Create Account

S46 PT #2 - SHL Cribs

Peter Larson, goalie for the anchorage armada, welcomes us into his home located in the hill suburd, Rabbit Creek. it is a generous sized dwelling although one of the smaller in the street, Peter explains, "I was actually looking for a central flat, much like what [Armada teammates] Lockhart and Cloutier share, but this actually came up for sale at a very fair price for its size and I thought I would enjoy spreading out and being able to host some visitors from home [Denmark] while I am playing here".

He gives us the tour, it's a two level lodge style house with a large open plan ground floor with living, cooking and dinning spaces as well as a games room in the back of the   adjoining garage structure. The living dining and kitchen areas are classically sparsely furnished but warm, with a 'hygge' quality about them. The three bedrooms upstairs are similarly addorned.

The games room seems to be the opposite, cluttered with full shelves and half opened boxes of games, cards and models strewn across two surfaces, one a traditional work top, the other a huge green felt 10 seater poker table. "The poker table is the gaming surface, it's fantastic, works for pretty much all the games I have in here, even the big scale miniature games" and beside the games the room has one other feature, a wall of glass windows facing out into the back yard that slopes award from the house, giving a sense of the entire valley. 

From the back deck, that opens out from the kitchen area, we hear a shout as it seems we have arrived on BBQ night, even in the late autumn, it seems that a number of Peter's team mates like to get together and cook a large outdoor meal to share before retreatong back indoors from the cold, not that they would need to, as we see the majority of the deck is taken up with two large pieces, one a four burner, Webber gas BBQ unit, and the other a huge 12 seater square table, with built in knee heaters to go with the gas firepit built into the centre of the table. A deck set up for use in at least three of the four Alaskan seasons. 

We leave just as the night starts to fall and as the non-cooking members of the team start to turn up, but we think Peter has set himself up a great little social hillside retreat for himself and his regular guests.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Just over an hour away from West Kendall on Key Largo is the first house I have ever owned. Never being much of a party guy the quiet life on the keys suits me. This house is a three bedroom two bath 2,400 square foot house. It might not be as flashy as some the other places guys in the league own but it suits me. It is a five minute walk from the beach where I can recuperate and center myself after all those tough minutes in the SHL. I'm not much for fancy cars or crazy amenities. Really the only thing I've got in the place is a big ass TV with all the gaming systems and a little recording studio. I've got set ups for bass, guitar, and a full drum kit. I'm looking forward to inviting my buds down from Boston during the off-season and laying down some tasty jams. Check out this fridge - nothing but eggs and tofu.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Kata Vilde's crib is a small apartment above a gym in the center of Calgary. It's convenient in that the gym, besides having the workout equipment, has what the Calgary arena doesn't. A wrestling ring. So Kata can practice his wrestling moves with members of the Hart family without having to visit the dungeon. Inside the apartment it's pretty modernesque. Since he's Swedish, the entire place is furnished with Ikea furniture. A huge old school stereo and big screen TV take up all of one wall and Vilde's collection of vinyl takes up most of another. The refrigerator is filled with a selection of rare hard to find beers from around the world and several take out containers of half eaten chicken parms. Boxes of Slim Jims cover the kitchen counters as well as bags of spicy pork rinds. The bed is a pulldown that hides in the wall during the day so there is a bit more room in this tiny place. Finally the bathroom is wallpapered with posters of wrestling superstars. That's it for Vilde's crib, not much there to tell you that he's a hockey player and that's the way Vilde likes it.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

155 words

Casimir Stevens lives in a van down by the river. His SHL salary was blown on some crazy ass expensive equipment, apparently pads cost $8.5 million these days and Stevens only got a $3million contract! It's about 40 square feet big with a mattress in the back. The cool thing is that the house is a moving car too! He can't afford any additional cars. There's no fridge so he gets a lot of his meal from Terrence Nova's fridge. Nova has lots of nice lobster and steak, fresh produce, and all the supplements needed to keep training. Stevens also uses Nova's personal chef and steals his credit card to put gas into the van house. Also it takes a lot of time driving back and forth between Vancouver and Minnesota all the time, so when he has a bad game blame it on being tired from not having enough money to afford a house

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Ayy hey holt S#@T I never thought I'd be one of these things. I'm pretty sure Dom and Jimmy have already done this with you so I'm not sure what the hell you're still doing here. THAT said you didn't get to see my room, let's start with that. Hey there's Troy (points at a Cactus) how you doin you fuckin prick? naaaaaaaaaaaah I'm kidding we love you. Oh hey! Sody! Glad they haven't thrown you away, man you make damn good pop. (He is affectionately talking to an SodaStream from the 80's). Anyway! Here's the ol' room. There's me beer fridge in case I need to hide anything (The fridge containts a copius amount of mayo), over here is my record player. Dom and Jimmy always tell me I'm an idiot for not using Spotify like normal people, but Spotify doesn't let you watch the music go round! Oh shit I still have Jimmy's "sentient" laptop, need to make sure I put that back. Not that he'd notice. Oh hey! My parcel came in today! Yeah gonna need you lot to uhh leave now, thanks.

He ushered us out the door before we could ask what is inside the package.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Tommy Tuck’s place is quite modest. He does live in Edmonton during the regular season as well as the off-season now, since he just signed his extension this past off-season. Instead of having some giant mansion with hundreds of rooms and just way to big for comfort, Tommy Tuck is on the lay low with his house. He just has a normal three-bedroom, two bath house, with a walk in closet in the master bedroom. In the basement though, he has had it completely redone to show his love for games. All types of games and memorabilia he has in the basement, he has statues, figures, board games, card games, his computer and all the systems imaginable down in the basement. Hell, every system has it’s own room down there, and it is a beautiful sight. Tommy Tuck is looking to retire and become a full time streamer so while he still plays, he always makes sure to get his time in with his games.

(165 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 01:46 PM by goldenglutes.)

Hi! I'm Guy Zheng, and welcome to my crib!

(Cue montage of all of the best bits of my one bedroom apartment)

I live in a one bedroom apartment in the heart of Kelowna. I moved into here when I first joined the team, and I was excited that I found a place that's not too expensive or fancy. Even though I was on a $3 million contract at the time, I knew that by the time the season ended and I was drafted by an SHL team, my contract likely wouldn't be as generous and the training and equipment would be even more expensive.

So the first thing you see when you enter the apartment is my kitchen. It's not very big, but it's got everything I need and the equipment's all nice and stainless steel. Over here I've got my fridge, and inside you'll find some hummus, some broccoli, a few steaks, a few chicken thighs, some pork chops, various sauces and condiments, noodles, broth, apples, and oranges. That mound of brown stuff over there is a rib that I'm dry aging myself -- I'm an amateur cook and I kinda wanted to try dry aging my own steaks. I'll let you know how it turns out. In the freezer I've got some tubs of ice cream and a big bucket of ice. The best thing about this freezer is how much ice it makes -- I like to take a lot of ice baths, even at home, so it's always good to have a steady flow of ice.

Next up there's the living room. Not much to see here, just a couch, a coffee table, and a TV. There are a few consoles hooked up but I don't play them very much. Through this door is my bedroom -- there's a big bed, a desk, and a nice desktop.

Lastly, we can check out my car. Here in the underground garage, you can see my 1968 Mustang. I got this beauty after I signed my SHL contract, and it's been modified a bit to include power steering and modern brakes. Some people might consider those changes to be sacrilegious, but I'm not out here trying to get an arm and leg workout just driving my car. I already get enough of that during practice.

That's it from me. Thanks for checking out my crib and maybe I'll see you again when I move to New England!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Welcome to SHL Cribs, today we are visiting Ridgebury, Connecticut, visiting the home of the Calgary Dragons young forward, Nicky Pedersen Jr. During the season, Pedersen Jr. lives in GM and godfather's Esa Anrikkanen's spare bedroom, he's 2nd year player, and hasn't earned the big dollars yet, so today we are visiting his childhood home, where he spends his offseasons. Pedersen Jr. like his father, a member of the chicken parm loving Calgary Dragons, has a world class kitchen, that any chef in the world would be happy to cook in. This is the most amazing feature of the 17,200 sq foot home that overlooks the sleepy new england town. Not only did they build an amazing kitchen, with every amenity that one could imagine, including an authentic Italian Brick Oven Pizza oven, flown brick by brick from the old country. To go along with the state of the art kitchen, the Pedersen's have brought over a grandmother and her grandson from Parma, to feed the large extended family that lives at the Pedersen's home. The basement of the mansion is where Nicky Calls his home, fully furnished, with his own indoor area, that he can hone his shooting skills. The other feature of the compound that Nicholas built is that it has it's own ice rink out in the back of their property. This is where Nicky would practice hour after hour, working on his skating and shooting, so that he could follow in his fathers footsteps to become a SHL superstar.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Johannes Leitner is a simple man with simple taste but he also loves having things to do, so he currently is living in downtown Boston pretty close to the Wolfpack's home stadium so he does not have a car and spends a lot of times in his loft. Leitner's loft is big and elegant with brand new stainless steel appliances and a theatre room with an 80-inch television and comfortable reclining couches. There are memorabilia over his career hung on the walls behind a mini bar which is juxtaposed in between the kitchen and theatre room. He has jerseys from his days in Vancouver and with the national team in Austria, as well as a signed goalie stick from his SMJHL cup winning Whalers team. Leitner is a homebody so he spends a lot of time at his loft with friends and family along with some occasional Tinder excursions and he has everything you need for a great night in. A ton of movies, games (Video and Board) and enough room to have a solid social gathering. If you want to go somewhere, grab a beer, and watch some hockey games, it is Johannes Leitner's loft that should be your top choice for a great time.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

On the subject of cribs, T-Pain once said; "Back to the crib, show you how I live". Daniel Karlsson follows in T-Pain's advice and takes great pride in his crib, and showing people how he lives. He resides in a spacious apartment in downtown Dallas which he shares with his good friend Chuck Crutchfield, although Chucky is currently based in Montreal and thus never there to see it. Anyway, Daniel has fitted his flat out with T-Pain records, wall to wall, there's nothing he likes to do more after a long day of playing hockey than come home, sit in his recliner and listen to some songs like "Buy U A Drank". Although it isn't the kind of mansion that some SHL players live in, Daniel Karlsson is very happy with his apartment and it's appreciation for a star of mid 2000s hip hop/RNB. It's not much to look at, but it's home.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Yo cribs! Welcome to my crib.

So, this is where I live. Over here is my kitchen. I use that stove to yah know, cook my food. Heres my coffee maker, juicer, toaster. 

This here is my fridge. As you can see I don't eat much.

*he opens the door to the fridge, exposing what seems to be the top of a building. Covered in smoke*

This is the passage to my lord Gozer, the Traveler.
Follow me.

Up here is my roof top altar where I can summon Gozer. These are her dog gargoyles, Zuul and Vinz Clortho. They didnt murder you. They must like you..
Over here are the heads of the last of the Meketrix Supplicants. 

Here she comes. She looks mad.

Alright, beat it. I got shit to do. Dont go get yourself roasted in the he-depths of a Slor alright?

*he slams the door.*

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Welcome SHL Cribs members to my House, sorry about the boxes, im still moving into my flat in Manhattan, I used to have a lot of room in San Fran lol.

But yeah, I just started to unpack, so sorry about the mess. You might have recognized it is the same house as my Teammate Alex Winters @39alaska39 as I dont have my own house at the moment, so I needed to borrow some things from Alex. Its easy for us to live together because we share Hotel Rooms while we traveled during the WJC and the IIHF, so its the same.

But yeah if you follow me to the basement where I claimed my own space you get to see some of the things I collect. I collect old hockey equipment, as you can see I have some old signed gear from Czech Legends I grew up watching like Slappy McDoodle @Slappydoodle and Pierre-Luc Laflamme. They were important in my development of my player. I have Slappy's Stick and old Blades, while I have a signed Laflamme jersey he wore to an IIHF Tourny.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough