Create Account

S45 PT #3 - Mix and Match

[Image: oytlOYy.jpg]

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Quote:Topic 1 -After an unpresidented run of prosperity which includes making the post season in 20 of the last 21 seasons, the Calgary Dragons dealt Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus in a series of draft pick trades wiping 3400 TPE off the roster. Is this the end of an era? Put your pundit cap on and let us know whats in store for the Dragons moving forward?

We can only hope. This franchise has gone through many players over the years and many of them were straight up trash. We had the whole Jaime and Jala fascination which was just straight up weird. They would literally have sex on the board over each others comments. We had the Gorlab era that went out on a sour note and now he will never come back even though what he did was far from malicious compared to others. We have one of the worst logos I've seen in simulation leagues representing this franchise and I think it's time for them to just fade away so we don't have to worry about their inability to relate to the rest of the league. It's about time this franchise got left in the dust for a little bit. Also can we rebrand this team? Now that they are going to fade into relative mediocracy we should be able to rebrand them to pull them out from that downward spiral eventually.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

[Image: smeb.png]

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

I feel like Calgary has an amazing manager/management team and although this current group of players is getting old or moving on to new things, they will have no trouble maintaining their status as one of the best organizations in the league. Things happen fast in this league and between FA's and the draft as well as the trade market I feel like Calgary has nothing to worry about. It might not be likely for them to win the cup this year but I expect them to be fighting for the leagues top trophy again really soon. I've only heard players speak highly of Calgary and as long as their is no major shifts in their management I feel like people will be lining up to play for the Dragons. Only negative I think is that more people will want to play on the expansion teams because they have a chance at setting records there that will be much harder on current teams. With how the league has changed most old players records won't be touched as we are in a new era with more players.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Is this the end of an era? I guess that depends on how you define an “era”. When Brett Favre left the Green Bay packers in 2008, the Packers missed the playoffs and went 6-10 after having gone to the NFC championship game with a 13-3 season the year prior. The Packers bounced back the next season going 11-5 and then won the Super Bowl in 2010. An argument could be made that Favre’s departure was the end of an era and that Rodgers began a new era, but with success so close to each other I think Rodger’s is a continuation of a Packers era of dominance for 20+ years. My prediction is that Calgary will just continue on their legacy. Kurczewski and Augustus are future hall of famers, for sure, but they won’t be able to play forever. By trading them while they are past their peak but still have a lot of value, Calgary can set themselves up for continued long term success. Sure, they may have a dip in success and miss the playoffs a season or two, but they will bounce back.

Words: 187

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

Quote:Topic 1 -After an unpresidented run of prosperity which includes making the post season in 20 of the last 21 seasons, the Calgary Dragons dealt Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus in a series of draft pick trades wiping 3400 TPE off the roster. Is this the end of an era? Put your pundit cap on and let us know whats in store for the Dragons moving forward?

With how Calgary has been run I do not see this deal being such a major blow to the organization. The organization was getting older so I know they need to do what they can to try to get younger. I know from an insider Calgary was trying to pick up the last pick in the 1st round of the previous SHL Entry Draft but missed it by mere minutes. The source also said they were looking at Kenji Yoshimura to fill in a center role. They know Yoshimura would love Calgary and that kind of addition plus the other picks they got back in the Augustus and Kurczewski deals would help backfill spots that are needed. With rumour of Kurczewski wanting to leave Calgary to start his own team getting a first round pick back for a potential season rental for Calgary was huge in my opinion. The deal won't kill them as they will build from within to keep that success going.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 12:01 AM by GoonerBear.)

Topic 1

It would seem this is the end of an era in Calgary. Kurczewski and Augustus were both big, career-long presences on the Dragons and these two being traded away for draft stock reveals the organization's realization Kurczewski's time has come and with that, Augustus might not have been happy to stay. With that knowledge, this is a smart move to at least try to get value back while they still can. Kurczewski can chase at least one more Cup with Edmonton, who have always needed just that one more piece for a serious Challenge Cup run and Augustus can settle in with a contemporary power in the West Kendall Platoon to try to push them over into becoming a dynasty in at least the Eastern Conference. The expansion draft also changed the way the Dragons had to look at this and this was a good way to get value back now and limit the number of key players they had to mull over regarding protection.

(168)

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Topic 1: Calgary
Not many people know that the real reason the dynasty team - the Calgary Dragons - traded Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus was because of a prank gone too far. Turns out that some smarmy little kid (known as Little JERK to his friends) sneaked into the Calgary GM's head office and stealthfully placed both Kurczewski and Augustus's names on the trade block. The GM office realized this fact, but once a name is on that board... it's hard to take off. They use super glue, that's why.

Topic 3: Lifetime Achievement
Man, this award (I feel) could go to soo many players. Off the top of my dome, there's you, Izzy, Evans, Kurczewski, Gooney (OBVS), Leafs, Raymond2000, Teddy, Bojo, Dude, Crutch, TML, , Argar etc. Just so many awesome individual contributors. Maybe there would be an unprecedented case of a FORTY-WAY tie for the award? On a side note, I'd like to say that I really appreciate all the hard work everyone puts into this site. Cheers, buds!

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=55464

PBE

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

The Vidrick Onoprienko is a quite exclusive award. Only eight members received this award since the creation of the league 45 seasons ago. I really do not think it should be something give up easily.  Jaywhy mentioned in his own PT that it was an award given mostly to Simmers or commissioner. I can easily see why. Though baring exceptional simmers like Jaywhy or JackCross, which I know, hold the position for years, I do not think it should be awarded to simmers. Simmers are paid greatly for it every season and I can see by quick glance that they are often awarded the Damian Littleton instead. (twice Jaywhy, thrice me so far) I think commish deserve it as they do not have any form of award recognition right now unlike GMs. However, with Eggy having received it not too long ago, I do not know if it should be awarded again. However, he would be one of my top two candidate to receive it again.  The other member I would concider to get it is @DrunkenTeddy for his work on the forum move and the forum admin since we switched forum. Sure it’s not that long ago when you think about it, but I know full well the man was poked at anytime in the day when it was going down and worked his ass off to fix it as soon as possible. For me, dedicating time like that without even knowing he’d be paid for it or complaining too much about it show that he care a lot about the league and it’s well being.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

[Image: cloutier_render.png]

@Jenny

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

PBE LPT

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 09:20 PM by hhh81.)

Topic 1

This era of success, not unlike the NHL's Detroit Red Wings, is at an end. While the draft picks from the Kurczewski and Augustus trades will help them retool, as of now the prospect pool is mostly barren. Outisde of wingers Mikael Choybuk and Maxime Bouchard, the rest of their prospects look to be busts to this point. The inevitability of Mike Izzy's departure seems to signal the end of the Dragons unprecedented playoff streak. They'll be back, but only after a few seasons with early tee times. It's only a matter of time until 27 year veteran Esa Anrikkanen decides to retire and @Steelhead77 has to find a new, young prospect to represent.

Topic 2
Goalie Yuri Ushakov (@BRayne) is certainly a stand out player. The young Latvian goalie came into training camp and stole the Colorado Raptors' starting goalie position, while also wracking up top three rankings in several statistical categories. Among the deep crew of rookies around the league, Ushakov has quietly put together a strong season.

Beyond Ushakov, another revelation among the SMJHL rookies is current rookie scoring leader, defenseman Guy Zheng. During the interview process, Zheng and his agent @goldenglutes were adamant that he could be an immediate contributor for an SMJHL team. He's been a revaluation for the Kelowna defensive corps, and no doubt has earned the attention of several SHL teams.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]