Create Account

S45 PT #4 - League Ownership

[Image: PT4.png]

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

As most people have talked about I would like to buy the San Francisco Pride and try to turn them into a profitable franchise that can be a perennial playoff contender in the Western Conference. As for players that I would trade. There aren't that many mostly just the few inactive free agents left that are under 600 TPE and Dakota Reid. I am just not a fan of player that fight a lot which essentially disrupts the lines set by the coaching staff. I'd hope to be able to convince Shirobokov and Lundberg for a sign and trade if possible but I'd hope they would be taken in the expansion draft. I'd hope to be able some FA's with any leftover cap after signing my new draftees and RFA/UFA to team friendly deals. All in all my goal would be to reach the playoffs as soon as possible without mortgaging the future of my team which is still very young and will have it's peak around S52.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Task: Your career is winding down and league ownership is now an area of interest... but this is big business so buyers beware! What franchise above would you target buying and why? how would you go about purchasing the team? would you buy a profitable franchise, look for a bargain or grab a fix-me-upper? would you sit back and let the team do its thing or do you plan to be a hands on owner? If you look to make changes what would they be... strategical? philosophical? physical? branding? locker room?.. would you look to fire or trade some people? Will you name some stuff after yourself??... In 150 words or more... talk to us about your journey into league ownership!

I would plan on buying the San Francisco Pride in it's current state and being as hands on as possible in turning this ship around. I would purchase this team with a small loan of a million dollars from my father (plus some of my funds that well... I also inherited from my father but I'm the best businessman there is, the best). The first thing that I would do is a full rebrand to be honest. San Francisco is a cool as hell city to have a team in, but I've just never been that in to the branding. What would I change it to? Well, that's a tough question too because I'm not entirely sure what I would do. It would definitely take some more brainstorming to come up with something that I thought was spectacular. Right now I think the roster is on the rise and the general managers are doing a pretty decent job so I would keep them around as long as their performance continued to be on the rise as well. I would want to work with them in roster management and drafting. I'm not looking to be a total control freak in this scenario but I think that I would be able to provide helpful insight into making the team better and getting fans out to the games and ultimately winning a Challenge Cup... that being said they aren't going to win anytime soon over the Texas Renegades Laughing

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Sven Karlsson has already had a successful career in the arena of professional hockey, spending over 20 years as a player and general manager. Adding team ownership into the mix would really see him trying out every possible avenue. As a player for 4 teams in his career he saw a whole range of locker rooms and environments, but the one he saw most success with was of course the team he manages now, the Texas Renegades. Being able to own the Renegades would be a huge honour for Sven, having already seen them through a change in branding that brought them into the modern era. With their price being so undervalued, the stacked team that the Renegades brings forward off a second place finish in the league this season features a great mix of current and future superstars (even a couple past too), and with a hugely loyal fan base and a past pedigree of incredible success, the team would certainly not be a bad investment

167 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Any smart businessman would look at being able to purchase the San Francisco Pride on the cheap with a look to upgrade their fortunes. Getting into ownership would be an unsurprising move for Richard Physt post playing career. Everyone talks about being hands on and, while I would make good decisions, I'd like to be able to hire a General Manager who can continue to make the team grow with the funds I provide. There is a lot of give and take with this job. Being able to convince the fans of what we can do, and convincing players to WANT to come to the team would be a big help, as well as acquiring draft picks. I believe I'd have enough money to do this as the cost of purchasing this team is rather low by comparison. Hopefully I'd do enough good to help this team to become a consistent contender.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

One of the first teams that should be bought is the Winnipeg Jets. Due to legal reasons, there is heavy pressure for the team to rebrand to avoid copyright laws. The first steps after buying the team will discuss with the league the options for rebranding and possibly relocating the team. Winnipeg is a historic hockey city, but I think distancing them from the Jets branding of the NHL will be the first move. Fans will likely be split on this, but the team image moving forward will only grow as we develop our own identity. I'd let the current general managers continue to run the team as they see fit, but make it very clear that any rebuild going past the fifth year will result in termination and the hiring of new general mangers. I want a competitive team, that doesn't go into an Oilers rebuild where we take fifteen years to rebuild to be even semi decent.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

i will buy the Minnesota chiefs as they are the leaders of the middle top earning teams, and are in one of the biggest hockey markets in north america. They have been fairly consistent, and are usually good to watch, making them a fairly consistent earner as well. With an evaluation of just over 300 million, it is quite the big investment, but it would be one of the safest ones you could pick long-term, and as they are heading towards a youth movement, they should be a fun project to build up over the coming seasons. I wouldn't want to mess with the management of the team too much, but I think I would ensure that the focus of the team was on always having a consistent team. I am not a big fan of going for boom/bust style management, and would much prefer to have a stable, and hopefully successful group to serve the hockey-bred community of Minnesota each year.

There's a lot of great options when your career is coming to an end in the SHL. Fortunately, most get into business but if you're really lucky and made the right moves during your career, you may just have the option of owning one of your own organizations. If and when the time came that I would be able to purchase a team, I think we would have to go with the San Fransisco Pride and let me tell you why. Firstly, I dislike the idea of a team being there in the SHL but not as much as I like the name and everything about it in general. The city I can get over and if rebranded, you could potentially make it into something much better. However, the initial thing that attracts me to the organizations the the likelihood of the higher powers allowing for relocations. To me, looking around, it's going to be one of the easier teams to gives the green light to in terms of relocation and in my eyes, is the one that needs it most.

Lastly, it's dirt cheap. The current state of the team and ownership is in complete financial chaos. The team is losing money and everything is not merry in San Fran. Coming in, you have the ability to move - the ability to heavily grow. The first place team is high up, it's near the ceiling you'd assume. This market has a lot of room to grow and with the right moves, wouldn't be that hard.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Otis B. Driftwood is still early in his career and works for notorious skinflint Esa Anrikkanen. This means he is relatively poor by SHL standards. Slappy McDoodle, on the other hand, is one rich bastard. Since his retirement, he has invested in a myriad of worthy and profitable ventures such as an adult version of slip and slides (inspired by nocturnal adventures with LaFlamme’s large and lovely sisters), a line of Alex Mack lubricants and a smashingly successful collection of neon, thonged unitards such as McDoodle himself can be seen in during his daily runs along the waterfronts of South Beach.

Slappy, a native New Yorker who still spends his summers in the city, has long been bothered by the existence of the Manhattan Rage. Slappy loves New York City in all its variety and glory. Manhattan is just one borough in a larger whole. There is no reason and never has been one, to name a SHL team after just one small portion of this amazing town. Therefore, Slappy McDoodle is prepared to buy the Rage and right this wrong. The first order of business will be to change the name to the New York Rage. The second order of business will be to make a slight adjustment to the Rage name, just a little tweak to Rangers. The team then can finally move on to a more successful future as The New York Rangers and all will be right with the world.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

If I had to buy a team, I think the best quality / price ratio in the offer would be the Toronto North Star. Seeing how the team was rebuilded in the last two seasons and are great contender for the champion cup, I think it’s evaluation is more than fair compared to some other team which are in decline. Being an old player of Toronto, it would give me a feel of going back into my old comfortable slippers.

Since the team is getting more efficient now, I would start by securing the actual coaches, as long as they are winning like this, I see no need to change. I would probably work more on PR and marketing to increase the brand recognition across all the league. It’s still a surprise that the team pulled off so strong so fast, there’s lot of value to get here. With more investment like this, I’m sure the dividend on third parties merchandise, like shirt and caps, will make the the investment of buying the team really profitable.

I'd buy the West Kendall Platoon. Not because I have any sort of attachment or affiliation to the team or players, but because it is just such a god awful location for a hockey team. Like really, a suburb of Miami? I'd move the team to Philly, not sure on the branding though. I don't think JT would have the capital to pull off a purchase like this though from his career earnings so I would need to pay a visit to the bank. Don't think I would be a hands on owner, that usually turns out not so great. I'd bring in a group of people I trust to make good decisions and all the hockey operations and decisions would be made by this management team. Although despite all this if I had the choice I would much rather purchase an expansion franchise and cultivate my own team, culture, etc.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

When Chuck Crutchfield is done playing hockey, he will most likely be looking into getting a stake in at an SHL team to keep him around the game. I think that the best team to invest in at this current time would be the San Francisco Pride, as they are a young, up and coming team, and are currently bankrupt (probably due to wally not paying anyone and getting sued). The Pride is looking extremely attractive to any investor that knows hockey, they are stacked to the rim with prospects, and GM @Grapehead has done a great job supplementing his team with the tools that they need to win. I believe that if someone were looking to invest in the SHL and wanted to be profitable quickly, the San Francisco Pride would be the team to invest in because of the good culture being grown there, and the calibre of players being developed will turn the Pride into a playoff team in no time.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I would buy the San Francisco Pride, relocating the team to a bigger hockey market. Probably Quebec or Ottawa, as Canada is the land of hockey, having ateam there over San Francisco makes a lot of sense. Then i would rebrand it accordingly to the location. Current management group would be let go, with the usual "future endavors" messages attached.
I would work as a Owner-General Manager until i find the suitable fit for management & coaching staff. I would initially focus on bringing in a few big names to make the team attract fans faster. Then continue to build it through young players and Free agency. My goal would be to make the team a consistent playoff contender in the span of three to four seasons once everything is in place. Locker room would be strict and professional. Any controversies would be settled quickly and effectively. No bullshit allowed on Geoff Moore's team.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Kristian Eriksson, after a year away from the game, is looking back to get into the SHL world. With millions in the bank from his long SHL career, Eriksson is thinking about acquiring an SHL team. There's no question what team he would like to buy; he played his entire career with the North Stars, and is revered in Toronto. The North Stars are also a relative bargain, with a purchasing price of 246 million, making them the fourth cheapest team in the SHL. Located in the centre of the hockey universe, the North Stars are bound to increase in valuation. They are an original team with a wonderful history and a loyal fan base. Best of all, the team itself is one the rise after a long and dismal rebuild. As owner, Eriksson wouldn't change much as the team is headed in the right direction. However, he might look at updating the team logo. The colour scheme is one of the best in the SHL, but the logo could use some modernizing.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

I would buy the Toronto North Stars, why you ask? 1. Hometown Owner knows the city what we stand for which the 6ix or the 416 for those who don't get the reference made by Toronto's Very Own Drake. 2. I would change the North Stars name to the Toronto Marlboros to bring the history of that franchise back to the city of Toronto as they were a prestigous franchise that were associated with the Marlies name. Toronto will also get a sponsorship by OVO just like the Toronto Raptors were able to. By having this sponsorship the franchise will be immersed in the sports culture and pop culture of Toronto and get some world recongnition that the franchise needs to grow globally like the Toronto Maple Leafs. And the last thing is to get more national TV games for the franchise and work something with the networks to get both the Malboros and Maple Leafs on a same schedule for broadcasting.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43