PMDangles13 Wrote: You went through a relatively new process implemented by Head Office where they brought you into a Discord server for an "interview". Can you walk us through what that was like?
What kind of players do you favour when building lines?
If you could have any member as your Co-Gm, past or present, who would you choose?

Sure! I think it was actually good for the HO to have a second round of interviews with the candidates! I was in a channel with all the HO members and they asked me a few questions! I actually kinda expected more questions to be honest. The questions were good though, asking about who I would want as a Co-GM, my discord activity, and my IIHF work. It made sense that the HO would want to address any concerns they had with me before making a decision Smile

I think the SHL is currently pretty heavy in Snipers. 3 snipers on a line isn't really a great combo. So I would say I really like having playmakers and power forwards. They allow you to be more flexible with lines as a GM!

Hmm good question! Probably JNH Smile He really helped me learn the league and then we worked a lot together as Co-gms and Commissioners. We were pretty much always on the same page. He was also super active and well liked! Maybe he will come back and see this and recreate :O

01-12-2019, 08:35 PMVelevra Wrote: Sure! I think it was actually good for the HO to have a second round of interviews with the candidates! I was in a channel with all the HO members and they asked me a few questions! I actually kinda expected more questions to be honest. The questions were good though, asking about who I would want as a Co-GM, my discord activity, and my IIHF work. It made sense that the HO would want to address any concerns they had with me before making a decision Smile

I think the SHL is currently pretty heavy in Snipers. 3 snipers on a line isn't really a great combo. So I would say I really like having playmakers and power forwards. They allow you to be more flexible with lines as a GM!

Hmm good question! Probably JNH Smile He really helped me learn the league and then we worked a lot together as Co-gms and Commissioners. We were pretty much always on the same page. He was also super active and well liked! Maybe he will come back and see this and recreate :O

I think your application was very thorough so we didn't need to delve deep for questions. You also answered most of our concerns up front which was a good indication for us.

I miss JNH, I used to play NHL with him when he was mostly inactive on the SHL. Good times.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

01-12-2019, 08:15 PMVelevra Wrote:
01-12-2019, 08:02 PMSamee Wrote: Solid branding, just kinda weird its on another league.

Thanks Samee! Agreed that it's rather unfortunate :(

We definitely want an active LR! I know that was something people had concerns about. As a GM it will be important for me to devlop a good culture. I also want to bring in people who have a good discord presence. So it will definitely matter. However, I wont be against people who aren't the most talkative in discord either. Everyone is on the site for different reasons and I think a good team considers that and develops and environment that everyone can be happy in!
nice! im excited to see what you can do with chicago!

I miss jnh the most

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

01-12-2019, 05:11 PMVelevra Wrote: I was in a channel with all the HO members and they asked me a few questions! I actually kinda expected more questions to be honest.

I actually can say the same thing. I got very few questions during my interview and thought that I would've gotten a lot more.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

So I told Ace in my last contract negotiation that I wanted a NTC, unless a team was put in Chicago, then I wanted a mandatory trade clause to go there. I have zero knowledge if that's enforceable, but let's just say I know where I want to finish my career.

01-15-2019, 08:12 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: So I told Ace in my last contract negotiation that I wanted a NTC, unless a team was put in Chicago, then I wanted a mandatory trade clause to go there. I have zero knowledge if that's enforceable, but let's just say I know where I want to finish my career.

[Image: surprise-pikachu-meme-000-original-blank.png]

01-12-2019, 09:14 PMkit Wrote: I miss jnh the most

Honestly, me too.